Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? (28034 Views)

How Do I Recover A Debt From My Pastor? / How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? / How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by udumosam23(m): 6:33am On Sep 28, 2017
I offer quickteller and agent banking services. A customer made a cash deposit, but during the transfer from my account to hers, there was network issue and i got a failure notice from my mobile app. I tried again and it was successful.

Latter i realised both transactions were succesful. I called her and she called the recipients who complained she is in hospital as at the time. So she gave me the number of the recipient to call her myself.

I did call her, and she told me she was still at the hospital, and though she acknowledged the double transfer, but her health comes first.

I sympathize with her situation and gave her time. I also prayed for her recovery (pls don't think it's because of the money, I'm a Christian).

After a week i called again and thankfully she has recovered, but she was harsh on me. She complained that was not the first time someone posted money wrongly to her account. And finally ask me to remove the money if i have a way of doing so.

I went to the bank to lodge the complain only to realise she has withdrawn all the money. She doesn't even use the account frequently and the address is very far from the East. Infact, she is at Illorin.

I thought of getting a court order as adviced against the account. But then the amount is small, just 30,000. Don't want to think about how much I'll begin to spend with a lawyer in a bid to recover that amount.

My bank also wanted to... (don't even know how they called that) to her account. But money doesn't even come frequently to the account.

I have thought of threatening her, but i have already given her the impression I'm a Christian.

Just thinking on how best to recover my small money without having to spend more than it.

I have also thought of letting go. But each time i do, i think of the amount as too big to dash a criminal. Besides, she said it wasn't the first time. Probably she went away with others, and if she go away with this too, she'll continue and encourage others to do same.

So please what do i do in this case, considering the fact that I'm at the east, and she west.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by Josephjnr(m): 6:36am On Sep 28, 2017
I have no idea what you can do but I can help you choose list of those you can blame,if that will make you feel better a bit.

25 Likes

Re: How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by adekennis(m): 6:48am On Sep 28, 2017
OP, If you have a police friend or someone that can just act like an officer and call her..tell her that there is a petition against her at so so police station that she refund the money or report to the station and state reason why she has refused to refund you..Tell her that if she fail to respond under seven days, they will get court order to block her account and fish her out with her BVN....Trust me she would refund it.

183 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by ipobarecriminals: 6:52am On Sep 28, 2017
angry angry angry the thief feign sicknessto swallow your money.Dnt say the money is too small/talk xtianity here.I can let that 30k go if only i dash u but to fraudulently obtain it,chai!U must vomit it by fire.Post her num here/send her num to Linda ikeji,Radio Ilorin.If u have her pic,post it too

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by udumosam23(m): 6:53am On Sep 28, 2017
Josephjnr:
I have no idea what you can do but I can help you choose list of those you can blame,if that will make you feel better a bit.

You kidding right? �

I need solutions to recover my money, not blames. But you can role in the blames, if it will help improve the society. Make it constructive too.

18 Likes

Re: How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by ipobarecriminals: 6:56am On Sep 28, 2017
adekennis:
OP, If you have a police friend or someone that can just act like an officer and call her..tell her that there is a petition against her at so so police station that she refund the money or report to the station and state reason why she has refused to refund you..Tell her that if she fail to respond under seven days, they will get court order to block her account and fish her out with her BVN....Trust me she would refund it.
block her account?criminals dnt care.If u have paddy working with Telecom,they'll fish her out

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by ipobarecriminals: 6:59am On Sep 28, 2017
udumosam23:

You kidding right? �

I need solutions to recover my money, not blames. But you can role in the blames, if it will help improve the society. Make it constructive too.
why bother/ waste ur time with dat jnr abi u nor see his moniker?pls post the useless lady num

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by madridguy(m): 7:01am On Sep 28, 2017
@ OP, I think you need to let go the money for now. Since you've alert the bank about the wrong transfer, they will surely flag her account waiting for any transaction to pass through her account then they will place it on hold. She will surely go to her bank then they will tell her to pay her debt.

This is what happened to a friend of mine. Bankers in the house can give you better advise though.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by udumosam23(m): 7:10am On Sep 28, 2017
madridguy:
@ OP, I think you need to let go the money for now. Since you've alert the bank about the wrong transfer, they will surely flag her account waiting for any transaction to pass through her account then they will place it on hold. She will surely go to her bank then they will tell her to pay her debt.

This is what happened to a friend of mine. Bankers in the house can give you better advise though.

Yea, i know that. That was what the bank told me too. But i doubt she'll use that account anytime soon.

Besides, more than the money, i want her and similar minded people to realise that it is a crime to keep a money wrongly posted to your account. No matter how much is involved.

23 Likes

Re: How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by dominique(f): 7:16am On Sep 28, 2017
Too many crooks in this country Yet they'll be claiming holy.
Go and lodge a complaint in your bank, they will investigate and contact her bank (if you both use the same bank, then you're in luck). Her bank will contact the recipient and advise her to return the money. If she refuses, after some time they will debit her account (even if she has zero balance) and refund you. Even if it's next year money enters her account again, they will collect their money back with interest. This has happened to someone I know, it took months but he was eventually refunded.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by Florblu(f): 7:27am On Sep 28, 2017
In your words,you said"I gave her the impression I am a Christian" Are you not?

I think you should contact the person that Came to your office to make the transfer, collect her full. name and account details.Call her to warn her for the last time.

If she remain adamant, search for her on Facebook or any other social media or better still use true caller,post her pictures online and make sure you tag all your friends.

If you have friends living in Ilorin,tell them to help you paste her pictures all over ilorin.

You think 30,000 is too small to tarnish someone's image? No, it's not.
You might even end up not collecting the money but she needs to learn.

To start with,drop her number here.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by udumosam23(m): 7:34am On Sep 28, 2017
dominique:
Too many crooks in this country Yet they'll be claiming holy.
Go and lodge a complaint in your bank, they will investigate and contact her bank (if you both use the same bank, then you're in luck). Her bank will contact the recipient and advise her to return the money. If she refuses, after some time they will debit her account (even if she has zero balance) and refund you. Even if it's next year money enters her account again, they will collect their money back with interest. This has happened to someone I know, it took months but he was eventually refunded.

Ok, thanks
Re: How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by udumosam23(m): 7:41am On Sep 28, 2017
Florblu:
In your words,you said"I gave her the impression I am a Christian" Are you not?

I think you should contact the person that Came to your office to make the transfer, collect her full. name and account details.Call her to warn her for the last time.

If she remain adamant, search for her on Facebook or any other social media or better still use true caller,post her pictures online and make sure you tag all your friends.

If you have friends living in Ilorin,tell them to help you paste her pictures all over ilorin.

You think 30,000 is too small to tarnish someone's image? No, it's not.
You might even end up not collecting the money but she needs to learn.

To start with,drop her number here.

Appology for the wrong use of language. I made her know already I'm a chtistian rather.

Tanishing her image might not be right, as it amounts to taking laws to my hands.

As for her number, our both details are up, in a text message evidence.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by AntiWailer: 8:29am On Sep 28, 2017
Approach the bank they will call her and place lien on her account to secure the funds.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by registration(m): 8:29am On Sep 28, 2017
oops
Re: How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by kingsjo(m): 8:30am On Sep 28, 2017
Your name is OYO
Re: How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by Kobicove(m): 8:30am On Sep 28, 2017
The lady you wrongly paid money into her account is a dishonest person, pure and simple! angry

14 Likes

Re: How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by Moreoffaith(m): 8:31am On Sep 28, 2017
Go to her bank and complain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by Kelklein(m): 8:32am On Sep 28, 2017
You are just being unnecessarily apprehensive..

I don't see any problem here... She told you she's not feeling fine and when she gets well, she will find a way to go to a bank or ATM to reverse your money back to you. All you need now is patience. You will get your money.
Re: How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by verygudbadguy(m): 8:32am On Sep 28, 2017
It can be recalled. It may take like 5-7 working days but you will get your money. Go to the bank and complain.

Modified: I just read through the posts above. Your best bet is to keep toasting the woman. She may not be a dishonest person as suggested but some situations can make one become dishonest. If truly she had health issues, pls, give her some time. Maybe she exhausted the cash to look after her ailments.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by BlackDBagba: 8:32am On Sep 28, 2017
I'm thinking of how best to f^% this chic up.. angry

1 Like

Re: How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by GloryCardinal(m): 8:32am On Sep 28, 2017
Twice kwa odiegwu congrats bro
Re: How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by seangy4konji: 8:32am On Sep 28, 2017
u b big boy...free am

opo don chop your money..am a christian for buhari regime..

lol.

PS..I sure say if 6 of you padi call u say guy give me 5 k make i take hold body,do internet and buy food for house u go tell dem say u just pay school fees of children sbi...kwantinue.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by ignis: 8:32am On Sep 28, 2017
Op, before I give my advice, I will like to condemn the act of exposing the Lady's mobile number, which you did on your post. Some gullible people could start calling, insulting and attacking the lady. She could sue you for that and claim damages.

I will advice you get a Court Order, instructing that the account and all her account in every other banks (linked to her BVN) be placed on PND restriction till the money is recovered.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by admax(m): 8:32am On Sep 28, 2017
In my few years on earth, when it comes to money; people characters are revealed and 95% of people are not trustworthy!

34 Likes

Re: How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by Fuadeiza(m): 8:34am On Sep 28, 2017
leh me come back
Re: How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by ayusco85(m): 8:34am On Sep 28, 2017
You have already made the mistake.
Your first move was to call your bank, provide the details of the transaction, let them know you were debited twice instead of once and you want a recall of one. U ve tried contacting the beneficiary but she is not cooperating.
Your bank will contact her bank and the money will be placed on hold, she can't withdraw it, Den her consent will be sought for a reversal bck to your bank then from Ur bank to Ur account.

Just learn Ur lesson, d money might be gone bro

9 Likes

Re: How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by BornAgainMay: 8:34am On Sep 28, 2017
cool

This is when you need the village ppl d most

Just go to the village n strike her down, forget the bornagainism n go to your village.

Its only them that can help your situation.

Strike her down with a bigger sickness.
Cripple if possible..

Nobody should quote me bcz I just said the mind of 98% of the ppl here on nairaland..

Op the guy that you did the transfer for nko?
You can as well hold him responsible

Modified*

I called that number n it was switched off.. The lady is not even on WhatsApp or Facebook..

Op, are you sure you don't have anything personal with the person in question? Why are you hiding her details? Maybe is your geh that you invited over n she refused to come. You want to get back at her...

Put her details here, Facebook, picture and number n you will have your money by tomorrow

11 Likes

Re: How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by DWJOBScom(m): 8:36am On Sep 28, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
angry angry angry the thief feign sicknessto swallow your money.Dnt say the money is too small/talk xtianity here.I can let that 30k go if only i dash u but to fraudulently obtain it,chai!U must vomit it by fire.Post her num here/send her num to Linda ikeji,Radio Ilorin.If u have her pic,post it too

That's what they say while at the bank emptying their account. The moment the false debit notice came in you would have stopped and not try another one. interswitch platform did the same thing to me while maintaining a certain portfolio I have with finance firm . Interswitch must get the notification right

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by oka4ugoo: 8:37am On Sep 28, 2017
Accept my "sinparty"
Re: How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by kolomax(m): 8:37am On Sep 28, 2017
op kindly send me the person's number and also yours let me see what I can do

1 Like

Re: How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by Lexusgs430: 8:37am On Sep 28, 2017
udumosam23:
I offer quickteller and agent banking services. A customer made a cash deposit, but during the transfer from my account to hers, there was network issue and i got a failure notice from my mobile app. I tried again and it was successful.

Latter i realised both transactions were succesful. I called her and she called the recipients who complained she is in hospital as at the time. So she gave me the number of the recipient to call her myself.

I did call her, and she told me she was still at the hospital, and though she acknowledged the double transfer, but her health comes first.

I sympathize with her situation and gave her time. I also prayed for her recovery (pls don't think it's because of the money, I'm a Christian).

After a week i called again and thankfully she has recovered, but she was harsh on me. She complained that was not the first time someone posted money wrongly to her account. And finally ask me to remove the money if i have a way of doing so.

I went to the bank to lodge the complain only to realise she has withdrawn all the money. She doesn't even use the account frequently and the address is very far from the East. Infact, she is at Illorin.

I thought of getting a court order as adviced against the account. But then the amount is small, just 30,000. Don't want to think about how much I'll begin to spend with a lawyer in a bid to recover that amount.

My bank also wanted to... (don't even know how they called that) to her account. But money doesn't even come frequently to the account.

I have thought of threatening her, but i have already given her the impression I'm a Christian.

Just thinking on how best to recover my small money without having to spend more than it.

I have also thought of letting go. But each time i do, i think of the amount as too big to dash a criminal. Besides, she said it wasn't the first time. Probably she went away with others, and if she go away with this too, she'll continue and encourage others to do same.

So please what do i do in this case, considering the fact that I'm at the east, and she west.

The mistake you made was not pegging the extra amount, the moment you realised that error... Once that payment is pegged, she would have no access to the extra funds....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Much Is Dollar To Naira Rate Today (black Market) / EFCC Raids Abuja Bureaux De Change Offices / Zuckerberg’s Non-verbal Message To Nigerian Entrepreneurs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.