Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,400 members, 7,826,556 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

The Woe Of A Nigeria Marine Cadet - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Woe Of A Nigeria Marine Cadet (1391 Views)

My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji / What Happens If I Decide To Leave The Cadet Training Officially? / This Roadside Barber Dreams Of Becoming A Marine Technology Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Woe Of A Nigeria Marine Cadet by Gpdwise(m): 12:05pm On Aug 04, 2015
Nigeria is a country with large coast line and my country Nigeria can boast of two regimented maritime academy and numerous number of university that study Marine Engineering as a course yet the Maritime Administration Agency of my country decided to send more than 3000 cadet to foreign university while the cadets produce in this country are struggling to have sea time for cadet-ship placement after spending thousands of Naira to get other certification needed to qualify them for suitable positions.. Quacks from different field of expertise now flood the industry and NIMASA has turned a blind to the plight of Cadet who has no uncle as Directors or manning agent in shipping companies.

sometimes i wonder what is the hope of this few cadets that i have found myself to be among, those who walk the street of lagos Nigeria from one shipping company to another without any hope of a call back after leaving there curriculum vitae with the receptionist of this company or most times the G.M (gate man)

i just hope for a free and fair selection process and not one where companies recruit only those know to them.. i just want a chance to start my career and with the way things are going right now am not sure if it will ever happen.

(1) (Reply)

Want To Improve Your Career? 4 New Year Resolutions You Should Consider / Learn Programming, Graphics &, 3d Animation Free!!: Nairaland Group Project / Sos:brief Needed For A Shopping Mall,architects Do Your Thing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.