Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,004 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse (34768 Views)

Man Survives After Throat Was Slit By Rampaging Armed Robbers. Graphic Photos / "Why I Slit My Boyfriend's Neck" – Mother Of 2 Confesses (Disturbing Photos) / Commercial Sex Worker Killed In Maiduguri With Her Throat Slit In Hotel Toilet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by adaxxy: 10:49pm On Aug 06, 2015
Vanquay:
cheesy cheesy winkYORUBA AGAIN shocked. Thank God am.................NIGERIAN undecided
Is it Yoruba's name?
Fvcking tribalistic.
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by adaxxy: 10:53pm On Aug 06, 2015
[quote author=Vanquay post=36677025] cheesy cheesy winkYORUBA AGAIN shocked. Thank God am.................NIGERIAN undecided[/quote and this ? Abu Mohammed, 
Alee ka
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by dharyour93(m): 2:32am On Aug 07, 2015
dre11:

By Esther Onyegbula
When a couple, Mr. and Mrs. Ekpenyong, left their abode in Ibafo, Ogun State, to visit their mother -in-law in Lagos, little did they know that it would lead to the tragic end of the bread winner of the family.

Police sources said the couple left their home on July 25, 2015, and went straight to Shomolu area of Lagos where their mother-in law resides. While middle-aged Kubirat Ekpenyong, stayed with the mother in-law, her husband, Meshack, 41, stayed with a friend at Ago-Owu street in Bariga.

Wife narrates ordeal
Narrating the circumstances that led to the gruesome murder of her husband, the mother of one said, “At about 8pm on July 25, 2015, I received a call from a man who identified himself as Lekan Olusho, that my husband has been killed and that I should go and pick his corpse.
That was simply how I received the news of the death of my husband. I don’t know anybody called Lekan Olusho. I don’t even know the particular house in Ago-Owu area where he was staying with his friend. My husband works with a private security company in Ogun state. It was Lekan and his gang of cultists that murdered him. All I want is justice. Those involved in the murder of my husband should not go free,”

Throat slit open
Crime Alert gathered that the throat of the victim was slit open by cultists who invaded Ago-Owu street in Bariga area where he was staying with a friend. His wife was later called to pick up his corpse which was abandoned on the street. It was learned that in the course of investigation, detectives attached to the State Criminal and Investigations Department, SCID, Panti, Yaba, Lagos, arrested nine suspected cultists in connection with the victim’s death.
Among the suspects were ; Taye Ajayi, 20; Biodun Olaide, 25; Aliu Adisa, 26; Sunday Nwukuliye, 27; Micheal Odubamise, 22; Abu Mohammed, 14; Adetayo Adeboye, 24; Basiru Rewane, 20; and Ayomide Surulere. The police also recovered a cutlass and two charms from the suspects.

Suspects deny involvement
However, one of the suspects who vehemently denied the allegation, Taye Ajayi, told Crime Alert that it was one Lekan Olusho, who is currently at large that slit the victim’s throat with a machete. “ It was Lekan that called the victim’s wife to pick up his corpse which was abandoned along the street in Ago-Owu,”he stated.
Another suspect, Biodun Olayide, 25, told Crime Alert that although he smokes Indian hemp because of cold and the kind of job he does as a commercial motorcycle operator, he was not involved in the fighting that caused the victim’s death. “ In fact, I don’t know anything about the victim’s death.
I live at Oworonshoki area and the incident occurred in Bariga. I was arrested on Saturday which was an environmental day while I was taking a passenger from Oshodi Park to Olajide bus stop. I was going to work when I saw some policemen. When they asked me to stop, I didn’t because I ddidn’t want them to arrest me.
They chased me and eventually caught up with me. I have been a commercial motorcyclist for over two years now. My two front teeth were removed during a motorcycle accident.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/cultists-slit-husbands-throat-call-wife-to-carry-corpse/

picture of One of the suspects,
(Biodun Olayide)

I was at Ago Owu on the said date. It as 8am in the morning not 8pm.
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by azimibraun: 5:44am On Aug 07, 2015
At 41 I just wonder what his connection with the fellas in their 20 are; besides he voluntarily left ibafo with his wife to visit Lagos. He was not tailed down to his house in ibafo and in all of these where is his "HOST"? Remember one of the suspects said he was not part of the "Fight" that led to the death of Mr Meshak. The story to me is spooky... I don't think half the story is and will ever be told. the killers may be Cultists but his death was not "Gang Related" he just may have died of" Braggadocio" He may have had by any means a small quarrel with some area boys in the place he ws to spend a night and he would hve told them" Una dey Craze...Nothing una fit do... I go deal with una for una street...and nothing go happen... Una sabi wia I come from.. bla bla bla" people don't make empty threats and curses like that and go unpublished by guys who don't take threats lightly. that's my thinking. But killing him is not an excuse at all. It can't be justified.
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by Gospels: 8:33am On Aug 07, 2015
Midehi:
his head should be twisted backward and let him remain like that for the rest of his life
seriously if you were given the opportunity can you do what you just said
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 07, 2015
Gospels:
seriously if you were given the opportunity can you do what you just said
if i was to be a military man,yes i will
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by tbadejo25: 11:42am On Aug 07, 2015
What exactly is happening in this country for God's sake?!
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by tbadejo25: 11:45am On Aug 07, 2015
This might be a joke but most won't find it funny.
Vanquay:
cheesy cheesy winkYORUBA AGAIN shocked. Thank God am.................NIGERIAN undecided
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 07, 2015
Different humans, Different Sense of Humour. But you are right..........ITS kinda like a sick joke cry
tbadejo25:
This might be a joke but most won't find it funny.
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by tbadejo25: 1:24pm On Aug 07, 2015
yes. yes, it is
Vanquay:
Different humans, Different Sense of Humour. But you are right..........ITS kinda like a sick joke cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

U.S. Pedophile Doctor Disgraced, Sentenced To 235 Years Imprisonment(Photos) / Kennedy Amarah: Police arrests Lagos businessman who circulates nude photos / Touts Dispossess Policeman Of His AK-47 Rifle After Visiting A Brothel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.