Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,981 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Free Vin Check (www.autocheck.com.ng) - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Free Vin Check (www.autocheck.com.ng) (19039 Views)

® ⬆️ ⬆️ Autocheck® Vehicle History Reports Powered By Experian. ⬇️ ⬇️ ® / Get Free Vin Check Contact +234-806-036-5068 / VIN Check: 1 Step You Must Never Skip Before You Buy A Car In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free Vin Check (www.autocheck.com.ng) by AUTOCHECKN: 2:34pm On Jul 26, 2016

Re: Free Vin Check (www.autocheck.com.ng) by AUTOCHECKN: 8:52am On Jul 28, 2016
The level of fraud in Nigeria Auto Market is unimaginable. In this post, I will like to address one of such common frauds - Odometer Rollover.
The authenticity of a vehicle mileage is an important part of importing, buying and selling a used vehicle. All types of vehicles are subject to odometer tampering, the reason for tempering is majorly to create a false impression of the cumulative distance traveled by the vehicle which has a direct bearing on the wear and tear of the vehicle

Every auto buyer will prefer to have a low mileage vehicle which suggest that the wear and tear is minimal hence are willing to pay an extra premium for such vehicle. Unfortunately, .the desire to make more money from auto buyers has led to the manipulation of odometer readings by auto dealers. It is very common to see 100,000 to 200,000 wiped off from actual odometer reading hence the need to carry out an investigation on the true value of a vehicle odometer reading.

So how can you know if the odometer has been tampered with or rolled over?

The easiest way to track this is by looking into the history of the vehicle, the mileage must have an incremental value hence current value must be higher than any previous value.Therefore it is highly important to get a Vehicle History Report (VHR) when purchasing a tokunbo vehicle or vehicle already used in Nigeria. Such Vehicle History Report will capture the last mileage on the vehicle prior to importing to Nigeria and this should always be less than any current value.

It is important to note that odometer tempering also take place in the developed world, however bench-marking the current reading with any historical value will reveal odometer manipulation.

I recently witnessed a situation where a 2008 Camry was placed on sale this July 2016 with cumulative odometer reading set at 91,554. The vehicle was properly re-sprayed and the dealer claimed the owner imported the vehicle into Nigeria in 2014 and only drives it on the island hence the reason for the clean status and low mileage.

Unfortunately, the odometer reading of this vehicle in October 2014 was 225,000 which gives a clear indication that over 200,000 has been wiped out. Therefore a Vehicle History Report is a must when buying any used vehicle be it tokunbo or Nigeria used.

Need more information, please email vins@autocheck.com.ng
www.autocheck.com.ng

Re: Free Vin Check (www.autocheck.com.ng) by AUTOCHECKN: 9:15pm On Jul 31, 2016
we don't just sell VHR to you, we help you to understand the content and assist in making informed judgement.

This is what set us apart since 2009.
Re: Free Vin Check (www.autocheck.com.ng) by AUTOCHECKN: 5:03am On Aug 02, 2016
Within the next two weeks, we shall be deploying 2 additional payments option for our international customers.

All you non nigeria payments will then be paid by paypal and visa international

If you are going to Cotonou,notify us and we will arrange a convenience way for you to do vehicle history reports lookup.

This is what sets us aside from all other competitors.

We surely create value for money
Re: Free Vin Check (www.autocheck.com.ng) by AUTOCHECKN: 6:13pm On Aug 02, 2016
We know you might not have access to wifi while in Cotonou doing your auto purchase.That is why you need to talk to us to arrange a workable plan that enable you to view reports to make informed judgement.

Talk to us today.
Re: Free Vin Check (www.autocheck.com.ng) by AUTOCHECKN: 10:44am On Aug 03, 2016
Remember to get your FREE VHR every Saturdays within the time frame stated in previous thread.We are committed to helping people avoid bad auto deals

1 Like

Re: Free Vin Check (www.autocheck.com.ng) by AUTOCHECKN: 6:14am On Aug 04, 2016
As an authority in the Auto History Reporting business, I will like to make some points clear.

I do not sell cars and I am not an auto agent therefore I will say things the way they are.

For every 10 tokunbo cars I QC, 8 are salvage.

Now is buying a Salvage car wrong?

I always tell my customers that if you must buy a salvage, you must buy it at the cost of a salvage. Cars are titled given the salvage title because they are more or less an insurance loss. Hence they are way cheaper than a clean vehicle and it is hard to benchmark such cars' prices since the cost depends on the degree of damages. A 2015 salvage Toyota Highlander can cost between 5000usd to 22000 usd depending on the degree of damage and the cost of repairing it.

A typical greedy dealer can buy this vehicle for 8000usd and and spend another 3000usd for repairs (which might not be professionally done) and he/she will want to sell the vehicle at the cost of a Clean Title vehicle that goes for about 25000 usd. Therefore what makes buying of salvage vehicles bad are over priced nature and poor asset resulting from bad works.

Therefore if you must buy salvage, please ensure you know that you are actually buying a salvage vehicle and pay the price of salvage.

Please note that Odometer rollover is a FRAUD.

Any dealer that sells an odometer tampered vehicle to you is committing a fraud and you should not do business with such dealer.

Now, if you are a dealer, it is your responsibility to carry out your due diligence. This is because I have seen many cases where even the concerned dealers were not aware of the tampered odometers.

Coming back to having a valid Vehicle History Report.

You can have the report and still get it wrong for the following reasons.

1. Your inability to understand the content of the report and read between lines. You will be amazed how lot of auto buyers wrongly interpret such reports.

2. The report you have is inconclusive. Yes, it is a valid report but it is inconclusive. People who always scout for FREE reports fall into this trap and I see this almost every day.

3. Your report comes from the dealer. Yes the dealer can give you an altered report. As a licensed web developer I can tell you that for free.

4. There are all sorts of providers of reports on the net, restrict yourself to only 2 (Carfax or Autocheck). Yes I know the others are way cheaper but you will be doing yourself more harm than good by using the cheap option.

Now to an experience I had 2 months back. Someone wanted to get a report from [url]autocheck.com.ng[/url] and he asked for half the price for a single report. I asked for the chassis number only to realize he is buying a 2012 range rover. I asked he was a dealer or a consumer. He said he purchasing it for personal use. I sent him the report for FREE but told him to give me a call after reading the report.

He already made up his mind to buy the vehicle based on what was written on the report. I called him up and took him through the content of the report and at the end, he saw the reason why he should not buy that particular vehicle.And I told him how it is wrong to want to buy a range with millions yet he cannot pay for a valuable report. So you get too cheap if you must buy a vehicle, otherwise you will make a wrong choice.

If you need more education on this, you can always whatsapp me. Find my contact details on autocheck.com.ng
Re: Free Vin Check (www.autocheck.com.ng) by AUTOCHECKN: 12:03pm On Aug 04, 2016
Talk to us to help you QC your planned auto purchase.

Getting a vehicle history report is one thing but knowing how to interpret the content s another thing entirely.

Let us help you on this
Re: Free Vin Check (www.autocheck.com.ng) by ariyoadegoke(m): 5:28pm On Aug 05, 2016
19VvA66225A050413 pls help me check d vin ariyoadegoke @gmail.com
Re: Free Vin Check (www.autocheck.com.ng) by AUTOCHECKN: 12:57pm On Aug 06, 2016
Pls people read the steps to requesting your report (both paid and unpaid)

We don't generate reports based on requests not made directly from www. autocheck. com. ng
Thanks
Re: Free Vin Check (www.autocheck.com.ng) by AUTOCHECKN: 11:14am On Aug 08, 2016
Again we will like to make it clear that it is to your advantage to review a VHR before buying even a Nigerian used car.

Know what you are buying so rust you can makes informed decision.

Ever seen a flooded vehicle?

Very easy to know, you will fixing one leaking part to another.

And don't just get a VHR, get an expert to interpreter it for you at no cost.
Re: Free Vin Check (www.autocheck.com.ng) by kton(m): 2:17pm On Aug 09, 2016
can you pls help with this
JMBLNN84WXZ0007

Thanks
Re: Free Vin Check (www.autocheck.com.ng) by AUTOCHECKN: 1:04am On Aug 10, 2016
I just had a funny experience.

A nairaland person called me and asked why he has to pay on autocheck.com.ng for a Vehicle History Report (VHR) he can get for free on the internet. He made lots of justification but I could not help his ignorance, hence I decided to show him how gullible he is by being cheap. So I asked him to run the report and send to me and I will pay him 5000 if he is able to provide the Free Report. He sent me the report and I generate mine and sent to him. Please see attached files. Both reports were generated almost at the same time but where as his shows zero accident , mine showed 1 accident. He would have ignorantly paid for the vehicle at a huge price by being cheap.

So he who has ears let him hear. There are countless supplier of vehicle history reports on the internet. If you are not getting a Carfax or an Autocheck report , you are so on your own.

Again the report alone is not enough, get US or an experienced person to interpret it for you. Enough of junk vehicle in Nigeria.

Re: Free Vin Check (www.autocheck.com.ng) by AUTOCHECKN: 4:25am On Aug 10, 2016
As earlier promised.

We now accept paypal on our platform www.autocheck.com.ng

To all our Non Nigerians visitors, please use our seemless paypal option.

We monitor IPs so avoid spamming us so that we don't bar you.

Re: Free Vin Check (www.autocheck.com.ng) by AUTOCHECKN: 8:40pm On Aug 10, 2016
As an authority in the Auto History Reporting business, I will like to make some points clear.

I do not sell cars and I am not an auto agent therefore I will say things the way they are.

For every 10 tokunbo cars I QC, 8 are salvage.

Now is buying a Salvage car wrong?

I always tell my customers that if you must buy a salvage, you must buy it at the cost of a salvage. Cars are titled given the salvage title because they are more or less an insurance loss. Hence they are way cheaper than a clean vehicle and it is hard to benchmark such cars' prices since the cost depends on the degree of damages. A 2015 salvage Toyota Highlander can cost between 5000usd to 22000 usd depending on the degree of damage and the cost of repairing it.

A typical greedy dealer can buy this vehicle for 8000usd and and spend another 3000usd for repairs (which might not be professionally done) and he/she will want to sell the vehicle at the cost of a Clean Title vehicle that goes for about 25000 usd. Therefore what makes buying of salvage vehicles bad are over priced nature and poor asset resulting from bad works.

Therefore if you must buy salvage, please ensure you know that you are actually buying a salvage vehicle and pay the price of salvage.

Please note that Odometer rollover is a FRAUD.

Any dealer that sells an odometer tampered vehicle to you is committing a fraud and you should not do business with such dealer.

Now, if you are a dealer, it is your responsibility to carry out your due diligence. This is because I have seen many cases where even the concerned dealers were not aware of the tampered odometers.

Coming back to having a valid Vehicle History Report.

You can have the report and still get it wrong for the following reasons.

1. Your inability to understand the content of the report and read between lines. You will be amazed how lot of auto buyers wrongly interpret such reports.

2. The report you have is inconclusive. Yes, it is a valid report but it is inconclusive. People who always scout for FREE reports fall into this trap and I see this almost every day.

3. Your report comes from the dealer. Yes the dealer can give you an altered report. As a licensed web developer I can tell you that for free.

4. There are all sorts of providers of reports on the net, restrict yourself to only 2 (Carfax or Autocheck). Yes I know the others are way cheaper but you will be doing yourself more harm than good by using the cheap option.

Now to an experience I had 2 months back. Someone wanted to get a report from [url]autocheck.com.ng[/url] and he asked for half the price for a single report. I asked for the chassis number only to realize he is buying a 2012 range rover. I asked he was a dealer or a consumer. He said he purchasing it for personal use. I sent him the report for FREE but told him to give me a call after reading the report.

He already made up his mind to buy the vehicle based on what was written on the report. I called him up and took him through the content of the report and at the end, he saw the reason why he should not buy that particular vehicle.And I told him how it is wrong to want to buy a range with millions yet he cannot pay for a valuable report. So you get too cheap if you must buy a vehicle, otherwise you will make a wrong choice.

If you need more education on this, you can always whatsapp me. Find my contact details on autocheck.com.ng
Re: Free Vin Check (www.autocheck.com.ng) by AUTOCHECKN: 12:33pm On Aug 12, 2016
With rising cost of vehicles, you will do your self a great favour by getting a valid vehicle history report before considering a particular vehicle for purchase.

Many people have made mistakes so learnt from others mistakes.

Also don't just get a report, get a valid one and know how to properly interpret it.

Having seen a vehicle report that has no salvage title written on it but it is actually a salvage vehicle?

We at autocheck Nigeria will help you to identify such misleading information.

Learn from the people who know how to QC reports.
Re: Free Vin Check (www.autocheck.com.ng) by AUTOCHECKN: 11:24pm On Aug 14, 2016
What information can you retrieve from a Vehicle History Report?

I am sure you will all say the most popular information like

Odometer Rollover
Salvage Title
Flood
Theft
Accident

But one major one is missing and many people are not aware of this.

It is RECALL

Yes lots of vehicles get recalled for safety reasons and I am sure no one wants to drive an unsafe car.

An original Vehicle History Report from will reveal such recall information thus preventing you from buying an unsafe car.

Please look into the VHR Report attached and spot the recall information.

Shine your eyes as many things happen in the auto business.

Learn more from autocheck.com.ng

Re: Free Vin Check (www.autocheck.com.ng) by AUTOCHECKN: 5:50am On Aug 15, 2016
Today we are once again educating Nigerians who over love Free Reports.

There are over 5 websites providing Free Vehicle History Reports to people at absolutely 0 fee.

Some even provide elongated reports with more details which are of no value.

In your best interest be ware. There are only 2 providers of history reports that are reliable. They are Carfax and Autocheck.

If you are getting a free report not from any of these 2 publishers, We are sorry to inform you that you are just setting up your self for a big failure. Look at our previous posts to see how we revealed the falsehood of all those free VHRs.

The choice is yours.

Every Saturday we give out Autocheck Report to customers for free. Just be the fastest finger.
Re: Free Vin Check (www.autocheck.com.ng) by AUTOCHECKN: 1:28pm On Aug 17, 2016
paypal now accepted
Re: Free Vin Check (www.autocheck.com.ng) by AUTOCHECKN: 10:36pm On Aug 21, 2016
Buying a vehicle?

Lets help you validate the vehicle history before purchase
Re: Free Vin Check (www.autocheck.com.ng) by Oscarmelody1: 11:17am On Sep 22, 2016
AUTO EXPORT SHIPPING (A.E.S) is a RORO servicing company based in USA, we move automobiles, trucks, heavy machinery and palletized cargo from USA to Nigeria, Cotonou, Togo, Cote d' Ivoir and also Ghana at a very reduced freight rate.

To avoid stories, don't give your cars to snails to ship your cars smiley, A.E.S has the fastest transit time ever. Once our vessel sails out of USA it takes two weeks (14days) to arrive here in Nigeria, before moving to other West African countries.

1). You can also collect your Original BL from our Lagos office (54, SIFAX GROUP, WAREHOUSE RD, APAPA) with no charges(absolutely free), this is to save you cost of courier.

2). For all you non running vehicles (non starters), we also offer towing services at affordable rate.

3). Be rest assured of a first class service, your cargo can now be booked directly here in Nigeria for those seeking for how to book their cars.

4). If you are an importer of automobile without Auction bidding License, We can also help you with a link to a trust worthy auction licensed company.
5) We offer pickup service from any auction site, warehouse or garage.

AREAS WHERE WE COVER IN THE STATES: BAYONNE, NEWARK, BOSTON, BALTIMORE, JACKSONVILLE, GALVESTON.

We look forward to you booking all your automobiles with A.E.S. from USA to West Africa.

Regards,

Ogbonnaya Oscar| Sales Executive
A.E.S., Inc., a Jack Cooper Logistics, LLC company
SIFAX GROUP as Agents.
54, Warehouse Road, Apapa, Lagos
M: +234 8065463104
salesng@aeasshipping.com
www.aesshipping.com

1 Like

Re: Free Vin Check (www.autocheck.com.ng) by dokilolo: 4:35pm On Sep 23, 2016
hello
kindly help with this vin
JTEES41AX82085752

oluwoleajo@gmail.com
thanks
Re: Free Vin Check (www.autocheck.com.ng) by kkon(m): 8:16am On Nov 21, 2016
Please can u assist me in checking this vin 5J6RE38708L000659. Here is my email kingsleyovrawah@gmail.com thanks.
Re: Free Vin Check (www.autocheck.com.ng) by olagov: 12:22am On Nov 22, 2016
HELP ME TO CHECK OUT THIS VIN 4T1BE46K49U267170.REGARDS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nissan Versa 2020 Transformed To Regal / Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1 / Toyota FV2 Futuristic Vehicle Doesn’t Use Steering Wheel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.