Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,066 members, 7,825,370 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse (34783 Views)

Man Survives After Throat Was Slit By Rampaging Armed Robbers. Graphic Photos / "Why I Slit My Boyfriend's Neck" – Mother Of 2 Confesses (Disturbing Photos) / Commercial Sex Worker Killed In Maiduguri With Her Throat Slit In Hotel Toilet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by Donchkus(m): 5:48pm On Aug 06, 2015
This OGUN again......den of Demons
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by OVI75(m): 5:49pm On Aug 06, 2015
OGUN AND RITUAL,BE LIKE BREAD AND BUTTER.
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by delishpot: 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2015
Na wah o.
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by Deckynyansha(f): 5:55pm On Aug 06, 2015
hmmmmmm....odiegwu ooo

1 Like

Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by sigiyaya(m): 5:59pm On Aug 06, 2015
FEAR YORUBA!!

2 Likes

Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by manie(m): 6:11pm On Aug 06, 2015
dre11:

By Esther Onyegbula
When a couple, Mr. and Mrs. Ekpenyong, left their abode in Ibafo, Ogun State, to visit their mother -in-law in Lagos, little did they know that it would lead to the tragic end of the bread winner of the family.

Police sources said the couple left their home on July 25, 2015, and went straight to Shomolu area of Lagos where their mother-in law resides. While middle-aged Kubirat Ekpenyong, stayed with the mother in-law, her husband, Meshack, 41, stayed with a friend at Ago-Owu street in Bariga.

Wife narrates ordeal
Narrating the circumstances that led to the gruesome murder of her husband, the mother of one said, “At about 8pm on July 25, 2015, I received a call from a man who identified himself as Lekan Olusho, that my husband has been killed and that I should go and pick his corpse.
That was simply how I received the news of the death of my husband. I don’t know anybody called Lekan Olusho. I don’t even know the particular house in Ago-Owu area where he was staying with his friend. My husband works with a private security company in Ogun state. It was Lekan and his gang of cultists that murdered him. All I want is justice. Those involved in the murder of my husband should not go free,”

Throat slit open
Crime Alert gathered that the throat of the victim was slit open by cultists who invaded Ago-Owu street in Bariga area where he was staying with a friend. His wife was later called to pick up his corpse which was abandoned on the street. It was learned that in the course of investigation, detectives attached to the State Criminal and Investigations Department, SCID, Panti, Yaba, Lagos, arrested nine suspected cultists in connection with the victim’s death.
Among the suspects were ; Taye Ajayi, 20; Biodun Olaide, 25; Aliu Adisa, 26; Sunday Nwukuliye, 27; Micheal Odubamise, 22; Abu Mohammed, 14; Adetayo Adeboye, 24; Basiru Rewane, 20; and Ayomide Surulere. The police also recovered a cutlass and two charms from the suspects.

Suspects deny involvement
However, one of the suspects who vehemently denied the allegation, Taye Ajayi, told Crime Alert that it was one Lekan Olusho, who is currently at large that slit the victim’s throat with a machete. “ It was Lekan that called the victim’s wife to pick up his corpse which was abandoned along the street in Ago-Owu,”he stated.
Another suspect, Biodun Olayide, 25, told Crime Alert that although he smokes Indian hemp because of cold and the kind of job he does as a commercial motorcycle operator, he was not involved in the fighting that caused the victim’s death. “ In fact, I don’t know anything about the victim’s death.

I live at Oworonshoki area and the incident occurred in Bariga. I was arrested on Saturday which was an environmental day while I was taking a passenger from Oshodi Park to Olajide bus stop. I was going to work when I saw some policemen. When they asked me to stop, I didn’t because I ddidn’t want them to arrest me.
They chased me and eventually caught up with me. I have been a commercial motorcyclist for over two years now. My two front teeth were removed during a motorcycle accident.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/cultists-slit-husbands-throat-call-wife-to-carry-corpse/

picture of One of the suspects,
(Biodun Olayide)

I think some guys in that hood, were not happy that someone outside the hood came to marry a babe from their hood. This is just my own speculation.
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by Badonasty(m): 6:17pm On Aug 06, 2015
rip embarassedrip
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by skyface00(m): 6:19pm On Aug 06, 2015
Most especially the bike man

boman2014:
I KNOW THOSE PEOPLE ARE INNOCENT . THE POLICE ARE FOND OF ARRESTING INNOCENT CITIZEN AT CRIME SCENE

1 Like

Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by 1miccza: 6:24pm On Aug 06, 2015
Knowing the NPF very well from experience i won't be surprised if almost all of these guys are innocent!!! Yeye people!!!
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 06, 2015
I don't know why people join cult is like activating a bomb and you don't know when it will explode.

So sad
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:38pm On Aug 06, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Devilish act! embarassed
I tell you!
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by Kayydon007: 6:49pm On Aug 06, 2015
The story doesn't add up to me. Was it an arranged murder or just victim of circumstances?? What's the friends role in the matter? Rest in peace doe
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by donem: 6:57pm On Aug 06, 2015
E don reach time for God to destroy that Ogun state.
which kind thing be this with Ogun state?
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 06, 2015
Vanquay:
cheesy cheesy winkYORUBA AGAIN shocked. Thank God am.................NIGERIAN undecided

seun lalasticlala Ishilove..

this dude has been breaking rule 3 remorselessly & nothing has been about it

you only push ban buttons for meaningless e-duels forgetting that tribal slurs are worse .
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 06, 2015
Islie:

This shows how cruel these guys are

After killing him they still have the heart to call her wife to pic the corpse

Literally......... They mean that
"we killed him and their is nothing you can do about it"

actually they were kind cos they saved her the stress, uncertainty & trouble .

if he didn't return home for 10 years the wife would still be looking for him & won't be at rest
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 06, 2015
It was a Joke. Am Yoruba. You would need to dig up more dirt if you want me Banned. Tribaliste Scum.Allez déranger vos adolescents dans Romanceland undecided
darkenedrebel:

seun lalasticlala Ishilove..

this dude has been breaking rule 3 remorselessly & nothing has been about it

you only push ban buttons for meaningless e-duels forgetting tribal slurs are worse

1 Like

Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by limamintruth: 7:05pm On Aug 06, 2015
dre11:

By Esther Onyegbula
When a couple, Mr. and Mrs. Ekpenyong, left their abode in Ibafo, Ogun State, to visit their mother -in-law in Lagos, little did they know that it would lead to the tragic end of the bread winner of the family.

Police sources said the couple left their home on July 25, 2015, and went straight to Shomolu area of Lagos where their mother-in law resides. While middle-aged Kubirat Ekpenyong, stayed with the mother in-law, her husband, Meshack, 41, stayed with a friend at Ago-Owu street in Bariga.

Wife narrates ordeal
Narrating the circumstances that led to the gruesome murder of her husband, the mother of one said, “At about 8pm on July 25, 2015, I received a call from a man who identified himself as Lekan Olusho, that my husband has been killed and that I should go and pick his corpse.
That was simply how I received the news of the death of my husband. I don’t know anybody called Lekan Olusho. I don’t even know the particular house in Ago-Owu area where he was staying with his friend. My husband works with a private security company in Ogun state. It was Lekan and his gang of cultists that murdered him. All I want is justice. Those involved in the murder of my husband should not go free,”

Throat slit open
Crime Alert gathered that the throat of the victim was slit open by cultists who invaded Ago-Owu street in Bariga area where he was staying with a friend. His wife was later called to pick up his corpse which was abandoned on the street. It was learned that in the course of investigation, detectives attached to the State Criminal and Investigations Department, SCID, Panti, Yaba, Lagos, arrested nine suspected cultists in connection with the victim’s death.
Among the suspects were ; Taye Ajayi, 20; Biodun Olaide, 25; Aliu Adisa, 26; Sunday Nwukuliye, 27; Micheal Odubamise, 22; Abu Mohammed, 14; Adetayo Adeboye, 24; Basiru Rewane, 20; and Ayomide Surulere. The police also recovered a cutlass and two charms from the suspects.

Suspects deny involvement
However, one of the suspects who vehemently denied the allegation, Taye Ajayi, told Crime Alert that it was one Lekan Olusho, who is currently at large that slit the victim’s throat with a machete. “ It was Lekan that called the victim’s wife to pick up his corpse which was abandoned along the street in Ago-Owu,”he stated.
Another suspect, Biodun Olayide, 25, told Crime Alert that although he smokes Indian hemp because of cold and the kind of job he does as a commercial motorcycle operator, he was not involved in the fighting that caused the victim’s death. “ In fact, I don’t know anything about the victim’s death.
I live at Oworonshoki area and the incident occurred in Bariga. I was arrested on Saturday which was an environmental day while I was taking a passenger from Oshodi Park to Olajide bus stop. I was going to work when I saw some policemen. When they asked me to stop, I didn’t because I ddidn’t want them to arrest me.
They chased me and eventually caught up with me. I have been a commercial motorcyclist for over two years now. My two front teeth were removed during a motorcycle accident.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/cultists-slit-husbands-throat-call-wife-to-carry-corpse/

picture of One of the suspects,
(Biodun Olayide)

Hmm, always ogun state. Nawaoooo embarassed
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 06, 2015
Vanquay:
It was a Joke. Am Yoruba. You would need to dig up more dirt if you want me Banned. Tribaliste Scum.Allez déranger vos adolescents dans Romanceland undecided

it doesn't matter whether you are Yoruba or not

what sane man makes sensitive & expensive tribal jokes on a topic that involved a gory murder ?

your comment was the 1st & anybody in the world[foreigners/Nationals] could have seen it - do you know the wrong message you are passing subliminally - you even got 4 likes for it [that's 4 people you just misled because of your so-called joke]

always think about your actions & its consequences.

& you cussing me in French only proves further that you have some serious growing up to do.
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 06, 2015
Do you want Spanish. Mi propósito Sole era engañar a la gente como un troll

Or some German. On further thought there's no point in typing it undecided
darkenedrebel:

it doesn't matter whether you are Yoruba or not

what sane man makes sensitive & expensive tribal jokes on a topic that involved a gory murder ?

your comment was the 1st & anybody in the world[foreigners/Nationals] could have seen it - do you know the wrong message you are passing subliminally - you even got 4 likes for it [that's 4 people you just misled because of your so-called joke]

always think about your actions & its consequences.

& you cussing me in French only proves further that you have some serious growing up to do.
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 06, 2015
I am still worried about the lack of sustainable employment for Lagos indigenous residents who have fallen to thuggery and gangsterism. Mushin, Iba, Ojo, Orile, Coker-Aguda, Shitta, Owode, Ikorodu Ojodu-Berger you will hear stories of brazen murder that no reasonable Justice is dispensed to deter future occurences.

I wonder why the massive investments in Real Estates by LASG when residents will ultimately be murdered like rats in a trap -AMBO Think Employment - Think Security for all Lagosians
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by Missmossy(f): 7:25pm On Aug 06, 2015
Chai!!

Wicked people be killing people anyhow angry
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by FOLLEY20(m): 7:25pm On Aug 06, 2015
All these events are the beginning of the end. Imagine little children being involved in criminal acts.
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by ojnnaco(m): 7:31pm On Aug 06, 2015
although he smokes Indian hemp because of cold and the kind of job he does as a commercial motorcycle operator, he was not involved in the fighting that caused the victim’s death
I tire for this confession.. and frivolous excuses
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:47pm On Aug 06, 2015
Vanquay:
cheesy cheesy winkYORUBA AGAIN shocked. Thank God am.................NIGERIAN undecided

This ethnic hate is getting boring and becoming nauseating

1 Like

Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 06, 2015
It was a joke undecided
GeneralShepherd:

This ethnic hate is getting boring and becoming nauseating
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by tony1918(m): 8:17pm On Aug 06, 2015
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by yommen: 8:28pm On Aug 06, 2015
Vanquay:

Your comment only portrays you as the bigot and the xenophobe that you are.

First i can see an igbo name in the list of suspect. secondly, the guy that called the deseased's wife could not have revealed his real name.

But lets flash a number of years. A particular Cynthia Osokogu, a daughter of a retired general met a guy on facebook. after a while she came visiting her facebook lover in Lagos all the way from the east. She died in an hotel in Lagos and it was discovered that she was raped, and eventually murdered by her facebook lover and his friends.

The girl's murderous lover, all the two of his friends and even the guy that sold the drugs to them were all ibos. this was a daughter of a retired general.

what i see about some ibo people is that u like to brag when u see things from other people but YOU ARE WORSE!!!
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by israelBigFame(m): 8:33pm On Aug 06, 2015
Eiye boys no wan get sense. Idiots
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by shine96: 8:33pm On Aug 06, 2015
God go punish all of them. Evil
Re: Cultists Slit Husband’s Throat, Call Wife To Carry Corpse by teryorluv(f): 8:36pm On Aug 06, 2015
Melahou:

you sounded like a retired POLICE WOMAN
Haaaahaaaa u wants to kill me with laugh oo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman Pretending To Carry A Baby But Weeds Arrested (Photo) / Touts Dispossess Policeman Of His AK-47 Rifle After Visiting A Brothel / I Was Chained And Forced To Sleep With Over 30 Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.