Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,769 members, 7,862,522 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:39 PM

Nigerian Churches Are Now The Places For Wealth And Fashion Display? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Churches Are Now The Places For Wealth And Fashion Display? (729 Views)

Nigerian Churches, Others Causing Increased Witchcraft Persecution In UK – Group / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches / Nigerian Churches: Who Are They Building Universities For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Churches Are Now The Places For Wealth And Fashion Display? by landwin: 10:14pm On Mar 19, 2009
Churches in Nigeria are now places where men come to show off their wealth and women come to see the latest fashion instead of coming to worship God, Although not all individuals but most of them.I know a woman in my church who would never close her eyes when it is time to pray instead she will open her eyes wide to see people who are coming into the church then she would bend down to see the type of shoes and dresses they are putting on.
Re: Nigerian Churches Are Now The Places For Wealth And Fashion Display? by Sissy3(f): 7:50am On Mar 20, 2009
landwin:

Churches in Nigeria are now places where men come to show off their wealth and women come to see the latest fashion instead of coming to worship God, Although not all individuals but most of them.I know a woman in my church who would never close her eyes when it is time to pray instead she will open her eyes wide to see people who are coming into the church then she would bend down to see the type of shoes and dresses they are putting on.

and how would you know this, if you were closing your own eyes during prayers instead of shining them to see who is looking at who!

you are just as guilty as that woman. start being in deeper relationship with your God and close your own eyes instead of monitoring other people!

as long as they are not naked as in their fashion, i suggest you mind your won biz!

like the saying if you have it flaunt it!!
Re: Nigerian Churches Are Now The Places For Wealth And Fashion Display? by webpro(m): 7:51am On Mar 20, 2009
@ Religion please, Next thread
Re: Nigerian Churches Are Now The Places For Wealth And Fashion Display? by KunleOshob(m): 2:12pm On Mar 20, 2009
@Post
Clearly this habit of expensive and flamboyant dressing to church is unscriptural but our church leadership prefer to ignore this practise as they don't want to offend their wealthy members:

1 Timothy 2:9:
9 And I want women to be modest in their appearance. They should wear decent and appropriate clothing and not draw attention to themselves by the way they fix their hair or by wearing gold or pearls or expensive clothes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Peter 3:3-4:
3[b] Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. [/b] 4 You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.
Re: Nigerian Churches Are Now The Places For Wealth And Fashion Display? by Ify3: 3:55pm On Mar 20, 2009
@Kunle

Why are you against everything done in the churches and even all the ministers mode of worship and life styles?
If this is the way God takes things, HEAVEN is far from everybody, even you.

The clothe you append flamboyant might be rag to another, while some you look as rag might be the very best for another.

@Poster
You only go to the Church to see what people are doing - who closes eyes or not during prayers, who wears what and what, not minding the actual thing done in the church (worship God Almighty).
If I may ask, how did you read the woman's mind? You are a Gossipy!
Re: Nigerian Churches Are Now The Places For Wealth And Fashion Display? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 20, 2009
@ify
leave kunle alone,it appears u are used to prosperity preachings and dont like hearing the real hard preachings.We need more of the likes of kunle in this forum.Kunle carry go Idey ur side
Re: Nigerian Churches Are Now The Places For Wealth And Fashion Display? by KunleOshob(m): 4:02pm On Mar 20, 2009
@I-fy
I think you should direct your grouses to Apostle Paul and Peter who gave the instructions against flamboyant dressing. I did not write the scriptures.
Re: Nigerian Churches Are Now The Places For Wealth And Fashion Display? by JJYOU: 4:03pm On Mar 20, 2009
I-fy:

@Kunle

Why are you against everything done in the churches and even all the ministers mode of worship and life styles?
If this is the way God takes things, HEAVEN  is far from everybody, even you.

The clothe you append flamboyant might be rag to another, while some you look as rag might be the very best for another.

@Poster
You only go to the Church to see what people are doing - who closes eyes or not during prayers, who wears what and what, not minding the actual thing done in the church (worship God Almighty).
If I may ask, how did you read the woman's mind? You are a Gossipy!
wish you and  i dont see that.  the same kunle is not ashamed to be found in the midst of agbada wearing and bullet proof cars using pdp men and women.  you wonder what bible some people read.  didnt paul talk about false brethren?
chukwudi44:

@ify
leave kunle alone,it appears u are used to prosperity preachings and dont like hearing the real hard preachings.We need more of the likes of kunle in this forum.Kunle carry go Idey ur side
u  belong to the pdp and obasanjo group too?  why dont you guys tell us the church you people attend so we know how really different you guys are.

(1) (Reply)

What If Hell Is Cancelled. / Soyinka Wants Orisa Worshippers To Visit Yar’adua / *** A Most Powerful Message That Was Shared By Minister Jacqueline Richardson **

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.