Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe (23209 Views)

Shekau Reacts To Al-Barnawi's Emergence As Boko Haram Leader / Fulani Herdsmen Kill Villagers In Taraba! / Villagers In Adamawa Repair Bridge Damaged By Boko Haram (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe by lolaxavier(m): 11:58pm On Aug 06, 2015
Boko Haram Islamists shot dead at least nine people and set homes on fire in a raid on two villages in conflict-hit northeastern Nigeria, fleeing residents told AFP on Thursday.

Villagers described how dozens of gunmen on motorbikes stormed Tadagara and Dunbulwa villages, 170 kilometres (100 miles) from Yobe state capital Damaturu, from Wednesday night through to the following morning.

All nine victims were gunned down with assault rifles as the jihadis attacked Tadagara around 10:30 pm (2130 GMT), looting thatch-roofed mud homes and shops before setting them ablaze, according to witnesses.

“Boko Haram gunmen came on motorcycles and opened fire on the village after we had retired for the night and killed nine residents,” Tadagara villager ‎Shuaibu Nuhu told AFP.

“We fled into the bush ‎from where we saw fire erupting from our homes as the gunmen set them alight after looting them.”

Residents said the Islamists stayed until dawn, sheltering from heavy rain before moving to nearby Dunbulwa village.

The inhabitants there had been warned of the danger by escaped Tadagara residents however and had fled by the time the gunmen arrived.

“We luckily left the village as soon as we heard Boko Haram gunmen were on the attack in Tadagara which was why they found the village empty‎,” said Dunbulwa resident Sani Mai-Masara.

“They carted away food and jerry cans of fuel. They then set fire to our homes.”

Hundreds forced to flee

The attacks forced hundreds of villagers to flee to the town of Potiskum, 70 kilometres away, according to residents there.

Boko Haram’s bloody insurgency in Nigeria has left more than 15,000 people dead since 2009 and has increasingly spread across the country’s borders, with Chad and Cameroon suffering deadly suicide bombings in recent months.

The extremist group, whose name roughly translates as “Western education is forbidden”, has carried on its campaign of attacks on security forces, suicide bombings and bloody raids on villages across Nigeria’s north and eastern borders despite a major regional military campaign against them.

The latest violence in the region comes just over two months after President Muhammadu Buhari took office vowing to crush the Islamist jihadists, now affiliated with the Islamic State group.

Boko Haram fighters have been using the islets in Lake Chad as a rear base after being routed from their traditional strongholds in Nigeria by a four-country military offensive against them.

The Chadian army has launched a “major operation” to flush out Boko Haram jihadists from the vast lake, however, sparking violent clashes between soldiers and the group.

The attacks in Yobe came a day after Boko Haram fighters shot dead nine fishermen near the town of Baga by Lake Chad in neighbouring Borno State.

A week earlier the Islamists slit the throats of 10 fishermen in an attack on three other nearby villages.

Baga was the site of the group’s worst-ever massacre in January, when its fighters were accused of slaughtering hundreds of people and forcing thousands of civilians to flee.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/hundreds-flee-as-boko-haram-guns-down-villagers-in-yobe/

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe by Teophilus96(m): 12:09am On Aug 07, 2015
This bokoharams need to b taught a lesson... mtcheew.......Infact were is my SHAKABULA? M on my way 2 Sambisa forest NOW & pls nobody shuld tell them i'm coming 4them. (FTC! D oda guys were sleeping)

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe by hinwazaka: 12:12am On Aug 07, 2015
This are clearly Blitzkrieg tactics. Hit and run tactics aimed at making rapid quick and successive attacks before the Military arrives to counter them. This is why even drafting a million men is just pointless

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe by lolaxavier(m): 12:23am On Aug 07, 2015
Teophilus96:
This bokoharams need to b taught a lesson... mtcheew.......Infact were is my SHAKABULA? M on my way 2 Sambisa forest NOW & pls nobody shuld tell them i'm coming 4them.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe by pass111(m): 12:26am On Aug 07, 2015
When will this blood bath stop

Will it ever come to and end

Will the issue of boko haram insurgency be a chapter in Nigerian history book

Several questions I'd really love to ask
Re: Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe by ShowYourCertificate: 12:30am On Aug 07, 2015
pass111:

All these will come to an end the very moment we yield and accept the islamization and northernization of Nigeria. That's the bitter truth.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe by Ultimated: 12:31am On Aug 07, 2015
Chai
Re: Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe by Bonapart(m): 12:32am On Aug 07, 2015
God have mercy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe by Blackchampion(m): 12:32am On Aug 07, 2015
News of death by dis time of d day? huh? #smbh
Re: Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe by lolaxavier(m): 12:33am On Aug 07, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
All these will come to an end the very moment we yield and accept the islamization and northernization of Nigeria. That's the bitter truth.

And you know that is not possible.

10 Likes

Re: Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe by DROGON: 12:33am On Aug 07, 2015
Nothing to type.
Re: Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe by Nobody: 12:34am On Aug 07, 2015
Monsters
Re: Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe by Tolexander: 12:35am On Aug 07, 2015
pass111:

sure the menace will definitely end one day!

I have the believe that it can never be like this forever.

The victory is near.

May God help us!

9 Likes

Re: Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe by Nobody: 12:35am On Aug 07, 2015
God Save the people of North East

3 Likes

Re: Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe by Thezoomustfall: 12:35am On Aug 07, 2015
Government of propaganda, so much for boko haram begging for amnesty. Quote me anywhere. Bokoharam will never ever, i say it will never ever ever stop, unless biafra is allowed to emerge. NIGERIA MUST FALL THIS YEAR 2015 All preparations are being made to ensure Nigeria falls before December 2015. THE ZOO MUST FALL

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe by Nobody: 12:35am On Aug 07, 2015
hv not seen any move made by buhari to
terminate boko haram as he promised.
BOKO.HARI is a SCAM!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe by cold(m): 12:36am On Aug 07, 2015
Where's Buratai when you need him? This shouldn't be happening.

3 Likes

Re: Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe by kenedy175(m): 12:36am On Aug 07, 2015
Damn!

These are the people Baba wants to negotiate with.

The north brought this carnage against themselves. That's the bitter truth

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe by PERFECT2(m): 12:37am On Aug 07, 2015
On a day like this when it is my BIRTHDAY,i decree peace to Nigeria.
Happy Birthday to me.

26 Likes

Re: Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe by Nobody: 12:37am On Aug 07, 2015
We are winning the war! About 100 days gone. I will.... I shall... The true word should be.. "I may". Which I knw the Dollard will not. Govt of one chance! Soooo happy to be a wailer. Proudly 5%.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe by joseph1832(m): 12:38am On Aug 07, 2015
I believe its high time PMB place the entire North East on state of emergency and declare marshall law nd lock down the whole place.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe by Nobody: 12:38am On Aug 07, 2015
We are winning the war! About 100 days gone. I will.... I shall... The true word should be.. "I may". Which I knw the Dollard will not. Govt of one chance! Soooo happy to be a wailer. Proudly 5%. I love GEJ

20 Likes

Re: Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe by pass111(m): 12:38am On Aug 07, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:

Keep on dreaming
Nigeria is for everybody and not for some brainwashed barbarians

7 Likes

Re: Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe by jars9: 12:38am On Aug 07, 2015
Educate your people Mr President,they need massive education and reorientation in the NE.

4 Likes

Re: Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe by free2ryhme: 12:39am On Aug 07, 2015
the north is reaping what they sow. illiteracy, hatred, child labor, raping underage girls in the name of Allah and early married. enjoy ur bokoharam. not even grandpa buhari can save u Pple. only education can save d north.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe by dragkibaba(m): 12:39am On Aug 07, 2015
God have mercy...dis Boko boiz no dey ever finish? cry

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe by Thezoomustfall: 12:39am On Aug 07, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Biafrans are not and will never be muslims, just one bomb blast in biafraland and we'll burn the zoo down. Boko haram no dey fear face? Biafrans ain't smiling nowadays.

12 Likes

Re: Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe by hemartins(m): 12:39am On Aug 07, 2015
boko harm must be defeated one day.

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe by Kelklein(m): 12:40am On Aug 07, 2015

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe by ArmaniUhuru: 12:42am On Aug 07, 2015
President Muhammadu "I will & I shall" buhari will still come and say he's winning the war, And even the masturbating slaves will not see anything wrong. 2months is enough to fail.
Buhari is already a failure.
This general na failure.
This mallam na failure.
This aboki na failure.
This illiterate na failure.
This apc messiah na failure.
This daura animal na failure.
This man is nothing but an impotent Kunu sipping fool. Thunder fire him and his masturbaters. *spits*

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Flee As Boko Haram Guns Down Villagers In Yobe by donbugy(m): 12:42am On Aug 07, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

WIPAS: Igbo Group To Raise N500 Billion For 2023 Presidency Project / Court Remands Babangida Aliyu In Prison Custody / Reasons Why I Can Never Work With Tinubu - Bode George

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.