Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video (8000 Views)

Photo: General Obasanjo And Mrs Remi Obasanjo On Their Wedding Day In 1963 / My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama / Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video by gadogado(m): 5:05pm On Mar 20, 2009
The video is about 30 minutes long and it starts out with the discussion of obasanjo's role in congo, then it moves on to sudan/darfur/icc and right around 14:17 it gets dramatic because the conversation turns to nigeria and obasanjo as usual is crude and at some point says "people like you" accusing the host steve of being biased. its a very funny video.

http://naijablog..com/2009/03/obj-on-hard-talk.html
Re: Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video by Sammy107d(m): 6:06pm On Mar 20, 2009
brutal first five minutes!! shocked If only obj could talk
Re: Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video by chidichris(m): 6:09pm On Mar 20, 2009
this is the heighest level madness. the interviewer made a mess of our saint obj.
obj was going to fight the man.
he was so gentle until it gets to his personal issues.
Re: Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video by Sammy107d(m): 6:12pm On Mar 20, 2009
Obasanjo doesnt know about president Bashir lipsrsealed
he doesnt read
Re: Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video by Moves: 6:22pm On Mar 20, 2009
Am not an Obj person; but I must say he held his own in the interview, doubt if any previous naija president would have done better, I just am shame that with the oppurtunity he had he didnt do better, and worse still bequeathed us with Baba Go Slow. Am sure if he had choosen someone in the mould of fashola, people wont be remembering his shortcomings as lagosians and have forgotten about Tinubu, Guess thats his greatest error and I think he must be regretting it now.
Re: Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video by asha80(m): 6:25pm On Mar 20, 2009
Men see grilling.
Re: Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video by Sammy107d(m): 6:27pm On Mar 20, 2009
That Steve is just wrong. I must say obj spoke well towards the end with the "you could be alleged as a liar" part
Re: Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video by idupaul: 6:29pm On Mar 20, 2009
lol, steve murdered Obj on that set, grin grin grin weldone steve for humiliating him grin grin
Re: Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video by tpia: 6:30pm On Mar 20, 2009
Re: Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video by Sammy107d(m): 6:30pm On Mar 20, 2009
One should even say HURRAY to Nigeria?
Re: Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video by tpia: 6:35pm On Mar 20, 2009
Re: Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video by Sammy107d(m): 6:36pm On Mar 20, 2009
I was just quoting OBJ in the video undecided
Re: Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video by chidichris(m): 6:49pm On Mar 20, 2009
obj is very good and i liked how he answered the question of what he thinks about yar adua, he said, i cannot comment on that.
wow! obj will not like to visit london or has anything to do with bbc very soon especially while steve is alive.
am begining to suspect that the steve of a guy is a nigerian.
obj will definitely remember AIT while he was there. he would be thinking how he can put bbc into the shoes of ait and deal with them again.
if that interview took place in nigeria, that steve would have been on hospital bed by now.
Re: Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video by iReport: 7:06pm On Mar 20, 2009
I didn't see anything wrong with this interview. Do y'all want him to have oyibo accent?. What did he say that made a fool out of him?. You guys should quit being cynical. from the 14th minute to the 19th minute was fire tho. The guy really got under obasanjo's skin with his unsubstantiated accusations.
Re: Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video by GettysBurg: 8:13pm On Mar 20, 2009
I think OBJ held his own in that interview.

His body language conveys confidence, and an air of personal dignity. You cant take that away from him, as Whitney Houston sang.

OBJ getting angry isn't new on hardtalk. Bill Clinton was once grilled on same HardTalk and he got dirty mad at the interviewer. He told her then pointedly,"with all I did as president, u cant make lewinsky look like my legacy. And I wont let you get away with that." He could have slapped her.

So what's the big deal about OBJ getting angry.

How many Nigerians will ever be opportune to get on such a show. No nigerian has ever been given such honour, and we talk of comparing them with OBJ
with any former leader. No one comes half as close.
Re: Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video by Sammy107d(m): 8:21pm On Mar 20, 2009
you are absolutely right gettysburg
Re: Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video by diggler(m): 8:39pm On Mar 20, 2009
I'm not a big Obansanjo Fan but i agree with Gettysburg & co that Baba held his own against Mr Steve.
Tho i wonder what he was thinking getting on that show (maybe he thot steve would behave like the typical 9ja journalist and like his arse)

If OBJ had d refined outlook of say a Dimeji Bankole (who has previously handled Steve), The Show would've been a typical round the bush affair cos if steve speak 'fune' , Dimeji go use 'fune' reply am.
Re: Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video by bawomolo(m): 9:14pm On Mar 20, 2009
he came off as defensive and arrogant. comments like i set up peace mission in the great lakes blah blah blah come off as egoistic. He obviously needs a PR staff
Re: Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video by Sammy107d(m): 9:17pm On Mar 20, 2009
You should watch Dimeji Bankole on the same blog. he's the master of speech and confidence. i wish all nigerian leaders could be as articulate.
Re: Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video by BigB11(m): 9:24pm On Mar 20, 2009
I can not stop LMAO.
Very funny.

Steve is one lucky guy, he should thank his star.
From what I know, OBJ doesn't play that nonsense; if you cross him, you will be choked right on the national TV. It doesn't matter what time or location; there is no shame in his game. He will choke you.

But on a serious note, OBJ made one profound statement, which I think was absolutely on point.
He said: "being a good person alone doesn't make you an effective leader, you need more than that"

I'm not crazy for the man, but that statement was on point; a great way to end the interview.
Re: Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video by BigB11(m): 9:27pm On Mar 20, 2009
You should watch Dimeji Bankole on the same blog. he's the master of speech and confidence. i wish all nigerian leaders could be as articulate.

I did not think Demeji performed well.

Watch Demeji's interview again, and you'll realize that he talked a lot, but the substance wasn't there that much. I expected more.
Re: Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video by Sammy107d(m): 9:35pm On Mar 20, 2009
Trust me, he couldn't have spoken any better. He didn't enable Steve to portray Nigeria in the light intended. He was actually the one torturing the interviewer.
I would have spoken in like manner
Re: Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video by DisGuy: 10:18pm On Mar 20, 2009
Steve is lucky he is not a nigeria, he would have been blacklisted by every nigerian employer
in fact he is lucky he flew out of nigeria the same night

with al those that he claimed went to cout how many of them was jailed

obasanjo and demiji didnt hold their own anything jare, they just proved the typical arrogant leadership in africa
Re: Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video by DisGuy: 10:21pm On Mar 20, 2009
tpia:

no one is asking you to say hurray to Nigeria, but occasionally you people should try to see what's right before your eyes.

Most people acknowledge what Obasanjo did in nigeria, infact he put a lot in motion but people should also be able to condemn
whatever wrong he did or where he went wrong

remember it was under obasanjo the last election took place wasnt it?
Re: Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video by DisGuy: 10:24pm On Mar 20, 2009
so unfortunate our naija reporters never get the chance to interview politicians
ask proper questions not , can we meet you sir

Steve probably forgot obasanjo is a chief, imagine him calling baba obasanjo without the chief angry
Re: Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video by vigasimple(m): 10:28pm On Mar 20, 2009
Am not an Obj person; but I must say he held his own in the interview, doubt if any previous naija president would have done better, I just am shame that with the oppurtunity he had he didnt do better, and worse still bequeathed us with Baba Go Slow. Am sure if he had choosen someone in the mould of fashola, people wont be remembering his shortcomings as lagosians and have forgotten about Tinubu, Guess thats his greatest error and I think he must be regretting it now.

OBJ biggest failure on both occassion of his 'leadership' of Nigeria or lack of it, is grooming/or at least making sure a good successor takes over. The Example of TINUBU  to FASHOLA is a very good example. At least if father is no good, then the son should  be better.  The TINUBU to FASHOLA should be a study and model for other states and even the Federal government. Inteeligent, educated and informed proper leader by example.

Running a state or a country is not show business and there is no need for 7 NO POINT AGENDA AND VISIONLESS 2020. And Now we have REPACKAGING, REBRANDING AND SLOGAN. What planet do those fool lives in with all the poverty, hunger and lack of basic infrastructures.  YOU CANNOT PUT A NEW WINE IN AN OLD WINE SKIN UNTIL YOU CELANSE IT.

'IF YOU PUT A LIPSTICK ON A PIG, IT'S STILL A PIG' -  Barack Obama

Mr. Yar 'Adull and Yar A'failure should take a week or two retreat on his own and formulate his own vision and at least deliver on 1 AGENDA, from there 100 POINT AGENDA will take care of itself. It is no shame telling Nigerians that you are  incapable to deal with the issues at this level.
Re: Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video by TayoD1(m): 10:43pm On Mar 20, 2009
@topic,

Did anyone notice Obasanjo refer t Nigeria as a failed State?  He said that while trying responding to the issue of corruotion and if it was prevalent in his admnistration.  I guss that must have been a slip of the tongue!

@BigB1,

"being a good person alone doesn't make you an effective leader, you need more than that"
Was OBJ convinced that YarAdua had all it takes to be an effective leader before he forced him down our throiats? What a stupid hypocritical statment that was!
Re: Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video by BabsO2(m): 10:49pm On Mar 20, 2009
GOOD PEOPLE GREAT NATION. grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video by oderemo(m): 10:52pm On Mar 20, 2009
where are obj friends during the interview, nta, ait , channels , muri tv and those so CALLED niger journalist who ask only paid questions.
Re: Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video by redsun(m): 11:21pm On Mar 20, 2009
Animal in human skin,animal wear agbada.

Woe betide obasanjo and his cohorts.
Re: Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video by asha80(m): 11:54pm On Mar 20, 2009
@TayoD

Guy you have sharp ears.I watched the clip again. Obasanjo called nigeria a FAILED STATE in 17.05 mins.It was more like freuidan slip.
Re: Watch Obasanjo On Bbc Hardtalk. Very Funny Video by iReport: 12:10am On Mar 21, 2009
Nigeria was already a failed state even when he took over from Murtala mohammed. He did what he could then to correct the anomaly but the Northern oligarchs jumped in and screwed Nigeria the more yet they looked for him to come and clean after their mess. Obasanjo is Nigeria's Obama as far as am concerned.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Group To Name A Multi-Million-Naira Edifice Okonjo-Iweala. / Reps Move To Abolish State, LGA Joint Account / "You're VISIONLESS If You Add No Value After 20 Months In Office" - Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.