Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,784 members, 7,813,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Christians: What Are We Doing About Spiritual Gifts? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians: What Are We Doing About Spiritual Gifts? (477 Views)

For Christians: What Exactly Does Christianity Offer?? / Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems / Setting The Record Straight On "Speaking In Tongues" And Other Spiritual Gifts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians: What Are We Doing About Spiritual Gifts? by God2man(m): 5:44pm On Aug 04, 2015
We used to say that Spiritual gifts will not take anybody to Heaven. YES! What about Spiritual gifts? Are they useless? Are they for charisma? God will not give us something that is useless. God has a reason for giving us these Spiritual gifts. These Spiritual gifts like word of wisdom, word of knowledge have more power to expose us to the heavenly resources and they will make us to prepare very well for heaven.

I am very sad when I hear that the gifts of the spirit is not going to benefit anybody. What a lie! How can we Christians neglect these wonderful gifts? How are we ignorant about the truth of these spiritual gifts?

The popular slogan in the Christendom is Character is better than charisma. That is the fruit of the spirit I.e kindness, love, Goodness, longsuffering, are better than the gift of the spirit. YES! But the gifts of the spirit are not for fun. They are more powerful to take us to heaven, provided, they are well combined with the fruit of the spirit.

The irony of this discussion is that many Christians even lack the fruit of the spirit not to talk of aspiring to possess these spiritual gifts.
They don't have the fruit of the spirit, They don't have these spiritual gifts. What then do they have? Nothing! Empty Christians.

Whenever I hear Christians saying that the gifts of the spirit will not take us to heaven, I always wonder why? Are these spiritual gifts so useless?

Let's see what the Bible say: 1 Corinthian 12 :7 " But the manifestation of the spirit is given to every man to PROFIT withal."

What a word! PROFIT. Profit for what? To edify the church, to win more souls into the kingdom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians: What Are We Doing About Spiritual Gifts? by kossyablaze(m): 5:53pm On Aug 04, 2015
Cool

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christians: What Are We Doing About Spiritual Gifts? by God2man(m): 6:01pm On Aug 04, 2015
Let's take the gift of prophecy as an example. What does the Bible say about the gift of prophecy?

1 Corinthian 14: 3 " But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort."

What a wonderful gift for the church!
I believed that if the ministry of prophet is given is rightful place in the church, many Christians would have achieved more than their present state. Many would have gone far in their move with God. Many Christians will still be alive today. Many will still be burning for the Lord today. The Bible says in the multitude of counseling there is safety.

Many Christians have backlided today because there was nobody to tell them about their future, I mean through the word of knowledge, prophecy or word of wisdom. It is so sad that Christians are even neglecting these wonderful gift from God.

Paul the Apostle admonished us to COVET these gifts. Without these gifts the church will be full of crisis.

May be I will continue later.
God2man.

1 Like

Re: Christians: What Are We Doing About Spiritual Gifts? by God2man(m): 12:32pm On Aug 16, 2015
Christians are more serious about position, money, theological schools than earnestly coveting these gifts. It easy to start a church of your own and give it any name but possessing these spiritual gifts is more difficult than establishing a church.

Fruit of the spirit are vital but we should not be ignorant of these gifts.

The question is, can the modern day christian pay the price of possessing these gifts?

God2man.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / Salvation /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.