Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,367 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Never Say These 5 Things About Yourself - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Never Say These 5 Things About Yourself (1151 Views)

Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful / Your Ethnicity And How You Say These In Your Language:- / You'll Never Hear Successful People Say These 15 Phrases. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Never Say These 5 Things About Yourself by IamK2I(m): 10:34am On Aug 05, 2015
Few months ago, I was reading a story about Marc when he was a freshman in high school and struggling to find his way, someone anonymously slipped a note into his locker one afternoon. It said, “Don’t let them get inside your head. You’re not boring, nerdy or weird. You’re complex, creative and far too intelligent for their small words. And for the record, you are also infinitely more attractive than you give yourself credit for.”

Marc said he never discovered who wrote that note, "... but whoever they are, they changed my life. From that day forward, I changed the way I talked to myself."

How do you talk to yourself? What do you say to yourself? "Death and life are in the power of the tongue" (Proverbs 18:20a)

“The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and SHARPEN MY TONGUE.” -Dorothy Parker

The way you sharpen your tongue determines what comes out of your mouth about yourself and others. Remember, whatever you say is either confirm by GOD or the devil.

Specifically, these are some things you should never say to yourself:

1. “I’M NOT GOODENOUGH.”
You might think you’re not good enough, but you’ll surprise yourself if you keep trying. Your past does not determine who you are. What ultimately defines you is how well you rise after falling. Don’t ever be afraid to give yourself a chance to be everything you are capable of being. Never undervalue who you are and what you’re capable of. Excellence is the result of loving more than others think is necessary, dreaming more than others think is practical, risking more than others think is safe, and doing more than others think is possible.

2. “WHAT THEY THINK AND SAY ABOUT ME MATTERS.”
If you lead your life base on what they say and think about you, will never lead your own life. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? Don’t let others crush your dreams. Do just once what they say you can’t do, and you will never pay attention to their negativity again. Good things happen when you distance yourself from negativity and those who create it. Truth be told, no one has the right to judge you. People may have heard your stories, but they can’t feel what you are going through; they aren’t living YOUR life. So forget what they say about you. Focus on how you feel about yourself,
and do what you know in your heart is right.

3. “I NEED RECOGNITION FOR ALL MY ACTIONS TO BE WORTHWHILE.”
Do what you know is right. Integrity is doing the right thing, no matter what, even when nobody’s going to know whether you did it or not. Life always finds its balance. Don’t expect to get back everything you give. Don’t expect recognition for every effort you make. And don’t expect your kindness to be instantly recognized or your love to be understood by everyone you encounter. What seems like the right thing to do could also be the hardest thing you have ever done. Do it anyway. There is no greatness or peace of mind where there is betrayal of your own goodwill. Always aim at complete sincerity of your thoughts, words and deeds.
If it is wrong, don’t do it. If it is untrue, don’t repeat it. Do what you do because you believe it’s the right thing to do. Do the right thing even when nobody is looking. Be one of the people who make a true difference in the world by leaving it a little better and more wholesome than you found it.

4. “I AM ALONE.”
You can’t make it through on your own. None of us has. That’s why, thank goodness, you are never as alone as you sometimes feel. So many of us are fighting the same battle alongside you. You may feel alone sometimes, but you are not alone in being alone. To lose sleep worrying about a loved one. To have trouble picking yourself up after someone lets you down. To feel rejected because someone didn’t care about you enough to stay. To be afraid to try something new for fear you may fail. None of this means you’re weird or dysfunctional. It just means you’re human, and that you need a little time to regroup and recalibrate yourself. No matter how embarrassed or pathetic you feel about your own situation, there are others out there experiencing the same emotions. When you hear yourself say, “I am all alone,” it’s just your mind trying to sell you a lie. There’s always someone who can relate to you. Perhaps you can’t immediately talk to them, but they are out there, and the situation wouldn't last more than it should, just keep seeing the better side of life.

5. “I CAN'T FORGIVE THEM.”
Forgiveness is a promise.When you forgive someone you are making a promise not to hold the unchangeable past against your present self. Forgiveness doesn’t mean what happened was completely excusable, and it doesn’t necessarily mean that person should still be welcome in your life. It simply means you have made peace with the pain, and are ready to let it go and move on with your life. Forgiveness has nothing to do with freeing a criminal of his or her crime. It has everything to do with freeing yourself of the burden of being a victim – letting go of the pain and transforming yourself from victim to victor.

If you feel guilt of any of these points, know you are not alone. Many of us are right there with you (we self we be human being o), working hard to feel better, think more clearly, and live a life free of headaches
and heartache.

I'm praying for you and wishing you well as you say good things about yourself.

IamK2I

Please guys (Seun, lalasticlala, ishilove) help push this to FP. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Never Say These 5 Things About Yourself by Young03(m): 10:35am On Aug 05, 2015
Re: Never Say These 5 Things About Yourself by Tallesty1(m): 10:39am On Aug 05, 2015
Thanks.
Re: Never Say These 5 Things About Yourself by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 05, 2015
Noted!
Re: Never Say These 5 Things About Yourself by fromnigeria(m): 10:49am On Aug 05, 2015
OP o, Aside 3 & 5,
We need to tell ourselves the truth, as in reality, thats when they aren't Inferiority Complex.
Re: Never Say These 5 Things About Yourself by gabazin080(m): 10:58am On Aug 05, 2015
Now that you have told us what we shouldn't say about ourselves, you need to tell us what we should be saying about ourselves.
Re: Never Say These 5 Things About Yourself by gabazin080(m): 11:02am On Aug 05, 2015
Na person like the OP police dey run after, when them go collect work wey pass dem because he believes he shouldn't tell himself am not good enough for the job.
At times truth is bitter but one shouldn't be afraid to tell himself the truth
Re: Never Say These 5 Things About Yourself by eleojo23: 11:05am On Aug 05, 2015
Nice stuff.
Re: Never Say These 5 Things About Yourself by IamK2I(m): 11:47am On Aug 05, 2015
gabazin080:
Now that you have told us what we shouldn't say about ourselves, you need to tell us what we should be saying about ourselves.

From the above you should know what to say na! LOL. Well, if you want more explanation I could put pen on paper just for you in other to let you know what to say to yourself.

My G, you funny sha!

JUST SAY GOOD THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF
Re: Never Say These 5 Things About Yourself by gabazin080(m): 12:17pm On Aug 05, 2015
IamK2I:

From the above you should know what to say na! LOL. Well, if you want more explanation I could put pen on paper just for you in other to let you know what to say to yourself.

My G, you funny sha!

JUST SAY GOOD THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF

Not call the mods to see this, it's worth being on FP because they won't show up if I call them. Me and them dey fight die.
I think you know how to do that
Re: Never Say These 5 Things About Yourself by Ben1975(m): 12:53pm On Aug 05, 2015
Great post!

Most people don't realize that they subconsciously sabotage their own chances of success by what they tell themselves on a daily bases. The human brain is very impressionable, be careful what you feed it.

The higher up the success food chain you go the more positively people talk and think. There has been substantial literature over the last 100 years on this especially 'self concept'

I have always believed that poverty is more a state of mind than a state of money. Research, economic and social sciences has now proven that to be true.

Many unsuccessful people will argue that successful people can talk positively to themselves because they are successful, but I'd argue that its because they talk positively to themselves that is what helped make them a success in the first place.

Like what has been said multiple times in many success psychology books written by multi millionaire authors like Brian Tracy, Jack Zufelt, Tony Robin etc "change your thinking and you can changing your life!"

Stay blessed cheesy

Ben Ajose

1 Like

Re: Never Say These 5 Things About Yourself by IamK2I(m): 2:05pm On Aug 05, 2015
gabazin080:

Not call the mods to see this, it's worth being on FP because they won't show up if I call them. Me and them dey fight die.
I think you know how to do that
Re: Never Say These 5 Things About Yourself by gabazin080(m): 2:13pm On Aug 05, 2015
IamK2I:

I don't know who is in charge of this section. Pls help with the their names with "." within the names grin grin
use this one's $eun lala$ticlala i$hilove
Remember to change the dollar sign to S
Re: Never Say These 5 Things About Yourself by popweezy(m): 2:49pm On Aug 05, 2015
mo ti GBo

(1) (Reply)

10 Best Hospitals In The World / Happy Bdai Christian Mougang / When Your Uncles Is A Fool At 40 (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.