Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,942 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Man Of Steel – Movie Review - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Man Of Steel – Movie Review (1284 Views)

Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review / Anthony Mackie Joins Joins The Marvel VS DC War By Dissing Man Of Steel / Man Of Steel – Movie Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Of Steel – Movie Review by Efostick(m): 9:08pm On Aug 03, 2015
I don’t want to write about this movie but the more I think about it, I just couldn’t help myself. Man of Steel is really a let down for me, after seeing this movie I can tell you for a fact that I wasn’t smiling.

In this movie we find out why Kal-El has the fortress of solitude, the way Jor-El saved his son and sent him to planet earth, the Superman symbol we all thought was an “S” wasn’t. Rather it means hope in Krypton. What I don’t get is General Zod and his Armies were arrested for treason and sent to prison (The Phantom Zone) for “300 Cycles of Somatic Reconditioning” and when the planet Krypton was destroyed, how did he survived ?. The Phantom Zone is on Krypton discovered by Jor-El (let me not go into comics here), the writers should have done a better job there.

There are many flaws in this movie , let me make it known that I’m a big fan of Superman but the fact is that this movie is flat. There is absolutely no character development and the relationships they form are shallow and ineffectual. Lois and Clark’s relationship is him being grateful to her for not revealing his identity and her thinking he’s hot, they is simply no atom of chemistry between this two. The only character i felt would be the female commander (Amy Adams) who is Zod’s next in command. She is witty and fierce with a spunky personality. The visuals (too much special effects) are there to distract the viewers from the poorly woven story, which consist mostly of CGI fights between Superman and General Zod’s forces. However , it doesn’t excuse the movie from the way Lois is suddenly kissing some guy whom she just met few weeks ago. A really sad comeback in superman films.

When you think Superman you remember Lex Luthor, It is a variable that can’t be excluded. I was seeing this movie hoping to see a bald headed guy well I didn’t, that kid Superman pulled out of the water during the bus accident was that supposed to be Lex ?. the most annoying part of this movie was the ending, after the intense fight when I said intense fight, I mean “Hulk-Iron Man Showdown” Superman just went ahead to twist his neck. Are you kidding ? that’s it General Zod, the writers lacks creativity here. And the Superman we all know will try to save everybody during a crisis but what we saw here was a superhero who is trying to fit into planet Earth.

YEYEPIKIN RATING: D

http://yeyepikin.com/index.php/2015/08/03/man-of-steel-movie-review/#more-119]

Visit http://yeyepikin.com for more movie updates,gists and reviews.
Re: Man Of Steel – Movie Review by INTROVERT(f): 9:10pm On Aug 03, 2015
il be back

1 Like

Re: Man Of Steel – Movie Review by Efostick(m): 9:48pm On Aug 03, 2015
The Poster Above Tho' angry angry angry

Cc. lalasticlala ,ishilove
Re: Man Of Steel – Movie Review by grenadevandy(m): 9:36am On Aug 04, 2015
Lmao INTROVERT
Re: Man Of Steel – Movie Review by kraftykc(m): 9:52am On Aug 04, 2015
Duuuuuuude... Heal thy butt.

No character development you say?? Niggah that movie was ALL character, the fights were few and far between considering it's a superhero movie. Clark saw his Popsi die, struggled with acceptance, got heartbroken, suffered from depression and then grew up. He had a tumultuous life and that was shown.

On the side of the Devils Zodiac and his lieutenant were desperate to rebuild their world, convinced that wiping the earth out was the only way to do so.

Also please tell me what it takes to get a woman to kiss you because as far as I know, guys who aren't half as hot as Supes get girls hotter than Lois for less. It was actually illogical for her to drop her pants the minute she saw him sef.

That said, the movie IS flat but not for any reason you mentioned in my view, and I have only come to realize that all that was a setup for the perfection that will be Batman vs Superman (Dawn of Justice)

1 Like

Re: Man Of Steel – Movie Review by grenadevandy(m): 9:54am On Aug 04, 2015
Efostick don't knock the movie because they bring it from the angle you wanted. They did their best to develope the character and make it as close to real life as possible even down to the Alien invasion like first encounter by Zod and his peeps they wanted to show other not too relevant characters that we know helped to make Superman who he is like Lana and just so you know the boy he pulled out from the water was Pete. His father knew people would be prying into him if he just started saving people and how hard or long do you think it would take before they found out his alien once they find that out he becomes a threat they won't care to know if he's saved lives cause still he's not one of them he doesn't even willingly show himself he only does that cause Zod threatens the eat giving him no choice. Its his origin story he's still learning what it means to be a hero so about that part of snaping Zod's neck he isn't experienced and sees no other way either Zod or the family so he picks and for the Louis crush DUH!!! He's like a god you know how many women wants a piece of that but look at he's own angle for falling for her first she keeps his secret meaning she's not scared of him and understands him what he's being looking for feeling alone in the planet then she helps him in Zod's ship to break free so he knows for a human she's smart and resourceful not someone that's just gonna keep waiting for him to come save the day she'll rather do the best she can before he comes. It took watching the movie again for me to see some things I didn't the first time and as for Lex we all know he's coming this sequel of man of steel forget the Batman vs Superman title they just wove the Bats into his story so minus the fact that the story may have been long and not all too interesting it was matured and as real as they could get. Enjoyed the little rhymes in your post though I know it wasn't intended
Re: Man Of Steel – Movie Review by grenadevandy(m): 9:59am On Aug 04, 2015
kraftykc:
Duuuuuuude... Heal thy butt.

No character development you say?? Niggah that movie was ALL character, the fights were few and far between considering it's a superhero movie. Clark saw his Popsi die, struggled with acceptance, got heartbroken, suffered from depression and then grew up. He had a tumultuous life and that was shown.

On the side of the Devils Zodiac and his lieutenant were desperate to rebuild their world, convinced that wiping the earth out was the only way to do so.

Also please tell me what it takes to get a woman to kiss you because as far as I know, guys who aren't half as hot as Supes get girls hotter than Lois for less. It was actually illogical for her to drop her pants the minute she saw him sef.

That said, the movie IS flat but not for any reason you mentioned in my view, and I have only come to realize that all that was a setup for the perfection that will be Batman vs Superman (Dawn of Justice)
Brother I cut cap yo just spat wisdom

1 Like

Re: Man Of Steel – Movie Review by Efostick(m): 4:21pm On Aug 04, 2015
grenadevandy:
Efostick don't knock the movie because they bring it from the angle you wanted. They did their best to develope the character and make it as close to real life as possible even down to the Alien invasion like first encounter by Zod and his peeps they wanted to show other not too relevant characters that we know helped to make Superman who he is like Lana and just so you know the boy he pulled out from the water was Pete. His father knew people would be prying into him if he just started saving people and how hard or long do you think it would take before they found out his alien once they find that out he becomes a threat they won't care to know if he's saved lives cause still he's not one of them he doesn't even willingly show himself he only does that cause Zod threatens the eat giving him no choice. Its his origin story he's still learning what it means to be a hero so about that part of snaping Zod's neck he isn't experienced and sees no other way either Zod or the family so he picks and for the Louis crush DUH!!! He's like a god you know how many women wants a piece of that but look at he's own angle for falling for her first she keeps his secret meaning she's not scared of him and understands him what he's being looking for feeling alone in the planet then she helps him in Zod's ship to break free so he knows for a human she's smart and resourceful not someone that's just gonna keep waiting for him to come save the day she'll rather do the best she can before he comes. It took watching the movie again for me to see some things I didn't the first time and as for Lex we all know he's coming this sequel of man of steel forget the Batman vs Superman title they just wove the Bats into his story so minus the fact that the story may have been long and not all too interesting it was matured and as real as they could get. Enjoyed the little rhymes in your post though I know it wasn't intended
grenadevandy:
grenadevandy:

Words bro .
grenadevandy:
v.
grenadevandy:
grenadevandy:
grenadevandy:

Words bro..I love your review too
Re: Man Of Steel – Movie Review by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:17pm On Aug 04, 2015
Efostick, General Zod's female commander was not Amy Adams. Amy played the character of Lois.
I also wondered about how Zod and his team of faithfuls survived the Phantom Zone and my only explanation is that Krypton (the planet) was destroyed. The zone is technically not within the planet or its Stratosphere or whatever. So maybe....
I agree completely about the shallowness of depth of the relationship that culminated in the kiss between Lois and Kal El. That kiss was unnecessary and it would have been better if they just gazed into each other's eyes and maybe, he tenderly touched her face or something. We would all still get the message.
General Zod naturally became as strong as Superman within the earth's atmosphere so punching, throwing and bullets would have been unable to kill him off just like that. You could tell that Kal El really did have empathy for the human race deep inside and they built a character that was non-confrontational. He didn't want to kill Zod. Breaking his neck was the last resort especially as not making a timely decision would have resulted in the deaths of those humans by Zod's optical rays.
All in all, I would give it a 6/10. I have seen worse!

2 Likes

Re: Man Of Steel – Movie Review by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 04, 2015
the movie was just average. Mostly thanks to David S. Goyer's awful script.
But it's still better than that piece of garbage that is Thor 2 though undecided
Re: Man Of Steel – Movie Review by grenadevandy(m): 7:05pm On Aug 04, 2015
shockwave91:

But it's still better than that piece of garbage that is Thor 2 though undecided
Lol dude you beefing Thor 2?
Re: Man Of Steel – Movie Review by Efostick(m): 8:14am On Aug 05, 2015
shockwave91:

Bruh you sound pained grin

Jejely anticipating B v S: Dawn of Justice . . .I pray it doesn't flop
Re: Man Of Steel – Movie Review by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 05, 2015
grenadevandy:
Lol dude you beefing Thor 2?
i think it's common knowledge aroung planet earth that Thor 2 is "HOT GARBAGE"
Re: Man Of Steel – Movie Review by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 05, 2015
Efostick:

Bruh you sound pained grin
Jejely anticipating B v S: Dawn of Justice . . .I pray it doesn't flop
pained that Thor 2 is sh*t?? Nah
yeah tho, can't wait for BvS also. Movie better be good or else..........
Re: Man Of Steel – Movie Review by grenadevandy(m): 1:06am On Aug 06, 2015
shockwave91:

i think it's common knowledge aroung planet earth that Thor 2 is "HOT GARBAGE"
Lwkm
Re: Man Of Steel – Movie Review by wx9Z: 6:15am On Aug 06, 2015
Thor 2 is a disappointment . After watching the trailer of B v S : Dawn of justice and Screenrant review, i just hope the producers will be able to wow me. I wish Christian Bale is still batman

www.yeyepikin.com
Re: Man Of Steel – Movie Review by grenadevandy(m): 11:53am On Aug 06, 2015
wx9Z:
Thor 2 is a disappointment . After watching the trailer of B v S : Dawn of justice and Screenrant review, i just hope the producers will be able to wow me. I wish Christian Bale is still batman

www.yeyepikin.com
Lol c'mon Ben is a legend so what if he has a sad facial expression instead of the angry Batman look and so doesn't have the husky thick voice that Christian bale nailed but what he does have is the BATCHIN

(1) (Reply)

Who Sang The Song Used In Marriage Course / Come In, Let's Discuss 'Black Panther' Here! / Dstv Xmas Promo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.