Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,747 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Please What CSS Code Do I Need To Use To Solve This Problem - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please What CSS Code Do I Need To Use To Solve This Problem (885 Views)

Help With Css Code / Use Artisteer To Design Your Own Website Or Blog Theme No Php Or Css Code. / Using Artisteer To Create Your Own Website Or Blog Theme No Php Or Css Code. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What CSS Code Do I Need To Use To Solve This Problem by cbrass(m): 9:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
i don't want the search bar pushing down the header, alll i want is for it to float out on the timeline anytime there is a search instead of destroying the header. have tried to do it but in vain. please help a newbie cry cry

this is my code

<form role="search" class="navbar-left app-search pull-left hidden-xs">
<input type="text" placeholder="Explore PageOmni Search" id="search_page" class="form-control form-control-circle" />
<div style="background:#fff;padding-left:5px; width:300px;" id="display_pagers"></div>

</form>

Re: Please What CSS Code Do I Need To Use To Solve This Problem by onyengbu: 10:06pm On Aug 04, 2015
The div where the form is placed should be made position: relative and the container that holds the search search results should be position absolute.

This answer might be vague until one sees the full HTML of the section on the page.

Nice work you got there.
Re: Please What CSS Code Do I Need To Use To Solve This Problem by cbrass(m): 11:02pm On Aug 04, 2015
onyengbu:
The div where the form is placed should be made position: relative and the container that holds the search search results should be position absolute.

This answer might be vague until one sees the full HTML of the section on the page.

Nice work you got there.

You have always come to my rescue. grin thanks alot. I can't post some codes now because am on mobile but that div that have some inline css is the one displaying the search results. Am using ajax to do this I will try your method when I get home
Re: Please What CSS Code Do I Need To Use To Solve This Problem by cbrass(m): 11:59am On Aug 05, 2015
Have done it. I added z-index: 100 to the solution you gave me. And it worked fine. Thanks bro
Re: Please What CSS Code Do I Need To Use To Solve This Problem by onyengbu: 1:18pm On Aug 05, 2015
cbrass:
Have done it. I added z-index: 100 to the solution you gave me. And it worked fine. Thanks bro
Good.
Re: Please What CSS Code Do I Need To Use To Solve This Problem by dwebdesign(m): 4:02am On Aug 06, 2015
To make life easy for you next time, simply use the "input-group" bootstrap addon.

And use the class of "navbar-form navbar-right"

This will place the form in your header with no issue.
Re: Please What CSS Code Do I Need To Use To Solve This Problem by cbrass(m): 7:15pm On Aug 06, 2015
dwebdesign:
To make life easy for you next time, simply use the "input-group" bootstrap addon.

And use the class of "navbar-form navbar-right"

This will place the form in your header with no issue.

Thanks bro

(1) (Reply)

My Bulk Sms Application / How To Get Free Genuie Traffic To Your Website, Up To 100k Daily Hits / Top 10 Bloggers In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.