Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again (30231 Views)

Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 / Naira Falls To N370 Per Dollar / Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 05, 2015
At the end who suffers, just the ordinary citizens. I believe at this stage, we should all put in a collective effort to ensure this nation is great again. We all cant support or oppose this administration but for those who criticize, you can do it constructively and recommend necessary solutions or ideas that can move us to greater heights rather than always hating for no sane reason.
FREEEMANAN:

My brother you can see the hate has eaten to deep we don't even care about the nation again... We are now concerned about the people who don't even know you exist. Issashame

2 Likes

Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by joseph1832(m): 7:58am On Aug 05, 2015
jay2pee:

but not falling to this extent....... I smell fraud and deceit

There is no fraud bro, the Naira will always drop against the dollar because it is weak.

If we want to solve this problem, we should ask why it got weaken in the first place, during the time of Sani Abacha, the Naira was 98 Naira to 1 dollar, we should trace the cause from the time to this present time.

I remember the Naira being devalued like 2-3 times from 2010 to 2015. What were the remote cause and who or what is responsible? Whoever is responsible should be fired, and what is responsible should be fixed.

This is the only way the Naira will heal after torrents of rape from the dollar!.
Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by shigo20(m): 7:59am On Aug 05, 2015
I believe It's still coming back to 150
Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by arsetalks(m): 8:01am On Aug 05, 2015
Some saying Barcanista must be a prophet, prophet of what? Prophet of doom? If you know use your brains you will know the sudden decline and appreciation are all artificial. It is created the mallams for their own gain.

Curiously Barcanista and co have refused to debate why the naira fell from 154 at the beginning of the last quarter of 2014 to 200+ the retardeen left it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 05, 2015
I rather be a wailing wailer than a master masturbator!

12 Likes

Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by exco90(m): 8:01am On Aug 05, 2015
Banisteeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrr... I carry yansh for u.
Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by Nicepoker(m): 8:01am On Aug 05, 2015
INTROVERT:
Barcanista must be a prophet. grin grin grin

I pray naira comes back to 160 170 sha coz my business is being affected.
u mean ur FTC business. Oga seun de pay u in dollars?

1 Like

Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by NCP: 8:01am On Aug 05, 2015
Wailers Let's Continue WAILING while Bro. Barka.Nexta prepares notes for the Gloom and Doom Wailing Session.

Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by Nnemuka(f): 8:03am On Aug 05, 2015
Am no buhari fan but this fall in naira is affecting my work. Really sad to watch how everything keeps crumbling. angry
Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 05, 2015
This only proves that the fall of the naira is artificial based on speculations, the naira will find its true value soon.

1 Like

Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by Mynd44: 8:04am On Aug 05, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

I hope mynd44 can now shut up

Barcanista 1 Mynd44 0
And how much is the official rate?
Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by MKO4ever(m): 8:04am On Aug 05, 2015
In Zimbabwe, one US dollar =35 quadrillions zimbabwean dollar
Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by free2ryhme: 8:05am On Aug 05, 2015
grin
Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 05, 2015
INTROVERT:
Barcanista must be a prophet. grin grin grin

I pray naira comes back to 160 170 sha coz my business is being affected.
ur business of booking FTC space on every nairaland thread? How exactly does this affect it?

2 Likes

Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by spanishkid(m): 8:06am On Aug 05, 2015
I'm loving every bit of what is happening. That is to say I can start transferring all the dollars I have in Canadian and American accounts back to Nigeria. I pray it remains like this.
Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by SeverusSnape(m): 8:07am On Aug 05, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Where are all those Apc masturbators,very shameless sets of people,u won't see them on these kinda threads,Ngeneukwenu,Beremx,Omenka,donphilous,Egift et al!

At this moment, they be like...

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by iykedare(m): 8:07am On Aug 05, 2015
And people still question barcanista s intelligence.

5 Likes

Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 05, 2015
Why is everyone shouting Barcanista?

I think he is a god to some peeps here.

We all know such policies are not sustainable.

Am amazed that some folks see this as an avenue to celebrate.

I still laud the CBN governor for coming up with that plan tho. The Naira could have been exchanging for 270 right now, if he didn't take such a drastic step. Desperate times require desperate measures.

We still need to find a way to rid our economy of the excess dollars.

It is the actions of speculators that keep destroying the worth of our currency. It isn't the activities of genuine businessmen. Some people are getting rich simply by amassing dollars at a cheap rate and hoping that the value of the naira would fall, so that they could make profit.

Thank God for BVN. We are now one step ahead of those involved in money laundering through forex

4 Likes

Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by yehmi01(m): 8:09am On Aug 05, 2015
ocelot2006:
'seems Barcanista was totally right.

I am not a business analyst or an expert in how the value of money increases or decreases.

To be honest I would like to know what this Barcanista dude said and in less than 24 hours it happened.

Now why don't we look at it this way. If people like this guy that every one is talking about (Barcanista) has a good info of how this work would I be right to appeal to him to also advise us on how it can also be better.

Really to destroy something can be easily done but to fix is not as easy.

Let's not start praising or causing any one about this.

For those calling him a prophet of dome I don't think its called for.

If you have the analysis he has you will know what he knows so please let's stop spiritualizing what is not.

Please advice what can we do to make sure naira gains value and remains that way.

Who knows weather a rep of CBN might just be on NL and can learn from this.

Not every thing should be a joke or a platform for throwing insults

After seeing greece and what debit can do to a nation, I belive that its the collective help and responsibility of every citizen of Nigeria to help fix this and get us out of this mess.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by AZeD1(m): 8:09am On Aug 05, 2015
arsetalks:
Some saying Barcanista must be a prophet, prophet of what? Prophet of doom? If you know use your brains you will know the sudden decline and appreciation are all artificial. It is created the mallams for their own gain..
Anyone with half a brain would know that this is artificial. More like BDC's hoarding because they have no idea of the future.

1 Like

Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by Mister2: 8:09am On Aug 05, 2015
Barcasnista is the best!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by dallyemmy: 8:11am On Aug 05, 2015
CBN NEEDS TO FIND OUT WHAT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SUDDEN CHANGE! ALSO, DAILY SUBMISSION OF CUSTOMERS' BVN HAS TO BE ENFORCED
Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by FREEEMANAN(m): 8:11am On Aug 05, 2015
OPEN YOUR EARS AND EYES OH CHILDREN OF HATE THAT YOU MAY READ AND HEAR THIS...
ilobasama:
At the end who suffers, just the ordinary citizens. I believe at this stage, we should all put in a collective effort to ensure this nation is great again. We all cant support or oppose this administration but for those who criticize, you can do it constructively and recommend necessary solutions or ideas that can move us to greater heights rather than always hating for no sane reason.
Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by Firefire(m): 8:12am On Aug 05, 2015
arsetalks:
Some saying Barcanista must be a prophet, prophet of what? Prophet of doom? If you know use your brains you will know the sudden decline and appreciation are all artificial. It is created the mallams for their own gain.

Curiously Barcanista and co have refused to debate why the naira fell from 154 at the beginning of the last quarter of 2014 to 200+ the retardeen left it.

You were asking how Naira fell from 154 at this time?

Are you not a Nigerian?

Are you not aware of the Naira devaluation last November ?

Are you not aware GEJ administration already stop subsidizing the Naira with our foreign reserves ?

Let me know which area you don't understand ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by iykedare(m): 8:12am On Aug 05, 2015
arsetalks:

Debate with who? You or one of your masters? You will be properly annihilated.

Don't go there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 05, 2015
arsetalks:

and a question was raised in reply:; why the naira fell from what it was decades ago to what it is now...the guy barcanista even proffered a long term solution to the problem after studying the economic successes of other nations...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by ifyan(m): 8:14am On Aug 05, 2015
Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by feldido(m): 8:14am On Aug 05, 2015
NCP:
Wailers Let's Continue WAILING while Bro. Barka.Nexta prepares notes for the Gloom and Doom Wailing Session.

Are you a Robot programmed to keep posting this?

1 Like

Re: In Dramatic Reversal , Naira Falls To N235/$1 Again by dougivilla(m): 8:19am On Aug 05, 2015
INTROVERT:
Barcanista must be a prophet. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I pray tomorrow we will wake up and it's 170 again
That is what the ''try your luck'' aka ''Baba Ijebu'' or ''Lotto'' Economics of PMB is bequeathing to Nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Forbes: Dangote’s Wealth Dips By $2b, Adenuga‘s Up By $3.9b / Payday: Nigerian Favour Ori Breaks Record In Rwanda / Consumer Protection Council Orders Dstv To Compensate Consumers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.