Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt (44444 Views)

Buhari Begins UK Return Plans / Buhari Begins The Process Of Payment Of N5,000 To Extremely Poor Nigerians -Pic / President Buhari Begins Short Vacation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 07, 2015
It's a highly commendable move by the current administration. Let's see how transparent or corrupt the last administration was.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by megamank(m): 7:50am On Aug 07, 2015
omowolewa:
It really good and timely.

But why must the forensic audit be performed by foreign firms only, where is the local content act preached by our government. Must it be foreign always.

How can we appreciate naira when the government gave us the impression that the best can only be foreign.

How can we appreciate Nigerian education when our government made us believe the best should only be imported.

With what I read here I didn't see that it must be a foreign auditing firm. He only said he will engage 2 professional independent auditors he never said local or foreign..... Correct me if I am wrong
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 07, 2015
Using NIGER DELTA governor to probe he's brother. Am definitely sure. JONATHAN won't be indicted for any crime. Rather those under him. Especially ministers of. Finance, petroleum,

anyway is a way

GodBlessNigeria cool

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by texazzpete(m): 7:51am On Aug 07, 2015
Borderless:
I hope the auditors will have some spare time to check the books of Edo State as well under the same period!

Bunch of jokers. Go remove the log in your own eyes rather than trying to remove the speck in someone else's eyes, 'Go and die' governor.

Why does it trouble you so much that corrupt agencies may be held accountable for their actions and failures to remit funds to nigeria?

People like you are traitors. You should be trying to make Nigeria better. Instead you're letting petty partisan politics get in the way of your common sense and desire to see Nigeria improve. What is wrong with you??
This is an audit to check remittances into the Govt account...not a probe of state governments. If you have evidence of Oshiomhole misusing state funds, please approach the EFCC and stop joining the ranks of those desperate to see corruption thrive in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by alexvatt(m): 7:51am On Aug 07, 2015
omowolewa:

But why must the forensic audit be performed by foreign firms only, where is the local content act preached by our government. Must it be foreign always.

How can we appreciate naira when the government gave us the impression that the best can only be foreign.

How can we appreciate Nigerian education when our government made us believe the best should only be imported.
it would be manipulated if audited in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by kolafas1: 7:54am On Aug 07, 2015
omowolewa:

.....we need foreign injection to remove corruption...
even u need d injection 2

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by Goke7: 7:54am On Aug 07, 2015
leo2020:
This is what Fayose n Metuh's dirty mouths have caused..they drew the first blood out of Baba who initially wanted to be d friend of all..Now they will see d stuff Baba is made off..

You have said it all and you are a very good Political analyst, when metuh started running his mouth, I knew he was calling for the burial of pdp, they are the architect of their own misfortune and as for fayose, im food never done grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by porka: 7:54am On Aug 07, 2015
bushdoc9919:

The argument you make is a good one. It is also the reason why we have never been able to fight corruption effectively in Nigeria since Independence.

You Nigerians, the minute a corruption probe begins, you shut it down by saying that ''Why should they probe our son?" Indeed.....we should probe as many people as possible. But we have to start from somewhere....and we have to accept that it will be a time consuming process.

But to answer your question as to why they should probe your son....perhaps it would be better to point out the fact that should your corrupt son be found guilty....it may mean that the corrupt is replaced with the incorrupt...meaning better things for your region/tribe.....and perhaps may stimulate more tribes to get rid of their corrupt leaders....

But then again....this is the country where a corrupt governor who is in jail has people praying for his release because......

[size=13pt]Let the probe begin and less of talking.

In four years time, Buhari himself would be preparing for prison, this time in his old age.

No matter who takes over from Buhari after his tenure in 2019, even if it's Yusuf his son, he will still be probed.

Successive administrations always blame the preceding ones, it won't be different in Buhari's case. All his Sai Baba slaves wont be able to save him. By then, they would have been pauperized by his policies that they would be shouting for another CHANGE.

There's something in Buhari's destiny that attracts prison; he sends people to prison and he is in turn sent to prison. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by Jesusloveyou: 7:54am On Aug 07, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Is he going slow and steady there too? cheesy
did u want them to hurriedly declare ur corrupt hero a thief, just cool, we are not in hurry

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by Goke7: 7:56am On Aug 07, 2015
texazzpete:

Why does it trouble you so much that corrupt agencies may be held accountable for their actions and failures to remit funds to nigeria?

People like you are traitors. You should be trying to make Nigeria better. Instead you're letting petty partisan politics get in the way of your common sense and desire to see Nigeria improve. What is wrong with you??
This is an audit to check remittances into the Govt account...not a probe of state governments. If you have evidence of Oshiomhole misusing state funds, please approach the EFCC and stop joining the ranks of those desperate to see corruption thrive in Nigeria.

chai, what a missile and a very clear message to all! weldone sir, over to the wailers to do the needful!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by kolafas1: 7:58am On Aug 07, 2015
Borderless:
I hope the auditors will have some spare time to check the books of Edo State as well under the same period!

Bunch of jokers. Go remove the log in your own eyes rather than trying to remove the speck in someone else's eyes, 'Go and die' governor.
....leave that to his successor

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 07, 2015
omowolewa:

Think big and globally.

Think of the end result.

Think when Jonathan is jailed for theft.

Think that Biharis government will not and cannot be accused of falsifying data when the audit was done by an impartial entity.

Think that only a non Nigerian can do this work in order to satisfy the outside world when we jail the thieves.

Think that many of those firms have Nigerians working in them.

Think that they'll get paid from recovered money that we may never have gotten anyways.

Think big, not small.

Think that many Nigerians, your brothers and sisters, are working internationally and don't be close minded.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by orunto27: 7:58am On Aug 07, 2015
Good luck in this Witch hunt.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by Goke7: 7:59am On Aug 07, 2015
kolafas1:
.....we need foreign injection to remove corruption...
even u need d injection 2

and injection works faster for that matter as it goes directly into the blood stream grin
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by 49cents(m): 8:00am On Aug 07, 2015
It is actions of selective probes like this is why many african leaders refuse to leave office even after decades in power

In nigeria the case is largely different but the incumbent just imposes his stooge there and nothing new really happens

I think buhari should stick to his earlier plan of starting a new system in Nigeria where corruption in public office will be severely dealt with

The extent he can go for now is to recover stolen funds because as it is even he himself has his hands soiled with the sponsors of his campaign

Corruption can only stop when everyday people can get into public office to fix the wrongs they are sick of seeing: from fixing that everlasting pothole close to their houses and giving a detailed account on how it was fixed

If buhari thinks he can go far with this cosmetic treatment to the problem of corruption in Nigeria he would waste the next three years and won't have achieved a thing at the end

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 07, 2015
My belle don dey sweet oooo. ..change for real.
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by chidiokoye444: 8:01am On Aug 07, 2015
dview001:
Wil PMB say he has no cockroach in his cupboard too? Make him start 4rm himself useless mallam,I wonder Y nigerians vote in a mallam,una go soon regreT sha
dont mind buhari and his party.he shld knw that wat goes around comes around.this is his time so let him use it as he like.others time wil come so we are watching.
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by Femolacaster(m): 8:03am On Aug 07, 2015
maximilian19:

i know u don't know dat stealing is not corruption, can u kindly read ur national constitution? Illiterate dude.
Y are al does probe not in jail or presion, PMB does not know what the diff. Btw stealing n corruption, and when u probe dem for corruption dey fo free, but probe them for stealing dey end up in jail. So go read.
Young man, when next you want to quote me, refrain from using inflammatory remark. I hate exchanging banters very early in the morning. Be warned!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by smarthG(f): 8:03am On Aug 07, 2015
jimi4us:
I just check your profile picture, patience Jonathan left yanssh is hundred billion times finer than your ugly face.

I just checked yours and noticed you just joined Nairaland and its obvious u re biased. And don't even know how to. Carry out research.
Another thing is the fact that you are a suspect. You have been check-uping PEJ behing GEJ.

Mind u, am closer to GEJ than you think or know and. Here on NL I have championed was in his favour but thatt doesn't make him a saint.
GEJ misdeeds must be come to book

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by Goke7: 8:04am On Aug 07, 2015
49cents:
It is actions of selective probes like this is why many african leaders refuse to leave office even after decades in power

In nigeria the case is largely different but the incumbent just imposes his stooge there and nothing new really happens

I think buhari should stick to his earlier plan of starting a new system in Nigeria where corruption in public office will be severely dealt with

The extent he can go for now is to recover stolen funds because as it is even he himself has his hands soiled with the sponsors of his campaign

Corruption can only stop when everyday people can get into public office to fix the wrongs they are sick of seeing: from fixing that everlasting pothole close to their houses and giving a detailed account on how it was fixed

If buhari thinks he can go far with this cosmetic treatment to the problem of corruption in Nigeria he would waste the next three years and won't have achieved a thing at the end

So corruption should continue abi? which new system should we start when 150billion dollars have been missing in just 10 years? na so una like corruption reach?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by erico2k2(m): 8:04am On Aug 07, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Because if it is done in-house.....you Nigerians will promptly cry 'Bias' if the findings are not to your taste.

Then.....the foreigner is technically speaking....neutral.
How do we get to know if they have not bought this new probing firm over?or have our books not been reviewed by forIn firm b4?
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by tete7000(m): 8:05am On Aug 07, 2015
Picking Gov. Oshiomole as the spokesperson of the committee shows how unserious the whole probe thing is. When he knows he is part of this kind of probe panel why is he always coming to make statement that prejudiced the entire probing exercise. I hope this wouldnt be one of those endless probe we ended up not hearing anything about after some time.
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by chriswill20(m): 8:06am On Aug 07, 2015
This is a welcome development.......

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by neocortex: 8:09am On Aug 07, 2015
Johnpaul88:
Soon the wind of change would blow and the romp of the chicken would be exposed! Jonathan better take cover! Your atrocities would soon be brought to light grin grin angry

So what happens after media blackmail ?

If your god Buhari has any concrete evidence let him charge the offenders to court.
Wise leaders try criminals in court not on pages of newspaper.
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by 4ifyomedon(m): 8:09am On Aug 07, 2015
I concur. Let the thieves be made to return our loots. But I am sure it will be a dialog thing. If u stole enough u will be made to return 1/3 or go behind bars. And afterwards this should b enshrined into the Nigerian constitution to leave 6 months out for screening all past govt. No more automatic ticket to national Assembly nor governorship. After ur tenure wait for the outcome of ur govt. If clean, go campaign for other post. If not return the loots and wait next two dispensation if u r lucky again.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by dview001(m): 8:10am On Aug 07, 2015
homosapien:

If this was typed in your right sense then you really need help because if all youth should toe your line of reasoning, obviously there is no hope for Nigeria.

Besides if Gej is clean then no cause for alarm or where you part of those that looted the resources of the Country? if your answer is no then sit, relax and see the outcome of the probe. peace out
u are the one halucinating,if u aren't u wil see that this is simply a battle line drawn btw southerners and northerners,if this probing of a thing was explicit and ideal y can't pMB probe IBB ,abacha and their cohorts na pple lik u they encourage bias and tribalism..peace out
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by funkybully(f): 8:10am On Aug 07, 2015
All talks no action

Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by rusher14: 8:10am On Aug 07, 2015
Neduzze5:
I smell witch hunting!

What happens to starting the probe with Obasanjo and Yaradua's tenure before getting to Jonathan's tenure.

At least, there was the heavily scandalized Haliburton backyard deal.... Atiku and OBJ gat a lot of questions to answer!!

Because there are no handover notes, making it a tedious, vainglorious exercise which could easily be convoluted.

That should have been the responsibility of each succeeding government to its predecessor.

The act of auditing is not necessarily a fault-finding mission but to determine with certainty what you have inherited.

As a Nigerian citizen, I see no reason why the followership would be murmering on behalf of a past government when the searchlight into its activities are beamed.

Is it that we expect to discover sleaze?

Is it that it hurts us to recover possibly lost property and funds?

Who loses? The masses or the corrupt?

In any case this is a good development.

This would prepare preceeding governments against such probes in future.

Perhaps reducing corruption to a minimum.

Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by Atlantian: 8:16am On Aug 07, 2015
After the probe, what next ?

Set up a cabinet.
Show us the blueprint of your goals.
Diversify the Economy from free oil money.
Grant the States Autonomy to use the natural resources on their lands, water and air. And let the states develop individually.

This is what a sane President would have been, but we are cursed with men who cant think outside the box.

I have given up on Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by Jesusloveyou: 8:16am On Aug 07, 2015
Goke7:

You have said it all and you are a very good Political analyst, when metuh started running his mouth, I knew he was calling for the burial of pdp, they are the architect of their own misfortune and as for fayose, im food never done grin
for fayose, it will make him to be a good boy, because if 1 naira by mistakenly miss, immunity will not save him,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mechanics , Touts, Hotels Tops Beneficiaries Of Lagos Island Flood / Obasanjo: I Ran Away From Arabic Qur’anic School Over Fear Of The Cane / The Reasons Gbenga Daniel Dumped PDP - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.