Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari (52804 Views)

My Husband Became President Because He Never Gave Up – Aisha Buhari / Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" / Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 08, 2015
Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 08, 2015
discusant:
Guess what happens if every body that campaigned for Buhari in the north comes out like Lola to beg for favours from Buhari.
She is not begging for favour
Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by vikyno(m): 5:40pm On Aug 08, 2015
Welcome back to the labour market girl. Baba is too busy now to have time for you if that is what you are looking for.
Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by millionboi(m): 5:41pm On Aug 08, 2015
Wie d change dey?$1=#238,u no serious
iyobosadavid:
And the chang is here already, baby gurl did you know you just layed a solid foundation for you children and you children children to come by campaigning and voting for change

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by debedebe(m): 5:43pm On Aug 08, 2015
discusant:

Banker? Perhaps sweeper in the bank.

If not, an educated banker cannot come up this time to boast that she abandoned her banking career to campaign for a Nigerian presidential candidate with questionable academic credentials who uses English language interpreters to communicate with English-speaking leaders.
It depends on mind set... if she has not done such a thing me and you will not know her or even hear of her name,but come to think of it,if she was retrench or sack the following day or week? what will be her glory?U can be a manager or director and decide to be a driver tomorrow if u believed in whatever u are doing...

I rest my case here!
Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by ndcide(m): 5:44pm On Aug 08, 2015
Na she campaign pass.

I congratulate her. The party is over she should count her loss or believe she'll be rewarded for doing the unthinkable.

If I were a buharist, it would have made so much sense to me. But I'm not. So....

If she doesn't get a sit at the tables, then she's like the rest of us who didn't give a damn.

I understand the need for this open application from her, alarm don dey blow well well. But hay!!! The chieftains haven't taken yet. Even tinubu and amaechi are in the same hustle.

Abeg I no send.

2 Likes

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by IYANGBALI: 5:46pm On Aug 08, 2015
She fine small,at least she get bweast,boys fit manage am
Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by discusant: 5:49pm On Aug 08, 2015
hanzdude:

She is not begging for favour

And you think she is doing what? Is she still celebrating PMB victory? Has PMB transformed Nigeria to a greater status? What is she up to? She is indirectly begging for favours for campaign for Buhari. If she had not said she was a banker that abandoned her job to campaign for Buhari, who would care to join issues with her? After all, Buhari has already made it public that he shall favour those that supported him more than those that did not support him.

What an intelligent president for saying that in the open
What an intelligent president for a banker, Lola, to have been boasting in the public to have supported.

2 Likes

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
darlenese:
You quit your micro finance marketing job not Banking job. Nonsense angry
Whether she worked in a micro-finance bank, or she worked as a janitor, bank job is bank job cool

2 Likes

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by 989900: 5:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
Jarus:
She tried, but many of us did similar things. I did, maybe the only difference is I didnt give up my own work.

WHAT I ALSO DID

I coordinated a team on Nairaland to raise circa 700k to do radio jingle for Buhari.

During break time in office, I rushed to radio stations (ok, cool fm that was close to my office then) to seal adverts for Buhari. For others, I spoke with their agents on phone.

Our adverts ran in 5 radio stations across 4 states: Lagos, Oyo, Osun and Rivers.

I did a pamphlet at my cost and was distributing in buses in Lagos.

Someone I met on Nairaland came to my office to drop 20 Buhari shirts. I distributed among boys in my neighbourhood.

Anywhere I went I was talking about Buhari.

I sent sms to almost on contacts on my phone at my cost.

I wrote not less than 15 articles published in Punch, Guardian, Tribune, Thisday etc to sell Buhari candidacy.

Remember Buhari wasn't this popular in the South then.

I spent circa 100k from my pocket to sponsor local radio jingle in Kwara radio stations focusing my senatorial district, Kwara South. Buhari had become popular in Lagos then, so I didnt pay attention to Lagos.

I took on FFK in a popular, strong-worded article, "Fani-Kayode's Flurry of Fictions", published in several newspapers. That article almost cost me my job as my employers saw it in BusinessDay and cautioned me.

I championed the exposure of Fani Kayode's alteration of the Cambridge response to my friend, Sodiq Alabi's inquiry on Buhari's certificate. That my expose was the headline story in The Nation the next day "Blogger accuses Fani-Kayode of forging email". That was a risk to my life.

I went out on election day to mobilize okada riders to go vote.

I visited newspaper stands almost every Saturday to go reduce the effect of the misinformation about Buhari being spread by thick-voiced people.

I alerted APC chieftains, including el-Rufai, when I got a distress call from a Buharist friend in Akwa Ibom on mass rigging going on there.

I talked to Okada riders and taxi drivers almost everyday.

Well done!

It counted for something!

Thank you.
Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by 989900: 5:53pm On Aug 08, 2015
saintgoogle:

Its your business because as far as I'm concerned you now breath the air of change
And if your parents ve took dis kind of step during there days who knows Nigeria might ve been a better place
Senseless bigot oshi

I need the clap emoticon.

Nice one
Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by farukuwadata00: 5:54pm On Aug 08, 2015
[color=#990000][/color] I feel like singing national anthem
God bless you God bless PMB God bless PYO God bless Nigeria
Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by socialmediaman: 5:56pm On Aug 08, 2015
Obiagelli:
For the love of country, for a better future. Your children and grandchildren will benefit from your patriotic effort. God bless you
Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by spencekat(m): 5:58pm On Aug 08, 2015
lonelydora:
PMB will not fail you Lola
Let Buhari give her another job.
Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by 989900: 5:58pm On Aug 08, 2015
For people like Lola, things like this is what give them joy.

The banking stint was more or less a no-option thing.

Sadly, our 'polithiefians' have made sure a large percentage of the population have their sense of perspective skewed -- no thanks to poverty.

1 Like

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 08, 2015
ur a fool my dear
Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by ibabz(m): 6:06pm On Aug 08, 2015
Even a N20, 000 naira job from Micro Finance Job na bank job!. Jobless
himkers:
Mumu gal. She take style dey find job; am not surprised say no yoruba babe,,, they always have this 'licking-a$$' attitude kiss

1 Like

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by Johnny(m): 6:11pm On Aug 08, 2015
Attention-seeking, unemployed, lousy and dirty yoruba girl.
Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by onyemarcus: 6:13pm On Aug 08, 2015
waiting for her own national cake kikikiki
Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by DzTzl(f): 6:13pm On Aug 08, 2015
himkers:
Mumu gal. She take style dey find job; am not surprised say no yoruba babe,,, they always have this 'licking-a$$' attitude kiss
ur post would hv made lots of sense if u didn't insult or bn tribalistic I am a Yoruba lady & I cn as well relate to her job but I don't think I'll resign and go out on d street to campaign for PMB, quit generalizing not all Yoruba ladies are butt lickers.

1 Like

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by bigass123(m): 6:13pm On Aug 08, 2015
Thunder fire ur papa 4 village.. As in electronic thunder wey solar backup na Im go fire ahm.
Werre undecided

himkers:

1 Like

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by Happiness87(f): 6:15pm On Aug 08, 2015
marshalcarter:
I smell lies

No banker would leave his/her job to cum nd campaign for sum1 dat doesn't knw you undecided except dem dey folo you from villa grin

But if dis is true....nne.....you deserve the 2015 best afriFOOL award grin
at the age of 22, lol Except she was a marketer
Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by DzTzl(f): 6:16pm On Aug 08, 2015
Johnny:
Attention-seeking, unemployed, lousy and dirty yoruba girl.
How do u know she's dirty? She felt it was d right thing to do & I think insulting her is unnecessary, learn to control ur tongue dude, ure gonna be someone's hubby someday if ur not already.

2 Likes

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by valandy99(m): 6:18pm On Aug 08, 2015
use.less girl
Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by gbeseun(m): 6:20pm On Aug 08, 2015
U leave Ur own life dey fight for buhari life abi,Ur cane is beign soaked in d kerosene of poverty.
Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by barcitymedia: 6:21pm On Aug 08, 2015
Top 30 hottest celebrities naked bikini Photos (see photos) http://barcitytv.com/top-30-hottest-celebrity-bikini-photos/
Paralysed Bride takes sexy photos (see photos) http://barcitytv.com/paralyzed-bride-takes-sexy-photos-see-photos/
Always visit barcitytv.com for more
Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by UltimatedeBest(m): 6:22pm On Aug 08, 2015
Lola simply cannot cope as a marketer of her bank dat was she resigned. D target given to her meet was much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by dame16: 6:25pm On Aug 08, 2015
how much were you paid for this story? at 22 you should still be in school in nigeria cus of jamb. oh you were using broom the sweep as a worker in the bank grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 08, 2015
angry angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry cry. To campaign for dullard, a former military leader and a dictator. She is a shameless dam who doesn't know that the same leader is one of those who mess up the nation. I don't think Nigerians seat down and reason about the future of that nation at all. Bunch of primitive human beings!

1 Like

Re: Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari by Atlantian: 6:34pm On Aug 08, 2015
Person wey bank target wan kill, and she resign, is now lying that she resigned to campaign for the chief dullard.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ozigi Abdulsalam Deedat At Cemetry In Kogi State (photos) / Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial / Amina Ali's HIV Test Result Is Negative - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.