Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,483 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production (25313 Views)

2019: First Term Governors Begin Moves For Re- Election Bids / Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / President Buhari Initiates Move For Domestic Weapons Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production by ghananotnaija(m): 5:05pm On Aug 07, 2015
Nigerian-made weapons... Sorry to break it to you, but wars are no longer fought with spears and arrows. grin
Re: Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production by Dbrainiac1(m): 5:11pm On Aug 07, 2015
deb:

You are the one who needs to develop your brain. If we can produce cars in Nigeria now what stops us from making sophisticated weapons? This is actually a direction US, Europe and their likes don't even wish we even tow.

They know the potential of Nigeria and they so never wish that we realize it to the fullest hence their reasons for always wanting to spread negative news about us and in the process try to control our judgment of things and situations.

The day Nigeria realizes her potential she becomes a threat to the world, China will be child's play.
bla di dah di dah
Re: Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 5:14pm On Aug 07, 2015
Mr president ride on,any thinking president in the world will make the same move to have a locally made arms to protect his country.

Now we have a president that can think and not America don't sell weapon to us. Infact baba start nuclear weapon research true Nigerians are solidly behind you sir.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production by rabzy: 5:18pm On Aug 07, 2015
ghananotnaija:
Nigerian-made weapons... Sorry to break it to you, but wars are no longer fought with spears and arrows. grin

The War industrial complex is actually very complex and large. you produce whatever you can produce and import what you cant. You can even upgrade and modify what you import. We import bullet proof vests, Rifles, Armoured Vehicles etc, even camos. These things are still used in any army and we can produce them here in large quantities

1 Like

Re: Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production by benjibabs(m): 5:19pm On Aug 07, 2015
erico2k2:

The Russians still use ak47s

I see. Let Nigeria go to war with Russia and see if they will fight you with ak47s na. smiley My friend, that statement was intended as a simple 'figure of speech.' So seriously, tell me what do you have to contribute?? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production by amclimax(m): 5:20pm On Aug 07, 2015
I hate to insults elders but can dis buhari of a man please do one thing for us to see not all dis "I will" or "soon"... Even his election promise he neva fulfill one and he is still making more "I will" statement... Old and weak people needs retirement not being internet president..... 180 million people is too much for buhari even GEJ sef get gray hair b4 his time... In the fullness of tym I still dey wait for my 5k per month

1 Like

Re: Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 07, 2015
Dharniel:
that's the way forward, we don't have to be dependent on any nation for arms.
if at least all we can produce is the local snipers that are use by hunters, then we will have to step up on it...
**MODIFIED**
and i pray our beloved aba and onitsha brothers wont open eye in this direction. i'm pleading with you people, let the right body handle the production, it wouldn't be nice to have arms made in aba or else we all know what would happen if an aba-made-gun is in the hand of a soldier at a war front...

You no just get sense. Such a disappointment to the higher reasoning capacity of humans. Pls if u have no idea of how guns are manufactured, Google it and find out and stop trying to cause unnecessary troubles and divisions here
Re: Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production by sexxysemerian: 5:29pm On Aug 07, 2015
grin
Re: Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 07, 2015
OldJohn:

You no just get sense. Such a disappointment to the higher reasoning capacity of humans. Pls if u have no idea of how guns are manufactured, Google it and find out and stop trying to cause unnecessary troubles and divisions here

what is this one saying?
Re: Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production by menxer: 5:37pm On Aug 07, 2015
it's been ages I heard "self-reliance" or "self-sufficiency" in government speech.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production by erico2k2(m): 5:40pm On Aug 07, 2015
rabzy:

The War industrial complex is actually very complex and large. you produce whatever you can produce and import what you cant. You can even upgrade and modify what you import. We import bullet proof vests, Rifles, Armoured Vehicles etc, even camos. These things are still used in any army and we can produce them here in large quantities
These can be produced ed here with exception of the guns.would they allow private people to do so.if yoy check these arms are manufactured by private Co for ministries of difference in the west.
Re: Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production by homosapien(m): 5:41pm On Aug 07, 2015
hemartins:
inasmuch as this is a very good move, I will say it is at a very wrong time.
the issue of insurgency should be combated with all alacrity. buy foreign weapons, totally crush boko haram. when all these are done. when there is peace and tranquility in the north then we can now start talking about making weapons locally.
God Bless PMB.

If you are abreast with information, you will know that American as refuse to sell lethal weapon to Nigeria, and the once dasuki procure is still on the high sea according to him. therefore lookin at local production is best decision if you ask me. [img]
hemartins:
the issue of insurgency should be combated with all alacrity. buy foreign weapons, totally crush boko haram. when all these are done. when there is peace and tranquility in the north then we can now start talking about making weapons locally.
God Bless PMB.

If you are abreast with information, you will know that American as refuse to sell lethal weapon to Nigeria, and the once dasuki procure is still on the high sea according to him. therefore lookin at local production is best decision if you ask me. [/img]
hemartins:
God Bless PMB.

If you are abreast with information, you will know that American as refuse to sell lethal weapon to Nigeria, and the once dasuki procure is still on the high sea according to him. therefore lookin at local production is best decision if you ask me.
Re: Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production by erico2k2(m): 5:43pm On Aug 07, 2015
benjibabs:

I see. Let Nigeria go to war with Russia and see if they will fight you with ak47s na. smiley My friend, that statement was intended as a simple 'figure of speech.' So seriously, tell me what do you have to contribute?? grin grin grin
Aha I know.I just want to draw your attention to the fact that old ways still work.so nothing spoil if we use spear and cutlass lol seriously the English police still use horses and push bikes for patrols.
Re: Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production by JoshGiantfeet(m): 5:45pm On Aug 07, 2015
ojnnaco:

U keep singing this virtually in every thread .. my man change song or u better sleep

There you go, perhaps you'd prefer I wailed in every thread!!! Fly away!
Re: Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production by KELVIN086: 5:46pm On Aug 07, 2015
finally
Re: Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production by Tripleclick(m): 5:50pm On Aug 07, 2015
Hahaha!!! Nigeria morons and their media counter-part, buhari is ruling dm with media talks, a country that imports spare parts even plastic buckets, is talking about weapon ,, hahah *falls from chairs*

1 Like

Re: Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production by CallPolice: 6:06pm On Aug 07, 2015
carnegiefan:
[s]The last time I checked Nigeria is not fighting a war against a foreign country. Boko Haram for example is a local construct designed by northern interest groups to return power to the north. If the dog no longer listens to his masters whistle calls, the master simply needs to speak to him in the same language they both understand, be it Hausa, Fulfude, or Kanuri.
The civilized countries of the world refused (and rightly so) to sell you weapons because they know you will turn it on the people.
As for Biafra (which is the real reasons you are really thinking about building weapons locally after foreigners turned you down), all they want is freedom. If you cannot give them freedom, be rest assured that you cannot outproduce them if it ever comes to that.
Dialogue saves millions of lives and cash.
[/s]

You are talking nonsense man. so there is war in other countries that produces arms. Mugu

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production by mafioso47(m): 6:13pm On Aug 07, 2015
carnegiefan:
The last time I checked Nigeria is not fighting a war against a foreign country. Boko Haram for example is a local construct designed by northern interest groups to return power to the north. If the dog no longer listens to his masters whistle calls, the master simply needs to speak to him in the same language they both understand, be it Hausa, Fulfude, or Kanuri.
The civilized countries of the world refused (and rightly so) to sell you weapons because they know you will turn it on the people.
As for Biafra (which is the real reasons you are really thinking about building weapons locally after foreigners turned you down), all they want is freedom. If you cannot give them freedom, be rest assured that you cannot outproduce them if it ever comes to that.

boko haram don't use local weapons
Re: Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production by ollyruffy: 6:19pm On Aug 07, 2015
Nigeria shall be great again. Well said PMB.
Re: Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production by nwadiuko1(m): 6:20pm On Aug 07, 2015
Dharniel:
if at least all we can produce is the local snipers that are use by hunters, then we will have to step up on it...
**MODIFIED**
and i pray our beloved aba and onitsha brothers wont open eye in this direction. i'm pleading with you people, let the right body handle the production, it wouldn't be nice to have arms made in aba or else we all know what would happen if an aba-made-gun is in the hand of a soldier at a war front...
lol guy u too funny......but men don dy produce shite even before now......google "Abala in obingwa lga of abia state and gun production" and thank me later
Re: Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production by johnwell(m): 6:21pm On Aug 07, 2015
Dharniel:
**MODIFIED**

opah

Re: Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production by explorer250(m): 6:21pm On Aug 07, 2015
Nigeria cant do this without the igbo nation.
I have observed that my patriotism lies with the igbo nation. I am strong supporter of biafra because nigeria dont see us as one, but deep inside me i would prefer a united nigeria to biafra because with biafra there is no limit to what we can achieve as a united country. Until the nigerian govt brings about a policy to integrate the nation i my love lies to my tribe first b4 nigeria, and this is thesame with every other igbo.

I think that its high time nigeria swallows its pride and harness the igbo peoples potentials.

NIGERIA RUN TO THE IGBO NATION AND YOUR PROBLEM WOULD BE SOLVED!
Re: Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production by ginggerxy: 6:31pm On Aug 07, 2015
Dharniel:
**MODIFIED**
there is already okah made weapon in circulation dnt you have one
Re: Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 07, 2015
ginggerxy:
there is already okah made weapon in circulation dnt you have one

i don't...
Re: Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production by 989900: 6:59pm On Aug 07, 2015
We can do this!

All it takes is a sincere leader
Re: Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production by BushidoBlue(m): 7:34pm On Aug 07, 2015
Adiwana:
that is gona produce jobs..mehn,thank GOD for this man oo

PS-ever since he came into power,i bin dey get light wella..i get light strt for more than 3days now..even yesterday they take am once and im no reach 10mins,my lite was back on..cant remember the last time i bought fuel for gen

#GODBLESSPMB
#GODBLESSNA
#GODBLESSTHEFEDERALREPUBLICOFNAIJA

Abeg which area be that, na Togo?
Ok ok
Na Aso rock junction u dey live...
Re: Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production by prof12(m): 7:46pm On Aug 07, 2015
carnegiefan:
The last time I checked Nigeria is not fighting a war against a foreign country. Boko Haram for example is a local construct designed by northern interest groups to return power to the north. If the dog no longer listens to his masters whistle calls, the master simply needs to speak to him in the same language they both understand, be it Hausa, Fulfude, or Kanuri.

absurd
Re: Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production by magmack: 8:07pm On Aug 07, 2015
Biafra is great
Re: Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 07, 2015
Attack-helicopters could be produced by DICON, with adequate funding. Heck, I wouldn't rule out the manufacture of fighter jets in the future
Re: Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production by ElhassanAuyo: 8:20pm On Aug 07, 2015
May God bless PMB.
Re: Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production by nkpommpko(m): 8:24pm On Aug 07, 2015
Okah buys start warming up jare
Re: Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production by Raymonbell(m): 8:29pm On Aug 07, 2015
hemartins:
God Bless PMB.

This is the right time and what is the assurance that this country will crush terrorism entirely. If we start our development now in 10years to come we can be independent as far as basic weapon is concern.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tony Nwuye, Others At Oracle's Wedding (Photos) / Yusuf Buratai Is Dead (Father Of Tukur Yusuf Buratai) / Muslims And Christians Are Sons Of Abraham – Buhari On Leah Sharibu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.