Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Who Invented The 'likes' We Use On Social Media And Forums? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Who Invented The 'likes' We Use On Social Media And Forums? (1586 Views)

Meet The Man Who Invented The Internet For Free, Now He Is Broke / A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. / How To Recognize 2go Guys In Public Groups And Forums (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Invented The 'likes' We Use On Social Media And Forums? by ril19(m): 5:39pm On Jan 13, 2016
So guys let's educate ourselves a bit on this subject.

Over the years, users of online interactive forumes and social media have used this particular feature which enables them to like posts and pictures posted by other users. This particular feature has added value and spice to online interactions.

Some may have wondered about the origin of the social media 'likes'. So today we ask.

What is the origin of the likes we use everyday on social media? cool
Re: Who Invented The 'likes' We Use On Social Media And Forums? by mosjames: 7:42pm On Jan 13, 2016
What sort of question is that, the moderator(owner) of course
Re: Who Invented The 'likes' We Use On Social Media And Forums? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 13, 2016
The like system was created and implemented first on facebook.
That's to my knowledge though, I don't know if it was created before. Thank Mark Zuckerberg for changing how the world interacts.
Re: Who Invented The 'likes' We Use On Social Media And Forums? by pinkyruledworld(m): 9:24pm On Jan 13, 2016
charix:
That's to my knowledge though, I don't know if it was created before. Thank Mark Zuckerberg for changing how the world interacts.
u r indeed correct...
Re: Who Invented The 'likes' We Use On Social Media And Forums? by ril19(m): 9:34pm On Jan 13, 2016
mosjames:
What sort of question is that, the moderator(owner) of course
The question is more like how did it all start? which social media can be said to have invented it? or don't you think it is worth knowing?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Invented The 'likes' We Use On Social Media And Forums? by ril19(m): 9:42pm On Jan 13, 2016
charix:
Thanks For Throwing In Some Light Bro. Buh We Still Like To Accertain Whether There Was Any Mention Or Use Of It Before FB.
Re: Who Invented The 'likes' We Use On Social Media And Forums? by nerdfrost(m): 11:51pm On Jan 13, 2016
*Enters thread,reads question n starts shouting* its me its me grin
Re: Who Invented The 'likes' We Use On Social Media And Forums? by tpiah2: 11:52pm On Jan 13, 2016
no idea.
Re: Who Invented The 'likes' We Use On Social Media And Forums? by tpiah2: 11:53pm On Jan 13, 2016
Re: Who Invented The 'likes' We Use On Social Media And Forums? by mosjames: 11:47am On Jan 14, 2016
ril19:

The question is more like how did it all start? which social media can be said to have invented it? or don't you think it is worth knowing?
I have no answer for that
Re: Who Invented The 'likes' We Use On Social Media And Forums? by ril19(m): 11:46pm On Jan 14, 2016
Re: Who Invented The 'likes' We Use On Social Media And Forums? by ril19(m): 11:50pm On Jan 14, 2016
nerdfrost:
*Enters thread,reads question n starts shouting* its me its me grin

Meaning? undecided
Re: Who Invented The 'likes' We Use On Social Media And Forums? by nerdfrost(m): 1:13am On Jan 15, 2016
ril19:

Meaning? undecided
. This thread's not meant for u
Re: Who Invented The 'likes' We Use On Social Media And Forums? by nerdfrost(m): 9:01am On Jan 15, 2016
ril19:

Meaning? undecided
. I'm the person that invented it or do u think having an IQ of 182 is easy?? undecided
Re: Who Invented The 'likes' We Use On Social Media And Forums? by ril19(m): 4:21pm On Jan 16, 2016
nerdfrost:
. I'm the person that invented it or do u think having an IQ of 182 is easy?? undecided

haha....buh you're a nerd. 8:
Re: Who Invented The 'likes' We Use On Social Media And Forums? by nerdfrost(m): 5:50pm On Jan 16, 2016
ril19:

haha....buh you're a nerd. 8:
. That's what make it simple
Re: Who Invented The 'likes' We Use On Social Media And Forums? by Joel3(m): 7:05pm On Jan 16, 2016
well whatever name you choose to call it. that function has been in existence since internet age. it use to be thumbs up and down. yahoo question has it from time immemorial.

Facebook only turn it to like. still it's still thumb up in yahoo post rating.
Re: Who Invented The 'likes' We Use On Social Media And Forums? by ril19(m): 11:14pm On Jan 16, 2016
nerdfrost:
. That's what make it simple
d'urapmahn?
Re: Who Invented The 'likes' We Use On Social Media And Forums? by nerdfrost(m): 11:07am On Jan 17, 2016
ril19:

d'urapmahn?
. Yea,why u askin??
Re: Who Invented The 'likes' We Use On Social Media And Forums? by ril19(m): 10:32pm On Jan 17, 2016
nerdfrost:
. Yea,why u askin??

you got any joints you made? where do you stay?
Re: Who Invented The 'likes' We Use On Social Media And Forums? by nerdfrost(m): 7:11am On Jan 18, 2016
ril19:

you got any joints you made? where do you stay?
. Not really,I stay in lag(satelite town) but I'm in unizik ryt now

(1) (Reply)

Help (unfortunately Package Access Helper Has Stopped ) / Latest MTN Nigeria Night Plans / I Want To Remove The Battery Of A Newly Bought Fero Power 3.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.