Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community (2331 Views)

Alleged Ipob Members Attack Anambra Governorship Candidate In Church / More People 'burned To Death In Homes' By South Sudan's Government Militias - AI / FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community by Iykopee(m): 6:38am On Aug 06, 2015
By Vincent Ujumadu Awka—TWO persons were beheaded at Eziagulu Otu, near the embattled Orient Petroleum Resources Ltd in Anambra East Local Government Area yesterday by armed men suspected to be from Ibaji in Kogi State, who allegedly attacked the people in their farms. Four others, who sustained injuries have been admitted at a private hospital in Onitsha. The attack came barely 24 hours after members of Board of Directors of Orient Petroleum informed Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State, during a visit, that the company had acquired two new wells in Aguleri and would increase its crude oil production to 3,000 barrels per day in September. Vanguard gathered that the attackers, who were armed to the teeth, took the farmers unawares and as many of them ran into the river, the attackers caught six of them, killing two and injuring four. As the news of the attack reached the people of Aguleri in the upland, all those whose relations went to farm became worried. Shortly after, the victims were brought him. At press time, it could not be ascertained if some people in the area were still missing. SOS One of the distress messages sent to Vanguard during the attack read: “Information reaching our town indicates that Kogi people are attacking Eziagulu Otu and Enugu Otu in several groups and are about to overrun the area and the oil field facilities there.” Another message from the President General of Aguleri read: “Eziagulu Otu is currently under siege by our Kogi neighbours. “I am informed that serious fighting is going on and casualties have been recorded. We are at a disadvantage under their superior fire power. The situation is bad.” Anambra State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Hosea Karma, confirmed the incident, saying his men and the Kogi State Police Command had stepped in to stop further clash.

Source vanguard news
Re: Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community by Oche211(m): 6:39am On Aug 06, 2015
K
Re: Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community by kossyablaze(m): 6:42am On Aug 06, 2015
Nawa o

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community by paramedic: 6:46am On Aug 06, 2015
So nothing like peaceful coexistence in Nigeria anymore??

And what has the Nigerian Boundary Commission doing since 2012 to address this boundary issues and sort things out btw this two states??

Wishing the injured quick recovery
&
RIP to the Dead!!!!

MAY GOD BRING PEACE TO OUR COUNTRY IJN

1 Like

Re: Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community by Nobody: 6:47am On Aug 06, 2015
this is no longer acceptable in Biafra..

2 Likes

Re: Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community by sentaljohn(m): 6:48am On Aug 06, 2015
another insurgence..i taya oo
Re: Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community by asha80(m): 6:51am On Aug 06, 2015
BADNEAT:
this is no longer acceptable in Biafra..
when did you start chanting Biafra?
Re: Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community by onomeasike: 6:58am On Aug 06, 2015
I saw this coming since Anambra govt insisted on claiming that the oil belongs to Orient only

3 Likes

Re: Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 06, 2015
asha80:
when did you start chanting Biafra?
since an elected president travelled to the most powerful country in the world and threw *one Nigeria to the winds and divided us into 97% and 5%, being two sections of the country he'll treat differently!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community by azimibraun: 7:00am On Aug 06, 2015
Armed Kogi Militants.... and you are happy making it sound as if it's some Boko, ISIS or Al shabaab stuff? Anarchists and Alarmists are fast multiplying in Nigeria. No level of evil or atrocity to a fellow Man is acceptable but not all reports of misunderstanding between Neigbour should be reported with EXAGGERATION to attract sympathy. People who live far away from Kogi will begin to have a different mental picture from what is realy real. They are no Militants both from the igbo area and the Kogi area. Both peoples are folks who have lived side by side foe years and the Elites suddenly played smart on each other and dragged these peaceful neighbors into it and dividing them. The word " Militant" does not arise in this issue pls. "Militancy" is deeper than a group of friends feeling aggrieved and protesting.

2 Likes

Re: Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community by asha80(m): 7:02am On Aug 06, 2015
BADNEAT:
since an elected president travelled to the most powerful country in the world and threw *one Nigeria to the winds and divided us into 97% and 5%, being two sections of the country he'll treat differently!!!!!
I guess this your Biafra is not from the heart..if Ihedioha had worn you probably would not even touch bifra with a pole

2 Likes

Re: Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community by omowolewa: 7:06am On Aug 06, 2015
Not this time please!
Re: Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community by Philistine(m): 7:15am On Aug 06, 2015
This Biafrans cannot even confront ordinary armed kogi militias,yet they want to go to war with the whole of Nigeria. Empty Chest Beaters!

8 Likes

Re: Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 06, 2015
Na our Oyel, Na our Oyel. See were e com land us.

Oyel?? Curse ni ko Blessing ne lipsrsealed lipsrsealed shocked

2 Likes

Re: Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community by azimibraun: 7:17am On Aug 06, 2015
I still believe that "Junk Journalism" and the "First to Report" journalism gave Boko Haram the balls to grow this big. Unfortunately also competition in the western media has also affected reportage from them. The Media is a huge business and false and Bad news sells faster so we may have to live with this "Exaggeration" of events for a while. To be honest; are there militants in the Anambra and Kogi state? Before you know it now, Both folks from Anambra and the Kogi end will feel like some "Superstars" and will now go into the "Militancy" you are forcing them to go into that they are not even aware of. A band of thugs or some stubborn boys cannot just be qualified as "Militants" so easily.

2 Likes

Re: Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community by Nobody: 7:18am On Aug 06, 2015
Philistine:
This Biafrans cannot even confront ordinary armed kogi militias,yet they want to go to war with the whole of Nigeria. Empty Chest Beaters!

Many are mad few are roaming grin
Re: Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community by omoelesa(m): 7:19am On Aug 06, 2015
Kogite,why are u people marginalizing and victimazing our biafrans, when u all know they are endanger species.

4 Likes

Re: Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community by Ikegift4real(m): 7:21am On Aug 06, 2015
police should swing in to avoid represals.
Re: Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community by bewla(m): 7:25am On Aug 06, 2015
i taya for my people
Re: Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 06, 2015
Philistine:

I no get say for you.
Re: Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community by cheruv: 7:28am On Aug 06, 2015
I'd blame those Igbo communities attacked for folding their hands and watch riffraffs slaughter them with impunity

2 Likes

Re: Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 06, 2015
asha80:
I guess this your Biafra is not from the heart..if Ihedioha had worn you probably would not even touch bifra with a pole
what has Ihedioha got to do with those that were killed in anambratrust me if Ihedioha had won and that statement made by PMB,we would have had condemnations from him which would have compelled the president to retract his statement and apologise...what we have today is a governor who dances the tunes of PMB and his co oppressors...hence with Ihedioha as governor a synergy would have been formed in the east with the current situation of things in the country to seek diplomatic means of freeing our people from this slavery that has been pronounced by PMB @97 n 5%
Re: Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community by asha80(m): 7:32am On Aug 06, 2015
BADNEAT:
what has Ihedioha got to do with those that were killed in anambratrust me if Ihedioha had won and that statement made by PMB,we would have had condemnations from him which would have compelled the president to retract his statement and apologise...what we have today is a governor who dances the tunes of PMB and his co oppressors...hence with Ihedioha as governor a synergy would have been formed in the east with the current situation of things in the country to seek diplomatic means of freeing our people from this slavery that has been pronounced by PMB @97 n 5%
you must be living in lalaland if you think for once Ihedioha would interested in Biafra instead of the next political office he can hold

1 Like

Re: Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 06, 2015
asha80:
you must be living in lalaland if you think for once Ihedioha would interested in Biafra instead of the next political office he can hold
you misconstrue my statement, we would have had an igbo leader in Ihedioha, rather than the hausa/fulani ruler we have in Rochas...SIMPLE!!!!!
Re: Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community by UncleJudax(m): 7:42am On Aug 06, 2015
onomeasike:
I saw this coming since Anambra govt insisted on claiming that the oil belongs to Orient only
So, how does killing people in their farm justify anything?
Why do you guys reason with your spleen?

3 Likes

Re: Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community by CreampieAngela(f): 7:50am On Aug 06, 2015
The disputed territory where the Oil wells are situated belong to the Igala people of Kogi state. Anambra has got no oil, they are land grabbers, they cannot intimidate the Igala's with their population and Ogwu Ego

7 Likes

Re: Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community by CreampieAngela(f): 7:52am On Aug 06, 2015
cheruv:
I'd blame those Igbo communities attacked for folding their hands and watch riffraffs slaughter them with impunity
why dont you tell namdi kanu and his IPOB terrorists to come fight in defence of their ibo brothers at anambra.

6 Likes

Re: Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 06, 2015
Philistine:

If u know who d people of Aguleri are, u will stop talking shiit.

2 Likes

Re: Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community by cheruv: 8:16am On Aug 06, 2015
CreampieAngela:
why dont you tell namdi kanu and his IPOB terrorists to come fight in defence of their ibo brothers at anambra.
I don't ve time for people who masturbate on anything Igbo undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community by omoelesa(m): 8:39am On Aug 06, 2015
Kogi-1 Biafra-0
Re: Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community by omoelesa(m): 8:44am On Aug 06, 2015
chuna1985:

If u know who d people of Aguleri are, u will stop talking shiit.
Boasting and chest beating dont win war.

3 Likes

Re: Armed Kogi Militias Attack Anambra Community by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 06, 2015
To my Anambra brothers, don't be surprised if these militants are not even Igalas per se. These are well trained militants sponsored by Hausas and especially Yorubas who don't want to see anything good happen in SE. I urge my brothers in Anambra to form an armed militia to defend their oil facilities and deal with this idiots. Have you noticed they always strike when oil production resumes or any announcement of increase in oil production? I trust people of Aguleri.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Hated People In Nigeria (2015) / Invasion Of Gbaramatu Kingdom An Act Of Cowardice – Niger Delta Avengers / Niger Delta Avengers, Keep Bombing, Don't Stop!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.