Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,441 members, 7,861,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:16 AM

How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng (39859 Views)

Rio 2016: How Dalung Embarked On Jamboree With 36 Guests - NigerianTimes / Exclusive:how Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position For Campaign Funding Nigeriantimes / Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave - Nigeriantimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng by millionaireman: 3:16pm On Aug 05, 2015
Miranda11:
I've said this before that the pple who were hailing Buhari will be the same ones that will tear him apart especially if the policies he is implementing do not favour them and it is now happening. There is no one that Buhari will appoint that rubbish stories will not follow as to why he appointed such a person, how are we so sure that this propaganda is not being stirred up by disgruntled APC leaders that wanted their own people to be in charge of NNPC and the petroleum Ministry but aren't meaning no access to oil blocks and juicy oil appointments. There were unconfirmed rumours that Tinubu wanted Mofe Boyo to be GMD NNPC or Minister of Petroleum but this has not worked out. Very soon they will say the appointment was to protect Northerners who own oil blocks.
It's a known fact that IBB knows Kachikwu as IBB attended Kachikwu's daughters wedding but is this enough to say Buhari struck a deal with IBB and Danjuma? Anyway only time will tell what the true position is as Kachikwu himself was almost rejecting the offer because of politics and slander until Buhari convinced him to take it, now exactly what the man feared is happening.
Na wah for Naija we are our own worst enemies.

Olusegun Obasanjo acted President and Oil Minister at the same time for many years, with Yoruba's Kupolati at the head of NNPC; Yoruba-controlled media went on break throughout that period.

US $16 billion was alleged to have missed from the energy sector alone under Obasanjo administration, Yoruba-controlled media went asleep all the time. But a few days ago, Punch editorial literally incited Buhari to go after people who served under Jonathan administration.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng by StOla: 3:16pm On Aug 05, 2015
porka:

[size=13pt]You are a cursed liar!

Buhari said he didn't know what subsidy stood for.

Go for deliverance from chronic lying.
[/size]

I can see I was talking to a moronic pork.

He said he does not know what manner of subsidy is being paid because he refused to accept that we need a cash subsidy system to even sell imported products locally.

He finds it appalling that we have to pay a subsidy at all.

You and your family are already living the curse of having Buhari lead this country well. That curse will never depart from your family. The more the country progresses the more sorrowful you shall become.
Re: How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng by Gondonu: 3:17pm On Aug 05, 2015
Burger01:
Nna wa o. When will the wailers leave baba alone? Una no dey tire? sad undecided
Just imagine a so-call dynamic young man referring to a "baba"as president.We deserve the leaders we have in this country.
Re: How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng by porka: 3:17pm On Aug 05, 2015
Bluetooth2:

It was because Obj made himself the minister. Did he ever lead Nigeria outside the country to perform the duty of a petroleum minister ? NO because he won't be recognized !

So the whole responsibilities still falls on the minister of state. Was there anytime we had both ministers as cabinet members ?

[size=13pt]Good you remember now.

Your memory malfunctioned earlier.[/size]

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng by babadee1(m): 3:18pm On Aug 05, 2015
All noise and lies. There's no substance to this story.
Re: How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 05, 2015
porka:

[size=13pt]Good you remember now.

Your memory malfunctioned earlier.[/size]

And you with a functioning memory is here killing yourself over an appointment that's yet to be made ? Ologbon dori eja mu cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng by Gondonu: 3:21pm On Aug 05, 2015
StOla:

He said he does not know what manner of subsidy is being paid because he refused to accept that we need a cash subsidy system to even sell imported products locally.

You and your family are already living the curse of having Buhari lead this country well. That curse will never depart from your family. The more the country progresses the more sorrowful you shall become.
What progress are you talking about my friend? Are you really in Nigeria @ present?
Re: How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng by StOla: 3:24pm On Aug 05, 2015
millionaireman:

Olusegun Obasanjo acted President and Oil Minister at the same time for many years, with Yoruba's Kupolati at the head of NNPC; Yoruba-controlled media went on break throughout that period.

US $16 billion was alleged to have missed from the oil sector alone under Obasanjo administration, Yoruba-controlled media went asleep all the time. But a few days ago, Punch editorial literally incited Buhari to go after people who served under Jonathan administration.

It is this disease of "my brother" that will destroy your people eventually. Already you have become infamous as the wailing babies of Nigeria who never see anything good or worthy of merit in others. You have become infamous for always crying witch hunt everytime a criminal accusation is made.

Despite all the flak received by the OBJ administration championed by the same Yoruba controlled media, nobody heard of "our brother" from the SW then. When Tafa Balogun was rightly sacked and prosecuted, Nigeria did not hear about "our brother" then. Same was the case when Sunday Afolabi was sacked and prosecuted.

It is on record that the Ghali Na' Abba led house of reps passed a vote of no confidence on OBJ. The same SW media brought you all the action and accusations. Nobody heard "our brother" then.

The SW media was the darling of everyone then.

Jonathan happened and "our brother", "our son" and "our hard working sister" became the order of the day.

It is on record that for the 1st time in this democratic era, the SE and SS refused to comply with a labour strike to challenge a hike in fuel prices because "our brother" was the president.
Could this have ever happened in the SW when OBJ was preside? Strikes were the norm with yearly battles between the OBJ government and the Adams Oshiomhole led NLC, and full compliance was always recorded in Obasanjo's SW.

The true picture is that the SW media is the only active media in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng by bros856: 3:28pm On Aug 05, 2015
First they say it's AMAECHI that funded Buhari's campaign with Rivers state money and now it's IBB and T. Y. Danjuma because of NNPC GMD appointment. Nigerians why? Let him come fromanywhere he like but in Buhari he can't last with any criminal act.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng by teepain: 3:29pm On Aug 05, 2015
Why would people not leave this illustrious Igbo son alone. The man merits the office of the NNPC GMD so what the heck.
Re: How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng by viktagorion: 3:30pm On Aug 05, 2015
A wailing wailer's fertile imagination.
Re: How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng by mindtricks: 3:30pm On Aug 05, 2015
StOla:
Even if he has a criminal agenda, it will never see the light of day under Buhari.

If irresponsible Jonathan was president there would be reason to worry, no need for worries with the dedicated Buhari. He is about the most informed president we will ever have as far as our peculiar oil and gas industry is concerned.

Buhari will not be deceived.

Buhari is not a saint or robot.

All this assumption that Buhari has already delivered is the biggest danger in itslef. It's wise to follow events as they play out. Let him first deliver then we can conclude it is so.

To be in that position is not easy, and yet uneasy is the task of being there and still remain unswayed by attendant pressures!

The people must keep reminding the govt not to fail.

Enough said.

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng by porka: 3:30pm On Aug 05, 2015
StOla:

[size=13pt]You will probably die in your slavery if you don't get deliverance fast.

Even if they report that Buhari beheaded your parents you will still publicly defend him for doing that. You will tell the world that your parents deserve to be beheaded by your god because he is 'leading your country well'.

Pathetic! [/size]

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng by ave4(f): 3:33pm On Aug 05, 2015
All i have to say is dat i'm happy for Dr Ibe Kachiwu.I don't care if he's not a 'pure blood' igbo man.This discrimination has to stop!Too much hate!Lets pray for the best!#proudlyonitchaugbo!
Re: How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng by StOla: 3:36pm On Aug 05, 2015
porka:

[size=13pt]You will probably die in your slavery if you don't get deliverance fast.

Even if they report that Buhari beheaded your parents you will still publicly defend him for doing that. You will tell the world that your parents deserve to be beheaded by your god because he is 'leading your country well'.

Pathetic! [/size]

Nigeria will continue to progress inspite of you.

As far as the clown is not in charge and his circus of criminals have been rendered jobless, Nigeria can only change for the better.
Re: How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng by oluamid(m): 3:38pm On Aug 05, 2015
Lmao. This write-up makes a mockery of investigative journalism. No evidences, just straight up pulling scenarios out of the air. Any nollywood writer worth his salt can do better.
Re: How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng by Splashme: 3:42pm On Aug 05, 2015
Nonsense change
Re: How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng by porka: 3:46pm On Aug 05, 2015
Bluetooth2:

And you with a functioning memory is here killing yourself over an appointment that's yet to be made ? Ologbon dori eja mu cheesy
[size=13pt]
Mr Man. When you forget something, there's nothing you can do about it until you either remember or you are reminded. Human memory do fail.

Admit you are human. It's a virtue to admit one's mistakes and limitations. It will only earn you respect and adoration by reasonable people.

You said you couldn't remember when last a minister of state for petroleum was appointed from 1999 and you were gently reminded. Instead of you to take the reminder like a man, you jumped to a spiral argument about OPEC which was clearly out of the way.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng by porka: 3:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
StOla:

Nigeria will continue to progress inspite of you.

As far as the clown is not in charge and his circus of criminals have been rendered jobless, Nigeria can only change for the better.

[size=13pt]Maybe you don't know, some people's definition of Nigeria getting better does not include waiting for Buhari's government 'unemployment' bailout of 5000 naira MONTHLY.

Some Nigerians are actually independent of government handout. If you learn to use your hands to fend for yourself instead of lazily waiting for a magician to feed you and your family, perhaps you too would have freedom to think independently and not like a slave defending your master every time (if senselessly).[/size]

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng by Sweetlemon(f): 4:05pm On Aug 05, 2015
Walahi! These PDP apologists are NOT well at all.

They were all speculating that Buhari will appoint a Northerner for this role. Now he has appointed a SSner, trouble still dey. What the hell do these lesser humans want? I don't just get it.
Re: How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng by MadCow1: 4:06pm On Aug 05, 2015
I knew it was only a matter of time before the Wailers would wail about this issue..
Re: How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng by MadCow1: 4:07pm On Aug 05, 2015
Sweetlemon:
Walahi! These PDP apologists are NOT well at all.

They were all speculating that Buhari will appoint a Northerner for this role. Now he has appointed a SSner, trouble still dey. What the hell do these lesser humans want? I don't just get it.

Sweetim, biko forget about the Wailers and give me some of your sweet lemon juice jor..

grin
Re: How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng by Donjowebs(m): 4:11pm On Aug 05, 2015
Sometimes I am tempted to agree that a lot of Nigerians don't want this country to move forward!
Re: How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng by Jetjacky(m): 4:16pm On Aug 05, 2015
No he is not, and neither is GEJ... What about you? Or me??
Think like a human with brains undecided undecided
StOla:
Even if he has a criminal agenda, it will never see the light of day under Buhari.

If irresponsible Jonathan was president there would be reason to worry, no need for worries with the dedicated Buhari. He is about the most informed president we will ever have as far as our peculiar oil and gas industry is concerned.

Buhari will not be deceived.
Re: How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng by Sweetlemon(f): 4:17pm On Aug 05, 2015
MadCow1:

Sweetim, biko forget about the Wailers and give me some of your sweet lemon juice jor..

grin

Yeah I have plenty of sweet juice. Lol.

But seriously. I wish I could unfollow or block or unfriend NL monikers the way you can do on other social media. I AM TIRED!
Re: How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng by juwa4real(m): 4:24pm On Aug 05, 2015
There is no sense in this pieces of nonsense
Re: How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng by MadCow1: 4:28pm On Aug 05, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Yeah I have plenty of sweet juice. Lol.

But seriously. I wish I could unfollow or block or unfriend NL monikers the way you can do for other social media. I AM TIRED!

Biko don't unfriend me o... grin

But I know what you mean though.. The ones I want to unfriendly are the ones I have in real life sef. Some people are just straight up annoying and irritating with their selfish unreasonableness (assuming this is a real word).
Re: How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 05, 2015
This should be one of the people crying "appoint ministers, appoint ministers" coz they can't wait to criticize! Now, no appointments yet and they always manage to get things to WAIL about. I knw for sure that the article would have been longer if Kachikwu was not from that region. Wailers, more fuel to your tanks coz wil need it soon angry
Re: How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 05, 2015
So its no longer Amaechi undecided
Re: How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng by ocelot2006(m): 4:50pm On Aug 05, 2015
uupgrade:
Fooling d dump ass like him with this. Gej na my father. Fayose my uncle. Nelson Wike my big brother. Pmb my ......... Hmmmm

Maiguard? Aboki? Kuli Kuli seller?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

DSS Crackdown: Judgements That Landed Judges In Trouble / Bandits Kidnap Abia State University Students, Ikpeazu Reacts / Tinubu Speaks On Request For Presidential Yacht Worth N5 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.