Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,677 members, 7,831,103 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] - Phones (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] (440235 Views)

Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] / Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (136) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Hotdiamond(m): 4:58pm On Sep 21, 2015
selfmadeOLX:
Guyz I need youe views
I have an infinix hot note 1GB variant, I want ti sell it and get the camon c8 "there is nothing wrong with the hot note"
Is this a good upgrade..?
Check the specifications of both devices.
Then you can conclude weather you are upgrading or downgrading.

From hot note 1GB TO camon c8
You sacrifice battery life and OTA updates and support for camera and a newer processor.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by supersam95(m): 6:11pm On Sep 21, 2015
JanethEze:
Why you call it a bastard phone?

called it bastrad because of the difficulty And inability to root it since I brought it... It very frustrating
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by selfmadeOLX(m): 7:32pm On Sep 21, 2015
Hotdiamond:

Check the specifications of both devices.
Then you can conclude weather you are upgrading or downgrading.

From hot note 1GB TO camon c8
You sacrifice battery life and OTA updates [/b]and support for camera and a newer processor. [b]

God bless you bro.. Please enlightene me on the bolded.. Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by henry007(m): 2:33pm On Sep 22, 2015
daamazing:
ah dont trust reviews much .tanks anyway

Who do you trust, the manufacturer?

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by ZesusHVWritter(m): 3:03pm On Sep 22, 2015
henry007:

Mine didn't, Complained in the whatsapp group and nobody got theirs to download and work. It's not just me na
I understand sir... Am not in the hot note group on WhatsApp. But you can message me on telegram Zesus001 if you still have the hot note.. And I will assist in anyway possible, as related to asphalt 8.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by sanandreas(m): 6:08pm On Sep 22, 2015
The multitasking gets me scared. Really want the phone. I am a heavy browser. I can't multitask smoothly. That's an error from tecno
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Dam5reey(m): 5:05am On Sep 23, 2015
Got this phone
Just For 26K It is perfect take it or leave it !

Yesterday I operated a Htc's One m9+ MTK I expected the camera to perform 3 times better than camon C8 since it cost 130k plus but It is difficult to spot any difference my colleague using the phone was amazed by my 26k t e c n o phone
Why should I waste money cos of Class..

My Camon C8
Its Ram 1GB is Good, HTC 820G 50K Mtk also has 1 GB, one mini 2 70K also 1 GB ram

Battery : Good, 3000mah is the most appropriate ask Samsung S6 and S6 edge why

Camera : Awesome front facing and Back Camera great.. Flash light its what I expected even in the deepest dark it snap great ..

Internet : smooth with my Glo bis

Screen: over 70% screen display to phone size, less bezels , bright and sharp colours as in real colours.

The boom player is a boom enjoy your music with full quality..

If the above is not what u you want in a phone Save the money worth to buy a plot of lot and by most perfect phone.. wink

People complaining about OTA update
Let's see it this way how many of us use A phone more that a year, manufacturer are bringing new phones every week, once google upgrade we see new Phones, I bought H6 last year December, I don't need any updates for lollipop since tecno will produce a new Phone now I'm on lollipop
In the next 5-6 month
Most of us will get tired on these phones, hot 2 then there will be hot 3 or 4 coming with a new google update
Infinix Samsung and the rest will bring S7 and so on

Abeg forget about OTA as far as I'm concern phone of 26k can be changed at any time..My H6 was great I gave it out, Camon C8 greater.

If u want to get, it is a good deal, 26k.. don't be discouraged by people judging by specs, who never used or seen the phone either.

I have a question why does a phone with 3GB ram have Below 1.5 give free what is the remaining doing..
I need a practical answer not English...
I see most phone with 3,4 GB RAM like that..

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by libertyfo: 6:18am On Sep 23, 2015
errm!! my c8 no dey pass 85% again wen charging.... this started yesterday morning. someone please tell me what's going on
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by sanandreas(m): 7:20am On Sep 23, 2015
Dam5reey:
Got this phone
Just For 26K It is perfect take it or leave it !

Yesterday I operated a Htc's One m9+ MTK I expected the camera to perform 3 times better than camon C8 since it cost 130k plus but It is difficult to spot any difference my colleague using the phone was amazed by my 26k t e c n o phone
Why should I waste money cos of Class..

My Camon C8
Its Ram 1GB is Good, HTC 820G 50K Mtk also has 1 GB, one mini 2 70K also 1 GB ram

Battery : Good, 3000mah is the most appropriate ask Samsung S6 and S6 edge why

Camera : Awesome front facing and Back Camera great.. Flash light its what I expected even in the deepest dark it snap great ..

Internet : smooth with my Glo bis

Screen: over 70% screen display to phone size, less bezels , bright and sharp colours as in real colours.

The boom player is a boom enjoy your music with full quality..

If the above is not what u you want in a phone Save the money worth to buy a plot of lot and by most perfect phone.. wink

People complaining about OTA update
Let's see it this way how many of us use A phone more that a year, manufacturer are bringing new phones every week, once google upgrade we see new Phones, I bought H6 last year December, I don't need any updates for lollipop since tecno will produce a new Phone now I'm on lollipop
In the next 5-6 month
Most of us will get tired on these phones, hot 2 then there will be hot 3 or 4 coming with a new google update
Infinix Samsung and the rest will bring S7 and so on

Abeg forget about OTA as far as I'm concern phone of 26k can be changed at any time..My H6 was great I gave it out, Camon C8 greater.

If u want to get, it is a good deal, 26k.. don't be discouraged by people judging by specs, who never used or seen the phone either.

I have a question why does a phone with 3GB ram have Below 1.5 give free what is the remaining doing..
I need a practical answer not English...
I see most phone with 3,4 GB RAM like that..

U never talk about multitasking. Secondly does it use mtn bis. Can it download while u re browsing
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by bigsammysam: 7:35am On Sep 23, 2015
libertyfo:
errm!! my c8 no dey pass 85% again wen charging.... this started yesterday morning. someone please tell me what's going on
Change ur Charger bro. naa d charger Don tire naso he do me. Just get another charger from 5.0v = 1A or 1.2A. U are good to go 100per cent charge.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Andking: 10:40pm On Sep 23, 2015
Was surprised to see this update from tecno

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by libertyfo: 11:23pm On Sep 23, 2015
bigsammysam:

Change ur Charger bro. naa d charger Don tire naso he do me. Just get another charger from 5.0v = 1A or 1.2A. U are good to go 100per cent charge.
thank you so much bro...I'll do just that
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by libertyfo: 11:24pm On Sep 23, 2015
Andking:
wow!! that's really nice....have you updated it?
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by highheybee: 11:44pm On Sep 23, 2015
Thank god because tecno have now released an update for the camon c8, and haters should stop saying tecno "don't" have ota Cox it's now "didn't", up tecno
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by sanandreas(m): 3:25am On Sep 24, 2015
Andking:

Did it solve multitasking issue
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by macbeyland(m): 3:57am On Sep 24, 2015
Seems this tecno camon c8 doesn't have switchable 3g. I can't find the option on my menu

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by pillan(f): 6:43am On Sep 24, 2015
Andking:
wow..nice,how can I get this same lovely look?is your phone rooted or the update changed it?
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Andking: 7:04am On Sep 24, 2015
pillan:
wow..nice,how can I get this same lovely look?is your phone rooted or the update changed it?
no my phone ain't rooted yet. Just a little tweaking on Nova prime launcher(i recommend this for anyone) and I changed my font size and theme. Still waiting for this baby to have root access.
macbeyland:
Seems this tecno camon c8 doesn't have switchable 3g. I can't find the option on my menu
This issue had been solved in previous post. U need Mtk engineering to solve this. It's a peculiar issue on mtk lollipop OS device I've used. A quick guide to solving it.
*download mtk engineering mode
*click on mtk setting
*locate network selecting
*and then put in on WCDMA

That's all. But note ur fone will always be on 3g, so if u get to an area with no 3g network signal then ur fone won't have service. To reverve it follow d above step.
libertyfo:

wow!! that's really nice....have you updated it?
Just updated it.. .. Still testing.. But the multi-tasking issue has improved quite well.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by freezyprinzy(m): 9:14am On Sep 24, 2015
Plz guys can d c8 b tweeked 2 use glo bis and am a heavy gamer is it advisable 2 get dis device nid answers asap
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by sanandreas(m): 10:11am On Sep 24, 2015
By the end of the month . I will get it. Andking how is the display under sunlight.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by macbeyland(m): 12:35pm On Sep 24, 2015
macbeyland:
@Andking thanks for your response. I was actually talking about switching 3g between sim 1 and sim 2

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by macbeyland(m): 7:10pm On Sep 24, 2015
I just tried kingroot pc version to root my tecno camon c8 but it couldn't. This phone is really stubborn. I saw some people's comments where they confirmed that they succeeded in rooting their c8 using the mobile version of king root
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by samutd4u(m): 7:56pm On Sep 24, 2015
Andking:
no my phone ain't rooted yet. Just a little tweaking on Nova prime launcher(i recommend this for anyone) and I changed my font size and theme. Still waiting for this baby to have root access.
This issue had been solved in previous post. U need Mtk engineering to solve this. It's a peculiar issue on mtk lollipop OS device I've used. A quick guide to solving it.
*download mtk engineering mode
*click on mtk setting
*locate network selecting
*and then put in on WCDMA

That's all. But note ur fone will always be on 3g, so if u get to an area with no 3g network signal then ur fone won't have service. To reverve it follow d above step.
Just updated it.. .. Still testing.. But the multi-tasking issue has improved quite well.

Bros pls can I use glo blackberry imei trick on tecno Camon C8 without rooting it?
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by ajide99(m): 8:14pm On Sep 24, 2015
samutd4u:

Bros pls can I use glo blackberry imei trick on tecno Camon C8 without rooting it?
sure u can tweak ur imei without rooting using imei engineering mode

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by onyeuka: 4:02am On Sep 25, 2015
Just upgraded my tecno c8

Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by Elcapo(m): 6:20am On Sep 25, 2015
Ever tried playing music through auxiliary (AUX) and the music stops when you try increasing the volume?!
This is the problem I've been facing with my camon 8
Any Help
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by onyeuka: 7:17am On Sep 25, 2015
Elcapo:
Ever tried playing music through auxiliary (AUX) and the music stops when you try increasing the volume?!
This is the problem I've been facing with my camon 8
Any Help
Hmmmmmm my own is working well
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by parrotibaba(m): 9:14am On Sep 25, 2015
So has the update fixed the multitasking issues?
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by sanandreas(m): 9:20am On Sep 25, 2015
parrotibaba:
So has the update fixed the multitasking issues?

Don't u have the phone
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by parrotibaba(m): 9:24am On Sep 25, 2015
sanandreas:

Don't u have the phone
no
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by sanandreas(m): 9:26am On Sep 25, 2015
parrotibaba:
no

Hoping ND praying to get ur soon. Have gotten 80% of the cash already. This will be my last tecno.
Re: Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] by parrotibaba(m): 9:30am On Sep 25, 2015
sanandreas:

Hoping ND praying to get ur soon. Have gotten 80% of the cash already. This will be my last tecno.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not interested in the phone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (136) (Reply)

2go (system Version) Download / How To Write Colored Text On Facebook / List Of All Tecno Android Phones With Their Prices And Specs In Nigeria (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.