Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Why Has Chinue Achebe Not Won The Nobel Prize In Literature? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why Has Chinue Achebe Not Won The Nobel Prize In Literature? (1266 Views)

Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Prize In 1986 (picture) / Alice Munro Wins The 2013 Nobel Prize For Literature / Why Has Achebe Not Won Nobel Laureate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Has Chinue Achebe Not Won The Nobel Prize In Literature? by Strength10: 5:37am On Mar 19, 2009
Why has Chinue Achebe not won the Nobel Prize in literature.?? This is very interesing and disturbing because his works are read around the world, used in major universities as required textbooks especially in US and UK, and his books has made great impact into understanding African culture as a whole and used in African American Universities in Education Blacks on their Heritage. He Deserves it and they should be a movement for this. Nigeria can boast of 2 Nobel lauretes in Literature because they both (Soyinka and Achebe) Deserve it more than anybody.
Re: Why Has Chinue Achebe Not Won The Nobel Prize In Literature? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 11, 2010
He has not been awarded the prize because the Nobel establishment are not comfortable with his independent African perspective on issues.

They only give such awards to those whom they don't fear.
Re: Why Has Chinue Achebe Not Won The Nobel Prize In Literature? by beautyline(f): 10:36am On Oct 20, 2010
They probably prefer abstract writings and poems.

(1) (Reply)

I Paid To Watch My Only Son Die / Diary Of A Troubled Cassanova / Let Mine Be Mine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.