Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,937 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman (37212 Views)

Profile Of Olabiyi Durojaiye: NCC Chairman / Senate Confirms Danbatta As New NCC Boss / Professor Umaru Garba Danbatta Appointed Chief Executive Of NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman by ONIjibit1(m): 8:59pm On Aug 04, 2015
Obiagelli:
same here.
Make I message your mail
Re: Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman by CyberWolf: 9:12pm On Aug 04, 2015
kenchylala:

Tight hmmm
Last date on his CV was 2004 while this is 2015, that's 11yrs ago, we are going beyond the iseries processes in system, give me a qualified man and at the same time very abreast with the current Techs.
You gat a good point there ..Most of all this professors are annoyingly obsolete angry angry ...Who even knows if he can implement a simple cisco routing protocol ..Anyway his work will be more of administrative..
Re: Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman by CyberWolf: 9:14pm On Aug 04, 2015
abdulkayus:
But this same man has been Chairman of NCC some few years ago.
Anyway, congratulations to him and I am proud of his achievements. I am currently running my masters program in Communication engineering in Bayero university, kano and he is taking us Radio frequency and Microwave communication. We even had his lecture yesterday. This man is good and very funny and approachable.
Goodluck to him.
Do they expose you guys to practical session with current digital communication tools over there?
Re: Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman by naijafella(m): 9:22pm On Aug 04, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Buhari remains a bigot.

Any zombie with a contrary opinion?? undecided

Only bigots know who is a bigot.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman by supereagle(m): 9:25pm On Aug 04, 2015
He merits the appointment. You may have a contrary opinion.
Re: Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman by hinwazaka: 9:33pm On Aug 04, 2015
tola9ja:
I think baba change has finally arrived in my street since July 25 till now We only suffer lack of electricity for just 8hours I swear chai the this change is real
When little hiccups emerge in the distribution of power, please don't come on this platform and cast aspersions on the last administration. Since you have already thrown rationality to the wind and awarded the credit to them. Also do the same with blame if the distribution dips. Double standards will not be allowed
Re: Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman by gidjah(m): 9:39pm On Aug 04, 2015
No sir!i think what pple are tying to pass across is that they got up late, they are still backward despite all ds lil books at thier disposal,so they shouldnt be foced upon the southeners who sacificed all thier lives to get this book, seniors should always be seniors and first should always b first.in a case where a fesh connected mallam to an emir or president will be heading his seniors in the ministry just because him be hausa o fulani born to rule,shouldnt be at all.i was once a student under prof danbata ,even in the northern university where he taught us dynamics of static electicity, there were only two hausa boys out of our over 60 students!the rest na southern guys,but wen good post come na d one mallam dem go first consider because he was born to rule!.That is what we all are trying to condemn o.me grew up in d north all my life so i know what i am complaining about.
pharmow:
The mistake most southners make is that they think northerns don't go to school. Honestly speaking, few northerns that go to school do so very well. The region he comes from aside, does this man profile not qualify him for the position?

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman by abubkhr: 9:41pm On Aug 04, 2015
Whatever you do they would insult you. One thing I know for sure is, no body among them can insult you except through NL so carry on Baba bunch of cowards active on NL.
Re: Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman by crystaldmk20: 10:02pm On Aug 04, 2015
Get winning with 100% fixed games and have your win as easy as counting it. For more info contact me via inbox by clicking on the link below

https://m.facebook.com/martin.crystal.14?ref_component=mbasic_home_header&ref_page=%2Fwap%2Fhome.php&refid=7

Re: Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman by Lord001: 10:16pm On Aug 04, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Buhari remains a bigot.

Upgrade ur factory fitted stupidity.
Re: Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman by SeverusSnape(m): 10:20pm On Aug 04, 2015
Lord001:

Upgrade ur factory fitted stupidity.
Buhari remains a stark illiterate. It seems this statement annoys you zombies a lot. grin

I'm not stopping any time soon.

2 Likes

Re: Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman by bluestreak(m): 10:32pm On Aug 04, 2015
A proverb says...A boozer's first mission in a strange townnis to search for a fellow boozer....keep searching for a fellow zombie.
Severin usSnape:
Buhari remains a bigot.

Re: Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman by tefund(m): 10:49pm On Aug 04, 2015
good apointment GMB never mind the wailing waillers they can go hug transformer
Re: Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman by pharmow: 10:50pm On Aug 04, 2015
gidjah:
No sir!i think what pple are tying to pass across is that they got up late, they are still backward despite all ds lil books at thier disposal,so they shouldnt be foced upon the southeners who sacificed all thier lives to get this book, seniors should always be seniors and first should always b first.in a case where a fesh connected mallam to an emir or president will be heading his seniors in the ministry just because him be hausa o fulani born to rule,shouldnt be at all.i was once a student under prof danbata ,even in the northern university where he taught us dynamics of static electicity, there were only two hausa boys out of our over 60 students!the rest na southern guys,but wen good post come na d one mallam dem go first consider because he was born to rule!.That is what we all are trying to condemn o.me grew up in d north all my life so i know what i am complaining about.

I understand what you are saying and I appreciate your view point. But the problem with we southeners is that we hardly get others back. Imagine a Nigeria where southeners have one voice especially the major tribe of yoruba and igbo. I believe the northerners understand the game of politics pass the southeners

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman by adconline(m): 10:59pm On Aug 04, 2015
pharmow:
The mistake most southerners make is that they think northerners don't go to school. Honestly speaking, few northerners that go to school do so very well. The region he comes from aside, does this man profile not qualify him for the position?
Keep ignoring facts. 10m northern kids arent going to school.. Mistake northerners make is that they delude themselves into thinking that occupying top positions in govt means educating their population
Re: Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman by Lord001: 11:12pm On Aug 04, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Buhari remains a stark illiterate. It seems this statement annoys you zombies a lot. grin

I'm not stopping any time soon.

Who cares. You can educate him on Nairaland. #wailingwailer
Re: Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman by YaksonFCA(m): 11:26pm On Aug 04, 2015
What an impressive CV. Here is wishing Prof Danbatta all the best in his new assignment.
Re: Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman by jaymichael(m): 11:58pm On Aug 04, 2015
kenchylala:

Who did the installation n bought the equipment?? Abeg talk another thing...
OBASANJO DID. make your research.
Re: Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman by jaymichael(m): 11:59pm On Aug 04, 2015
kenchylala:

Who did the installation n bought the equipment?? Abeg talk another thing...
OBASANJO DID. make your research.
Re: Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman by abdulkayus(m): 7:11am On Aug 05, 2015
CyberWolf:
Do they expose you guys to practical session with current digital communication tools over there?

My guy, that is the problem with most Nigerian university. What we have been doing so far is theory, theory and theory. Don't know how second semester will look like bt I think it still going to be theory. Bt this Prof U G Dambatta is good both practically and theoretically cos he do tell us about his designs that he made. Mind u he schooled abroad right from his undergraduate to Phd level. So u can't compare him to a 9ja trained engineer. Bt how I wish we could have the much practical knowledge, cos that is the koko

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman by CyberWolf: 7:26am On Aug 05, 2015
abdulkayus:

My guy, that is the problem with most Nigerian university. What we have been doing so far is theory, theory and theory. Don't know how second semester will look like bt I think it still going to be theory. Bt this Prof U G Dambatta is good both practically and theoretically cos he do tell us about his designs that he made. Mind u he schooled abroad right from his undergraduate to Phd level. So u can't compare him to a 9ja trained engineer. Bt how I wish we could have the much practical knowledge, cos that is the koko
I trust the practical capabilities of some of this profs especially the ones that studied abroad but the problem we have here is lack of equipped labs...Why I asked was because I wanna know if I will 4get about plans of going abroad and come there but since you said it's all theories, that's a big problem. I wanna do my MSc in computer network & network design but I doubt if there any Nigerian university that has a good equipped lab to offer this program. Abroad is good but guy the cost is what scares me angry ...We still have a very long way to go in this country sad
Re: Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman by YoowPeeRochas(m): 7:37am On Aug 05, 2015
CR77:
government of the north, for the north, by the north.

This dullard called president buhari is tribalized.
Ur real father left nyash! Idiotic wailer!!!
Re: Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman by mceze(m): 7:43am On Aug 05, 2015
sweetgala:

It more than qualifies him, it is a perfect match, why Jonathan did not use these type of guys bewilders me , see what his coalition of cabals did to Prof Nnaji

True talk bro
Re: Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman by obioraval(m): 7:53am On Aug 05, 2015
fulanimafia:
Professor Umar Garba Danbatta, PhD

Born in Danbatta Local Government Council of Kano State, Prof. Danbatta obtained his BEng, MSc and PhD degrees from the Technical University of Wroclaw in Poland and the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology UK respectively. He had served as a lecturer in the Department of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Technology of Bayero University Kano for 28 years, where he taught courses in telecommunication engineering and electronics and held academic positions of Dean of the Faculty and Head of Department at different times.

His main administrative responsibilities, in the university, included Deputy and Acting Dean of Students’ Affairs, Administrator of the Works Department and later, Director of the Centre for Information Technology (CIT). He was also chairman to, or member of, over 60 University committees and task forces. In administrative and other responsibilities outside the university, he has served as chairman or member to over 20 committees, prominent among which was the Chairmanship of the Implementation Committee of Kano State University of Science & Technology and subsequently became its pioneer Deputy and Acting Vice-Chancellor when it took off in 2001.

Prof. Danbatta has supervised more than 60 PhD, MEng and BEng projects in the diverse areas of telecommunications and has also served as external examiner to seven universities and polytechnics and is an assessor, technical reviewer and editorial member to eight research journals. He is a recipient of 18 distinguished awards and certificates of honour. Prof. Danbatta, who had served two terms of five years as a Member of Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN), is also a COREN registered engineer and member of the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE).

He has to his credit more than 50 articles in journals, conference proceedings and technical reports. He is also the author of a six-chapter, 167-page book titled Elements of Static Engineering Electromagnetics. He was the Vice President of the Digital Bridge Institute (DBI), International Centre for Advanced Communications Studies, which was established in the year 2004 by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) to build capacity for the Nigerian/African telecom industry in the diverse areas of Information and Communication Technology (ICT). While at DBI he has developed expertise in the following major areas of ICT implementation, policy and regulation:

1. Regulation of the Telecommunications Sector of the Nigerian Economy;
2. Competition, Interconnection and Price Regulations in a Developing Economy;
3. Issues concerning Authorization of Telecommunications Services in a Developing Economy;
4. Strategies for ensuring Universal Access and Service to Telecommunications Services;
5. Strategies towards Effective Spectrum Management in a Developing Economy;
6. Issues on Institutional and Legal Framework for Effective Regulation of Telecommunications
Services; and
7. New and Emerging Technologies and Impact on Regulation of the Telecommunications Sector of a
Developing Economy.
Prof. Danbatta, who recently served as a member of the Implementation Committee of the Northwest University Kano, is presently the Acting Vice-Chancellor of Kano University of Science & Technology, Wudil.

Core Technocrat. Proudly an Electrical Engineer
Re: Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman by dualsurvey: 7:56am On Aug 05, 2015
pharmow:
The mistake most southerners make is that they think northerners don't go to school. Honestly speaking, few northerners that go to school do so very well. The region he comes from aside, does this man profile not qualify him for the position?
Sentiment apart, He's qualified, no doubt about that. About the educated northerners, we've got some of the best brains among them. I could remember one, a prof, who's trained in the UK as a Cardiac Surgeon. He's one of the very few and best surgeons in that field. We need technocrats for every sector, enough of forcing a squre peg into a round hole. Another thing, give them free hand to implement what they've got.
Re: Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman by lalateh: 7:56am On Aug 05, 2015
adesegun121:
Ok

the best man, appoint the better men
PMB... the hope of Nigerians

Re: Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman by luorquay: 7:59am On Aug 05, 2015
tiamiyukunle69:
This man sabi jare...based on his qualifications he merits that position. I know some people will not agree to it though..... But who cares

Abi ooo. I care less from where he comes from as long as the person is fully qualified.
Re: Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman by kodlins(f): 8:15am On Aug 05, 2015
I can say am highly impressed though I remain #teamPDP
Re: Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman by bakenda(m): 8:36am On Aug 05, 2015
Bekwarra:

Hmnnn
TECNOcrats everywhere. We need more of Iphonecrats, Blackberrycrats and Samsungcrats

What about Nokiacrats?
Re: Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman by tkarunwi: 9:24am On Aug 05, 2015
Danbatta deserved the appointment according to his CV. But we are waiting for his good actions and implementation. Wishing him best of luck...
Re: Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman by abdulkayus(m): 11:18am On Aug 05, 2015
CyberWolf:
I trust the practical capabilities of some of this profs especially the ones that studied abroad but the problem we have here is lack of equipped labs...Why I asked was because I wanna know if I will 4get about plans of going abroad and come there but since you said it's all theories, that's a big problem. I wanna do my MSc in computer network & network design but I doubt if there any Nigerian university that has a good equipped lab to offer this program. Abroad is good but guy the cost is what scares me angry ...We still have a very long way to go in this country sad

Guy, if you have the means, better u go to abroad evem if it is South Africa. Although the fees can be scaring sha. I too although intend to do mine abroad bt couldn't get the means, that is what delayed me in starting my Masters on time. All what we have here is theory and more theory, it is annoying sincerely speaking. But u can still get it by attending some organisation that give thorough practical experience bt it is expensive also and u can only get them in places like Lagos and Abuja.
May God see us through with this our Nigeria system of education.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Troops Kill 4 Gunmen In A Failed Attack On A Checkpoint In Anambra (Photos) / Update on Kano Blast: Do you know this child? / Appeal Court Sacks Senator Egyegbola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.