Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama (26608 Views)

Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama / Brigadier-general Godwin Alabi-isama; Civil War Account / Lies Achebe Told About The Civil War, By Gen. Alabi Isama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama by TheRealMrStan(m): 3:25pm On Dec 15, 2014
From his base in Ilorin, retired Brigadier Godwin Alabi-Isama this morning sent his caustic response to General Olusegun Obasanjo’s three-volume memoir, My Watch.

In a telephone conversation with P.M.NEWS and TheNEWS, Alabi-Isama described Obasanjo as an incredible liar and said that if he had read Obasanjo’s book before it was presented in Lagos last Tuesday, 9 December, he would have gone to the venue to challenge Obasanjo.
He said “the tragedy of our civil war is painful, but that Obasanjo is publishing fiction about it is so outrageous. We should not allow this liar to get away with his self-serving lies.’’

Here is the text of Alabi-Isama’s response:

“I’m gravely pained to be trading words with General Olusegun Obasanjo once again on the history of Nigeria-Biafra War. He is an elder and a former ruler who, ordinarily, should be treated with utmost respect. But how can one genuinely respect an old man who tells lies like a badly raised child? Obasanjo has obviously not recovered from the shock inflicted on him by my book, The Tragedy of Victory in which I exposed the tissues of lies in his civil war memoir, My Command. It is said that a lie may travel for a thousand miles, but it takes just one step of truth to catch up with it.
“I’m alive to stand up to him on the lies he has told on the war because I was a major participant in it. I kept records. With facts and figures at my finger tips, I have debunked Obasanjo’s lies in part three of my book, consisting of one hundred and sixty five pages, sixty nine pictures, thirteen military strategies and tactics, maps and documents. This was the same Obasanjo who published a fake Federal Government gazette that I was found guilty by the Army when I was never tried. I have proved that Obasanjo was an incompetent commander. I have proved that he was a wily and cunning fellow, and an incredible opportunist who reaped where he did not sow.
“I have proved that he was an ingrate and a hypocrite. More importantly, I have proved that he was a coward, who ran away from the war front to go and look for phantom ammunition. Rather than respond to my claims the way a gallant officer should, he has now responded like a motor-park tout, impugning my person and questioning my ethnic lineage. I never said I was from Ibadan. I only schooled there. General Obasanjo, this bolekaja style is so demeaning. You live in a glass house, so stop throwing stones. We, who have facts, pictures and documents, meticulously kept over the years, can tell the whole world one or two things about you.

“Have a look at this attached picture at your wedding to your first wife Remi. When the photographer wanted to take the picture of the bride and groom and their parents, you said a few things about your parents which I still remember. It was only Remi’s mother that took the picture with us. Please, don’t mess with the memory of my dear parents. You know my mother, an Ilorin woman, and you also saw her at the war front. She told me who my father was and she spoke his language, and took me to his home town when he died. I went to primary school in Owu, so I know your family very well. You should be honest enough to tell the world the story of the man who was your father. I told you and wrote in my book that any person who does not appreciate the efforts of women has had no good mother. Please, don’t go beyond military tactics and strategies when dealing with me.

“You say in volume three of your book My Watch that I could be in bed with a woman while radioing my commander that I was in pursuit of rebels. Hundreds of thousands of those who have read my book The Tragedy of Victory——a six hundred and seventy-page book, complete with four hundred and fifty pictures and thirty nine military strategies and tactics, maps and documents—- will call you a liar. I am so surprised and even embarrassed that a man of your status is still trading in gutter rumours. An elder with a filthy mind, a leader who lacks wisdom of age, does not deserve any respect.
“I’m the same Godwin Alabi-Isama that commanded the troops that liberated today’s Cross River State in thirty days of battle from Calabar to Obubra with no single casualty. This is the same Alabi-Isama that advanced 480 kilometres in 30 days from Calabar to Port Harcourt, liberating today’s Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Bayelsa States with 35,000 men and women with 15000 on logistics, building roads and pontoons, with 8 men and 2 officers as my casualties. Obasanjo ordered the attack of Ohoba, a mere 24 miles from Owerri, in one hour of battle, more than 1000 Nigerian soldiers were dead.

“Obasanjo claims that when I once played squash with him, I cheated. This incredible liar has forgotten that there were witnesses to that game. Those witnesses are still alive, and they remember what really happened. I played squash with him once in my life. He could not make a point because I was not one of his sycophants who would allow him to win a game just to massage his huge ego. Look, General Obasanjo, there was no way you could have beaten me in any game. You do not have the physique and agility to do that. Apart from being a popular sports man and soccer captain in Ibadan Boys High School, I was Sports Officer in the Nigerian Army, playing games from soccer to tennis, athletics etc. You never played any games at school let alone in the Army. If you had been diligent at your physical exercises as we were taught to be, your protruding tummy would not have become a butt of joke to many officers and men of the Army.

Read more: http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/12/15/obasanjo-an-incredible-liar-brig-gen-alabi-isama/

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama by DancingSkeleton(m): 3:26pm On Dec 15, 2014
Hehehe dis episode of super story is getting longer undecided

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama by simplemach(m): 3:26pm On Dec 15, 2014
I've said this time without number, this man should just look for a very convenient place and relax till we come to meet him. Well thats if we all are to be in the same place afterwards.

8 Likes

Re: My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama by moderatorr: 3:26pm On Dec 15, 2014
who is Brigadier Alabi?
Asking from France.
If you confront Biafra soldiers you would loose 1000 men in the first hour because confronting Biafra is like the Normandy invasion. Barefoot die hard soldiers would be waiting for you behind a locally made Ogbunigwe. The first shot will clear 700 of your men remaining 300 to deal with. Book haram is still learning to make bombs, they should Google Biafra.
Back to this brigadier, I don't doubt what Obasanjo said about you being on top of a woman and radioing that you are at the war front because there is no how you can tell me you advanced 480 kilometers fighting the trigger of Africa without loosing anyone, story for the Gods.
#myWatchOnPoint on this one

41 Likes

Re: My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama by Brightology2(m): 3:27pm On Dec 15, 2014
Really
Re: My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama by AJINATU: 3:27pm On Dec 15, 2014
NIGERIA MUST DIVIDE IN JESUS NAME

WE MUST ACTUALISE BIAFRA REPUBLIC

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama by SeverusSnape(m): 3:27pm On Dec 15, 2014
seconded!!... Old man like him blasting others, We face critical times and he should be a bridge builder not being antagonistic and divisive. Though there may be truths therein, but the lies sure supersedes the truth.

7 Likes

Re: My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 15, 2014
You are all liars its not new

2 Likes

Re: My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama by ala234crity(m): 3:28pm On Dec 15, 2014
That's right undecided
Re: My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama by thiefnubu(m): 3:28pm On Dec 15, 2014
Two Generals quarelling in the marketplace

Na who we go believe now? undecided

Anyway,

Brigadier Alabi

You know as e dey go....

Pics or....... angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama by fpeter(f): 3:28pm On Dec 15, 2014
Enough already!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 15, 2014
I expected this.

#KermitFace
Re: My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama by valmunich(m): 3:29pm On Dec 15, 2014
I wonder who taught this OP summary in school undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama by moderatorr: 3:29pm On Dec 15, 2014
Obasanjo is on his way out we have to respect that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama by Nairalandar: 3:29pm On Dec 15, 2014
And you expect me to read all dis and burn my MB.... Taaaarh!!!
Re: My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama by ellechrystal(f): 3:29pm On Dec 15, 2014
Na so na so.. ghen ghen...
Battle of words..
I suspected some things in that his book were lies of d highest order.
Lol

1 Like

Re: My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama by Celepope: 3:30pm On Dec 15, 2014
This man is right.When i discovered that majority of what that nasty old man wrote were all lies was when he said he never came up with the idea of Third term, that it was the idea of some Governors.If truly he is a democrat as he claim, why didn't he reject the proposition made by his fictitious Governors on tenure elongation? We all know that is the norm with majority of African myopic leaders. I am surprised that he didn't throw more light on the Snipers he alleged that GEJ was training in his 'Book of Lies'.Obasanjo knows how to work on Nigerians' psyche knowing fully well how majority of Nigerians are gullible and easily forget the past.My prayer every morning is that God should expose and disgrace every individual or groups that doesn't mean well for our great nation.

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama by Flets: 3:30pm On Dec 15, 2014
Obasanjo should be very ashamed of himself.
He literally destroyed this country when he had the opportunity of fixing it and still trying hard to pulverise the ruins.

He shall die a slow and painful death.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama by Blurry: 3:31pm On Dec 15, 2014
Obasanjo keeps courting enemies from far and wide even subordinates....

Baba keeps making himself irrelevant and disrespected in every quarter.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama by ritababe(f): 3:31pm On Dec 15, 2014
Please can somebody summarise this in a lay man language
Re: My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama by Segunj8(m): 3:32pm On Dec 15, 2014
They all wanna use d opportunity to bcum relevant, we dint know u wrote a book but now we know... Mission accomplished!!!
Next!

4 Likes

Re: My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama by gsparks01(m): 3:32pm On Dec 15, 2014
old men wey no get work
seeking attention..
Re: My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama by DOCTORNLIA(m): 3:34pm On Dec 15, 2014
LOL...E BE LIKE SAY OBJ DON TOO STROKE NIGGAS IN HIGH PLACES

3 Likes

Re: My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 15, 2014
Fake Generals!! Nonsense

1 Like

Re: My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama by lanxlot(m): 3:34pm On Dec 15, 2014
lol....i too de enjoy to see politicians de quarrel. u go de hear grammer eeh, with Gud construction of diction. isama synonymous to osama dun kill obj. make una relax obj go soon reply.....in Abati's word....this is totally UNCONSCIONABLE.
Re: My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 15, 2014
Reqlly?
Re: My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama by hazyfm: 3:35pm On Dec 15, 2014
[size=48pt]WHO SHOULD I BELIEVE?[/size]
Re: My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama by plainmirror(m): 3:35pm On Dec 15, 2014
Who is lying and who is speaking the truth?

This is a literary propaganda Brig-Gen Alabi Isama wants to use and market his own 'book' since Obj's 'my watch' is already on the spotlight tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Youths Hired To Pray For Buhari Battle With Organizers Over Payment (Video) / You think Buhari’s Administration Can Deliver free, fair elections? - Al-Jazeera / Femi Gbajabiamila Appoints Sanusi Rickiji As Chief Of Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.