Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,955 members, 7,824,997 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Help A Friend: How Can He Recover And Know Who Stole His Western Union Funds - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help A Friend: How Can He Recover And Know Who Stole His Western Union Funds (725 Views)

Educators Credit Union Funds Availability / Innoson Vs GTB: How GTB Stole Over N700 Million From Innoson’s Account - APC New / How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Friend: How Can He Recover And Know Who Stole His Western Union Funds by valony(m): 7:28pm On Aug 06, 2015
Hello fellow nairalanders...

A friend of mine went to a first bank branch in Owerri to collect western union. After filling the form and then putting the last 4digits of the MTCN, he was told that someone was currently collecting the money at another terminal and was told to call the sender to cancel the transaction (which is definitely late).

To cut the long story short, the money was collected by someone else somewhere else, and he was told by the banker that she could not access where the money was collected. PLEASE WHAT CAN HE DO TO RECOVER THE FUNDS AND/OR KNOW WHERE and who COLLECTED THE MONEY!?

PS: He stays alone and nobody could have seen the code. He received it on whatsapp and he uses a blackberry, could the code have been gotten through his whatsapp
Anyway I think is highly unlikely.
Re: Help A Friend: How Can He Recover And Know Who Stole His Western Union Funds by lovito(f): 7:56pm On Aug 06, 2015
there's a customer care number on the western union form. tell her to call the number, they will give her details of where the money was collected
Re: Help A Friend: How Can He Recover And Know Who Stole His Western Union Funds by MRBrownJ: 8:10pm On Aug 06, 2015
the guy should have automatically gone to another Western Union branch to verify the information given to him by this possibly crooked bank employee (You can even check online). also, when contacting the bank, make sure they CONFIRM the time of withdrawal and if it does match the time you were at the branch.

if the money was already collected then it is probably gone!
Re: Help A Friend: How Can He Recover And Know Who Stole His Western Union Funds by libertyfather(m): 8:12pm On Aug 06, 2015
lovito:
there's a customer care number on the western union form. tell her to call the number, they will give her details of where the money was collected

That's not possible only the sender can get information from western union where the money is collected and besides the information has been leaked somewhere even the western union cashier may be the thief.... I ve also got same issue before but that's money gramm
Re: Help A Friend: How Can He Recover And Know Who Stole His Western Union Funds by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 06, 2015
Werent aware of bug...?
Re: Help A Friend: How Can He Recover And Know Who Stole His Western Union Funds by lovito(f): 8:57pm On Aug 06, 2015
it has happened to someone on this forum before. He called the number and after much explanation he was told the time and location where the money was collected. But he didn't get a refund.
Re: Help A Friend: How Can He Recover And Know Who Stole His Western Union Funds by kennyman2000(m): 9:07pm On Aug 06, 2015
I suspect the bank cashier.. They once did it to a friend.. They're later bursted. Didnt know how they got it settled though.
Re: Help A Friend: How Can He Recover And Know Who Stole His Western Union Funds by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 06, 2015
valony:

A friend of mine went to a first bank branch in Owerri to collect western union. After filling the form and then putting the last 4digits of the MTCN, he was told that someone was currently collecting the money at another terminal and was told to call the sender to cancel the transaction (which is definitely late).

To cut the long story short, the money was collected by someone else somewhere else, and he was told by the banker that she could not access where the money was collected. PLEASE WHAT CAN HE DO TO RECOVER THE FUNDS AND/OR KNOW WHERE and who COLLECTED THE MONEY!?

PS: He stays alone and nobody could have seen the code. He received it on whatsapp and he uses a blackberry, could the code have been gotten through his whatsapp
The sender would have received a message via (SMS) with details of the transaction. So contact the sender. Probably, the banker wanted to play on the intelligence of the expected receiver. This situation occurs when the transaction in question is not "straight forward".
Re: Help A Friend: How Can He Recover And Know Who Stole His Western Union Funds by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 06, 2015
valony:

The sender would have received a message via (SMS) with details of the transaction. So contact the sender. Probably, the banker wanted to play on the intelligence of the expected receiver. This situation occurs when it is discovered by the cashier that the transaction in question is not "straight forward".

(1) (Reply)

The Unheard Mcdonalds Story And Your Level Of Success / London Fairly Used Samsung-blackberry And Infinix Phone For Sale: Afri-mall / Join, Invite And Earn At No Cost. Legitimate Way You Can Earn Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.