Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,518 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) (48755 Views)

See The Snake Our Security Guards Killed At Night / Yabatech Graduate Who Sleeps On Roads In Lagos (Photos) / "I Need A Wife": A Keke Man's Advert In Asaba, Delta State (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 04, 2015
corperscorner:
[size=15pt]He is daring armed robbers to rob him abi?[/size]

I'm sure they'll give him a pass.
Re: A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) by hollypagan: 4:27pm On Aug 04, 2015
na buhari cause am
Re: A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) by ModiKen(m): 4:40pm On Aug 04, 2015
ignis:
In all things, we should give thanks to God. I guess that keke is all he's got.

Though many people who sleep comfortable in their houses/shops will keep complaining.

Lesson: No matter what we got, we are better than many people

Well said.

I always tell people, "If you think you've got big problems, just ask the person next to you if he/she has got problems too, when they are through explaining, you would jump up and give thanks to God for your life"

1 Like

Re: A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) by suruwilliams(m): 4:41pm On Aug 04, 2015
Am touched cry
Re: A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) by sonnie10: 4:44pm On Aug 04, 2015
YerYer:

There are poor people everywhere. Homelessness is not a choice. Have you ever wondered why those homeless people in America choose to sleep on the street when there are homeless shelters allocated for them? Many choose to sleep on the streets because of the high level of crime and rape at the homeless shelters, some others prefer sleeping on the streets because they are mentally disturbed. Homeless is also a mental disease for some, no matter how much money you give them or housing units you build, they would rather sleep on the streets.
Sure this keke driver doesn't have to sleep in his keke, but how do we know he's not only sleeping there because he wants to start work on time? Many bus drivers sleep in the motor park to get a headstart to their day not because they don't have a house of their own.

Remember there are right and wrong choices. Many cases of homelessness in the US are as a result of people making wrong choices due to their prevailing circumstances. Although crime like stealing maybe one of the reasons people would rather sleep on the street in the US, but the main issue is that of restrictions in the living shelters. Unlike the streets, those in the living shelters are not allowed to do certain things like smoking, drinking of alcohols, sex and drugs. Being that majority of them are into these things, in fact they are addicted to these behaviors, so they prefer the streets where there are free to engage in such. My points is this, the people in governance in Nigeria have full knowledge of what others are doing to help the very poor e.g, the living shelters. But, they would never do it. If such facilities are made available, someone like this keke driver would certainly make use of it. Leaders who do not have respect for human dignity, the dignity of their citizens are not worthy to be at the helm of affairs.
Re: A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) by oyeezah(f): 4:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
may d Lord bless his hustle
Re: A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) by YerYer: 4:53pm On Aug 04, 2015
sonnie10:

Remember there are right and wrong choices. Many cases of homelessness in the US are as a result of people making wrong choices due to their prevailing circumstances. Although crime like stealing maybe one of the reasons people would rather sleep on the street in the US, but the main issue is that of restrictions in the living shelters. Unlike the streets, those in the living shelters are not allowed to do certain things like smoking, drinking of alcohols, sex and drugs. Being that majority of them are into these things, in fact they are addicted to these behaviors, so they prefer the streets where there are free to engage in such. My points is this, the people in governance in Nigeria have full knowledge of what others are doing to help the very poor e.g, the living shelters. But, they would never do it. If such facilities are made available, someone like this keke driver would certainly make use of it. Leaders who do not have respect for human dignity, the dignity of their citizens are not worthy to be at the helm of affairs.

You make a good point but you aren't acknowledging that suggestion that this keke driver is most likely sleeping in his keke to get an early start to his work day and not because he's jobless, to me that's resilience. I don't see any belongings of his near that keke to suggest that he's homeless. In regards to your point about the nigerian government not making these amenities available to homeless people, I don't think the government can fix or correct every societal problems. Believe me, anyone can come up with complaints and needs that govt needs to tackle, but it can't correct everything. Things have to be prioritized. Its unfortunate that some people have so little and have to live on the street, but what is the government supposed to do, build homeless shelters everywhere? You do realize that there are so many people in poverty in Nigeria, so this is somewhat unrealistic.
Re: A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) by TheFreeOne: 5:22pm On Aug 04, 2015
May your hustle be blessed. Its not the end of the world but the beginning of a wonderful testimony in your life.

#God_ will surely _Win.
Re: A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) by skedy1(m): 5:24pm On Aug 04, 2015
Hmmm, God bless ur hustle man!!!
Re: A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) by sonnie10: 5:26pm On Aug 04, 2015
YerYer:

You make a good point but you aren't acknowledging that suggestion that this keke driver is most likely sleeping in his keke to get an early start to his work day and not because he's jobless, to be that resilience. I don't see any belongings of his near that keke to suggest that he's homeless. In regards to your point about the nigerian government not making these amenities available to homeless people, I don't think the government can fix or correct every societal problems. Believe me, anyone can come up with complaints and needs that govt needs to tackle, but it can't correct everything. Things have to be prioritized. Its unfortunate that some people have so little and have to live on the street, but what is the government supposed to do, build homeless shelters everywhere? You do realize that there are so so many people in poverty in Nigeria, so this is somewhat unrealistic.

That your last sentence is the gospel truth about Nigeria. Got me laughing, but not to despise anybody. Some bankers living at Ikorodu still make it to VI before 7am, so I can not make that early bird excuse for the keke driver. There is a saying in Efik (Calabar) that, only a poor man would claim that a galvanized roof house is usually hot and because of that, he prefers his raffia thatch roof house. This is a clear case of limited resources. How do I know? I know because like most young people who move to Lagos, all their possessions are usually contained in one small traveling bag, Ghana must go or polythene bag. So don't expect to see any property in the Keke except for the bag tucked under one of the seats which has his cloths, tooth brush and life-savings. Hustling is real!

1 Like

Re: A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) by blakky97(m): 5:27pm On Aug 04, 2015
esosa4real:

Bros no vex ooo buh how this ur sick lover story take relate to this post about Keke Man??
I don vex guy cos e no concern you. na chick I dey follow play. no quote again oh. I beg you. I want only chicks to quote me.
Re: A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) by wtfCode: 5:33pm On Aug 04, 2015
chai. I'm really touched.
Re: A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) by kraftykc(m): 5:43pm On Aug 04, 2015
hamzia:
niaja and their funny ways

What's so funny?
Re: A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) by nkemjacob2(m): 5:58pm On Aug 04, 2015
its well brother.
Re: A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) by Anolue53: 6:05pm On Aug 04, 2015
Life is full of struggle no easy way
Re: A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) by khalhokage(m): 6:11pm On Aug 04, 2015
ignis:

Though many people who sleep comfortable in their houses/shops will keep complaining.

I would rather be a criminal in a foreign land than live worse than a refugee in my own father land.
Re: A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) by Poch: 6:22pm On Aug 04, 2015
corperscorner:
[size=15pt]He is daring armed robbers to rob him abi?[/size]

Any armed robber that dares rob a person in this condition shall die a miserable death and never know peace for the rest of his/her/their life(ves)
cry embarassed

1 Like

Re: A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) by amiluv4u(f): 6:38pm On Aug 04, 2015
Instead of stealing,thats so heart touching,God will surprise u soon,i love u

1 Like

Re: A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) by kingthreat(m): 7:09pm On Aug 04, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

You mean the ones that hacked down a British soldier in England?

Those are British citizens who haven't stepped a foot in Nigeria before. A product of radicalism in the British system
Re: A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) by kingthreat(m): 7:10pm On Aug 04, 2015
UncleJudax:

I could swear that you have 'dabbled' into at least one the listed crimes. I don't know what that makes you. A hypocrite? wink

Can you swear with your balls please. Thanks
Re: A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) by donem: 7:21pm On Aug 04, 2015
mbhs139:

Imagine I'm an armed robber, as you put it, I would rather give my 10% tight to this man, protect his property with all my strength, and always check on his welfare. Afterall, he's better than me in the sight of God and Man- he's eating from his sweat!
Man I feel you, exactly the thought that came to my mind, when I read the comment u quoted.

1 Like

Re: A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) by Raskasal(m): 7:37pm On Aug 04, 2015
ignis:

Al-Hamdulilahi Robbil ha'alamin
Re: A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) by UncleJudax(m): 7:39pm On Aug 04, 2015
kingthreat:

Can you swear with your balls please. Thanks
Why my balls, you have lost yours? undecided
Re: A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) by kingthreat(m): 8:44pm On Aug 04, 2015
UncleJudax:

Why my balls, you have lost yours? undecided

It's you who wants to swear on someone you dont know.
Re: A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) by UncleJudax(m): 8:54pm On Aug 04, 2015
kingthreat:

It's you who wants to swear on someone you dont know.
undecided
Re: A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) by jerrymej(m): 10:57pm On Aug 04, 2015
May God crown his effort to make it in Live.

1 Like

Re: A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) by inze(m): 11:57pm On Aug 04, 2015
ignis:

In Paraphrasing, I'll say:

No matter what we got, we've got to be thankful. For every thing we disregard, someone somewhere is praying to have such.
Re: A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) by sonnie10: 1:14am On Aug 05, 2015
inze:

In Paraphrasing, I'll say:

No matter what we got, we've got to be thankful. For every thing we disregard, someone somewhere is praying to have such.

Agreed, we have to be thankful. However, the danger is in being able to define that thin line between appreciating what we have and being complacent. There is always room for improvement, with hard work, dedication and favor from God, the keke might just be a stepping stone to greater things ahead.
Re: A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) by Rhea(f): 2:07am On Aug 05, 2015
where the guy dey sh.it? Lagoon?
Re: A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) by Pain(m): 3:20am On Aug 05, 2015
ibkgab001:
NIGERIA we aid thee

Your elementary school teachers should be flogged for doing you this kind of evil. See how you turned out.

GIGO. Garbage in Garbage Out.
Re: A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) by ibkgab001: 7:12am On Aug 05, 2015
Hummmm you really expantiate the true meanin of you ID # Pain
Re: A Keke Operator Sleeps Inside His Keke At Night (Photo) by jaldesa(m): 7:15am On Aug 05, 2015
emekaxy:
Caption this photo of tricycle operator who wraps his keke with mosquito net and sleeps inside.

Its only in Nigeria that people report such things as news!!! Come on let us upgrade uuuuu!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Workers Decorated Their Workplace With Creative Christmas Trees / Goko Herbal Cleanser, A Cure For Diseases / See How Nigerians Find Solutions To Power Problems (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.