Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,654 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year (12462 Views)

GTBank Half Year Profit hit N100billion / GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year by Adesiji77: 8:59am On Aug 06, 2015
Zenith Bank’s half-year result will be prepared on the basis of a new financial reporting style recently approved by the bank’s board of directors, according to a source at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE).

The board which met last week, is said to have approved a new financial reporting policy, whereby the half-year result would be audited, contrary to past practices where only the full year result was audited before release.

It is believed that the new reporting style has already been forwarded to the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) for approval.

The market is already excited with the bank’s initiative, which some analysts describe as “a highly welcome development”.

Zenith Bank is reputed for consistent superior performance. The bank had grossed N403.4bn in earnings for the financial year 2014, with profit before tax at N119.80bn, while profit after tax stood at N99.46bn, making it the most profitable bank in the country.

The bank’s total asset stood at N3.76tn, with total shareholders’ funds of N552.64bn, again ranking the bank as the largest money deposit bank in Nigeria and the sixth largest in Africa by shareholders funds. Zenith paid dividend of N1.65 per share for the financial year 2014. The bank is noted for its strong asset quality with a non-performing loan ratio of 1.8%, which is one of the lowest in the industry.

The bank’s outstanding service delivery has won numerous international endorsements and awards, including Best Bank in Corporate Governance in Nigeria by Global Banking and Finance (2015), Best Customer Service Bank in Nigeria by Global Banking and Finance (2014) and the Most Customer-Focused Bank in Nigeria by KPMG (2014).

Zenith-Bank

Zenith Bank was recently certified by the British Standards Institution (BSI) on three key ISO (International Standards Organisation) standards namely; ISO22301(Business Continuity Management), 27001 (Information Security Management) and 20000 (IT Service Management).

By this feat, the bank joins a comity of other global brands with the highly-rated ISO certification; while remaining the first Nigerian organisation to have won the triple.

Peter Amangbo, Zenith’s group Managing Director/Chief Executive, said the honour stems from a resolve to deepen the customer experience through greater information security and an IT management system that emphasises the protection of the customer and his investments in an increasingly unpredictable business environment”.

http://businessdayonline.com/2015/08/zenith-bank-adopts-new-financial-reporting-style-for-half-year/#.VcMQ-PlViko lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year by Swaggzkid: 9:00am On Aug 06, 2015
Good step, I like the bank for Their solidarity

I use this opportunity to greet all the PDP faithful on NAIRALAND•• NASS and all over the world.

I know the DULLARDS will be hating tongue tongue tongue

#TeamPDP

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year by veekid(m): 9:17am On Aug 06, 2015
all these banks stories hitting front page this morning ehn?
Re: Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year by pasol4real(m): 9:17am On Aug 06, 2015
Noted
Re: Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year by Tonniey(m): 9:17am On Aug 06, 2015
ok
Re: Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year by NotNairalandi(m): 9:17am On Aug 06, 2015
Frontpage is my Identity!

I:e njiri mara onye! For those of you that understand pidgin Igbo!
Re: Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year by idongesit88: 9:18am On Aug 06, 2015
Good, tackle corruption
Re: Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year by ammyluv2002(f): 9:18am On Aug 06, 2015
I like Zenith bank

My bank & I

Good move

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year by chipzidar(f): 9:19am On Aug 06, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year by BrAkingNews: 9:19am On Aug 06, 2015
Re: Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year by charsobodo(m): 9:20am On Aug 06, 2015
Good for the banking industry, hope it stimulates growth.
Re: Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year by yorke1: 9:20am On Aug 06, 2015
I hate that bank. Always coming up with network issue.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year by Opiosko: 9:20am On Aug 06, 2015
wink
Re: Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year by MissEse: 9:20am On Aug 06, 2015
When they increase interest rate lemme know
Re: Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year by allanphash7(m): 9:20am On Aug 06, 2015
My bank and i is for FCMB while in your best interest is for Zenith bank
ammyluv2002:
I like Zenith bank

My bank & I

Good move

5 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year by damiloladuke: 9:21am On Aug 06, 2015
WIL THEY GIVE US PART OF THE CASH AS JOBLESS NIGERIANS?

CHECK MY SIGNATURE TO READ MY FUNNY SECRET DIARY
Re: Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year by Dindondin(m): 9:21am On Aug 06, 2015
ok
Re: Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year by henryutd(m): 9:21am On Aug 06, 2015
Nairalandi:
Good morning.
Re: Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year by henryutd(m): 9:22am On Aug 06, 2015
Nairalandi:
Good morning.
Re: Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year by henryutd(m): 9:22am On Aug 06, 2015
Nairalandi:
Good morning.
Re: Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year by NotNairalandi(m): 9:25am On Aug 06, 2015
henryutd:

Good morning.
Good morning brother Henry! How is ur ministry going.?
Re: Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year by ammyluv2002(f): 9:32am On Aug 06, 2015
allanphash7:
My bank and i is for FCMB while in your best interest is for Zenith bank
Bros, i know! You don't need to educate me....just borrowed it.

I like the slogan " My bank and I" " My Mum and I" so i use it most times to express my feeling
Re: Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year by steffans(m): 9:35am On Aug 06, 2015
GOOD FOR THEM tongue
Re: Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year by dabiko(m): 9:37am On Aug 06, 2015
I'm particularly impressed with their low NPL ratio. That shows they have quite a strong CRM system.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year by allanphash7(m): 9:38am On Aug 06, 2015
Omowe

Ko to ija now

Ha ba
ammyluv2002:
Bros, i know! You don't need to educate me....just borrowed it.

I like the slogan " My bank and I" " My Mum and I" so i use it most times to express my feeling

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year by kayo80(m): 9:38am On Aug 06, 2015
hmm! I didn't understand half of what I read in this post.
Re: Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year by ITSAWRAPP: 9:40am On Aug 06, 2015
Cool, that would reduce the time spent auditing the annual report since some of the audit procedures would have been done preceding the year end.

However, it will only ensure fraud, errors and omission are timely identified except that, there is really no other value added except to the shareholders though.

On a flip side, the cost of auditing the Financial Statements may increase as the exercise would be carried out twice in the year and the same audit procedures may have to be repeated i.e. double work.

Fellow Nairalanders, please check out our incredible offer below
Re: Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year by Boss13: 9:53am On Aug 06, 2015
ITSAWRAPP:
Cool, that would reduce the time spent auditing the annual report since some of the audit procedures would have been done preceding the year end.

However, it will only ensure fraud, errors and omission are timely identified except that, there is really no other value added except to the shareholders though.

On a flip side, the cost of auditing the Financial Statements may increase as the exercise would be carried out twice in the year and the same audit procedures may have to be repeat i.e. double work.

Well, more money for their auditors. To me, I just think this write up is a publicity stunt. When I saw new financial reporting style. I was wondering it IASB has issued a new financial reporting standards other than IAS or a new financial reporting framework. This is just publishing audited half year report, which is very good, enhances good corporate governance, reliability on the financial statements and complying with best international practice.

It is good they are taking the lead, other Banks will follow suit and probably, we will begin to have audited quarterly reports.
Re: Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year by ITSAWRAPP: 9:56am On Aug 06, 2015
Boss13:

Well, more money for their auditors. To me, I just think this write up is a publicity stunt. When I saw new financial reporting style. I was wondering it IASB has issued a new financial reporting standards other than IAS or a new financial reporting framework. This is just publishing audited half year report, which is very good, enhances good corporate governance, reliability on the financial statements and complying with best international practice.

It is good they are taking the lead, other Banks will follow suit and probably, we will begin to have audited quarterly reports.

As first I was scared like has the bank reverted to SAS? shocked...hahahha

Publicity stunt truly, anything to get the market buzzing and investors talking
Re: Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 06, 2015
ITSAWRAPP:

On a flip side, the cost of auditing the Financial Statements may increase as the exercise would be carried out twice in the year and the same audit procedures may have to be repeat i.e. double work.
Bros, you just said what was in my head. brilliant!
Re: Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 06, 2015
ammyluv2002:
I like Zenith bank
My bank & I
Good move
Yeah...Zenith has never given me stress since 2011

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gtbank Launches Gtpatriot, A Subsidized Banking Package For Nigeria’s Military / Naira Plunges To N390 Per Dollar On Parallel Market / How To Start Up A Tutorial Centre And Start Making Millions Of Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.