Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo (5587 Views)

Saraki's PA Made 50 Deposits Into His Account In One Day - EFCC Detective / Reps Summon Emefiele Over Dollar Deposits / Naira Rebounds In Parallel Market As Banks Reject Dollar Deposits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo by realborn(m): 4:21pm On Aug 04, 2015
Barcanista,

Point 1 of your thread (https://www.nairaland.com/2501718/naira-appreciation-why-nigerians-should) refers.

As at 27th July 2015, I made a dollar deposit and it was received. I will suggest you cite the terms of reference, perhaps a CBN relese on the subject directives for clarity purposes.

11 Likes

Re: Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 04, 2015
Food is ready for Barcanista's haters. coooommmmmeee aaannnddd eeaatt...ooooo grin

3 Likes

Re: Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo by Truckpusher(m): 4:23pm On Aug 04, 2015
That awkward moment when you make an iidiotic thread and you're the only one commenting so far. grin

27 Likes

Re: Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo by saintTim(m): 4:24pm On Aug 04, 2015
Can't find the date

6 Likes

Re: Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo by ONIjibit1(m): 4:25pm On Aug 04, 2015
I don hear
Re: Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo by eph12(m): 4:28pm On Aug 04, 2015
But the two banks I tried today refused. First bank and UBA. I wanted to send western union and they said they don't accept dollar any more.

11 Likes

Re: Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo by Kuraino: 4:32pm On Aug 04, 2015
OP everybody on nairaland know barcanista did not take his brain along when porting to the jegudujera party called P.D.Pig bar his attack dogs/ally so don't burst his bubble let him continue to fool his dogs likewise the fool who believe any trash he typed on this forum

16 Likes

Re: Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo by realborn(m): 4:40pm On Aug 04, 2015
saintTim:
Can't find the date

Zoom into the stamp, you will see 27 Jul 2015

3 Likes

Re: Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo by realborn(m): 4:43pm On Aug 04, 2015
eph12:
But the two banks I tried today refused. First bank and UBA. I wanted to send western union and they said they don't accept dollar any more.

Don't know about western union transfers. Payments into domiciliary accounts are still allowed as proven by the teller snapshot.
Re: Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo by Chiaka(f): 4:46pm On Aug 04, 2015
My question is what date was this policy made. Please every stop commenting this guy is lieing

3 Likes

Re: Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo by jlinkd78(m): 4:49pm On Aug 04, 2015
realborn:

Zoom into the stamp, you will see 27 Jul 2015
dont spread news without confirming. put down this thread or Barcanista will chop u raw once he sees it and comes up with his incontrovertible facts. I think d policy took off around Thursday 30th July 2015, even saw it on channels tv newsbar. One thing u must knw about Barca is dt he doesnt publish what he is not sure of.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo by realborn(m): 4:55pm On Aug 04, 2015
jlinkd78:
dont spread news without confirming. put down this thread or Barcanista will chop u raw once he sees it and comes up with his incontrovertible facts. I think d policy took off around Thursday 30th July 2015, even saw it on channels tv newsbar. One thing u must knw about Barca is dt he doesnt publish what he is not sure of.

You make me laugh. Barcanists chop me raw? You must be the world most renowned clown of the century. You guys come to NL to seek relevance on your supposed anonymous ego. I laugh in spanish.

If he has official proof or press release from the statutory agencies or stakeholders, he should include same in his post with date of release and not make speculations.

The closest article on this subject to Barcanista's assertion is contained in this link:
http://www.punchng.com/business/money/naira-to-rise-further-as-banks-reject-dollars/, however only two banks were quoted and dates of their purpoted emails to customers were not cited.

Until CBN releases a formal press statement, it will be inappropriate to spread such news.

5 Likes

Re: Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo by realborn(m): 4:56pm On Aug 04, 2015
Chiaka:
My question is what date was this policy made. Please every stop commenting this guy is lieing

Who is lying?
Re: Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo by Trailblazer1(m): 5:08pm On Aug 04, 2015
undecided
Re: Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo by Beremx(f): 5:09pm On Aug 04, 2015
I am not sure the protection seeker has ever made dollar deposits in his entire life so he knows nothing about what happens in reality. Na copy and paste be im own.

Mtscheeew!

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 04, 2015
We are talking of recent happenings and someone is bringing deposit of July 27. Even the CBN Gov confirmed it...

@OP get current!

11 Likes

Re: Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo by realborn(m): 5:24pm On Aug 04, 2015
barcanista:
We are talking of recent happenings and someone is bringing deposit of July 27. Even the CBN Gov confirmed it...

@OP get current!

Friendship, provide the press release from CBN. Avail us the date of this release, day of effect and how long. This is the appropriate way to effectively communicate. Otherwise you will be heating up the polity. I am sure you know better.

1 Like

Re: Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo by fyneguy: 5:25pm On Aug 04, 2015
Yes banks are rejecting deposits which enhanced Naira value but Chadians and Nigeriens have stormed Nigeria, trying to buy Dollars. Dollar is now N222 because of this artificial demand
Re: Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo by Bizibi(m): 5:28pm On Aug 04, 2015
@barcanista,barcanista!!!!make seun verify you for nairaland......
Re: Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo by jlinkd78(m): 5:28pm On Aug 04, 2015
realborn:

Friendship, provide the press release from CBN. Avail us the date of this release, day of effect and how long. This is the appropriate way to effectively communicate. Otherwise you will be heating up the polity. I am sure you know better.
I warned abt Barca but u refused now he has seen this thread. Lets knw who laughs last.

1 Like

Re: Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 04, 2015
am jus trying hard 2 understand d OP point....are u also going 2 blame PMB 4 dis?

1 Like

Re: Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo by realborn(m): 5:34pm On Aug 04, 2015
jlinkd78:
I warned abt Barca but u refused now he has seen this thread. Lets knw who laughs last.

Jinxed kid. Even if you clean his shoes, you shouldn't be this stupidly dumb lipsrsealed

It is not about who laughs last but about ensuring we contribute to information dissemination aptly. Nairaland is a foremost platform which a host of Nigerians visit daily to keep abreast of news, opinions and events.

4 Likes

Re: Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo by realborn(m): 5:36pm On Aug 04, 2015
Rashe:
am jus trying hard 2 understand d OP point....are u also going 2 blame PMB 4 dis?

Lol.

Not at all. Just lending my voice with evidence in deference to a previous post that Banks no longer collect dollar deposits.
Re: Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 5:38pm On Aug 04, 2015
realborn:

CBN Director in charge of monetary policy confirmed that CBN no longer mop up excess dollar from commercial banks hence their vaults are full prompting the commercial bank to reject dollar deposits in domiciliary accounts - Today's NTA Breakfast Show
Re: Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo by jlinkd78(m): 5:48pm On Aug 04, 2015
realborn:

Jinxed kid. Even if you clean his shoes, you shouldn't be this stupidly dumb lipsrsealed

It is not about who laughs last but about ensuring we contribute to information dissemination aptly. Nairaland is a foremost platform which a host of Nigerians visit daily to keep abreast of news, opinions and events.
U can not be an Op and still sound insulting to those dat read n share contrary opinion. Even saw a caption on today's Thisday 4th Aug thus "Mixed Reaction Trails Banks' Rejection Of Dollar Deposits". What we all need is proper explanation and not to start calling an adult like me a kid. Even kids can also come here to learn and one wont expect u to be a paedophobia. How can I be a kid, dumb and stupid? Wishing u d exact opposite too in d spirit of d Lord.

8 Likes

Re: Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo by Alxmyr(m): 5:52pm On Aug 04, 2015
The op is jester.
A policy started on Thursday 30th.
Many were turned down from their bank.
Then one man living inside one cave somewhere in God's know island who is looking for cheap popularity is peddling lie.
Is Barcanista the only one that talked about banks rejecting dollars?

Some of these guys are really amazing how they support everything and anything.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo by realborn(m): 5:53pm On Aug 04, 2015
jlinkd78:
U can not be an Op and still sound insulting to those dat read n share contrary opinion. Even saw a caption on today's Thisday 4th Aug thus "Mixed Reaction Trails Banks' Rejection Of Dollar Deposits". What we all need is proper explanation and not to start calling an adult like me a kid. Even kids can also come here to learn and one wont expect u to be a paedophobia. I

You derailed at the outset with the puerile comments.

Oya pele smiley
Re: Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo by jlinkd78(m): 5:58pm On Aug 04, 2015
realborn:

You derailed at the outset with the puerile comments.

Oya pele smiley
I really v no issue with u. Never made puerile comments here either. I only felt Barca ll win u on this one n only advised u to pull down d thread. I still maitain my advise. U posted 27th July, I pointed out to u it startd around 30th July one wud v expectd u as an Op to confirm and update or simply put a call to any bank staff. I even told u its in Thisday today and d CBN gov guaranted an interview.

1 Like

Re: Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo by realborn(m): 6:02pm On Aug 04, 2015
Alxmyr:
The op is jester.
A policy started on Thursday 30th.
Many were turned down from their bank.
Then one man living inside one cave somewhere in God's know island who is looking for cheap popularity is peddling lie.
Is Barcanista the only one that talked about banks rejecting dollars?

Some of these guys are really amazing how they support everything and anything.

Learn to read and comprehend.

People talking about a supposed incident does not make it right. Where is the circular from CBN? The rumors have been rife prior to the 27/07 when I made that deposit.

A supposed policy of this magnitude barring customers from paying into their domiciliary accounts will have grave untoward effects. It can not suffice on hearsays. For Banks implementing such, it is at their discretion and not legal!
Re: Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 04, 2015
Beremx:
I am not sure the protection seeker has ever made dollar deposits in his entire life so he knows nothing about what happens in reality. Na copy and paste be im own.

Mtscheeew!
Look at u dis big fart full, oloriburuku, oni sho ri re, e ti kpa omo ati oko yin,
Better go and fix urself wif a man

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barcanista Banks Accept Dollar Deposits - Photo by ARIZONA123(m): 6:06pm On Aug 04, 2015
Proudly 5%. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING: Ministerial Screening: Rotimi Amaechi Delisted / Female Soldier Gives Man Serious Drilling For Calling Her Beautiful / Video Of Secret Estate Of Adams Oshiomhole Exposed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.