Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

The Selfie Stick : Useless Or Almost Useless Invention - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Selfie Stick : Useless Or Almost Useless Invention (1624 Views)

7 invention i would love to see before i die / Photo Of The Day: When You Give A Village Girl A Selfie Stick / My Newest Invention,25000mha Avatar/power Bank...100% Home Made (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Selfie Stick : Useless Or Almost Useless Invention by ShakurM(m): 7:07pm On Aug 05, 2015

Good Evening,

So I saw a selfie stick in action today around Ikeja, Lagos, I laughed I almost cried, I asked myself these questions, is this person desperately searching for network or why is a mop stick in the air till I adjusted my glasses and found out it was all in quest to take a selfie,though,I'm not against the idea of a selfie,like some of Nlers would jokingly say, end time things.

If you have a Selfie stick or a monopod as it is unpopularly called, you should stop reading this post. The Selfie stick is the worse trending invention, it's worse than an egg cup holder, a baby beer bottle even than a diet water, yes.
The selfie stick is practically a phone camera on a pole.

The craze for selfie begets selfie sticks.
The Selfie stick is just an alternative for longer limbs, nothing special and I won't spend my hard earned money on it. The selfie stick in practical just means 'my arm is not long enough' , yes it captures many people given the angles but what's the point if the stick still shows in the picture ,maybe it needs a new design for the selfie obsessed generation.
By the way, what happened to simply asking a fellow human to help you take a picture if you desperately need to see a flash, are you being narcissistic or are you that anti-social? They might run away with your phone. Okay, never trust strangers. But that's not the issue.

If you would be carrying a selfie stick around, you should probably see a therapist on your self esteem.
How Interesting! The Selfie stick was considered the worst invention in the 90's and is now celebrated in today's world. The Selfie craze is crazy.

Selfie stick is becoming a threat to social cultural norms that it has been banned in many major cultural attractions like stadiums, popular trade fairs,museums, art galleries, it was even banned at the just concluded Wimbledon tennis championship. Selfie stick struggle is real.
But the selfie stick inventor gives me hope, people would buy almost anything so far it's portable and hand held.

The current Selfie stick is the wrong tool for the wrong purpose; just selfies.

What do you guys think about Selfie sticks?

Re: The Selfie Stick : Useless Or Almost Useless Invention by brianero24(m): 7:08pm On Aug 05, 2015
been booking space
since1875
Re: The Selfie Stick : Useless Or Almost Useless Invention by vicadex07(m): 1:50am On Aug 06, 2015
Nice analysis. Me thinks only narcissists indulge excessively in taking selfie pictures undecided
Re: The Selfie Stick : Useless Or Almost Useless Invention by angieberry(f): 6:22am On Aug 06, 2015
Selfies stick- idea as good as Kim kardashian's book of selfies undecided
Re: The Selfie Stick : Useless Or Almost Useless Invention by Magnoliaa(f): 9:44pm On Apr 18, 2017
vicadex07:
Nice analysis. Me thinks only narcissists indulge excessively in taking selfie pictures undecided

who is a narcissist?

(1) (Reply)

Most Corrupt States In Nigeria Revealed - National Corruption Survey 2017. / Youwin 2017 Online Assessment Website Connection Time Out Error / My Thoughts From The Dream I Had This Early Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.