Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,801 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed (11218 Views)

Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos / Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Sagamite(m): 10:39pm On Aug 06, 2015
freecocoa:
What planet are you from? What if they built the house together, like all her stay with him, she didn't spend a dime of hers on electricity bills and food?

Dude please! Wtf?

Are you assuming that most women in Africa make as much money as men do?

If the odd situation where they built the house together, did they make equal or anything close to equal contributions?

Not even women in the West can dare make such claims, talk less of women in Africa.
Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Odunharry(m): 10:40pm On Aug 06, 2015
freecocoa:
What planet are you from? What if they built the house together, like all her stay with him, she didn't spend a dime of hers on electricity bills and food?

Dude please! Wtf?
Easy ma'am. .it very rare in this part of the world
Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by freecocoa(f): 10:57pm On Aug 06, 2015
Sagamite:

Men did not have all the rights.

They had most of the rights.

Are you telling me men face no disadvantages?
Okay, my bad. Men had most of the rights.

Ofcourse they do but women face much more than they do, hence feminism.

But if men feel otherwise, they can bring their complains or start a movementcheesy.

1 Like

Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by freecocoa(f): 11:01pm On Aug 06, 2015
Odunharry:

Easy ma'am. .it very rare in this part of the world
What is rare? Okay if that's the case? How about all the chores she did?
Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Sagamite(m): 11:02pm On Aug 06, 2015
freecocoa:
Okay, my bad. Men had most of the rights.

Ofcourse they do but women face much more than they do, hence feminism.

But if men feel otherwise, they can bring their complains or start a movementcheesy.

That is why feminism is wrong.

It is promoted by fuuktards. Their plan is to suppress men's rights.

If men decide to start their own movement, do you know what you will get? ................The suppression of women's rights.

Because it too would also most likely be hijacked and run by fuuktards.

Trust me, you don't want that. You wouldn't be smiling if men decide to retaliate.

People should understand what equal rights mean.
Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Sagamite(m): 11:03pm On Aug 06, 2015
freecocoa:
What is rare? Okay if that's the case? How about all the chores she did?

How much does a househelp cost every month?

Then that is the value of her chores.

2 Likes

Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by freecocoa(f): 11:04pm On Aug 06, 2015
Sagamite:

Are you assuming that most women in Africa make as much money as men do?

If the odd situation where they built the house together, did they make equal or anything close to equal contributions?

Not even women in the West can dare make such claims, talk less of women in Africa.
No, I'm not assuming that, but many women these days make a lot nearer to what men make, some even make more than the men.

For all you know, the woman may have made more contribution, I believe it depends on the couple, it's not the same for every marriage.

1 Like

Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by freecocoa(f): 11:07pm On Aug 06, 2015
Sagamite:

How much does a househelp cost every month?

Then that is the value of her chores.
The cost varies, there's no fixed price for that.

She can decide hers costs a million naira per month.
Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by freecocoa(f): 11:09pm On Aug 06, 2015
Sagamite:

It is promoted by fuuktards. There plan is to suppress men's rights.

If men decide to start their own movement, do you know what you will get? ................The suppression of women's rights.

Trust me, you don't want that. You wouldn't be smiling if men decide to retaliate.

You agree that men had most of the rights, yet say feminism is wrong? That means you believe it's okay for men to have those rights?

1 Like

Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Sagamite(m): 11:10pm On Aug 06, 2015
freecocoa:
No, I'm not assuming that, but many women these days make a lot nearer to what men make, some even make more than the men.

For all you know, the woman may have made more contribution, I believe it depends on the couple, it's not the same for every marriage.

Which women?

Iya Apena and Iya Comfort?

You think your Lagos City corporate world is representative of Nigeria?

Let me remind you.

Nigeria has a population of 160m+.

Lagos is 21m.

Only 4m of this Lagos population are middle-class (i.e. making over $6000 per year).

So you can conveniently say more than 110m+ fall out of the bracket you are thinking of.

The men are normally the main breadwinner amongst the population.

TIA - This is Africa.

1 Like

Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Sagamite(m): 11:13pm On Aug 06, 2015
freecocoa:
The cost varies, there's no fixed price for that.

She can decide hers costs a million naira per month.

Under what logic can she decide that?

The same logic I can decide my car is worth $20m and tell the courts to instruct someone that hit me to pay that?

What do you think the Judge would tell me if I take such argument to him?

freecocoa:
You agree that men had most of the rights, yet say feminism is wrong? That means you believe it's okay for men to have those rights?

You still don't comprehend it?

Feminism is for women's rights and aims to suppress men.

I said that was senseless and moronic.

EQUAL RIGHTS is what it should be!

1 Like

Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by freecocoa(f): 11:15pm On Aug 06, 2015
Sagamite:

Which women?

Iya Apena and Iya Comfort?

You think your Lagos City corporate world is representative of Nigeria?

Let me remind you.

Nigeria has a population of 160m+.

Lagos is 21m.

Only 4m of this Lagos population are middle-class (i.e. make making over $6000 per year).

So you can conveniently say more than 110m+ fall out of the bracket you are thinking of.

The men are normally the main breadwinner amongst the population.

TIA - This is Africa.
I won't argue about it, I wholeheartedly agree, the point is that, while you argue that the man should get all the glory for bringing more money, the woman will also argue that her input is worth the same, if not more.

1 Like

Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Sagamite(m): 11:20pm On Aug 06, 2015
freecocoa:
I won't argue about it, I wholeheartedly agree, the point is that, while you argue that the man should get all the glory for bringing more money, the woman will also argue that her input is worth the same, if not more.

Let me tell you categorically: Her contribution is INFERIOR and worth LESS.

I say that without any ounce of ambiguity if all her input are domestics.

Are you telling me a housewife sitting at home's contribution is the same or more than the CEO of Shell?

Cut that feminist crap. grin

3 Likes

Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by freecocoa(f): 11:22pm On Aug 06, 2015
Sagamite:

Under what logic can she decide that?

The same logic I can decide my car is worth $20m and tell the courts to instruct someone that hit me to pay that?

What do you think the Judge would tell me if I take such argument to him?

You still don't comprehend it?

Feminism is for women's rights and aims to suppress men.

I said that was senseless and moronic.

EQUAL RIGHTS is what it should be!
Under the the logic that, her contributions are priceless.

No, you can't decide that because the value of your car can be estimated.

I comprehend na.cheesy

If men weren't much more favoured, it would be a different story, the rights the men have, overshadows whatever disadvantage they face, which can't be said for the women, that's why the need for speaking up arose.
Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by freecocoa(f): 11:27pm On Aug 06, 2015
Sagamite:

Let me tell you categorically: Her contribution is INFERIOR and worth LESS.

I say that without any ounce of ambiguity if all her input are domestics.

Are you telling me a housewife sitting at home's contribution is the same or more than the CEO of Shell?

Cut that feminist crap. grin
They are not in the same business, so you can't compare them both like that.

And yea, the wife at home will be more valuable to someone who needs her kind of service.cheesy

Feminism is not the problem my love and you know it.
Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Sagamite(m): 11:28pm On Aug 06, 2015
freecocoa:
Under the the logic that, her contributions are priceless.

No, you can't decide that because the value of your car can be estimated.

I comprehend na.cheesy

If men weren't much more favoured, it would be a different story, the rights the men have, overshadows whatever disadvantage they face, which can't be said for the women, that's why the need for speaking up arose.

The value of my car can be estimated but the value of her domestics cannot? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So you think it is justified to ignore the disadvantages of men but cater for all women's disadvantages and then say it is equal rights? grin grin grin grin

Kai!

When I say most women are selfish to the bone, some people would say saying such facts is mysOghenestic. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Women are a selfish breed. You are a true woman! grin

"Me! Me! Me! Me!" "What I want" "He should have done this for me"

3 Likes

Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Sagamite(m): 11:30pm On Aug 06, 2015
freecocoa:
They are not in the same business, so you can't compare them both like that.

And yea, the wife at home will be more valuable to someone who needs her kind of service.cheesy

Feminism is not the problem my love and you know it.

So because a mechanic is not in the same business as a CEO of Amazon, I can't compare and say which one is worth more? grin grin grin grin grin

There is no service a woman at home can provide that a man can not buy ....................... at a cheaper price.

Feminism is a disgrace that should be attacked.

3 Likes

Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by freecocoa(f): 11:34pm On Aug 06, 2015
Sagamite:

The value of my car can be estimated but the value of her domestics cannot? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So you think it is justified to ignore the disadvantages of men but cater for all women's disadvantages and then say it is equal rights? grin grin grin grin

Kai!

When I say women are selfish to the bone, some people would say saying such facts is mysOghenestic. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Women are a selfish breed. You are a true woman! grin

"Me! Me! Me! Me!" "What I want" "He should have done this for me"
Yes na, it's not just the domestic chores, how do you estimate emotional support? The times he's needed her advice, her intelligence etc nko? Do you put a price on that?

Seems you are not getting the point, ok let's take it one at a time. You agreed that men had(even still have) MOST of the rights, is that equal rights?
Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by freecocoa(f): 11:37pm On Aug 06, 2015
Sagamite:

So because a mechanic is not in the smae business as a CEO of Amazon, I can't compare and say which one is worth more? grin grin grin grin grin

There is no service a woman at home can provide that a man can not buy ....................... at a cheaper price.

Feminism is a disgrace that should be attacked.
Worth more in what sense actually?

If that's the case, why not pay for all those services? Why marry? Saves you the trouble, doesn't it?

Feminism is the best thing to happen to women.tongue
Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Sagamite(m): 11:39pm On Aug 06, 2015
freecocoa:
Yes na, it's not just the domestic chores, how do you estimate emotional support? The times he's needed her advice, her intelligence etc nko? Do you put a price on that?

Seems you are not getting the point, ok let's take it one at a time. You agreed that men had(even still have) MOST of the rights, is that equal rights?

Emotional support?

Where do you buy and pay for that?

Amazon?

Abi na Ebay? grin grin grin grin grin grin

If anyone needs to be paid for emotional support, it is the man. Women need and collect it more than men.

People don't pay for emotional support or love. It is free.

It is ridiculous to argue it is something to be paid for. No one goes to ask for it. If it is offered, it is free commodity. It is even less reclaimable than charitable donations.

If I have a car accident and someone comes to help and support me, I don't have to pay for it.

You sure argue like woman. grin grin grin grin grin

No, it is not equal rights. Next question.

3 Likes

Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Sagamite(m): 11:44pm On Aug 06, 2015
freecocoa:

If that's the case, why not pay for all those services? Why marry? Saves you the trouble, doesn't it?

Worth more in financial terms.

I don't know why men are dumb enough to still continue marrying.

This guy said it all: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN7tF8W1B2E
Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by ApexTitan(m): 11:47pm On Aug 06, 2015
freecocoa:

And yet many of women were shocked to see the freebleeding ladies in that thread yesterday. tongue (https://www.nairaland.com/2503999/free-bleeding-new-era-feminism)

Well at least the Nïpple has been freed too, thanks to feminism. tongue
Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by freecocoa(f): 11:49pm On Aug 06, 2015
Sagamite:

Emotional support?

Where do you buy and pay for that?

Amazon?

Abi na Ebay? grin grin grin grin grin grin

If anyone needs to be paid for emotional support, it is the man. Women need and collect it more than men.

People don't pay for emotional support or love. It is free.

It is ridiculous to argue it is something to be paid for. No one goes to ask for it. If it is offered, it is free commodity. It is even less reclaimable than charitable donations.

If I have a car accident and someone comes to help and support me, I don't have to pay for it.

You sure argue like woman. grin grin grin grin grin

No, it is not equal rights. Next question.
R undecidedeally? So why is it a big deal that he cared for her monetary and otherwise? Was it not a gift he offered?

I am not really arguing it is something to be paid for, I am trying to tell you how it's wrong to want to put a price on the woman.

I am a woman and proud, you on the other hand is acting like there's something wrong with that.undecided

If it's not equal rights, why then are you against women fighting to have that?
Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by freecocoa(f): 11:51pm On Aug 06, 2015
Sagamite:

Worth more in financial terms.

I don't know why men are dumb enough to still continue marrying.

This guy said it all: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN7tF8W1B2E
So it all about the money then.

I see.

To each his own.

You should speak for yourself alone.
Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by freecocoa(f): 11:56pm On Aug 06, 2015
ApexTitan:

And yet many of women were shocked to see the freebleeding ladies in that thread yesterday. tongue (https://www.nairaland.com/2503999/free-bleeding-new-era-feminism)

Well at least the Nïpple has been freed too, thanks to feminism. tongue

It's really annoying and disappointing at the same time, when you people come up with such nonsense to deride feminism, if a couple of nut jobs who think it's okay to bleed and not do something about it, say so, what does it have to do with feminism biko nu?

Anybody can be a feminist, it is not a movement that defines people's individual characteristics, it just cares about women's right.

You people should know the difference.

1 Like

Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Sagamite(m): 11:58pm On Aug 06, 2015
freecocoa:
R undecidedeally? So why is it a big deal that he cared for her monetary and otherwise? Was it not a gift he offered?

I am not really arguing it is something to be paid for, I am trying to tell you how it's wrong to want to put a price on the woman.

I am a woman and proud, you on the other hand is acting like there's something wrong with that.undecided

If it's not equal rights, why then are you against women fighting to have that?

Yes, it is a gift. I never said it should be reclaimed.

I am also not putting a price on a woman. You are the one trying to by claiming domestics are worth the same as the bread being brought home by the breadwinner or emotional support have to be paid for.

I am not saying anything is wrong being a women, I am just telling you what majority of women are like: Selfish!

I am aware of it and am comfortable dealing with it.

I am not a mugu and never bury my head in the sand. I ensure I too maintain my best interest, unlike mugu "real men" that think it is their duty to maintain a women's best interest at the detriment of their own interest.

Those are the kinds of fuuktards that normally end up murdering their wives/girlfriends if she burns them. Because they have invested too much at their detriment and get annoyed she just discarded it. I just smile because I always know what I am dealing with when it comes to females (selfish and responsibility-phobic sapiens with a sense of entitlement) and prepare myself because my love has exploited the 2-for-1 offers at Specsavers. It aint fcking blind.

I am against feminism because it is not fighting for equal rights, it is fighting for women getting an advantage.

Take for example, Wimbledon Tennis.

How can women do less work, attract less revenue but still argue that they should be paid the same as men because paying men (that do more work and attract more revenue) more money is "sexist"?

That is the handiwork of feminism for you? Women should get an advantage.

Some ediots are doing less work but want equal pay? undecided

1 Like

Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Sagamite(m): 12:03am On Aug 07, 2015
Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Sagamite(m): 12:03am On Aug 07, 2015
freecocoa:
So it all about the money then.

I see.

To each his own.

You should speak for yourself alone.

What we are discussing here is the transaction of women.

The fuuktard Justices in the Ugandan Supreme Courts just said it is constitutional to buy women, but it is unconstitutional to ask for a refund. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Pure moronic fuuktards! grin
Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by freecocoa(f): 12:09am On Aug 07, 2015
Sagamite:

Yes, it is a gift. I never said it should be reclaimed.

I am also not putting a price on a woman. You are the one trying to by claiming domestics are worth the same as the bread being brought home by the breadwinner or emotional support have to be paid for.

I am not saying anything is wrong being a women, I am just telling you what majority of women are like: Selfish!

I am aware of it and am comfortable dealing with it.

I am not a mugu and never bury my head in the sand. I ensure I too maintain my best interest, unlike mugu "real men" that think it is their duty to maintain a women's best interest at the detriment of their own interest.

Those are the kinds of fuuktards that normally murder their wives/girlfriends when she burns them. Because they have investmented too much at their detriment. I just smile because I always know what I am dealing with and prepare because my love has 2-for-1 from Specsavers. It aint fcking blind.

I am against feminism because it is not fighting for equal rights, it is fighting for women getting an advantage.

Take for example, Wimbledon Tennis.

How can women do less work, attract less revenue but still argue that they should be paid the same as men because paying men (that do more work and attract more revenue) is "sexist"?

That is the handiwork of feminism for you? Women should get an advantage.

Some ediots are doing less work but want equal pay? undecided
You brought it up by putting a price to what the man does in the first place and that's because you are thinking about money. It's best left as them playing their roles and they are both priceless and important.

I don't agree with the Wimbledon policy, I don't really know how the pay system works but I think it should be according to output, although that will be unfair to women as men are physically stronger but still paying them same for different work is unfair to men, at best, the men's sets should be reduced.

That is not the handiwork of feminism, it is the handiwork of a group of selfish individuals, I don't believe women should always be at advantage.
Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by freecocoa(f): 12:11am On Aug 07, 2015
Sagamite:

What we are discussing here is the transaction of women.

The fuuktard Justices in the Ugandan Supreme Courts just said it is constitutional to buy women, but it is unconstitutional to ask for a refund. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Pure moronic fuuktards! grin
I am with you on this one.

Although when what you bought is over used and worn out, it's unreasonable to ask for a refund.grin
Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by bukatyne(f): 12:14am On Aug 07, 2015
Sagamite:

It is promoted by fuuktards. There plan is to suppress men's rights.

@Bold: What does it mean to you

@OP:
It is not straight forward.

First, What does Bride Price symbolize in their culture?

Speaking from a Yoruba POV, BP (w hich is not money but gifts) are brought by the groom's family as a guest and hosted by the bride's family as a host hence the bride's family handles the reception.

Often times, the cost of hosting would be more than the engagement stuffs but when you throw in the attire, hall, decor etc, they might balance.

I think demanding a refund of BP is simplistic as both parties invested into the marriage until it collapsed.

Even If you return the BP, you cannot return the man's pains, sacrifices, loving, caring ditto the woman's in the marriage. Perhaps they request a refund because the men invest everything during the wedding rites/ceremony.

In all, expecting to see a spike in divorce.
Re: Uganda Bride Price Refund Outlawed by Sagamite(m): 12:18am On Aug 07, 2015
freecocoa:
You brought it up by putting a price to what the man does in the first place and that's because you are thinking about money. It's best left as them playing their roles and they are both priceless and important.

I don't agree with the Wimbledon policy, I don't really know how the pay system works but I think it should be according to output.

That is not the handiwork of feminism, it is the handiwork of a group of selfish individuals, I don't believe women should always be at advantage.

No they are not both priceless.

They can both be priced. There is a valuation process that is apt.

You are only arguing they are priceless because you are a woman and you are looking for an argument that benefits women.

Domestics is less valuable than bringing the bacon home.

It is valuable but less valuable.

As for Wimbledon, payment should be based on the revenue you generate for the event, just like any other entertainment event.

Under such rules, men would earn more. But they were harassed as sexist by feminists until they gave people doing less work equal pay because that is what feminists see as "equal rights".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? / Do You Have A Step Mum? / Father Of A New Baby Should Be Given Monetary Gift, Not The Mother- Nigerian Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.