Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,801 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Things You Need To Vaccinate Your Pupps Youself - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Things You Need To Vaccinate Your Pupps Youself (4293 Views)

Female Rot Pupps Within Lagos For Sale / Why Vaccinate My Dog - Pet Vaccination Explained / Why Must You Vaccinate Your Pet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Need To Vaccinate Your Pupps Youself by princemorufu007(m): 12:08am On Aug 06, 2015
well I create this topic so we can be able to help or assist each other on how to Vaccinate our dog/ Pupps by ourself...

Pls share what you know about Dog vaccination on this topic thanks...

1 Like

Re: Things You Need To Vaccinate Your Pupps Youself by GRACEGLORY: 10:38am On Aug 06, 2015
I've wondered if I could vaccinate them myself you know, as vets are far from here.
Re: Things You Need To Vaccinate Your Pupps Youself by yudeeboi(m): 10:49am On Aug 06, 2015
Except u want to murder them That's the work of vet Even pros like prodeegee never talk it
Re: Things You Need To Vaccinate Your Pupps Youself by Prodeegee(m): 11:39am On Aug 06, 2015
grin *CLAPPING HANDS*
Re: Things You Need To Vaccinate Your Pupps Youself by xreal: 12:40pm On Aug 06, 2015
yudeeboi:
Except u want to murder them
That's the work of vet
Even pros like prodeegee never talk it

I hate to see commennts like yours.
If you have been made to believe that you can't do something- and you accept; that doesn't mean others can't.

Even Prodeegee can never say he doesn't vaccinate his pets himself.

@ topic,
we all know it's achievable. Say No to pessimists.

6 Likes

Re: Things You Need To Vaccinate Your Pupps Youself by Prodeegee(m): 2:15pm On Aug 06, 2015
xreal:

If you have been made to believe that you can't do something- and you accept; that doesn't mean others can't.

@ topic,

do you vaccinate your dogs yourself?
Re: Things You Need To Vaccinate Your Pupps Youself by xreal: 3:27pm On Aug 06, 2015
Prodeegee:
do you vaccinate your dogs yourself?

yes I do.

1 Like

Re: Things You Need To Vaccinate Your Pupps Youself by wunmi590(m): 5:38pm On Aug 06, 2015
@xreal, when did you become a vet doctor? Even my cousin's husband who is a medical doctor said he has never vaccinated his dog before, he said he use to take them to the vet, because their work is different.
Re: Things You Need To Vaccinate Your Pupps Youself by DocAdray(f): 8:00pm On Aug 06, 2015
OP, why not let those trained for a particular art to do their jobs.
A client of mine once called me to miraculously 'heal' his puppy's left hindlimb because he administered a vaccine wrongly, he struck a nerve while injecting and till today the dog is partially paralyzed.
You could even give it through the wrong route or site which can be detrimental.

A word they say...

2 Likes

Re: Things You Need To Vaccinate Your Pupps Youself by GRACEGLORY: 8:48pm On Aug 06, 2015
DocAdray:
OP, why not let those trained for a particular art to do their jobs.
A client of mine once called me to miraculously 'heal' his puppy's left hindlimb because he administered a vaccine wrongly, he struck a nerve while injecting and till today the dog is partially paralyzed.
You could even give it through the wrong route or site which can be detrimental.

A word they say...

Now, I agree.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Need To Vaccinate Your Pupps Youself by uchpanila(m): 8:51pm On Aug 06, 2015
xreal:

yes I do.

If you do, do on your own don't advice people to do as you did. why not leave it for people that are trained to do that. Some Nigerian s sha

1 Like

Re: Things You Need To Vaccinate Your Pupps Youself by Prodeegee(m): 12:42am On Aug 07, 2015
xreal:

yes I do.
so why not tell the op how you do this? Easy isn't it?

Y'all just think we're trying to pushh people away From doing certain things for no reason.

Why not leave the vets to vaccinate? Who even told you you're doing it right. Let those in the field handle it. And if you know how to, you'd know it's a risk.
Re: Things You Need To Vaccinate Your Pupps Youself by xreal: 8:20am On Aug 07, 2015
uchpanila:

If you do, do on your own don't advice people to do as you did. why not leave it for people that are trained to do that . Some Nigerian s sha

Do you employ a cook to take responsibilities for your 3-square meals?

Do you employ a mechanical engineer just to change the plugs of your vehicles?

There are some basic things that can be learnt; that's the essence of basic education.

I never said I perform surgical operations on my dogs, however, if I have the opportunity to witness-closely such surgical session(s), I will learn by asking questions and read more about it, hence, might perform one someday.

I hate pretence; early this week there was a pic of a 'petlander' vaccinating his puppies. Why didn't any of you question his action?

make I no vex for una this morning

wunmi590:
@xreal, when did you become a vet doctor? Even my cousin's husband who is a medical doctor said he has never vaccinated his dog before, he said he use to take them to the vet, because their work is different.

4 Likes

Re: Things You Need To Vaccinate Your Pupps Youself by Prodeegee(m): 8:24am On Aug 07, 2015
xreal:

Do you employ a cook to take responsibilities for your 3-square meals?

Do you employ a mechanical engineer just to change the plugs of your vehicles?

There are some basic things that can be learnt; that's the essence of basic education.

I never said I perform surgical operations on my dogs, however, if I have the opportunity to witness-closely such surgical session(s), I will learn by asking questions and read more about it, hence, might perform one someday.

I hate pretence; early this week there was a pic of a 'petlander' vaccinating his puppies. Why didn't any of you question his action?

make I no vex for una this morning

oya come begin dey vex o

Vaccination isn't "just changing car plugs"

If you do it wrong you could kill d dog.
Re: Things You Need To Vaccinate Your Pupps Youself by xreal: 8:27am On Aug 07, 2015
Prodeegee:
oya come begin dey vex o

Then learn to do it right.

No crime in learning.
Re: Things You Need To Vaccinate Your Pupps Youself by mystery1979: 8:51am On Aug 07, 2015
Prodeegee:
oya come begin dey vex o

lets not get things twisted,vaccination is not all about injecting as many will think,some are done using drugs, eg..deworming.some persons go to the pet shop,buy drugs and deworm their pets by themselves.lets not forget that deworming is also vaccinating your dog against worms.
Re: Things You Need To Vaccinate Your Pupps Youself by Godspearl(f): 11:15am On Aug 07, 2015
Hmm.vaccination is different from deworming.Think of vaccine failure and vaccine break.
When the problem start they quickly blaim the vet,
Vaccine is meant to be handled by a registered veterinarian.
Re: Things You Need To Vaccinate Your Pupps Youself by uchpanila(m): 11:33am On Aug 07, 2015
xreal:

Then learn to do it right.
No crime in learning.
Too bad
#IGNORANCE

1 Like

Re: Things You Need To Vaccinate Your Pupps Youself by mystery1979: 12:07pm On Aug 07, 2015
Godspearl:
Hmm.vaccination is different from deworming.Think of vaccine failure and vaccine break.
When the problem start they quickly blaim the vet,
Vaccine is meant to be handled by a registered veterinarian.
you are right,i was just using deworming to buttress my point.but medically,some vaccines can also b given tru d mouth.
Re: Things You Need To Vaccinate Your Pupps Youself by chucky234(m): 1:27pm On Aug 07, 2015
uchpanila:

Too bad
#IGNORANCE
Triple ignorance sef

1 Like

Re: Things You Need To Vaccinate Your Pupps Youself by yudeeboi(m): 1:38pm On Aug 07, 2015
xreal:

@ topic,

If its that simple why aren't u a doctor now
Atleast u've seen doctors injecting ppl since ur childhood!
You think u can/ are injecting them the right way cos ur vet are doing it effortlessly ryt?
Or the dog's life means nothing to you should error occur ryt?

#OverSabiKillsFasterThanAids

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things You Need To Vaccinate Your Pupps Youself by princemorufu007(m): 10:33pm On Aug 07, 2015
...am sure no one is ready to kill his/her Dog ... so say "NO" To Self Vaccination" ... Save a Dog Life!
Re: Things You Need To Vaccinate Your Pupps Youself by Machiny: 4:36pm On Aug 08, 2015
Didn't want to coment at 1st.but reading the attack on the guy that vacinates his dog i had to...the vet doctors were not born doctors.they learnt taking care of dogs.so a dog lover can learn the basic things like vacination...my rottweiler then puppy got so sick that she eats and throwup imediately she manage to..took her to my vet for 1wk,everyday she was bn injected but no sign of getting better.Then I went to another vet, dsame thing.went to another dsame thing .and another dsame thing.making it 4 different doctors.al these hapend within 1month.each doctor taking up to a wk...on my way from the last vet, I stopped @ a vet shop to get feed for her.there a dog lover saw her and asked what's wrong with her because she was adorable.after I narated the story, then he said animal systems are just like that of humans..thesame illment thesame drugs,just the dose diference...so he said I shld use tetracycline.which I retired to using 1 capsule morning and 1 evening.in a 3dys my dog was good to go...I traced the guy to say thank you.since then he has been the person taking care of my dog..So my conclusion is if you can vacinate your dog go on..trained doc still operate on humans and they die

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Need To Vaccinate Your Pupps Youself by uchpanila(m): 5:56pm On Aug 08, 2015
Machiny:
Didn't want to coment at 1st.but reading the attack on the guy that vacinates his dog i had to...the vet doctors were not born doctors.they learnt taking care of dogs.so a dog lover can learn the basic things like vacination...my rottweiler then puppy got so sick that she eats and throwup imediately she manage to..took her to my vet for 1wk,everyday she was bn injected but no sign of getting better.Then I went to another vet, dsame thing.went to another dsame thing .and another dsame thing.making it 4 different doctors.al these hapend within 1month.each doctor taking up to a wk...on my way from the last vet, I stopped @ a vet shop to get feed for her.there a dog lover saw her and asked what's wrong with her because she was adorable.after I narated the story, then he said animal systems are just like that of humans..thesame illment thesame drugs,just the dose diference...so he said I shld use tetracycline.which I retired to using 1 capsule morning and 1 evening.in a 3dys my dog was good to go...I traced the guy to say thank you.since then he has been the person taking care of my dog..So my conclusion is if you can vacinate your dog go on..trained doc still operate on humans and they die

why not leave visiting the hospital anytime you or any family member is sick, try look for a friend that has same Idea. you saying this because you still see them as animals, besides we are talking of injecting, maybe you should learn and do like your friend

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things You Need To Vaccinate Your Pupps Youself by Machiny: 7:32pm On Aug 08, 2015
uchpanila:

why not leave visiting the hospital anytime you or any family member is sick, try look for a friend that has same Idea. you saying this because you still see them as animals, besides we are talking of injecting, maybe you should learn and do like your friend
bro even human fall under mammal as animal.so dog too is an animal...have you taken your dog to a vet hospital before?...its not by just loving them.How much are you willing to spend on your pet?...if I don't love my dog won't be taking her to diferent vets.you cld estimate how much treatment for 1wk wld cost multiply by 4wks.I doubt if you wld go that lenght.my point is they failed me even as I went to them.some pple prefer going to church than going to the hospital.So you do wht works for you

2 Likes

Re: Things You Need To Vaccinate Your Pupps Youself by nickyvil: 7:32pm On Aug 08, 2015
Machiny:

I don't want to make any comment but reading this I have to make my own comment, well it's good to learn/give first aids but vaccination is not part of first aid. If you get it wrong and there is no anti-shock, your pet might suffer anaphylactic and not survived. You can google (anaphylactic). Your dog might be infected with fibromas improper of handling syrings, have this in mind that the vaccine is very sensitive and have to be kept cool at all time cos if it's left unrefrigerator for too long or expired it might not be affective. I have a lot to say but lemme just stop here. It's easy to give the vaccination at the same time easy to kill your pet so you either choose to value your pet's life or careless but if you can't give your best to your pet then your not worthy to have one. Can you call your friend to give you injection?

1 Like

Re: Things You Need To Vaccinate Your Pupps Youself by nickyvil: 7:42pm On Aug 08, 2015
Machiny:
bro even human fall under mammal as animal.so dog too is an animal...have you taken your dog to a vet hospital before?...its not by just loving them.How much are you willing to spend on your pet?...if I don't love my dog won't be taking her to diferent vets.you cld estimate how much treatment for 1wk wld cost multiply by 4wks.I doubt if you wld go that lenght.my point is they failed me even as I went to them.some pple prefer going to church than going to the hospital.So you do wht works for you

I do understand you so much bro and I feel you but the truth is some of the practicing vet here in nigeria are not that good they can not even tell/administered/treat common ailment in an animal talk less of detecting and treating parvovirus. Due to distant a friend of mine call on a vet to treat his pet funny thing the vet was deworming a dog that already down with parvovirus so when I got there I was ashamed n disappointed had to treat but still cover up the vet. I called him later and explained things to him. Please when it comes to injection go to the nearest clinics. I can treat human beings but I've never tried it. I direct them to go to the clinics

2 Likes

Re: Things You Need To Vaccinate Your Pupps Youself by Machiny: 7:48pm On Aug 08, 2015
nickyvil:

I don't want to make any comment but reading this I have to make my own comment, well it's good to learn/give first aids but vaccination is not part of first aid. If you get it wrong and there is no anti-shock, your pet might suffer anaphylactic and not survived. You can google (anaphylactic). Your dog might be infected with fibromas improper of handling syrings, have this in mind that the vaccine is very sensitive and have to be kept cool at all time cos if it's left unrefrigerator for too long or expired it might not be affective. I have a lot to say but lemme just stop here. It's easy to give the vaccination at the same time easy to kill your pet so you either choose to value your pet's life or careless but if you can't give your best to your pet then your not worthy to have one. Can you call your friend to give you injection?
hope you kn diabetis patients inject theirselves ? And they are not doctors...as I said earlier if you are experienced why can't you do it?
Re: Things You Need To Vaccinate Your Pupps Youself by nickyvil: 7:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
Machiny:
hope you kn diabetis patients inject theirselves ? And they are not doctors...as I said earlier if you are experienced why can't you do it?

Go ahead do it your own way it's cool
Re: Things You Need To Vaccinate Your Pupps Youself by uchpanila(m): 9:59pm On Aug 08, 2015
Machiny:

I get your point, the question is ....are they vets or people posing as vets, we have chemists shops and drugs shops in the market where you see people that will prescribe for you can you compare them with hospital . Pls make sur you get a good vet or better still visit a vet clinic

(1) (2) (Reply)

My 7months Female Lhasa Apso Is Bleeding....help / Check Out The most Beautiful Horse In The World / Juno (Female Rott Mastiff) and Venus (Female NSD) (Brief Diary) +pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.