Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

GTB Mastercard Charges ~N225/$1 While Amazon Charges ~N208/$1 , Any Reason Why ? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTB Mastercard Charges ~N225/$1 While Amazon Charges ~N208/$1 , Any Reason Why ? (11841 Views)

Deleted / Gtbank Launches Nigeria’s First Virtual Mastercard / My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTB Mastercard Charges ~N225/$1 While Amazon Charges ~N208/$1 , Any Reason Why ? by shocker007(m): 10:44am On Mar 24, 2016
Phestosuah:
My card still working for international transactions and am charged N208.6/$1.
my question is, how can I buy a single item of about $900 as I get payment decline each time I checkout on the item.
Just need how I can buy an item of about $900 on amazon.

Buy Amazon gift cards of multiple of $100 each and load it on your account till it reach $900.
Your payment is been declined because there is a limit how much per transaction you can carry out.

Thank me later
Re: GTB Mastercard Charges ~N225/$1 While Amazon Charges ~N208/$1 , Any Reason Why ? by shocker007(m): 10:45am On Mar 24, 2016
bizgenius1:

pls which bank card is that?

Its not a matter of Bank. Only people who use Amazon understands.

#okBye
Re: GTB Mastercard Charges ~N225/$1 While Amazon Charges ~N208/$1 , Any Reason Why ? by Phestosuah(m): 11:41pm On Mar 24, 2016
stb bank

pls which bank card is that?[/quote]
Re: GTB Mastercard Charges ~N225/$1 While Amazon Charges ~N208/$1 , Any Reason Why ? by Phestosuah(m): 11:48pm On Mar 24, 2016
Buy Amazon gift cards of multiple of $100 each and load it on your account till it reach $900.
Your payment is been declined because there is a limit how much per transaction you can carry out.

Thank me later[/quote]

finding it a bit difficult to get this done, no quick reply from amazon customer care on how to get a gift card.
I will appreciate if you can put me tru on how to get that done...thanking u already.no need to wait for later...
Re: GTB Mastercard Charges ~N225/$1 While Amazon Charges ~N208/$1 , Any Reason Why ? by shilexworldsexy(m): 7:52am On Mar 25, 2016
bizgenius1:

pls which bank card is that?

I've been trying to use my Gtb naira master card on amazon for shopping but it wasn't working at all but I saw their exchange rate on the site at the rate of 208 to a naira.... Can anyone pls tell me how I can buy things on amazon and paying with my Gtb master card? thanks
Re: GTB Mastercard Charges ~N225/$1 While Amazon Charges ~N208/$1 , Any Reason Why ? by shocker007(m): 8:29am On Mar 25, 2016
Phestosuah:

Thank me later

finding it a bit difficult to get this done, no quick reply from amazon customer care on how to get a gift card.
I will appreciate if you can put me tru on how to get that done...thanking u already.no need to wait for later...

Login to Amazon and Buy here. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004LLIKVU/

After getting the gift card, Load it to yur account by clicking here:

https://www.amazon.com/gc/redeem/

1 Like

Re: GTB Mastercard Charges ~N225/$1 While Amazon Charges ~N208/$1 , Any Reason Why ? by NanaF: 7:44am On Apr 21, 2016
Phestosuah:
stb bank

?

Please what's STB bank? And does it still work?
Re: GTB Mastercard Charges ~N225/$1 While Amazon Charges ~N208/$1 , Any Reason Why ? by Johncrown80(m): 1:53pm On May 12, 2016
Pls how much is gtb charges as at this week?
Re: GTB Mastercard Charges ~N225/$1 While Amazon Charges ~N208/$1 , Any Reason Why ? by Lordtrillion(m): 4:28pm On May 12, 2016
Johncrown80:
Pls how much is gtb charges as at this week?
Gtb charges #299/$.
Incase you need Amazon gift card at a very reduced rate, contact me via the phone no on my signature
Re: GTB Mastercard Charges ~N225/$1 While Amazon Charges ~N208/$1 , Any Reason Why ? by Darque5ive: 6:29pm On May 24, 2016
Please what bank's card did u use to make this transaction on amazon? I have a gtb naira mastercard and I am finding it hard 2 make a payment in the charged naira.
Re: GTB Mastercard Charges ~N225/$1 While Amazon Charges ~N208/$1 , Any Reason Why ? by medictours: 9:59pm On Jun 14, 2016
By now I guess all banks would have suspended the DCC option (Dynamic Currency Conversion) which enables buyers to check out of Amazon in Naira. One of the only 2 banks that I know were still offering that option pulled out last month-Stanbic IBTC, while the other one-Zenith bank pulled out just yesterday 13th June. However you can still use you Naira MasterCard to check out in USD, only that the rates are not friendly; I think stanbic offers the beets rate for now and it's a fixed rate of N315/$1.

You will not be able to purchase a single item of $900 because of the daily limits on the Naira MasterCard, as a matter of fact you can buy anything that's more than $200 since $200 is the daily POS spending limit, that's why your payment keeps declining.

If you must purchase that $900 item, then you will have to obtain a Dollar MasterCard, guess most banks have that, the spending limit is high. I've been using GTBank Dollar MasterCard linked to my dom account and I've never reached my daily limit. The only disadvantage is that you have to source for dollar by yourself.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: GTB Mastercard Charges ~N225/$1 While Amazon Charges ~N208/$1 , Any Reason Why ? by NanaF: 7:54am On Jun 15, 2016
medictours:
By now I guess all banks would have suspended the DCC option (Dynamic Currency Conversion) which enables buyers to check out of Amazon in Naira. One of the only 2 banks that I know were still offering that option pulled out last month-Stanbic IBTC, while the other one-Zenith bank pulled out just yesterday 13th June. However you can still use you Naira MasterCard to check out in USD, only that the rates are not friendly; I think stanbic offers the beets rate for now and it's a fixed rate of N315/$1.

You will not be able to purchase a single item of $900 because of the daily limits on the Naira MasterCard, as a matter of fact you can buy anything that's more than $200 since $200 is the daily POS spending limit, that's why your payment keeps declining.

If you must purchase that $900 item, then you will have to obtain a Dollar MasterCard, guess most banks have that, the spending limit is high. I've been using GTBank Dollar MasterCard linked to my dom account and I've never reached my daily limit. The only disadvantage is that you have to source for dollar by yourself.

Hope this helps.

Yes, they all have. Sadly.

No you don't have to get the dollar denominated card to buy a $900 item.

You can buy gift cards on Amazon up to each daily limit, till you have bought enough to purchase what you want. I paid for a $900+ cart this way.
Re: GTB Mastercard Charges ~N225/$1 While Amazon Charges ~N208/$1 , Any Reason Why ? by dagr8(m): 1:33pm On Jun 16, 2016
I have $650 Amazon gift card at a very lovely price for Amazon shopping
Re: GTB Mastercard Charges ~N225/$1 While Amazon Charges ~N208/$1 , Any Reason Why ? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 16, 2016
dagr8:
I have $650 Amazon gift card at a very lovely price for Amazon shopping

@dagr8 you don dey sell too e be like i go join sell too ooh......Lol
Re: GTB Mastercard Charges ~N225/$1 While Amazon Charges ~N208/$1 , Any Reason Why ? by dagr8(m): 5:58pm On Jun 16, 2016
EAbaba:

@dagr8 you don dey sell too e be like i go join sell too ooh......Lol
I have always been selling baba
Re: GTB Mastercard Charges ~N225/$1 While Amazon Charges ~N208/$1 , Any Reason Why ? by OgbaOghene(m): 5:15pm On Sep 24, 2016
GTB charges me ~N225 / $1 for exchange.

Those days, when we complained about the 1:225 exchange rate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sallah: Banks Recorded 278,966 Failed Instant Pay Transactions / How Lucrative Is Uber Business? / PART 2: NIGERIAN OIL INDUSTRY AND FUEL SUBSIDY: FACTS, MYTHS & HIDDEN TRUTH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.