Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... (2850 Views)

My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! / My Husband Wants To Use Me For Money Rituals / My Husband Wants Divorce After Taking My Late Husband’s Possessions – Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... by ConfessionsNgr: 6:00pm On Aug 03, 2015
My home is about to be shattered. Is it my fault that I couldn't give birth to a male child or am I God? My husband and I have been married for twelve years and we have four daughters. He doesn't really care about the sex of the children. He loves them and can spend his last kobo on them. He is the first child and the only son of his family, in their clan their wives do give birth to a son as the firstborn, I'm the odd one out who has a daughter as the firstborn. My husband is not really bothered about that but his mother is on his neck to give her a son or marry another woman if I can't. My once loving mother-in-law now despise me like a flithy rag. The pressure is just too much and my husband has been forced to dance to their tune. He was on my side when all these started but now I'm alone in the battle. I would have given child bearing another trial but my doctor warned me not to risk my life by getting pregnant again because I had my last two daughters through Caesarean Section and the last one was a little bit complicated, it was just God that saved me. I don't want to lose my man, my home to a strange woman out there.

Posted anonymously on www.confessionsnigeria.com
http://confessionsnigeria.com/post/184/my-husband-wants-to-take-a-second-wife
Re: My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... by bi0nics: 6:01pm On Aug 03, 2015
undecided.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... by mecuzee(m): 6:01pm On Aug 03, 2015
So we should advice you?
Re: My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... by Cutehector(m): 6:03pm On Aug 03, 2015
And wat if d boy grows up to be smth odd?
Re: My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... by donholy28(m): 6:04pm On Aug 03, 2015
Have faith in God don't trust ur doctor this once...na him be d best doctor,he shall give u a son which u will deliver safely despite ur doctors tale if woe to u if u get pregnant again
Re: My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... by Tallesty1(m): 6:06pm On Aug 03, 2015
Taking a second wife is not that bad.

A man that has only one wife is blind in one eye.

Let The Bashing Begin!

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... by bi0nics: 6:08pm On Aug 03, 2015
Tallesty1:

Let The Bashing Begin!

First to Bash

So you will Marry Tw0 or more wives? undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... by Mrbigman1(m): 6:11pm On Aug 03, 2015
I can't imagine how u feel right now, difficult times are unimaginable but the Lord is your strength.
There is nothing you can do to remedy the situation order than turning to Jesus.

Be a good woman, and think ahead.

Look, strike a deal with ur man, he can ve the child outside and get the child in for you to train. Or if the parents refuse that, u can persuade him to not bring the woman anywhere close to your home.

The woman can stay in the village with his mum but the sanity of your home should be kept.

If you can get this, then u can now be on ur guard, dnt press it and keep on praying.

Sarah did it so u might be surprised she continues with the female gender then he will think otherwise.
But dnt wish them bad in anycase, start fighting for the future of your daughters and yours now but dnt be a demon doing it.
Women are know to be tricky so be that.

It's well

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... by Mrbigman1(m): 6:11pm On Aug 03, 2015
I can't imagine how u feel right now, difficult times are unimaginable but the Lord is your strength.
There is nothing you can do to remedy the situation order than turning to Jesus.

Look, strike a deal with ur man, he can ve the child outside and get the child in for you to train. Or if the parents refuse that, u can persuade him to not bring the woman anywhere close to your home.

The woman can stay in the village with his mum but the sanity of your home should be kept.

If you can get this, then u can now be on ur guard, dnt press it and keep on praying.

Sarah did it so u might be surprised she continues with the female gender then he will think otherwise.
But dnt wish them bad in anycase, start fighting for the future of your daughters and yours now but dnt be a demon doing it.

It's well

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... by Tallesty1(m): 6:13pm On Aug 03, 2015
bi0nics:

First to Bash

So you will Marry Tw0 or more wives? undecided
or more

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... by bi0nics: 6:17pm On Aug 03, 2015
Tallesty1:
or more

grin and you will bc0me father 0f billion babies
Re: My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 03, 2015
donholy28:
Have faith in God don't trust ur doctor this once...na him be d best doctor,he shall give u a son which u will deliver safely despite ur doctors tale if woe to u if u get pregnant again
shocked man, are you for real undecided
Re: My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... by cococandy(f): 6:22pm On Aug 03, 2015
Pls dump his sorry ass first.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 03, 2015
Mrbigman1:

It's well

What sort of advice is Thiss for goodness sake?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... by donholy28(m): 6:26pm On Aug 03, 2015
chimkaire:
shocked man, are you for real undecided
what do u advice her to do?...stop getting pregnant and end her husband's lineage or let another woman take over and back hand her and her daughters
Re: My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... by ronald4lif(m): 6:28pm On Aug 03, 2015
There's a thing called divorce. Do all you can to prevail on him not to but if he insist you move on. Unless of course you're dependent on him.
Re: My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 03, 2015
donholy28:
what do u advice her to do?...stop getting pregnant and end her husband's lineage or let another woman take over and back hand her and her daughters
she has been advised medically not to, for her safety. The truth is staring at us. There's no 2ways about it. She should focus on her wellbeing and her daughters. Qed.
By the way, do you think the hubby would want/agree to get her preggers knowing about the doctor's warning? I am sure, he rarely does the do-do with wifey since her last childbirth lipsrsealed
Re: My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... by donholy28(m): 6:36pm On Aug 03, 2015
chimkaire:
she has been advised medically not to, for her safety. The truth is staring at us. There's no 2ways about it. She should focus on her wellbeing and her daughters. Qed.
By the way, do you think the hubby would want/agree to get her preggers knowing about the doctor's warning? I am sure, he rarely does the do-do with wifey since her last childbirth lipsrsealed
doctors report has ruined many homes....with God all things re possible... even women with no wombs and have never conceived b4 get children.... although the doctors have already declared them wasted
Re: My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... by ancashy(f): 6:56pm On Aug 03, 2015
We women forget we can only do our best and hope and plan for the best and the worst at the same time
If you get pregnant and loose ur life,he will marry someone else.
Don't worry yourself it is nt easy,but it is better to focus on you,your children and your futures. you can not control d actions of someone else but you can control yours. Don't stop being a good wife and a wonderful mother.
Best of luck.
Re: My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 03, 2015
donholy28:
doctors report has ruined many homes....with God all things re possible... even women with no wombs and have never conceived b4 get children.... although the doctors have already declared them wasted
...the op's hubby's already dancing to his mum's tune...as expected of most men. Hey, why waste energy on this cheesy
*sipsvodka* grin. Care for a shot undecided wink angry
Re: My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... by donholy28(m): 7:00pm On Aug 03, 2015
chimkaire:
...the op's hubby's already dancing to his mum's tune...as expected of most men. Hey, why waste energy on this cheesy
*sipsvodka* grin. Care for a shot undecided wink angry
ya give me two shots...while we silently wish op goodluck

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... by focus7: 7:13pm On Aug 03, 2015
Tell your husband, the mother and the clan to watch out for the coming of a fake (bastard) son into the family. Since they are desperate for a son, it will not be difficult for them to find a lady that will give them a pregnancy from another man.
Re: My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... by parismarc: 8:05pm On Aug 03, 2015
Nonsense!!! And what makes your husband think that the next women will give him a son?

The last time I checked, the man is the sole determinant of the sex of a child, abi you get Y chromosome?

That's how a man with 5 daughters in my area married a second wife to get a son, she gave him 7 beautiful gals cheesy

In these days of boko haram and bomblasts, who remembers lineage? When one's lineage can be wiped out in 10 seconds, abeg tell your husband to free you.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... by Mrbigman1(m): 8:15pm On Aug 03, 2015
njokusboy:

What sort of advice is Thiss for goodness sake?

The kind someone in that kinda situation deserves to have or do u ve anything better?
Re: My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... by armyofone(m): 9:49pm On Aug 03, 2015
Your husband is the problem. He is just pretending to you....if he really can't challenge his mother, then he is the bone to pick. I think he is just looking for a way to sample some opeke out there. Don't fall for his my mama said grin
Tell him your parents want a male child too so you both have ultimatum to enjoy equally.
Re: My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... by innervoice(m): 10:06pm On Aug 03, 2015
armyofone:
Your husband is the problem. He is just pretending to you....if he really can't challenge his mother, then he is the bone to pick. I think he is just looking for a way to sample some opeke out there. Don't fall for his my mama said grin
Tell him your parents want a male child too so you both have ultimatum to enjoy equally.

Come on, it is very likely this is true. Don't tell me you don't know at least 10 Nigerian guys who do what mama says. grin grin grin
Re: My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... by SAMBARRY: 12:32pm On Aug 04, 2015
Tallesty1:

Let The Bashing Begin!
another one

Re: My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... by Chidoks(f): 3:18pm On Aug 04, 2015
adopt a male child.get your husband to agree to it.make him see why polygamy is bad.it's not your fault dear, just try and convince him.( God help you)
Re: My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 04, 2015
Medically the fault is your husband's. He is the one that determines the sex of a child not you. Yours is to carry them and nuture them till delivery.
Re: My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... by vague: 7:44pm On Aug 04, 2015
donholy28:

If that woman dies her ghost must remember to visit donholy to collect funeral expenses because it is not God who gives doctors knowledge.
Re: My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... by vague: 7:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
IyawoDoctor:
Medically the fault is your husband's. He is the one that determines the sex of a child not you. Yours is to carry them and nuture them till delivery.
doctors need to explain this more to all those ignorant men out there
Re: My Husband Wants To Take A Second Wife... by vague: 7:48pm On Aug 04, 2015
Tallesty1:

Let The Bashing Begin!
meaning your father is either an ashawo or a blind man.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Won't Date Another 'male Feminist' / Married Men Please Stop Doing These Things To Your Wife / 10 Things Parents Shouldn’t Do For Their Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.