Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,230 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Tecno To Challenge Top Camera Phones With Camon C8 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno To Challenge Top Camera Phones With Camon C8 (1591 Views)

Tecno To Launch The Tecno Camon Cmore This January 2018 / Tecno To Launch Spark Series, Starting With Tecno Spark Telephone / #C9JATour: Images Shot With Camon C9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno To Challenge Top Camera Phones With Camon C8 by PhoneGist(m): 1:27pm On Aug 05, 2015
The truth is, in the smart phone category, there are elder statesmen in camera ability (iPhone, Nokia or Samsung Galaxy S6) but information reaching us suggests that Tecno’s soon-to-be-released Camon C8 is going to rattle & surprise everyone.
Looking at the camera specs you might not be wowed (with a 5MP Front facing camera & 13MP back facing camera), but the magic is in its image processing engine and software that makes the Camon C8’s camera lens so sensitive to light & colors and a phase-detection system that allows the phone capture within 0.3s, so you never miss those instant moments.

I also got word about a feature called Quick Snap which allows you, from the lock screen, take pictures and save it in just 3 seconds. That is impressive considering other smart phones need at least 7 seconds to operate from standby to save, I’m really curious to see how they made this possible.

From what I’ve heard about the Camon C8’s camera, no matter how poor the lighting is in your environment, the C8 will capture the perfect pictures, as it is perfect for the clearest of selfies at night.
Now with these juicy details, it looks like those impulsive unpredictable moments that are always missed during outings with friends (especially the weekend ones where everyone dressed to impress and ready to have some fun) might just be captured and saved with this device before they are over.

Say …snap…cheese…snap!

Seeing is believing, so here are some pictures going around in the tech circles of pictures taken with the Camon C8.
See the pictures for yourselves they’re very clear
From the looks of it, Tecno is not just playing the affordable card anymore, they have set their sights on something bigger, real value for money.

We are patiently anticipating the launch of this device.

Re: Tecno To Challenge Top Camera Phones With Camon C8 by Hawlahscho(m): 1:30pm On Aug 05, 2015
We are patiently waiting
Re: Tecno To Challenge Top Camera Phones With Camon C8 by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 05, 2015
PhoneGist:
The truth is, in the smart phone category, there are elder statesmen in camera ability (iPhone, Nokia or Samsung Galaxy S6) but information reaching us suggests that Tecno’s soon-to-be-released Camon C8 is going to rattle & surprise everyone.
Looking at the camera specs you might not be wowed (with a 5MP Front facing camera & 13MP back facing camera), but the magic is in its image processing engine and software that makes the Camon C8’s camera lens so sensitive to light & colors and a phase-detection system that allows the phone capture within 0.3s, so you never miss those instant moments.

I also got word about a feature called Quick Snap which allows you, from the lock screen, take pictures and save it in just 3 seconds. That is impressive considering other smart phones need at least 7 seconds to operate from standby to save, I’m really curious to see how they made this possible.

From what I’ve heard about the Camon C8’s camera, no matter how poor the lighting is in your environment, the C8 will capture the perfect pictures, as it is perfect for the clearest of selfies at night.
Now with these juicy details, it looks like those impulsive unpredictable moments that are always missed during outings with friends (especially the weekend ones where everyone dressed to impress and ready to have some fun) might just be captured and saved with this device before they are over.

Say …snap…cheese…snap!

Seeing is believing, so here are some pictures going around in the tech circles of pictures taken with the Camon C8.
See the pictures for yourselves they’re very clear
From the looks of it, Tecno is not just playing the affordable card anymore, they have set their sights on something bigger, real value for money.

We are patiently anticipating the launch of this device.

I like these pictures. Please can you tell the phone You're using?
Re: Tecno To Challenge Top Camera Phones With Camon C8 by Leopantro: 1:49pm On Aug 05, 2015
Another " insufficient memory" phone?
If it is soon to be released by the company, how come pictures of a corper's shoe and kekes in Nigeria where taken?

2 Likes

Re: Tecno To Challenge Top Camera Phones With Camon C8 by realceeg(m): 11:29pm On Aug 17, 2015
Leopantro:
If it is soon to be released by the company, how come pictures of a corper's shoe and kekes in Nigeria where taken?
..I wonder o...
Re: Tecno To Challenge Top Camera Phones With Camon C8 by CertifiedSamuel: 5:44am On Aug 18, 2015
Leopantro:

Because they already have a test version grin
Re: Tecno To Challenge Top Camera Phones With Camon C8 by ige101(m): 6:04am On Aug 18, 2015
Doubting Thomas
Leopantro:
Re: Tecno To Challenge Top Camera Phones With Camon C8 by jonmoveek: 7:05am On Aug 18, 2015
Leopantro:

Probably a test version.! The company could have taken it
Re: Tecno To Challenge Top Camera Phones With Camon C8 by jonmoveek: 7:11am On Aug 18, 2015
BTW, DO they really think they can challenge iPhone.??
Re: Tecno To Challenge Top Camera Phones With Camon C8 by ige101(m): 7:49am On Aug 18, 2015
And you Think its impossible?
jonmoveek:
Re: Tecno To Challenge Top Camera Phones With Camon C8 by Leopantro: 8:34am On Aug 18, 2015
ige101:

Every time you take a photo, information about the photo and the device that took the photo is embedded into the photo. The picture of the keke is a treasure trove of information when you pass it through a photo analysis software . It says it was taken on the 22nd of February by a Canon EOS 600D with an index number 038078029421. The other photos provide doubtful information.
That you can pass a picture taken with another camera a product of the phone disproves the incredible statement that is comparable to IPhone.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno To Challenge Top Camera Phones With Camon C8 by jonmoveek: 7:23am On Aug 20, 2015
ige101:
And that is what I'm trying to ask.
Re: Tecno To Challenge Top Camera Phones With Camon C8 by jonmoveek: 7:25am On Aug 20, 2015
Leopantro:

Every time you take a photo, information about the photo and the device that took the photo is embedded into the photo. The picture of the keke is a treasure trove of information when you pass it through a photo analysis software . It says it was taken on the 22nd of February by a Canon EOS 600D with an index number 038078029421. The other photos provide doubtful information.
That you can pass a picture taken with another camera a product of the phone disproves the incredible statement that is comparable to IPhone.

So you mean you ran the test yourself.
Re: Tecno To Challenge Top Camera Phones With Camon C8 by Elxandre(m): 9:56am On Aug 20, 2015
Most folks are truly ignorant. cheesy

There is hardly any way a phone with such inferior internals, that is, the processor, will rival phones with deadly processing power.
Re: Tecno To Challenge Top Camera Phones With Camon C8 by jossy91(m): 10:02am On Aug 20, 2015
is Tecno making a phone or a Camera in this C8i wont buy dis poo just because of camera and have a wack spec for 27k na..wetin do Infinix hot 2??
Re: Tecno To Challenge Top Camera Phones With Camon C8 by nonichuks: 11:38am On Aug 20, 2015
Because it is soon to be released to the public doesn't mean it does not already exist.
Leopantro:
Re: Tecno To Challenge Top Camera Phones With Camon C8 by Leopantro: 1:01pm On Aug 20, 2015
nonichuks:
Because it is soon to be released to the public doesn't mean it does not already exist.

Since April? I'll give you that but those pictures are under dispute.
Re: Tecno To Challenge Top Camera Phones With Camon C8 by Leopantro: 1:03pm On Aug 20, 2015
jonmoveek:

So you mean you ran the test yourself.
Yes I did, you can do it even with an android phone.
Re: Tecno To Challenge Top Camera Phones With Camon C8 by jonmoveek: 1:38pm On Aug 20, 2015
Leopantro:

Yes I did, you can do it even with an android phone.
How if I may ask.??
Re: Tecno To Challenge Top Camera Phones With Camon C8 by Leopantro: 1:46pm On Aug 20, 2015
jonmoveek:

How if I may ask.??

Look for the app EXIF VIEWER in the play store. Install and open any photo with it. The info it reveals is not that detailed compared to the PC version but it's something
Re: Tecno To Challenge Top Camera Phones With Camon C8 by jonmoveek: 9:15pm On Aug 20, 2015
Leopantro:

Look for the app EXIF VIEWER in the play store. Install and open any photo with it. The info it reveals is not that detailed compared to the PC version but it's something
Thanks bruv.. lemme run tests on these twitter pictures mehn
Re: Tecno To Challenge Top Camera Phones With Camon C8 by martineverest(m): 9:34pm On Aug 20, 2015
OP,answer diz simpo kweshons:
*does it have xenon flash?
*what is the sensor size?
*what type of lens does it use,zeiss or canon?
then i ll know if it can compete with lumia 520 or iphone 4,left alone iphone 6,s6 or lumia 1020
Re: Tecno To Challenge Top Camera Phones With Camon C8 by Veka: 2:35pm On Aug 21, 2015
not challenege the iphone per say, just the camera.
jonmoveek:

(1) (Reply)

Tecno Y6..affordable Yet Durable.. SCEENSHOTS / Who Invented The 'likes' We Use On Social Media And Forums? / Samsung Galaxy S7 Waterproof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.