Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,527 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Breaking News:wike Probe Panel:amaechi Gov.embezzled Over N250b In 2yrs-vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News:wike Probe Panel:amaechi Gov.embezzled Over N250b In 2yrs-vanguard (1951 Views)

Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled / Dasukigate: Probe Panel Summons 241 Firms Over Arms Scandal – FULL LIST HERE / Why I’m Fighting To Stop Wike’s Probe Of My Administration — Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News:wike Probe Panel:amaechi Gov.embezzled Over N250b In 2yrs-vanguard by drshrewd: 3:27pm On Aug 06, 2015
The panel constituted over two months ago by the Rivers State governor Bar. Nyesom Wike to probe into the financial dealings of the immediate past administration in the state has just bla bla bla bla bla… I know that is the kind of news children of hate and jealousy would love to hear. Look at their ugly utapiapia faces and evil witch eyes staring at this post with disappointment after almost climaxing on the caption.

A probe panel of over two months and up till now no concrete findings or indictment of commissioners, head of agencies, accountant general, etc. instead we keep hearing old recycled stories of he sold power plant. Is that a crime? GEJ sold Gensco, Disco, etc, and still left a debt of over $50b. Amaechi did not incur any debt for the state instead he left the state a net creditor___ over N100b owed Rivers state by FG. They talked about the monorail without any quantifiable evidence of diversion of found meant for the project. Same thing also go for other flimsy allegations against the former state governor.

I reckoned from one of the electioneering campaigns of the incumbent governor in Obi Akpor, he promised to publish evidence of corrupt deals of the then governor Rotimi Ameachi. Up till date he has not been able to do that. In fact, am getting more increasingly inclined that Ameachi is clean because on several public appearances he has dared his detractors to provide evidence linking him to financial fraud. But guess what, his detractors keep recycling stale and unfounded road side kind of allegation without substance.

Amaechi as a person does not have the usual conspicuous avarice tendencies which the average Nigeria politician has. This is the major reason why he fell out with most political heavy weight in Rivers State who are all after their pockets. Have you ever asked yourself why almost all the political big wigs in Rivers State (Odili, Awuse, Austin Okpara, Chibudan uche, Omehia, etc) are all his enemies? He stated it clearly that Rivers money is meant for Rivers People and this is the major reason he performed as a governor and is by far the best governor Rivers has ever had (even his greatest enemies acknowledge that).

In contrast to what is playing out today, Wike has surrounded himself with countless political God fathers where vested interest is prioritized over real dividend of democracy. Imagine a state where a rugged Politian like Awuse is appointed the chairman of Rivers State Inland revenue Board, Philips Obuah, the Rivers State PDP chairman, is appointed the sole Administrator of the Rivers State environmental sanitation, and so many nepotic appointments where vested interest, stomach infrastructure and political rewards hold sway over competence, merit and track record.

Nepotism they say breeds mediocrity, the operation zero pot hole the state government borrowed N30b for is just a charade to fund mediocrity and divert the rest to refund politicians who contributed for 2015 Election. The construction of Azikiwe street that I saw trending on this board some weeks ago is just a shining example of such mediocrity at best. When I went there to see the ongoing project myself I was shocked by the quality of work going on there. A major trunk street that is supposed to link diuobu area to Eagle Island and Agip via Iloabuchi thus freeing up some traffic along part of Ikwerri road is now being constructed with the wackiest narrow open drainage system and by mushroom contractors as opposed to Julius begger whom the governor initially boosted would handle the contract.

The last time I saw project of such low quality was during Odili’s time as governor. Amachi came and rose the bar of governance that ought to be maintained or improved upon. Wike should drive around D-line and Orowoko part of PH and learn from his predecessor Amaechi what inner Street look like___ underground drainage and pedestrian walk way with high quality construction. Everybody would recall that when Amaechi took over The Rivers state government, PH and its Environs was like a huge construction site with well mapped out Blue print for quality Road construction. That is what I call real dividend of democracy not the one we are witnessing which is a mere eye service at best.
Finally, a former governor who made the following achievement without sinking his state into huge debt ought to be respected

1) Built over 500 schools with modern state of the art facilities with at least 10 in each LGA (which other state governor can beat this in quality and quantity), also transformed UST

2) Built over 100 primary and secondary health centers with well equipped facilities with at least 3 in each LGA (which other state governor can beat this in quality and quantity)

3) Trained and employed over 13,000 teachers and over 400 doctors(trained Abroad) to man those beautiful schools and health center respectively (even the president can’t match this)

4) He revolutionalised infrastructure in Rivers state. Anybody living in Rivers state and really know the state very well will recall that Rivers state as a whole barely has five dualised road before the inception of Amaechi’s administration but the story has change as we have lost count of the number of high quality dualised road with underground drainage and pedestrian walk ways in the state. Several fly over and bridges were constructed. Inner street construction was taken to another level with underground drainages and pedestrian walk way D-line, Oroworokwo, GRA areas come to mind. Check out the infrastructure in Rainbow town initiative stated by the Amaechi’s administration where we have clusters of several up rise building that are almost in completion stage. We also have the greater PH where modern city infrastructure is being constructed( Roads, underground utility system, etc) , Olympic sports complex of international standard with modern state of the art basket ball court (two), Olympic standard aquarium (Two), Fifa standard football pitch (40,000 capacity second largest in the country after Abuja stadium), volley court, etc.

How about the revolution in agriculture, the Songhai initiative, Banana plantation, cassava plantation etc, RSSDA oversea scholarship for both indigenes and non endegens, etc. In fact, you need a full book to completely reel off the achievement of this young ex governor of Rivers State.

For those of you that are breaking their heads that he is begging for a position in Buhari’s cabinet. I wonder how a man that have tested the position of a speaker and governor (16yrs in between) in one of the richest state in Nigeria be desperate about mere ministerial position. I guest he is very okay and satisfied with the position he assumed since 29th may, 2015 which is the control general of SEPTO (Send Ebele and Patient back to Otueke)

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking News:wike Probe Panel:amaechi Gov.embezzled Over N250b In 2yrs-vanguard by DuchessLily(f): 3:32pm On Aug 06, 2015
Are you are?? *in Zebudaiah's voice*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News:wike Probe Panel:amaechi Gov.embezzled Over N250b In 2yrs-vanguard by phantom(m): 3:34pm On Aug 06, 2015
OP....dem go begin abuse you Very Soon for speaking the truth.
Dont believe me? Just watch... wink

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News:wike Probe Panel:amaechi Gov.embezzled Over N250b In 2yrs-vanguard by drshrewd: 3:35pm On Aug 06, 2015
no matter how wike, PDP and their group try to sore Amaechi's good name his good works and good will will speak for him

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News:wike Probe Panel:amaechi Gov.embezzled Over N250b In 2yrs-vanguard by Darlingting: 3:36pm On Aug 06, 2015
ok
Re: Breaking News:wike Probe Panel:amaechi Gov.embezzled Over N250b In 2yrs-vanguard by drshrewd: 3:42pm On Aug 06, 2015
scannewsnigeria.com which is the online media arm of the PDP have been publishing unfounded allegation against the former Amiable governor of Rivers State instead of waiting to hear from the phoney prob panel who are yet to find any fraudulent act so far

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News:wike Probe Panel:amaechi Gov.embezzled Over N250b In 2yrs-vanguard by donholy28(m): 3:48pm On Aug 06, 2015
Who no know say amaechi na thief?

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News:wike Probe Panel:amaechi Gov.embezzled Over N250b In 2yrs-vanguard by Pierocash(m): 3:57pm On Aug 06, 2015
Amaechi my man. PMB my hero. Wike my Wailer. PDP my beggers. let d wailing continue.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News:wike Probe Panel:amaechi Gov.embezzled Over N250b In 2yrs-vanguard by drshrewd: 4:13pm On Aug 06, 2015
What Wike can not do legitimately through his constituted panel due to lack of incriminating evidence against the former governor he has now resorted to the use of local mushroom media to carry out his unfounded propaganda. scannewsnigeria.com is just a propaganda site for the Rivers State Government as you can see from the videos they have on their site___just videos about the Mediocre and puny achievement of the Rivers State government. I wonder why unfounded news coming from that site should make the home page of Nairaland.
Just go to the home page of that site you will notice all the vedeos their are all news About wike and Rivers State people and they claim they are based in Abuja yet no video about buhary in their home page

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News:wike Probe Panel:amaechi Gov.embezzled Over N250b In 2yrs-vanguard by Chiaka(f): 4:17pm On Aug 06, 2015
Defence Mechanism!

1 Like

Re: Breaking News:wike Probe Panel:amaechi Gov.embezzled Over N250b In 2yrs-vanguard by drshrewd: 4:26pm On Aug 06, 2015
this is the so called scannewsnigeria.com. all the latest videos they have in there home page is all about wike and Rivers state grin even the propaganda is been shredded in mediocrity grin.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking News:wike Probe Panel:amaechi Gov.embezzled Over N250b In 2yrs-vanguard by saintgp(m): 4:27pm On Aug 06, 2015
Am nt surprise to hear dat,afterall d incumbent governor of bauchi state(an apc state)last wk Sunday stated categorically dat ameachi brought 80% of d money dat was spent on pmb presidential election....i mean where would he had gotten all d money if nt by stealing?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News:wike Probe Panel:amaechi Gov.embezzled Over N250b In 2yrs-vanguard by drshrewd: 4:37pm On Aug 06, 2015
donholy28:
Who no know say amaechi na thief?
saintgp:
Am nt surprise to hear dat,afterall d incumbent governor of bauchi state(an apc state)last wk Sunday stated categorically dat ameachi brought 80% of d money dat was spent on pmb presidential election....i mean where would he had gotten all d money if nt by stealing?
You are suffering from read-caption-only-and-respond-syndrom
Re: Breaking News:wike Probe Panel:amaechi Gov.embezzled Over N250b In 2yrs-vanguard by saintgp(m): 4:43pm On Aug 06, 2015
drshrewd:

You are suffering from read-caption-only-and-respond-syndrom
ur inability to comprehend people's post/opinion has pummelled towards drawing a wrong conclusion...well whatever it is u think am suffering from is ur own probs,nah it doesn't concern me for i ve never bother myself abt wat people think abt me,oops ur nt an exception.....work on ur ability to read btw d lines ok.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News:wike Probe Panel:amaechi Gov.embezzled Over N250b In 2yrs-vanguard by drshrewd: 4:51pm On Aug 06, 2015
saintgp:

ur inability to comprehend people's post/opinion has pummelled towards drawing a wrong conclusion...well whatever it is u think am suffering from is ur own probs,nah it doesn't concern me for i ve never bother myself abt wat people think abt me,oops ur nt an exception.....work on ur ability to read btw d lines ok.

pls take out some time to read my post. txs

1 Like

Re: Breaking News:wike Probe Panel:amaechi Gov.embezzled Over N250b In 2yrs-vanguard by laterthings: 5:21pm On Aug 06, 2015
drshrewd:
The panel constituted over two months ago by the Rivers State governor Bar. Nyesom Wike to probe into the financial dealings of the immediate past administration in the state has just bla bla bla bla bla… I know that is the kind of news children of hate and jealousy would love to hear. Look at their ugly utapiapia faces and evil witch eyes staring at this post with disappointment after almost climaxing on the caption.

A probe panel of over two months and up till now no concrete findings or indictment of commissioners, head of agencies, accountant general, etc. instead we keep hearing old recycled stories of he sold power plant. Is that a crime? GEJ sold Gensco, Disco, etc, and still left a debt of over $50b. Amaechi did not incur any debt for the state instead he left the state a net creditor___ over N100b owed Rivers state by FG. They talked about the monorail without any quantifiable evidence of diversion of found meant for the project. Same thing also go for other flimsy allegations against the former state governor.

I reckoned from one of the electioneering campaigns of the incumbent governor in Obi Akpor, he promised to publish evidence of corrupt deals of the then governor Rotimi Ameachi. Up till date he has not been able to do that. In fact, am getting more increasingly inclined that Ameachi is clean because on several public appearances he has dared his detractors to provide evidence linking him to financial fraud. But guess what, his detractors keep recycling stale and unfounded road side kind of allegation without substance.

Amaechi as a person does not have the usual conspicuous avarice tendencies which the average Nigeria politician has. This is the major reason why he fell out with most political heavy weight in Rivers State who are all after their pockets. Have you ever asked yourself why almost all the political big wigs in Rivers State (Odili, Awuse, Austin Okpara, Chibudan uche, Omehia, etc) are all his enemies? He stated it clearly that Rivers money is meant for Rivers People and this is the major reason he performed as a governor and is by far the best governor Rivers has ever had (even his greatest enemies acknowledge that).

In contrast to what is playing out today, Wike has surrounded himself with countless political God fathers where vested interest is prioritized over real dividend of democracy. Imagine a state where a rugged Politian like Awuse is appointed the chairman of Rivers State Inland revenue Board, Philips Obuah, the Rivers State PDP chairman, is appointed the sole Administrator of the Rivers State environmental sanitation, and so many nepotic appointments where vested interest, stomach infrastructure and political rewards hold sway over competence, merit and track record.

Nepotism they say breeds mediocrity, the operation zero pot hole the state government borrowed N30b for is just a charade to fund mediocrity and divert the rest to refund politicians who contributed for 2015 Election. The construction of Azikiwe street that I saw trending on this board some weeks ago is just a shining example of such mediocrity at best. When I went there to see the ongoing project myself I was shocked by the quality of work going on there. A major trunk street that is supposed to link diuobu area to Eagle Island and Agip via Iloabuchi thus freeing up some traffic along part of Ikwerri road is now being constructed with the wackiest narrow open drainage system and by mushroom contractors as opposed to Julius begger whom the governor initially boosted would handle the contract.

The last time I saw project of such low quality was during Odili’s time as governor. Amachi came and rose the bar of governance that ought to be maintained or improved upon. Wike should drive around D-line and Orowoko part of PH and learn from his predecessor Amaechi what inner Street look like___ underground drainage and pedestrian walk way with high quality construction. Everybody would recall that when Amaechi took over The Rivers state government, PH and its Environs was like a huge construction site with well mapped out Blue print for quality Road construction. That is what I call real dividend of democracy not the one we are witnessing which is a mere eye service at best.
Finally, a former governor who made the following achievement without sinking his state into huge debt ought to be respected

1) Built over 500 schools with modern state of the art facilities with at least 10 in each LGA (whish other state governor can beat this in quality and quantity), also transformed UST

2) Built over 100 primary and secondary health centers with well equipped facilities with at least 3 in each LGA (whish other state governor can beat this in quality and quantity)

3) Trained and employed over 13,000 teachers and over 400 doctors(trained Abroad) to man those beautiful schools and health center respectively (even the president can’t match this)

4) He revolutionalised infrastructure in Rivers state. Anybody living in Rivers state and really know the state very well will recall that Rivers state as a whole barely has five dualised road before the inception of Amaechi’s administration but the story has change as we have lost count in the number of high quality dualised road with underground drainage and pedestrian walk ways. Several fly over and bridges were constructed. Inner street construction was taken to another level with underground drainages and pedestrian walk way D-line, Oroworokwo, GRA areas come to mind. Check out the infrastructure in Rainbow town initiative stated by the Amaechi’s administration where we have clusters of several up rise building that are almost in completion stage. We also have the greater PH where modern city infrastructure is being constructed( Roads, underground utility system, etc) , Olympic sports complex of international standard with modern state of the art basket ball court (two), Olympic standard aquarium (Two), Fifa standard football pitch (40,000 capacity second largest in the country after Abuja stadium), volley court, etc.

How about the revolution in agriculture, the Songhai initiative, Banana plantation, cassava plantation etc, RSSDA oversea scholarship for both indigenes and non endegens, etc. In fact, you need a full book to completely reel off the achievement of this young ex governor of Rivers State.

For those of you that are breaking their heads that he is begging for a position in Buhari’s cabinet. I wonder how a man that have tested the position of a speaker and governor (16yrs in between) in one of the richest state in Nigeria be desperate about mere ministerial position. I guest he is most okay and satisfied with the position he assumed since 29th may, 2015 which is the control general of SEPTO (Send Ebele and Patient back to otueke)

bros u'r are rightoo. where is the official report of the probe panel. wike should answer this

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News:wike Probe Panel:amaechi Gov.embezzled Over N250b In 2yrs-vanguard by ahaz: 5:34pm On Aug 06, 2015
drshrewd:
no matter how wike, PDP and their group try to sore Amaechi's good name his good works and good will will speak for him
yes ameachis good name, Rochas good name, oshomole good name, tinubu good names, fashole good name. APC you guys really have a strange way of defining good names. Hypocrites!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News:wike Probe Panel:amaechi Gov.embezzled Over N250b In 2yrs-vanguard by techmatas: 6:00pm On Aug 06, 2015
op, your post is damn funny what is otapiapia grin
Re: Breaking News:wike Probe Panel:amaechi Gov.embezzled Over N250b In 2yrs-vanguard by drshrewd: 9:33am On Aug 07, 2015
ahaz:
yes ameachis good name, Rochas good name, oshomole good name, tinubu good names, fashole good name. APC you guys really have a strange way of defining good names. Hypocrites!

give us concrete proof or evidence of their fraudulence dealings or shove your very shallow opinion in your a55 hole
Re: Breaking News:wike Probe Panel:amaechi Gov.embezzled Over N250b In 2yrs-vanguard by drshrewd: 12:20pm On Aug 08, 2015
PDP will soon die of propaganda
Re: Breaking News:wike Probe Panel:amaechi Gov.embezzled Over N250b In 2yrs-vanguard by CharlesPhc: 12:26pm On Aug 08, 2015
You even quoted 'Vanguard' on your caption...!!!

Either you quoted an article from vanguard, you are representing vanguard, you are an imposter hiding behind the name of vanguard or simply an APC propagandist

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News:wike Probe Panel:amaechi Gov.embezzled Over N250b In 2yrs-vanguard by ogba20: 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2015
phantom:
OP....dem go begin abuse you Very Soon for speaking the truth.
Dont believe me? Just watch... wink
hahahaha, na their way na na we know them wela.they hardly see what is wrong in apc.
Re: Breaking News:wike Probe Panel:amaechi Gov.embezzled Over N250b In 2yrs-vanguard by drshrewd: 10:58am On Aug 10, 2015
CharlesPhc:
You even quoted 'Vanguard' on your caption...!!!

Either you quoted an article from vanguard, you are representing vanguard, you are an imposter hiding behind the name of vanguard or simply an APC propagandist

are you really oK

(1) (Reply)

Threads On Ndigbo Makes Up 70% Of Politics Section;a Phenomenon And An Enigma! / Alert! Alert! Alison Has Been Granted Bail. / Portharcourt Police Foils Bank Robbery (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.