Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters (37603 Views)

Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic / Senate President, Saraki, Reads Ministerial List: LIVE ON TVC / SSA To Saraki, Omishore Lied In His Tweet About El-Rufai - Olatunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by timilehin007(m): 4:18pm On Aug 07, 2015
EmmaFantastic:

Awww....congratulations!...your baby is cute. Happy birthday to her with many happy returns. I wish I could give more than 1 like here grin grin

Thanks a lot bro...God bless you too
Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by timilehin007(m): 4:21pm On Aug 07, 2015
MrsAnyanwu:
cute baby,God bless ur home,pls hope dat is not sachet water oooo,its not healthy for a youngster pls, boil her water nd put in her flask pls ,cheers ........... Back to d topic, I don't understand Nigeria, why would u lie or forge ur own nationality, abi I didn't read well ...

OK thanks for the healthy tip..I shall take note
Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by mempsi: 4:34pm On Aug 07, 2015
This is what over-ambition can do. nobody might have dug anything about B. Saraki if he had listen to the voice of wisdom when vying for the senate president seat. He who comes into equity must come with good hands, Saraki has dug his own grave and i think it is time for him to just resign for all these digging up to stop, otherwise more revelations on the way.
Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by CriticalThought: 4:57pm On Aug 07, 2015
You can just tell that the powers that be want to bring Saraki down. It wont work
Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by Nuzo1(m): 4:58pm On Aug 07, 2015
Enki40:
Alright. But something really baffles me, I wonder why all these revelations are only coming to the fore after he had a disagreement with the APC chieftains. Should we assume they knew all these about him all this while, but have been concealing it? Does that mean there are many other crooks in government whose identities and atrocities are being concealed?
Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by tdmoggy: 6:25pm On Aug 07, 2015
It amazes me how People are so gullible and stupid. The man (Saraki) has dual nationality purely arising from where he was born.
Nigeria allows dual nationality. So what is the fuss about.

He declared his Nigerian origins in his INEC form. The man has never acquired another Nationality,. he is both British and Nigerian at the same time. If it is a requirement that one can not hold dual nationality as a Senate president, i am sure he would simply give up the British passport...So what is all the fuss about ?

You people should think before making silly noises about Sahara reporters "advertisement" for APC, clearly designed to frustrate Saraki. Unfortunately APC is already making some of the very same "witch hunting" mistakes the PDP made and which drove its members into the arms of the APC. In this case, it is rather early of the APC so be doing so..... APC, please get on with governance and stop all this cock and bull stories. Pdp tried the same tactics with Buhari's certificate saga, but it did not work.
Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by godwin120alex: 6:50pm On Aug 07, 2015
I have never seen a party that lives with only propaganda and I will sink them.APC . Not a fan of Saraki
Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 07, 2015
tlops:

The problem now is not his Nationality, but that he lied that he us not a citizen of any other country. Pejury!
Perjury will be hard to prove in court. Writing his date of birth in the "place of birth" column will most likely to be deemed as a mistake, which INEC should have spotted.
Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 07, 2015
timilehin007:

Thanks a lot bro...God bless you too
Welcome.

Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by reuben79: 10:56pm On Aug 07, 2015
CFCfan:

Although he was a bit cunning, the law is on Saraki's side. Because he was born in the UK, he can't be deemed to have "changed" his nationality.
Also, sections 25 and 66 of the constitution show that he is a Nigerian by birth and meets the citizen eligibility standard to run for, and hold elected office in Nigeria.
but where is abubakar came 4m?
Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by reuben79: 10:58pm On Aug 07, 2015
Afam4eva:
APC as a part of digging its own grave without knowing it. There comes a time when you let sleeping dogs like. No party in the world is perfect and certainly not one in Nigeria. They should just let him be. They have made their point and I believe he has learned from his mistakes. A continuous threading on this path will bring the party down.
google story story .com
Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by likila: 4:56am On Aug 08, 2015
olamefun:

That can be nullified if he has declared citizenship of another country cus by so doing u must denounce ur previous country!

once you are a natural Nigerian, you can never lose citizenship. even if you renounce, Nigeria law will still recognize you as a citizen.
I guess the constitution was made to favor Northerners whose grandparents or parents could be proven to have been non-Nigerians.
Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by omoalaro: 7:09am On Aug 08, 2015
Hmm. Na wa o.
Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by McKren(m): 8:05am On Aug 08, 2015
But Buhari also lied on his INEC form
Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by disumusa: 8:46am On Aug 08, 2015
CFCfan:

Although he was a bit cunning, the law is on Saraki's side. Because he was born in the UK, he can't be deemed to have "changed" his nationality.
Also, sections 25 and 66 of the constitution show that he is a Nigerian by birth and meets the citizen eligibility standard to run for, and hold elected office in Nigeria.
what about the name he changed.
Re: Senate President Saraki Lied In His Official Election Forms - Sahara Reporters by Globad(f): 4:08am On Apr 17, 2023
argon500:
SaharaReporters has obtained exclusive copies of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) nomination forms by which Senate President Bukola Saraki ran for the National Assembly election, and they unveil a pattern of lies, evasion and misrepresentation of facts on questions about his nationality and identity.

The documents come weeks after SaharaReporters provided evidence showing that Mr. Saraki is a citizen of the United Kingdom.
For instance, under “Personal particulars of persons seeking election,” the man who would become Senate President declared his nationality to be “Nigerian.” However, when answering the question, “Did you change your nationality in the past?” he indicated “NIL” or no.

As first exposed by SaharaReporters, Mr. Saraki’s passport clearly indicates that he holds citizenship of United Kingdom. Perhaps on account of this, Mr. Saraki left blank Question 10, on whether the prospective candidate has “made a declaration of allegiance to any other country.”

Mr. Saraki’s answers to these questions indicate that he is concealing the fact that he is a bonafide citizen of the United Kingdom. Knowing that it would hurt his political ambitions, he deliberately concealed the fact that he has changed the profile of his nationality in the past.

On the forms, Mr. Saraki also completely evaded question 12, which asked the candidate to specify his place of birth. Rather than declare his place of birth to be Hampstead North, of the Metropolitan Bourough of Hampstead in the United Kingdom, Mr. Saraki craftily repeated his date of birth: 19-12-1962. For some reason, INEC did not invalidate the form as it should have.

On the question of the circumstances of his birth, Mr. Saraki has also played fast and loose with the facts. SaharaReporters has obtained a copy of his birth certificate, which proves that he was born on December 19, 1962 as Olubukola Adebisi Olabowale Saraki but curiously Mr. Saraki’s birth was not registered until a year later in 1963. This is contrary to his name on his INEC documents, which he wrote as Abubakar Bukola Saraki. Our sources who have knowledge of the story say he gave himself this version in an effort to appeal to northern voters in Kwara State.

SaharaReporters contacted Mr. Saraki and his aides to offer an opportunity to them to explain the systemic evasion and misrepresentation of his nationality and citizenship in his election documents, contrary to the law. Nobody appeared willing to provide any explanation as to the discrepancies in his official records and claims as listed in this and previous SaharaReporters stories.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2015/08/06/nigerias-senate-president-saraki-lied-his-official-election-forms

A similar allegation was levelled against Saraki in 2015

Dino Melaye Reacts To Petitions Submitted To INEC For His Recall / See What Was Actually Distributed To Farmers During Buhari’s Visit To Bauchi / Femi Adesina: Real Reason Buhari Can’t Receive Medical Attention In Nigeria