Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,669 members, 7,820,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Religion Should Be Abolished - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Should Be Abolished (1220 Views)

Why Religion Should Not Divide Us / Those Who Abandon Their Religion Should Be Executed, Says Imam / Religion Should Stop Being Taught In Schools! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion Should Be Abolished by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 07, 2015
Taking into account the gross evil that religion has perpetuated over the centuries till now , it is time that we ban religion for good.

Religion is based on fear , myth and superstition.

It is a farce !!

1 Like

Re: Religion Should Be Abolished by johnydon22(m): 2:18pm On Aug 07, 2015
Why don't we start by banning Guns, bombs, violence, conflicts, wars, nuclear warheads and other things that are imminent danger to man rather than ideologies like religious or cultural ones.

Right to religion is healthy, same goes to right to question it but calling for a ban on religions encroaches into the rights of individuals and it is totally wrong...

One cannot say religion is the only or the worst problem to man, sometimes religions also have their own good uses

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion Should Be Abolished by hahn(m): 2:23pm On Aug 07, 2015
johnydon22:
Why don't we start by banning Guns, bombs, violence, conflicts, wars, nuclear warheads and other things that are imminent danger to man rather than ideologies like religious or cultural ones.

Right to religion is healthy, same goes to right to question it but calling for a ban on religions encroaches into the rights of individuals and it is totally wrong...

One cannot say religion is the only or the worst problem to man, sometimes religions also have their own good uses

I agree. Abolishing religion is totally unnecessary

There are lots of other fundamental issues to be addressed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion Should Be Abolished by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 07, 2015
okay maybe I went too far especially without qualification.

Let me rephrase - Ban all radical religion that tries to spread it's ideology by force .

1 Like

Re: Religion Should Be Abolished by dalaman: 3:25pm On Aug 07, 2015
Religions can never be banned. Radical extremism should be checked.
Re: Religion Should Be Abolished by tartar9(m): 6:05pm On Aug 07, 2015
johnydon22:

xtianity should be banned!
Re: Religion Should Be Abolished by plaetton: 6:27pm On Aug 07, 2015
Hal Le Lu Ya!
Epic moment on Nairaland, . When Yahweh gets thrown out of the window, by none other than Frosbel.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Religion Should Be Abolished by finofaya: 8:49pm On Aug 07, 2015
It is the adherents of the religion that are radical. Religions with extremists also have moderates. How do you classify a religion as radical in light of this?

1 Like

Re: Religion Should Be Abolished by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:38pm On Aug 07, 2015
johnydon22:

If this is sincere ... you'd really make a good christian .

1 Like

Re: Religion Should Be Abolished by Empiree: 5:32am On Aug 08, 2015
DEDUCTION: johnydon22 is rediscovering religion (theism) while frosbel2 is losing it (agnostic), an ideology that borders atheism undecided Trade by barter

1 Like

Re: Religion Should Be Abolished by oluwalfa: 6:14am On Aug 08, 2015
You can't ban Satan
Re: Religion Should Be Abolished by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 08, 2015
frosbel2:
okay maybe I went too far especially without qualification.

Let me rephrase - Ban all radical religion that tries to spread it's ideology by force .
Which religion isn't radical? Also, radicalism isn't limited to just religion.
Re: Religion Should Be Abolished by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 08, 2015
plaetton:
Hal Le Lu Ya!
Epic moment on Nairaland, . When Yahweh gets thrown out of the window, by none other than Frosbel.

grin

Not really. I am still a Theist . My issue is only against religion and the associated indoctrination.

smiley
Re: Religion Should Be Abolished by johnydon22(m): 10:02am On Aug 08, 2015
Empiree:
DEDUCTION: johnydon22 is rediscovering religion (theist) while frosbel2 is losing it (agnostic), an ideology that borders atheism undecided Trade by barter
Lmao, Don't flatter yourself i can never be religious or theistic. . . Maybe objectivity is a new thing to you, saying the truth is not synonymous to rediscovering religion.. I am a pure agnostic atheist and not sure if it can ever change in my life... Your deduction is wronger than wrong...Be more observant next time smiley .

KingEbukasBlog:

If this is sincere ... you'd really make a good christian .
LOL... I have been one before and i can never be one again... smiley I think you all mistake atheist for anti-theist or anti-religion.... I am neither anti-theist or anti-religion, i may speak against the absurdities when i see one but it doesn't make me anti-any of them... Am simply atheistic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion Should Be Abolished by hahn(m): 10:26am On Aug 08, 2015
johnydon22:
Lmao, Don't flatter yourself i can never be religious or theistic. . . Maybe objectivity is a new thing to you, saying the truth is not synonymous to rediscovering religion.. I am a pure agnostic atheist and not sure if it can ever change in my life... Your deduction is wronger than wrong...Be more observant next time smiley .

LOL... I have been one before and i can never be one again... smiley I think you all mistake atheist for anti-theist or anti-religion.... I am neither anti-theist or anti-religion, i may speak against the absurdities when i see one but it doesn't make me anti-any of them... Am simply atheistic.

And you seriously expect them to understand that? undecided
Re: Religion Should Be Abolished by johnydon22(m): 10:39am On Aug 08, 2015
hahn:

And you seriously expect them to understand that? undecided
Lol..am responsible for what i say, they are responsible for what they understand..

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Religion Should Be Abolished by Empiree: 11:15am On Aug 08, 2015
johnydon22:
Dont worry bro..., you will soon become conscious of God, a theist. You are getting there gradually. You just not realizing it as of yet.
Re: Religion Should Be Abolished by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 08, 2015
Empiree:
Dont worry bro..., you will soon become conscious of God, a theist. You are getting there gradually. You just not realizing it as of yet.

1 Like

Re: Religion Should Be Abolished by johnydon22(m): 11:43am On Aug 08, 2015
Empiree:
Delusion at it's peak! smiley I have been more theistic than you enough to shake my head and laugh after reading this. . ironically i once use to say that to people so i totally understand your situation

Again, am responsible for what i say and you are responsible for what you understand...Maybe you need to be more observant next time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion Should Be Abolished by HCpaul(m): 1:43pm On Aug 08, 2015
The bible is not a bunch of rules, But a manual for living.
Re: Religion Should Be Abolished by DrLazDevitan: 4:38pm On Aug 08, 2015
tartar9:
xtianity should be banned!

Christianity shouldn't be banned.

Religion should be let to be.Though as an Atheist i will always allow my kids to read through every religion text they come across especially the ones at their exposure-the bible or the quran.

Religion is not always about mythicism!

Religion has it pragmatic nexuses to both Morals and Ethics.Religion also gives idea of primordial man and time.If there is anything that creates volumes of activity for man...

It is RELIGION.

(1) (Reply)

Has Jesus' Prayer In John 17:20-23 Been Answered? / Why We Have Never Rejected Our ARUSI Yet Still In Terms With SUPREME GOD / Catholic Church Of Divine Mercy, Lekki Presents 'Unusual Praise2016'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.