Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,080 members, 7,821,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Dollar Rate: Banks Are Charging Higher - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dollar Rate: Banks Are Charging Higher (601 Views)

CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ / Seven Banks Are Undercapitalised - Arqaam Capital Report / How Nigerian Banks Are Making Nigerians POOR. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dollar Rate: Banks Are Charging Higher by StPete: 1:35pm On Aug 04, 2015
It is quite worrisome and alarming that even though the official CBN rate for naira to dollar conversion is N197 to $1, most banks are charging far exorbitant rates than the prescribed rate even higher than the black markets.

I made a transaction on my GTBank account online and as at last week, they charged roughly N218 to $1. Today, I decided to try FCMB after getting dollar at the parallel market for N220. I was shocked to find out that I was charged almost N227 to $1. Haba, this is daylight robbery. Isn’t their any forms of checking the excesses of these banks. I mean, they have refused to accept dollars into domicilliary accounts, now they are charging far higher than the prescribed rate. I call on the CBN and EFCC to check the excesses of these banks.

cc: Lalasticlala, FOD, naijacutee
Re: Dollar Rate: Banks Are Charging Higher by idolda: 1:47pm On Aug 04, 2015
OK we don hear you we go look into the matter.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Rate: Banks Are Charging Higher by peadel20(m): 5:47am On Jan 05, 2016
You are correct about this issue. I ordered for something that should not be more than 60,000 naira but I ended up paying over 80,000. Critical anyway.

(1) (Reply)

Are U An Entrepreneur, SME Owner Or Thinkin Of Startin A Business? Get In Here / Resellers Needed For Our Power Solution Products. Make A Lot Of Money From This / Small Business Accountant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.