Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

When Will Teachers in Nigeria Earn Something Like This? (snapshot) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will Teachers in Nigeria Earn Something Like This? (snapshot) (1575 Views)

Fayose Ties Wrapper To Present Car Keys To Best Teachers In Ekiti / Fayose Gives Cash And Cars To Teachers In Ekiti (Photos) / Fayose Presents Car Gifts To Teachers In Appreciation For Their Hard Works (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will Teachers in Nigeria Earn Something Like This? (snapshot) by Nobody: 1:47am On Aug 06, 2015
Got this online and was just wondering if teachers in Nigeria will ever get such pay.

Even at 200 @ $1, $30,000 annually will amount to = N6,000,000

6,000,000 divide by 12 Months = N500,000 as a Monthly starting salary for teachers. Hmmmmmm

We pray God see us through.

Let's now compare these figures below.

God bless Nigeria

Source: http://newsok.com/article/5438081?utm_source=NewsOK.com&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=NIC-Facebook

See my signature too. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: When Will Teachers in Nigeria Earn Something Like This? (snapshot) by ladyF(f): 1:55am On Aug 06, 2015
Soon
Re: When Will Teachers in Nigeria Earn Something Like This? (snapshot) by nerodenero: 2:08am On Aug 06, 2015
A teacher teaches people and most of these people become successful and yet most teachers still live in Poor very. That's the Nigerian story undecided.
Re: When Will Teachers in Nigeria Earn Something Like This? (snapshot) by akpanikpe(m): 2:39am On Aug 06, 2015
When bros (PMB) successfully convert N1 to $1sure, it's possible for our teachers to earn such.

2 Likes

Re: When Will Teachers in Nigeria Earn Something Like This? (snapshot) by Vicadonis(m): 2:53am On Aug 06, 2015
When they get to heaven... Their reward is up there
Re: When Will Teachers in Nigeria Earn Something Like This? (snapshot) by Nobody: 3:02am On Aug 06, 2015
@Op, let me quickly remind you that in the US, jumbo pay goes with jumbo taxes and depending on how extragavant or how prudent you are in spending, it may go with jumbo bills also.

Besides $30k is too poor as salary in states like California where house bills are so high.

Believe me, some Nigerians in the states get paid above 50k salaries and yet are bankrupt everytime.

So paying huge salaries is not the solution but making the naira valuable is the key.

4 Likes

Re: When Will Teachers in Nigeria Earn Something Like This? (snapshot) by DankemzI(m): 3:06am On Aug 06, 2015
Nigeria is capable of doing this, but corruption
Re: When Will Teachers in Nigeria Earn Something Like This? (snapshot) by ayindejimmy(m): 3:14am On Aug 06, 2015
IdiAmin1:
@Op, let me quickly remind you that in the US, jumbo pay goes with jumbo taxes and depending on how extragavant or how prudent you are in spending, it may go with jumbo bills also.

Besides $30k is too poor as salary in states like California where house bills are so high.

Believe me, some Nigerians in the states get paid above 50k salaries and yet are bankrupt everytime.

So paying huge salaries is not the solution but making the naira valuable is the key.

California does not pay teachers $30k
Right now in Nigeria Teachers earn very little but buy in the same market as everyone.
When the naira appreciate they're still going to buy from that same market
They can't buy beyond what they earn.

What they actually need is to have a higher purchasing power like every other noble professions.
If you asked them to get their reward in heaven our children might as well get their education there.

2 Likes

Re: When Will Teachers in Nigeria Earn Something Like This? (snapshot) by naijainfogalery: 5:59am On Aug 06, 2015
The day that out gpvt takes teachers seriously , the day that only first class and second people are the ones that teaches not the people that are just into the profession cos they didn't get a job,

Same applies to police
Re: When Will Teachers in Nigeria Earn Something Like This? (snapshot) by babyfaceafrica: 6:27am On Aug 06, 2015
IdiAmin1:

maybe you are right that the value of nairra must be good,but teachers salary is too low in this country,they need to start earning as much doctors and lawyers..in my own opinion they are on the same level..if not higher,all in all,the economy of the nation must improve greatly before we can reach that level!
Re: When Will Teachers in Nigeria Earn Something Like This? (snapshot) by AgentOfAllah: 6:31am On Aug 06, 2015
OP, it might be more useful to compare the pays with the cost of living. Although, I definitely do agree with you that the welfare of Nigerian teachers does need to improve.
Re: When Will Teachers in Nigeria Earn Something Like This? (snapshot) by Nobody: 7:13am On Aug 06, 2015
AgentOfAllah:
OP, it might be more useful to compare the pays with the cost of living. Although, I definitely do agree with you that the welfare of Nigerian teachers does need to improve.
Sure
Re: When Will Teachers in Nigeria Earn Something Like This? (snapshot) by Nobody: 7:14am On Aug 06, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
maybe you are right that the value of nairra must be good,but teachers salary is too low in this country,they need to start earning as much doctors and lawyers..in my own opinion they are on the same level..if not higher,all in all,the economy of the nation must improve greatly before we can reach that level!
Good point here
Re: When Will Teachers in Nigeria Earn Something Like This? (snapshot) by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 06, 2015
naijainfogalery:
The day that out gpvt takes teachers seriously , the day that only first class and second people are the ones that teaches not the people that are just into the profession cos they didn't get a job,

Same applies to police
Very good points

1 Like

Re: When Will Teachers in Nigeria Earn Something Like This? (snapshot) by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 06, 2015
ishilove
lalasticlala
obinoscopy
Re: When Will Teachers in Nigeria Earn Something Like This? (snapshot) by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 07, 2015
ladyF:
Soon
Amen!

(1) (Reply)

Shekau Would Have Still Be Alive If Buhari Had Lost 2015 Election / PMB Introduces Himself. The Best Intro I've Ever Heard / Stunning Pics Of The Vps's Wife Mrs Osinbajo And Mrs Oshiomole At A UN Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.