Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

GTB: Why Charge 225 Naira Against A Dollar On POS - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTB: Why Charge 225 Naira Against A Dollar On POS (1489 Views)

Nigeria Ranks 7th On Pos Transactions In Africa / Naira Strengthens Further Against Dollar On Parallel Market / Access Bank Limit On International Transactions On Pos And Internet Channels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GTB: Why Charge 225 Naira Against A Dollar On POS by hansdee: 1:15pm On Aug 07, 2015
Am amazed that no one is complaining to GTB as Government agencies or individual that banks like GTB are charging 225 Naira to a dollar for POS transaction when official rate is 199.6 Naira. We talk about change, the corporate entity should be the real guy that need to be held more accountable in this change campaign.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GTB: Why Charge 225 Naira Against A Dollar On POS by frankay430(m): 1:17pm On Aug 07, 2015
service charge
Re: GTB: Why Charge 225 Naira Against A Dollar On POS by morefire: 1:20pm On Aug 07, 2015
Gtbank charged me 212 to a dollar for my Itunes and paypal Transaction just yesterday. you might need to confirm exactly how yours became 225
Re: GTB: Why Charge 225 Naira Against A Dollar On POS by mranova(m): 1:40pm On Aug 07, 2015
Very true and they are fond of doing that. You go to CC and ask for the day's exchange rate and they tell you 199. On carrying out a POS transaction online, they charge at a much higher rate. Which bank then can one use for such POS transactions?
Re: GTB: Why Charge 225 Naira Against A Dollar On POS by hansdee: 1:43pm On Aug 07, 2015
morefire:
Gtbank charged me 212 to a dollar for my Itunes and paypal Transaction just yesterday. you might need to confirm exactly how yours became 225
. I cant contest yours. I am using my card on POS not talking of occasional use they are constantly charging 225. Its just crazy
Re: GTB: Why Charge 225 Naira Against A Dollar On POS by hansdee: 1:44pm On Aug 07, 2015
mranova:
Very true and they are fond of doing that. You go to CC and ask for the day's exchange rate and they tell you 199. On carrying out a POS transaction online, they charge at a much higher rate. Which bank then can one use for such POS transactions?
. FBN is fairer just that am having issue with PIN reset right now.
Re: GTB: Why Charge 225 Naira Against A Dollar On POS by morefire: 2:38pm On Aug 07, 2015
hansdee:
. I cant contest yours. I am using my card on POS not talking of occasional use they are constantly charging 225. Its just crazy

are you outside the country?
Re: GTB: Why Charge 225 Naira Against A Dollar On POS by morefire: 2:40pm On Aug 07, 2015
mranova:

note that you cant get any bank to peg the exchange rate at CBN's rate.. most times its somewhere around 10naira apart but should not be 25 like the case of the moderator..
Re: GTB: Why Charge 225 Naira Against A Dollar On POS by juwoonn(m): 3:29pm On Aug 07, 2015
morefire:

are you outside the country?
They charged me 225 ytd on POS too and blocked my card for int'l transaction.
Re: GTB: Why Charge 225 Naira Against A Dollar On POS by Rebarobyn: 6:18pm On Aug 07, 2015
. No bank will ever charge you official rate as the pos or online. Its interbank rate which is higher by about 10 bucks
Re: GTB: Why Charge 225 Naira Against A Dollar On POS by mranova(m): 2:16pm On Aug 24, 2015
Please has anyone done POS transaction against the dollar latetly? How much was charged?
Re: GTB: Why Charge 225 Naira Against A Dollar On POS by USAutoBuy(m): 6:30pm On Aug 24, 2015
mranova:
Please has anyone done POS transaction against the dollar latetly? How much was charged?

Withdrew yesterday (Aug.23rd) here in Florida with my GTB card. N226/$1

1 Like

Re: GTB: Why Charge 225 Naira Against A Dollar On POS by twosquare(m): 8:00pm On Aug 24, 2015
mranova:
225/$1 via Paypal.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Uba Can Be Another 'dangote' If He Avoids Politics! / For Your Automobile Clearing And Import Duties And Export With Ease, Bank On Us / My Journey In Fx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.