Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities (4766 Views)

Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States / The Unknown Victims Ethnic Minorities 1967-1970. / OPINION: Why Ethnic Minorities May Suffer If Biafran Republic Is Achieved. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities by scholes0(m): 11:14am On Aug 05, 2015
Please, If you are Yoruba, Igbo, Fulani or Hausa - this thread is not for you.... Thanks. Although you are welcome to make valuable contributions.

To the groups considered as minority ethnic nationalities in Nigeria I.e "The Edos, Ibibios, Tivs, Kambari, Itsekiris, Urhobos, Ebiras, Nupes, Kamukus, Igalas, Beroms, Iyallas, Angas, Idomas, Ijaws, Efiks, Jukuns, Annangs, Etsakos, Gwaris, Kanuris, Ogonis, Katabs, Jarawas, Chamba Etc" - I have a few questions for you.

* What is your state and Ethnic group / "Tribe"
* How do you feel about the progress of the Nigerian "project" and the place of your people in it?
* How do you feel / what are your opinions about the major ethnic groups of Nigeria? (aka The WaZoBia?)
* Do you feel your people are being marginalized or are not getting what they deserve from the Nigerian state?

Re: The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 05, 2015
Niger delta cum igbo kwenu!

3 Likes

Re: The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities by scholes0(m): 11:17am On Aug 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Niger delta cum igbo kwenu!

What Niger Delta tribe?
Oya sista, answer the questions in the Intro.... smiley
Re: The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 05, 2015
I rep Ijaw nation
Re: The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 05, 2015
scholes0:

What Niger Delta tribe?
Oya sista, answer the questions in the Intro.... smiley
As far as am concerned, we d south south re one
Re: The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities by scholes0(m): 11:23am On Aug 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

As far as am concerned, we d south south re one

One in what sense?
Different peoples have their different struggles in this country.

1 Like

Re: The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities by AbuMaryam1(m): 11:40am On Aug 05, 2015
What we have in Nigeria of today is block of tribes, the Hausa Yoruba and middle belt has form an ally, against Igbo and South - south. Soon their will be rebellion from Deltans after the appointment of their son as head of Nnpc considering bashing from Igbo nation.
interest can be change at any time, Igbos feel oppressed and marginalised now, in the future if the clock goes anti clockwise another tribe will be crying fowl. Learn politics it won't hurts you when you are at the receiving end. Igbo kwenu.
Re: The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities by spanishkid(m): 11:43am On Aug 05, 2015
I rep Oriohimwon LGA of Edo state. Pure Bini with a mixture of Spanish blood.
Re: The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities by Vicotex(m): 11:44am On Aug 05, 2015
I rep 5%
Re: The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities by Omololu007(m): 11:44am On Aug 05, 2015
scholes0:
Please, If you are Yoruba, Igbo, Fulani or Hausa - this thread is not for you.... Thanks. Although you are welcome to make valuable contributions.

To the groups considered as minority ethnic nationalities in Nigeria I.e "The Edos, Ibibios, Tivs, Itsekiris, Urhobos, Ebiras, Nupes, Igalas, Beroms, Angas, Idomas, Ijaws, Efiks, Jukuns, Annangs, Etsakos, Gwaris, Kanuris, Ogonis, Katabs, Jarawas, Chamba Etc" - I have a few questions for you.

* How do you feel about the progress of the Nigerian "project" and the place of your people in it?
* How do you feel / what are your opinions about the major ethnic groups of Nigeria? (aka The WaZoBia?)
* Do you feel your people are being marginalized or are not getting what they deserve from the Nigerian state?
fulani are minority

1 Like

Re: The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities by Omololu007(m): 11:45am On Aug 05, 2015
scholes0:

To the groups considered as minority ethnic nationalities in Nigeria I.e "The Edos, Ibibios, Tivs, Itsekiris, Urhobos, Ebiras, Nupes, Igalas, Beroms, Angas, Idomas, Ijaws, Efiks, Jukuns, Annangs, Etsakos, Gwaris, Kanuris, Ogonis, Katabs, Jarawas, Chamba Etc" - I have a few questions for you.

fulani is one of d minority tribe we hav in Nig
Re: The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities by scholes0(m): 11:48am On Aug 05, 2015
Omololu007:

Fulani are not minorities, Abeg.
Re: The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities by scholes0(m): 11:51am On Aug 05, 2015
Vicotex:
I rep 5%

You are Ibo Joor ......
I am talking about Ethnic minorities here, not Political minorities.

1 Like

Re: The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities by Vicotex(m): 11:51am On Aug 05, 2015
scholes0:

To the groups considered as minority ethnic nationalities in Nigeria I.e "The Edos, Ibibios, Tivs, Kambari, Itsekiris, Urhobos, Ebiras, Nupes, Kamukus, Igalas, Beroms, Iyallas, Angas, Idomas, Ijaws, Efiks, Jukuns, Annangs, Etsakos, Gwaris, Kanuris, Ogonis, Katabs, Jarawas, Chamba Etc" - I have a few questions for you.

since when edo become a tribe?

Yoruba man will never travel out of his brown roof. Thats what is causing this rubbish. In one sentence you identify "Etasako and Edo" as a tribe. Smh.
bro do your research before you open thread about ethnic groups you know nothing about

3 Likes

Re: The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities by Vicotex(m): 11:55am On Aug 05, 2015
scholes0:

You are Ibo Joor ......
I am talking about Ethnic minorities here, not Political minorities.
Am not Ibo, am IGBO.
Are igbos not in SS again, shebi una consider all ppl 4 SS as Minority? Why complaining

4 Likes

Re: The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities by scholes0(m): 11:56am On Aug 05, 2015
Vicotex:

Yoruba man will never travel out of his brown roof. Thats what is causing this rubbish. In one sentence you identify "Etasako and Edo" as a tribe. Smh.
bro do your research before you open thread about ethnic groups you know nothing about

Stop Foaming in the moth.
The Edos in this context, refers to the Binis and not the state as a whole, while the Etsakos are the Auchi, Agenebode, people.
You are calling my region brown roof, What does the capital of Edo state look like, if not poo....

2 Likes

Re: The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities by Vicotex(m): 11:57am On Aug 05, 2015
scholes0:

I told you before that you have no knowledge bout' the tribes in Nigeria.
Do research before you open an ethnic thread next time
Re: The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities by Omololu007(m): 11:58am On Aug 05, 2015
scholes0:

chai,,,,whats d population of d fulanis in Nig
Re: The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities by scholes0(m): 11:59am On Aug 05, 2015
Vicotex:

I told you before that you have no knowledge bout' the tribes in Nigeria.

Do research before you open an ethnic thread next time

Was i even addressing you?
If you think Fulanis are minorities in Nigeria, then you will have do explain yourself. ...... Why are you sounding so insultive and hyper ?....
Re: The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities by Vicotex(m): 12:00pm On Aug 05, 2015
scholes0:

Stop Foaming in the moth.
The Edos in this context, refers to the Binis and not the state as a whole, while the Etsakos are the Auchi, Agenebode, people.
You are calling my region brown roof, What does the capital of Edo state look like, if not poo....
Etasako is the LGA not a tribe.
The name of the tribe is "Afemai" meaning my home. Bini is the tribe and not edo.
Re: The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities by scholes0(m): 12:01pm On Aug 05, 2015
Omololu007:
chai,,,,whats d population of d fulanis in Nig

They are number 4. more than 10 Million
They are actually very numerous in this country, just that a lot of Southerners erroneously call them 'Hausa" , but they are not.

2 Likes

Re: The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities by Vicotex(m): 12:02pm On Aug 05, 2015
scholes0:

Was i even addressing you?
If you think Fulanis are minorities in Nigeria, then you will have do explain yourself. ...... Why are you sounding so insultive and hyper ?....
am correcting your blunders, so that next time you won't repeat it
Re: The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities by oluwalfa: 12:02pm On Aug 05, 2015
I am not Igbo, I am actually from a town called Nnewi in Anambra State.

4 Likes

Re: The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities by Vicotex(m): 12:03pm On Aug 05, 2015
scholes0:

They are number 4. more than 10 Million
They are actually very numerous in this country, just that a lot of Southerners erroneously call them 'Hausa" , but they are not.
If you place them in No 4 then Ijaw/Izon will be placed where?

1 Like

Re: The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities by scholes0(m): 12:04pm On Aug 05, 2015
Vicotex:

Etasako is the LGA not a tribe.
The name of the tribe is "Afemai" meaning my home. Bini is the tribe and not edo.

"The Etsakọ people are one of the major ethnic groups in Edo State, Nigeria. They presently occupy three local government areas of Edo State; these are Etsako East, Etsako West and Etsako Central, with Agenebode, Auchi, and Fugar, as their administrative headquarters"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etsakor_people

On the contrary, the Afenmai are not a specific people, the Afenmai include the Owans, Oras, The Etsakos themselves and the Akoko Edo tribes (which has numerous sub-groups).
Stop sounding like you are trying to school me, when I know my ish....

2 Likes

Re: The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities by scholes0(m): 12:05pm On Aug 05, 2015
Vicotex:

If you place them in No 4 then Ijaw/Izon will be placed where?

Ijos are not even up to the Efik-Ibibio-Annang cluster,
Ijos are a minority tribe that muster much more political power than their demographics would suggest, due to their resources of course.

1 Like

Re: The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities by scholes0(m): 12:09pm On Aug 05, 2015
Vicotex:
am correcting your blunders, so that next time you won't repeat it

You still haven't explained how they are minorities...... undecided
Just blarring loudly like a danfo horn.
Re: The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities by cheruv: 12:12pm On Aug 05, 2015
Vicotex:

That's true oo shocked thanks for pointing that out smiley
Bia scholes,the name Edo consist of
1]Bini.. as the largest
2]Urhobo or Sobo as we Igbos call them
3]Esan/Ishan
4]Isoko
5]Afenmai which include the etsako,akokoedo and others in the northern fringes of Edo state.

According to your map,when did Jekiri & Galla turn into yoloba
Moreover Jekiri was formed through interaction from the Ijoid,Edoid & Yoruboid peoples with the Ijoids having the greatest share yet your people wants to claim them.. undecided
Some parts of igala have been igbonized..so I'd not suggest you coopt them into your "Yorubosphere" tongue
Seriously scholes0 I thought you were learned..based on our arguments the other side but it seems you're one of those brown roof goons loitering about cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities by Vicotex(m): 12:13pm On Aug 05, 2015
scholes0:

"The Etsakọ people are one of the major ethnic groups in Edo State, Nigeria. They presently occupy three local government areas of Edo State; these are Etsako East, Etsako West and Etsako Central, with Agenebode, Auchi, and Fugar, as their administrative headquarters"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etsakor_people

On the contrary, the Afenmai are not a specific people, the Afenmai include the Owans, Oras, The Etsakos themselves and the Akoko Edo tribes (which has numerous sub-groups).
Stop sounding like you are trying to school me, when I know my ish....
Dear, you are wrong again.
Etsako is the LGA not a TRIBE.
Thesame wikipedia you posted still proves you wrong here. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afemai_people

W/o wikipedia nonsense, my mother is from Ibie and i was born in Auchi and grew up in Sabo (an outskirt that bridges Auchi and Ibie).
Re: The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities by YonkijiSappo: 12:13pm On Aug 05, 2015
Omololu007:

Fulani are not minorities.
but depending on how you want to look at it, the nomadic portion of our population are treated like minorities in Nigeria, because they are not concentrated in one area.
Re: The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities by scholes0(m): 12:18pm On Aug 05, 2015
Vicotex:

Dear, you are wrong again.
Etsako is the LGA not a TRIBE.
Thesame wikipedia you posted still proves you wrong here. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afemai_people

W/o wikipedia nonsense, my mother is from Ibie and i was born in Auchi and grew up in Sabo (an outskirt that bridges Auchi and Ibie).

"The Afemai are also known as the Afenmai, Etsako, Estakor, Iyekhee,[1] or Yekhee people....
Quoted from the Afemai Wiki page.
On the other hand, there are no peoples regarded as Yekhee or Etsako in the other non-Etsako LGAs of Edo North, that Afemai people are said to occupy. Such as owan East and Owan West.....
Anyways try and answer the questions if you can, and stop loosing your temper over nothing.
Re: The Thread For Nigerian Ethnic Minorities by Vicotex(m): 12:19pm On Aug 05, 2015
YonkijiSappo:

Fulani are not minorities.
but depending on how you want to look at it, the nomadic portion of our population are treated like minorities in Nigeria, because they are not concentrated in one area.
Shebi u know say most of those landmass in north are Deserts Inhabitable ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bunmi Okunowo: The Man In Charge Of Nigeria's ICT. Profile And Picture. / New Curriculum Of Islamic Arabic Studies - Exposing CAN And Other Lost Sheeps / 'I Have Made Over 138 People Billionaires In Dollars', Obi Cubana Breaks Silence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.