Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG (37926 Views)

3 Corpers In Benue Found Missing Money & Returned It,NYSC DG Did This 4 Them / NOUN Graduates Will Soon Be Able To Participate In NYSC, Law School – VC / 10 Reasons Why Nysc Should Be Voluntary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG by rexmozee2011: 9:25pm On Aug 05, 2015
then you have to apologies to millions of youths you made to pass through the Üseless Scheme compulsorily.
Re: NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG by bigerboy200: 9:25pm On Aug 05, 2015
good move...NYSC is just a waste of time....95% of corpers just end up bleeping demselves for gud one year....after that,all depart to face d real world....
Re: NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG by kossyablaze(m): 9:28pm On Aug 05, 2015
ellechrystal:
grin
Ok u quoted me?xup

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG by kossyablaze(m): 9:28pm On Aug 05, 2015
ellechrystal:
grin
Ok u quoted me?xup

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG by kossyablaze(m): 9:30pm On Aug 05, 2015
ellechrystal:
grin
Ok u quoted me?xup

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG by blakky97(m): 9:33pm On Aug 05, 2015
PrinceNN:
long awaited... no right thinking graduate will volunteer to while away 1 year, while risking their lives undecided
dont be too sure.
Re: NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 05, 2015
Before na wetin, how much is federal government paying that people will not hear word, left your home to go and stay in hostile place like where i serve with 18k and they are still complaining

DG how much is your daily feeding? only 2 bottles of HENNESY you and your friends drinks daily is more than that monthly allawe already.

To me its voluntary service, if FG cannot pay allawe as compensation for your voluntary services, then nothing to benefit from FG

governorWike should pay me my allawe now, Amaechi pay others, i see no reason why my own should be different.
Re: NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG by j4sure(m): 9:36pm On Aug 05, 2015
Noted
Re: NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG by Lobolintin(m): 9:41pm On Aug 05, 2015
After unah don force one year for my life Abi....
Re: NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 05, 2015
Funbii:
Good... Now I can put that one year into better input

One year is enough for us to make babies
Re: NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG by 1stdammy: 9:47pm On Aug 05, 2015
mecuzee:
So it's now voluntary to earn about 50k monthly for graduates that are mostly jobless? Interesting!
50k Who's paying that??.............
Re: NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG by TI1919(m): 9:56pm On Aug 05, 2015
Re: NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG by Asiri1991: 9:57pm On Aug 05, 2015
At least the number of ghost corps members will reduce here in Otuoke.
Re: NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 05, 2015
Going by the comments on social media, the scheme was and is a failure. Conscience is an open wound, only the truth can heal it.
Re: NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG by Venom104: 9:59pm On Aug 05, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Where in KD did you serve??
Re: NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG by 4everGrand(m): 10:08pm On Aug 05, 2015
Nigeria is still together simply because of NYSC, whether u choose to believe or not.

But thinking an individual would opt for partaking in the youth Service when he's got a choice not to is very laughable. It should be compulsory but the conditions should be made better with the inherent corruption reduced to the barest minimum - esp as per the kits.

1 Like

Re: NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG by tundeeyis: 10:11pm On Aug 05, 2015
Hmmmm......the government can't afford the cash anymore..... Na wa o
Re: NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG by 4everGrand(m): 10:12pm On Aug 05, 2015
bigerboy200:
good move...NYSC is just a waste of time....95% of corpers just end up bleeping demselves for gud one year....after that,all depart to face d real world....

This stat originated from ur head right? The one in between ur legs. Why did u leave out the remaining 5%?
Re: NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG by shut(f): 10:14pm On Aug 05, 2015
now this is good news,I've been thinking of subtle ways to skip this stuff but it seem the Goliath is already handling itself cheesy
Re: NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 05, 2015
2dillu2:
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/187898-nysc-may-soon-be-voluntary-dg.html

Your excellency, respectfully, I know you read this forum or people that have your ears read it.

More youths and the general population would travel more around Nigeria if there is security and good transportation infrastructure in the country.

We shouldn't have to force our youths to travel the country, they should do it willingly to learn about our differing cultures which makes up Nigeria.

May you live and lead long Sir.
Re: NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG by Abdhool(m): 10:18pm On Aug 05, 2015
3Dimension:
This is welcome development. The advantages of such move are enormous,

1. It reduces the overhead cost spent by the government in running the scheme.

2. It eradicates (reduce to a minimum level ) 'ghost corper'

3. True test of Patriotism.

4. The Scheme can be more focused and not have many bandwagons to cater for.

i cant continue to list them.

I wish this happened before i served.

5. It will reduce periodic loss of dream-filled lives
Re: NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG by sasquareT(m): 10:19pm On Aug 05, 2015
teeowl:
I support this.
What the you support bros, the heading or what it contained?.
Because there is a contradiction between the Topic and the message it contain.
Read through abeg
Re: NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG by 4everGrand(m): 10:19pm On Aug 05, 2015
Sweetlemon:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It shouldn't be scrapped or made voluntary. It should just be reformed and allowance should be increased.

Honestly, if I hadn't served in Kaduna I would still still all Northerners are Muslim, violent, uneducated, etc.
My youth service exposed me to a lot and I pray more people have that experience. It's really important for our unity and stability. As long as you go with an open mind, you will learn a lot more than you could ever learn in a life time.

But I would have be surprised if baba made it "voluntary". He is a firm believer in national unity and watch this space, he is going to even add more youth programs to facilitate this.

Sweetlemon come and take a hug. Honestly, I love this ur contribution. Well said, spoke my mind. God bless those who think well.

I would say it that God used and is using NYSC to hold Naija together. I'm a southerner but served in Taraba n I had only heard anything worthwhile about TR only in state and capital recitations.

Wa gbayi jare, babe.

1 Like

Re: NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG by shut(f): 10:21pm On Aug 05, 2015
OLeiNads:
NO NEED TO SERVE NGERIA WITH ALL MY STRENGHT BE THAT O grin grin grin

cheesy
Re: NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG by mmmustapha(m): 10:21pm On Aug 05, 2015
my fellow youth corpers I beg I have not receive my monthly payment alart, what's the problem
Re: NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG by bejeria101(m): 10:23pm On Aug 05, 2015
Is that so? Isnt it in your law,without nysc,no job,u cant vie for political office etc. Make una talk true
Re: NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG by dearestsewa(f): 10:27pm On Aug 05, 2015
Some pple no go fit meet their future husband/wife again o.
Re: NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG by chuose: 10:28pm On Aug 05, 2015
[color=#000099]NATIONAL UNITY & INTERGRATION MY FOOT.

GMB FORMS A GOVT WITHOUT THE SOUTH EAST AND SOUTH-SOUTH
[/color]
Re: NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG by Maxcollins042(m): 10:36pm On Aug 05, 2015
Did he say "may be voluntary?",from what PMB is saying i think this "may be voluntary" won't be in the nearest future and some are already making fuss out of it,even if it's voluntary,there are lot of youths out there who wish to put on that khaki outfit and serve their fatherland.
Re: NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG by Maxcollins042(m): 10:37pm On Aug 05, 2015
mmmustapha:
my fellow youth corpers I beg I have not receive my monthly payment alart, what's the problem
What's your state of deployment?
Re: NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG by mashnino(m): 10:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
PrinceNN:
long awaited... no right thinking graduate will volunteer to while away 1 year, while risking their lives undecided

My brother i tell you...

u no fit work because u never get NYSC cert..

see me for house dey wait for posting.. just do small small work to hold body

plz make dem implement before the next batch go abeg..

Becaus i sure aint going at all...
Re: NYSC May Soon Be Voluntary DG by khaynoni(m): 10:57pm On Aug 05, 2015
sigiyaya:
Corpers and the NYSC officials who enjoy camp pass
All the money government pump it to the scheme
Even foodstuffs denoted by Government and NGOs na una de chop.
During my days in camp i saw more than 20 big cows but throughout my stay in camp i saw no meat
in my food or even the test of it, the worst part of it is that we witness when these cows are been slaughtered.
Some of you will steal it and still sell it back to the corpers at an alarming price at the mami market
All the fine girls weh come camp soldiers no go gree make them rest, while there are needed most
at North East they will be a NYSC camp dealing with female corpers one after the other(trust girls)

With all these and more, if NYSC is scrapped who will lose grin grin grin

Let me stop here for now grin Make I run comot before them kom break bottle for my head.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant / Anambra Corper, Jenyo Ojo, Dies A Month To Passing Out - Pictures / Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.