Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt (44438 Views)

Buhari Begins UK Return Plans / Buhari Begins The Process Of Payment Of N5,000 To Extremely Poor Nigerians -Pic / President Buhari Begins Short Vacation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by baralatie(m): 12:48pm On Aug 07, 2015
maestroferddi:
Nigerians are so gullible.

Buhari and his government is just buying time having been found out on the unrealistic electoral promises that ushered them to power.

This hoopla of a probe that took off with media trials of supposed culprits is nothing but a diversionary tactic.

Nothing meaningful will come out of it because it will not be holistic. If Buhari is serious, he should initiate the probe from 1999.

Besides, the findings of this so-called probe will only set off recriminations and counter-probes. Most of the actors of the past administration are still around, so we expect them to come up with their own positions.

At the end of the day, the whole exercise would become a game of musical chairs.

Propaganda is on trial with APC...
on point

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:10pm On Aug 07, 2015
PassingShot:
This is the way to go. In six months or thereabouts, we need to start seeing people behind bars for defrauding Nigeria.

If anyone calls it witch hunting, no problems. Let any witch that has blood in his mouth be hunted and made to face justice.
Can't wait for Ameachi,Tinubu,Obj,Atiku to be probed too
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by sunness(m): 1:12pm On Aug 07, 2015
londongal03:
ok

Quite impressive moves, at least this country will for once and forever breath the winds of CHANGE!
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by 9japatroit(m): 1:42pm On Aug 07, 2015
same old story,diverting attention and grasping at straws just to hide their incompetence,we want results not stories.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by PassingShot(m): 1:50pm On Aug 07, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Can't wait for Ameachi,Tinubu,Obj,Atiku to be probed too
None of them handed over to PMB.
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:55pm On Aug 07, 2015
PassingShot:
None of them handed over to PMB.
But they stole?
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by PassingShot(m): 2:07pm On Aug 07, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
But they stole?
All allegations.
Tinubu was investigated, tried and discharged of all allegations.

Amaechi is being investigated by Wike.

Atiku & OBJ should have been probed by Jona but he chose not to, probably because he knew he was going to steal too.

Should PMB want to probe all past leaders, his four years will not even be enough.

When PMB is done, let his successor probe his regime too. And gradually we will get there.
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by Saao(m): 2:29pm On Aug 07, 2015
bushdoc9919:

The argument you make is a good one. It is also the reason why we have never been able to fight corruption effectively in Nigeria since Independence.

You Nigerians, the minute a corruption probe begins, you shut it down by saying that ''Why should they probe our son?" Indeed.....we should probe as many people as possible. But we have to start from somewhere....and we have to accept that it will be a time consuming process.

But to answer your question as to why they should probe your son....perhaps it would be better to point out the fact that should your corrupt son be found guilty....it may mean that the corrupt is replaced with the incorrupt...meaning better things for your region/tribe.....and perhaps may stimulate more tribes to get rid of their corrupt leaders....

But then again....this is the country where a corrupt governor who is in jail has people praying for his release because......
my son? Maybe I'm closer to buhari state that u. I'm from the north and i m still insisting that is better he probe our 16 years govt of our democratic journey than just only one tenure except he is afriad of obj regime. What about the like of ameachi, and co? Why must he want to start with only gej?
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by Pebcak: 3:01pm On Aug 07, 2015
[img]http://i./BS5naTw6nhlkI.gif[/img]
wailing wailers
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by BushidoBlue(m): 4:11pm On Aug 07, 2015
smarthG:
This is the major purpose Buhari was elected, and any person found wanting should be nailed hard including me.

If GEJ effd, then he deserves to be nailed!
Can I do d nailing? wink
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by Icecream4U(m): 5:15pm On Aug 07, 2015
Yomieluv:
If its only GEJ administration he's probing,then it can be termed witch-hunting.

Let him probe all other predecessors of GEJ too,with that we can recover so many stolen funds.

IBB,Abacha,OBJ etc.
it's GEJ job to prob the administration before his. Since, he (GEJ) failed to do his job, my Galant president (PMB) won't do it for him.
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by friends4ever(m): 6:56pm On Aug 07, 2015
Femolacaster:
Thank you Gej, for creating an enabling environment for corruption to thrive in Naija! And for aknowledging that "Stealing was not corruption" during your regime! Lol

Did GEJ said stealing was not corruption for real real?
I thought it was a joke...
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by shomutuski(m): 8:50pm On Aug 07, 2015
omowolewa:
It really good and timely.

But why must the forensic audit be performed by foreign firms only, where is the local content act preached by our government. Must it be foreign always.

How can we appreciate naira when the government gave us the impression that the best can only be foreign.

How can we appreciate Nigerian education when our government made us believe the best should only be imported.

Am sorry but you have to SHUT UP!!! Are a nigerian I don't think so.. A local forensic audit, where bribes of huge amount will be passed OR where people like you will doubt the result credibility.. I don't think so.. Things like dis, black man no fit do am better than foreign.. Take it or leave it.. We blacks are corrupt.. Very infact.
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by famousdad(m): 9:08pm On Aug 07, 2015
Nice move
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by omowolewa: 9:14pm On Aug 07, 2015
You are so backwards in thought, so ignorant in assertion. Show me a compromised audit firm and I will show you a Nigerian who doesn't know his right.
No matter how foreign that so called foreign firm are, they make use of Nigerian Accountants save for some of their bosses who are foreign.

If you're soo ignorant about what you are saying its better to keep you mouth closed. I have a lot of friends and associates who have done forensic audit. They were not compromised. Talk about what you know man.

shomutuski:

Am sorry but you have to SHUT UP!!! Are a nigerian I don't think so.. A local forensic audit, where bribes of huge amount will be passed OR where people like you will doubt the result credibility.. I don't think so.. Things like dis, black man no fit do am better than foreign.. Take it or leave it.. We blacks are corrupt.. Very infact.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by Femolacaster(m): 9:49pm On Aug 07, 2015
friends4ever:

Did GEJ said stealing was not corruption for real real? I thought it was a joke...
Yes bro, he said it.
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by friends4ever(m): 9:58pm On Aug 07, 2015
Femolacaster:

Yes bro, he said it.

Wao...i thought it was a joke. Thanks for the information
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by reuben79: 11:09pm On Aug 07, 2015
Yomieluv:
If its only GEJ administration he's probing,then it can be termed witch-hunting.

Let him probe all other predecessors of GEJ too,with that we can recover so many stolen funds.

IBB,Abacha,OBJ etc.
story
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by reuben79: 11:12pm On Aug 07, 2015
Neduzze5:
I smell witch hunting!

What happens to starting the probe with Obasanjo and Yaradua's tenure before getting to Jonathan's tenure.

At least, there was the heavily scandalized Haliburton backyard deal.... Atiku and OBJ gat a lot of questions to answer!!
not only atiku and obj ohh,baba will start 4m 1960
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by bravesoul247(m): 9:31am On Aug 08, 2015
These people are big time jokers, why should it be from only 2010-2015? Why can't they start from 1999? They are just hypocrite sha, them no wan probe OBJ's regime only GEJ. Bullcrap!!!
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by Icecream4U(m): 12:34pm On Aug 08, 2015
bravesoul247:
These people are big time jokers, why should it be from only 2010-2015? Why can't they start from 1999? They are just hypocrite sha, them no wan probe OBJ's regime only GEJ. Bullcrap!!!
why didn't GEJ probe OBJ's regime?
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by Rohjay90: 6:13pm On Aug 08, 2015
[quote
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by bravesoul247(m): 8:15pm On Aug 08, 2015
Icecream4U:
why didn't GEJ probe OBJ's regime?
you are changing the subject, what I'm saying is why should oshiomole start from 2010-2015? It is clearly obvious that he just wanna be partial.
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by Icecream4U(m): 10:36pm On Aug 08, 2015
bravesoul247:
you are changing the subject, what I'm saying is why should oshiomole start from 2010-2015? It is clearly obvious that he just wanna be partial.
we are only interested in jonathan's administration bro. since jonathan didn't prob his predecessor, it means what he met there was ok. Gej handed over to PMB. PMB noticed all was not well at all so he decided to probe him. Don't tell me you were expecting PMB to probe all the presidents Nigeria has ever produced.
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by bravesoul247(m): 10:59pm On Aug 08, 2015
Icecream4U:
we are only interested in jonathan's administration bro. since jonathan didn't prob his predecessor, it means what he met there was ok. Gej handed over to PMB. PMB noticed all was not well at all so he decided to probe him. Don't tell me you were expecting PMB to probe all the presidents Nigeria has ever produced.
young man, Nigeria has produced only 4 presidents since the return of democratic rule, we have monies that have been looted since then and he knows, he don't wanna probe OBJ cos they are both party members. What is worth doing is worth doing well.
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by Icecream4U(m): 10:42am On Aug 09, 2015
bravesoul247:
young man, Nigeria has produced only 4 presidents since the return of democratic rule, we have monies that have been looted since then and he knows, he don't wanna probe OBJ cos they are both party members. What is worth doing is worth doing well.
would you say the same if Nigeria had produced 100 presidents since the return of democratic rule? GEJ should have probe OBJ. since GEJ failed in that aspect, He should accept to be made a scapegoat grin for turning a blind eye on corruption. Abi, how you see am?
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by bravesoul247(m): 10:56am On Aug 09, 2015
Icecream4U:
would you say the same if Nigeria had produced 100 presidents since the return of democratic rule? GEJ should have probe OBJ. since GEJ failed in that aspect, He should accept to be made a scapegoat grin for turning a blind eye on corruption. Abi, how you see am?
you no de gree at all, oya I give up but I still maintain that what is worth doing is worth doing well, meanwhile, I have land and landed properties for sale and I work with wakanow( a travel company). Argument doesn't put food on the table you know grin
Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by architectola03(m): 11:41am On Aug 09, 2015
omowolewa:
It really good and timely.

But why must the forensic audit be performed by foreign firms only, where is the local content act preached by our government. Must it be foreign always.

How can we appreciate naira when the government gave us the impression that the best can only be foreign.

How can we appreciate Nigerian education when our government made us believe the best should only be imported.
I can feel what you are feeling deeply inside of you but the fact remains that we Nigerians are desperate to get rich and gullible.... The foreigners aint like us, although no one is pious but they are a bit better than we do.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Total Probe Of Jonathan’s Govt by omowolewa: 3:41pm On Aug 09, 2015
Nice observation, kudos.

As you rightly mentioned, sharp practices are not perculiar to Nigeria company alone. There are a lot of scanders right there in the western world one of which led to SOx act. If Author Anderson were to be a Nigerian firm I wonder what would have been said about the owner or management.

Whistle blowers did a lot of nice work in making 'Financial Intelligence' better in the western world. Alleging that Nigerian firms are corrupt is not enough, get evidence. Its not enough to gather evidences, prosecute. Its not enough to prosecute, but build an infallible system in Nigeria. Then our firms/Companies would not only be a refrence point in our Nations.

I still stand on Joint Audit. Audit Industries has its challenges which there regulating bodies should stand up to handle, but Joint Audit (combination of Foreign and local) would enhance technical skills, human and finacial capital development.

architectola03:

I can feel what you are feeling deeply inside of you but the fact remains that we Nigerians are desperate to get rich and gullible.... The foreigners aint like us, although no one is pious but they are a bit better than we do.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Charly Boy Reacts To Alex Badeh's Death By Assassination / Ganduje To Increase Salaries Of Hisbah Officials For Destroying Beer Bottles / IPOB Protesters Shot & Tear Gassed As Buhari Visits South Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.