Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,740 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

Question: Talking Snake - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question: Talking Snake (4774 Views)

Prophet Chukwuemeka Ohanaemere Deliverance In Onitsha Got People Talking / See Photo Of A Lord Chosen Church Member That Has Got Nigerians Talking(pics) / Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question: Talking Snake by menesheh(m): 11:50pm On Aug 07, 2015
why is it that adam and even did not find it strange that a serpent is talking to them?
Re: Question: Talking Snake by MuttleyLaff: 3:38am On Aug 08, 2015
menesheh:
why is it that adam and even did not find it strange that a serpent is talking to them?
Notice the bolded underlined in
''Question: Talking Snake''
and
''Why is it that Adam and Eve did not find it strange that a serpent is talking to them?''
The underlined are done, for it to be recognised that, there is a sharp difference and/or distinction between snake and serpent.

Note OP put forward two nouns with verbs (i.e. ''talking snake'' and ''a serpent is talking'')

The nouns in this particular context arent necessarily the same and/or really synonymous with each other

This thread captioned ''Question: Talking Snake'' has a misleading title
and the caption needs changing, as using the verb talking for a snake, is incongruent to it
(i.e. talking is not an action snakes do)

Serpent talking however is an agreeable verb usage for a serpent
(i.e. talking is an action serpent did)

Before answering ''Why is it that Adam and Eve did not find it strange that a serpent is talking to them?'' let OP respond to these questions:

1) Apart from ''a serpent is talking'' what other characteristics of this serpent is OP aware of?
2) What are OP's knowledge of the documentated differences between the serpent and the snake?

OP probably has begun to now appreciate having those two questions asked,
because at first look without an attentive eye,
it will/might appear that serpent and snake are interchangeably the same
and without paying careful attention, one is easily lead to believe they are similar, when they are not.
The serpent was animal that was upright, had legs and talked
whereas snake is animal that crawls on its belly, has no legs and cant/doesnt talk

Numbers 22:28
Then the LORD opened the donkey's mouth,
and it said to Balaam, "What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?"

Then the LORD gave the donkey the ability to speak.
"What have I done to you that deserves your beating me three times?" it asked Balaam.

Donkeys dont normally talk, but when the protocol was bypassed, as was the case in Numbers 22:28 & 2 Peter 2:16, this donkey talked

2 Peter 2:16
But Balaam was rebuked for his offense.
A donkey that normally cannot talk spoke with a human voice
and restrained the prophet's insanity

A snake will talk, if like the donkey in Numbers 22:28, it has its mouth opened and/or is given the ability to talk
Bottom line, by de facto, serpent used to talk
and when it talked, it was not unusual or surprising, so nothing for Adam and Eve to find strange about that

- the ability to talk is one of the charateristics of a serpent

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question: Talking Snake by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 08, 2015
@MuttleyLaff

Nice analysis! So, how did you confirm that a serpent used to talk?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Question: Talking Snake by kolajamesjnr(m): 7:41am On Aug 08, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
and
''Why is it that Adam and Eve did not find it strange that a serpent is talking to them?''
The underlined are done, for it to be recognised that, there is a sharp difference and/or distinction between snake and serpent.

Note OP put forward two nouns with verbs (i.e. ''talking snake'' and ''a serpent is talking'')

The nouns in this particular context arent necessarily the same and/or really synonymous with each other

and the caption needs changing, as using the verb talking for a snake, is incongruent to it

Before answering ''Why is it that Adam and Eve did not find it strange that a serpent is talking to them?'' let OP respond to these questions:

1) Apart from ''a serpent is talking'' what other characteristics of this serpent is OP aware of?
2) What are OP's knowledge of the documentated differences between the serpent and the snake?

and without paying careful attention, one is easily lead to believe they are similar, when they are not.
whereas snake is animal that crawls on its belly, has no legs and cant/doesnt talk

and it said to Balaam, "What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?"

"What have I done to you that deserves your beating me three times?" it asked Balaam.

Donkeys dont normally talk, but when the protocol was bypassed, as was the case in Numbers 22:28 & 2 Peter 2:16, this donkey talked

A snake will talk, if like the donkey in Numbers 22:28, it has its mouth opened and/or is given the ability to talk
and when it talked, it was not unusual or surprising, so nothing for Adam and Eve to find strange about that

Typical african primitive thinking undecided
U believe ur own native cosmology is stupid bt u believe a talking snake

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question: Talking Snake by menesheh(m): 11:40am On Aug 08, 2015
kolajamesjnr:

If you compare the 'talking snake' fairy to our local fairytales told by our old natives in the village, our Nigeria christians will start opposing you for Blasphemy while there's no difference between the two. The only known difference is indigenous and foreign.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Question: Talking Snake by MuttleyLaff: 5:39pm On Aug 08, 2015
theAtheist101:
@MuttleyLaff

Nice analysis! So, how did you confirm that a serpent used to talk?
Take a pick from these lot
1) Confirmed, the same way, it is believed heads have brains with grey matter in it
2) Well OP said so when he wrote ''Why is it that Adam and Eve did not find it strange that a serpent is talking to them?''
3) Lastly, I confirmed this in accordance with Genesis 3:1-5

Genesis 3:1
The snake was more clever than all the wild animals the LORD God had made.
He asked the woman,
"Did God really say, 'You must never eat the fruit of any tree in the garden'?"

Genesis 3:4
You certainly won't die!" the snake told the woman.
Re: Question: Talking Snake by MuttleyLaff: 5:39pm On Aug 08, 2015
kolajamesjnr:
Where is the sauce
and maggi for the ''U believe ur own native cosmology is stewpid'' allegation

menesheh:
If you compare the 'talking snake' fairy to our local fairytales told by our old natives in the village, our Nigeria christians will start opposing you for Blasphemy while there's no difference between the two.
The only known difference is indigenous and foreign
This post reeks of bias and OP's just showed his hand in it

We might as well put this thread to rest, since OP and kolajamesjnr are incorrigible about the right noun to use,
and are sticking to their guns of using talking snake and/or ''talking snake''
Re: Question: Talking Snake by menesheh(m): 5:53pm On Aug 08, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
Where is the sauce
and maggi for the ''U believe ur own native cosmology is stewpid'' allegation

This post reeks of bias and OP's just showed his hand in it

We might as well put this thread to rest, since OP and kolajamesjnr are incorrigible about the right noun to use,
and are sticking to their guns of using talking snake and/or ''talking snake''

cheesy cheesy

Not biased. I responded to hahn 's comment. I didn't say you said anything. But by the way, your comment points to that direction.

1 Like

Re: Question: Talking Snake by menesheh(m): 5:55pm On Aug 08, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
and

What's snake in this context

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question: Talking Snake by Eddlad: 6:02pm On Aug 08, 2015
menesheh:

What is your point?.
Re: Question: Talking Snake by menesheh(m): 6:04pm On Aug 08, 2015
Eddlad:

What is your point?.

I asked a question
Re: Question: Talking Snake by MuttleyLaff: 6:22pm On Aug 08, 2015
menesheh:
What's snake in this context
Before replying to ''What's snake in this context''
OR answering
''Why is it that Adam and Eve did not find it strange that a serpent is talking to them?'' why is OP shying from responding to these questions:

1 Like

Re: Question: Talking Snake by Dekatron(m): 6:25pm On Aug 08, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
and

What is this one saying? Serpent, Snake

Na topic dem talk say make you analyze or na question you suppose answer?

YOU THEISTS WILL REMAIN FOOLISH UNTIL Y'all OPEN YOUR EYES AND STOP BEING SENTIMENTAL

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Question: Talking Snake by MuttleyLaff: 6:30pm On Aug 08, 2015
Eddlad:
What is your point?.
Yes, what is your point

menesheh:
I ask a question
and that question was answered with:

Note serpent is not synonymous with snake especially when considering or taking into account the ''pre-'' and ''post-'' of the event/background
Re: Question: Talking Snake by MuttleyLaff: 6:35pm On Aug 08, 2015
Dekatron:
What is this one saying? Serpent, Snake

Na topic dem talk say make you analyze or na question you suppose answer?

YOU THEISTS WILL REMAIN FOOLISH UNTIL Y'all OPEN YOUR EYES AND STOP BEING SENTIMENTAL
Continue to show yourself up with your cluelessness on the difference(s) between serpent and snake. Ignorance truly is bliss.
Re: Question: Talking Snake by menesheh(m): 6:36pm On Aug 08, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
Yes, what is your point

and that question was answered with:

Note serpent is not synonymous with snake especially when considering or taking into account the ''pre-'' and ''post-'' of the event/background

What's serpent? Is it a physical medium that actually interacted with Eve in a physical world.

1 Like

Re: Question: Talking Snake by MuttleyLaff: 6:39pm On Aug 08, 2015
menesheh:
What's serpent? Is it a physical medium that actually interacted with Eve in a physical world
SMH + facepalm
PS: Must give credit where due, you've at least taken the serpent as opposed to snake correction, and now back on a right footing with all this
but go back and carefully read the bottom 3/4 part of https://www.nairaland.com/2510320/question-talking-snake#36725338

1 Like

Re: Question: Talking Snake by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 08, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
Take a pick from these lot
1) Confirmed, the same way, it is believed heads have brains with grey matter in it
2) Well OP said so when he wrote ''Why is it that Adam and Eve did not find it strange that a serpent is talking to them?''
3) Lastly, I confirmed this in accordance with Genesis 3:1-5

Genesis 3:1
The snake was more clever than all the wild animals the LORD God had made.
He asked the woman,
"Did God really say, 'You must never eat the fruit of any tree in the garden'?"

Genesis 3:4
You certainly won't die!" the snake told the woman.

Here is how your points were confirmed:

1. In the past, when technology was relatively poor, operations was done on the brain of a dead person (cadaver). The first person to carry out such operation was Herophilos, who was the first physician to dissect human bodies and is considered to be the founder of Anatomy. And you might ask: How do I know you have the same grey matter? My answer who be through deductive reasoning. If you doubt me, let's break open your head and ask your trusted friend to confirm for you.

With recent developments in technology, not religion (which never develops), Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) would be used to view the living brain in your head.

2. Really? Did you bother to ask him how he deduced that? Or have did you ask him if he really meant what he wrote? No do "follow follow" stand on your feet.

3. Which book are you quoting? Who wrote it? How did the author manage to know what happened before his/her grew brea.sts? Get serious and stop wasting our time.

So, I ask again, how did you confirm that serpents talked before?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question: Talking Snake by Eddlad: 6:55pm On Aug 08, 2015
menesheh:

I asked a question

No, you think you did.
Re: Question: Talking Snake by menesheh(m): 7:10pm On Aug 08, 2015
Eddlad:

No, you think you did.

Yes, i did
Re: Question: Talking Snake by Eddlad: 7:12pm On Aug 08, 2015
menesheh:

Yes, i did

So you keep saying.
Re: Question: Talking Snake by MuttleyLaff: 7:12pm On Aug 08, 2015
theAtheist101:
Here is how your points were confirmed:

1. In the past, when technology was relatively poor, operations was done on the brain of a dead person (cadaver). The first person to carry out such operation was Herophilos, who was the first physician to dissect human bodies and is considered to be the founder of Anatomy. And you might ask: How do I know you have the same grey matter? My answer who be through deductive reasoning. If you doubt me, let's break open your head and ask your trusted friend to confirm for you.

With recent developments in technology, not religion (which never develops), Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) would be used to view the living brain in your head.

When you dont immediately first shout thief when burgled, the perpertrator will pull a fast one and before you do, shout thief on you the owner-victim
I was saving a similar to your response #1 and planning to use it on you, but you've beaten me to the punch. Welldone!

theAtheist101:
2. Really? Did you bother to ask him how he deduced that?
Or have did you ask him if he really meant what he wrote?
No do "follow follow" stand on your feet.
Really? Why should I ask him? Why should I take panadull for another man's headache
I am standing on the Word, my feet are on the Word bro, nothing do me, I dey kampe and am safe

theAtheist101:
3. Which book are you quoting?
The first one in the Torah

theAtheist101:
Who wrote it?
Moses

theAtheist101:
How did the author manage to know what happened before his/her grew brea.sts
You lost me in the bold, do you want to rephrase or clarify what you mean with this

theAtheist101:
Get serious and stop wasting our time
What has been posted so far cannot be overlooked by a frank, honest, sincere and intelligent inquirer

theAtheist101:
So, I ask again, how did you confirm that serpents talked before?
In accordance to what the Torah says, what more or what answer were you expecting
If I am none the wiser, I'll be thinking you're soliciting for empirical evidence to support that serpents, which are now extinct, talked.

1 Like

Re: Question: Talking Snake by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 08, 2015
MuttleyLaff

So, how did Moses know about the events that happened before his mother started growing brea.sts?

How did you know those serpents have gone into extinction? Did your Turah say so? Or you found their fossils somewhere with evidences to show that they could make speeches?
Re: Question: Talking Snake by MuttleyLaff: 9:50pm On Aug 08, 2015
theAtheist101:
MuttleyLaff

So, how did Moses know about the events that happened
Great question. Very good question
Hoping you can touch it, as I'll be dropping it like it's hot, the answer is in Exodus 33
Read Exodus 33:8-23 but the verses to watch out for, actually are the Exodus 33:17-23 ones where Exodus 33:23 is the clincher

Exodus 33:23
Then I will take my hand away, and you'll see my back, but my face must not be seen."

theAtheist101:
before his mother started growing brea.sts?
What again, is the point of this non-sequitur? Abeggy, park it.

theAtheist101:
How did you know those serpents have gone into extinction?
Am I missing something. Have we got serpents running around still or lately you can point out to? I didn't think so either

theAtheist101:
Did your Torah say so?
The Torah said the serpent is cursed more than all animals, domestic and wild.
- until I checked the animal kingdom chart, I used to wonder why and how the serpent got transformed into a snake,
Looking at that chart shows some serious katakata went down and the serpent felt a full wrath of one minute being rubbing shoulder with some at the top, to a next minute, be right down there, disgracefully at the bottom.

The serpent not only was demoted but remember, it had a completely drastic ''makeover'' during its ''degradation ceremony''
What does that ''makeover'' spell?
OK, lending a helping hand to make it simpler and easier to answer, using deductive reasoning or logical deduction, it spells extinction

Watch out for my comment below, replying to your fossil question

theAtheist101:
Or you found their fossils somewhere with evidences to show that they could make speeches?
I am content and so I am not looking and/or wasnt looking to find something not lost
others however are looking or asking as you've just asked,
My brief reply will be, am close 100% sure, you're familiar with the phrase ''the missing link'' and know what it's all about

Next you'll be asking about the fossils of the speaking donkey that talked back to Balaam, to show a donkey could or couldnt make a speech
Re: Question: Talking Snake by menesheh(m): 9:55pm On Aug 08, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
Great question. Very good question
Hoping you can touch it, as I'll be dropping it like it's hot, the answer is in Exodus 33
Read Exodus 33:8-23 but the verses to watch out for, actually are the Exodus 33:17-23 ones where Exodus 33:23 is the clincher

Exodus 33:23
Then I will take my hand away, and you'll see my back, but my face must not be seen."

What again, is the point of this non-sequitur? Abeggy, park it.

Am I missing something. Have we got serpents running around still or lately you can point out to? I didn't think so either

The Torah said the serpent is cursed more than all animals, domestic and wild.
- until I checked the animal kingdom chart, I used to wonder why and how the serpent got transformed into a snake,
Looking at that chart shows some serious katakata went down and the serpent felt a full wrath of one minute being rubbing shoulder with some at the top, to a next minute, be right down there, disgracefully at the bottom.

The serpent not only was demoted but remember, it had a completely drastic ''makeover'' during its ''degradation ceremony''
Watch out for my comment below, replying to your fossil question

I am content and so I am not looking and/or wasnt looking to find something not lost
others however are looking or asking as you've just asked,
My brief reply will be, am close 100% sure, you're familiar with the phrase ''the missing link'' and know what it's all about

Next you'll be asking about the fossils of the speaking donkey that talked back to Balaam, to show a donkey could or couldnt make a speech

Busy interpretating and explaining fairytales. wink

Re: Question: Talking Snake by MuttleyLaff: 10:09pm On Aug 08, 2015
menesheh:
Busy interpretating and explaining fairytales. wink
You are, my friend, obviously punching above your weight
You're biting off more than you can chew on this matter.
Strong meat are for those ''who have come of age'' and your teeth cant cut this, talkess chew
that's why you deliberately misconstrue it as ''fairytales''

Here we go again. Bit early in the thread for jpeg graphics. Is that meant to be genius? It's not even original
What a wimped out cop-out.

1 Like

Re: Question: Talking Snake by menesheh(m): 10:16pm On Aug 08, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
You are, my friend, obviously punching above your weight
You're biting off more than you can chew on this matter.
Strong meat are for those ''who have come of age'' and your teeth cant cut this, talkess chew
that's why you deliberately misconstrue it as ''fairytales''

Here we go again. Bit early in the thread for graphics, isn't that genius
What a cop-out

whats your point here.

how do you distinguish between fact and fiction?
Re: Question: Talking Snake by orisa37: 10:20pm On Aug 08, 2015
This serpent didn't crawl. It came to Eve like a human jigolo and actually fondled her breast before raping her. Eve enjoyed it so much that she went to Adam for a second chance. Cain was the product of Eve/snake affairs.
Re: Question: Talking Snake by MuttleyLaff: 10:26pm On Aug 08, 2015
menesheh:
whats your point here.
What was your point with this title ''Question: Talking Snake''
and the following

menesheh:
how do you distinguish between fact and fiction?
Example:
Existence of Santa Klaus/tooth fairy = Fiction
Existence of YHMH = Fact

I am not going to dignify your post(s) any further comments after now
partly because you never answered any of the questions put to you
and you obviously didnt ask your original or first question as a result of truly looking for answers
[img]http://media4./media/mmRmDX9Y3Q7NS/200w.gif[/img]
Re: Question: Talking Snake by menesheh(m): 10:54pm On Aug 08, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
What was your point with this title ''Question: Talking Snake''
and the following

NOTHING IS CONFUSING IN THE TITLE OF THE POST.
In the story in Genesis 3:1-5, Eve was tempted by a creature referred to as "He" and described simply as a serpent. Its only unusual features in the story are that it could speak and presumably didn't yet crawl (it was made to crawl on its belly only after being cursed by God).

Example:
Existence of Santa Klaus/tooth fairy = Fiction
Existence of YHMH = Fact

I am not going to dignify your post(s) any further comments after now
partly because you never answered any of the questions put to you
and you obviously didnt ask your original or first question as a result of truly looking for answers
[img]http://media4./media/mmRmDX9Y3Q7NS/200w.gif[/img]

Existence of YHMH = Fact

how do you it is a fact rather than fiction?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question: Talking Snake by MuttleyLaff: 11:08pm On Aug 08, 2015
menesheh:
NOTHING IS CONFUSING IN THE TITLE OF THE POST.
In the story in Genesis 3:1-5, Eve was tempted by a creature referred to as "He" and described simply as a serpent. Its only unusual features in the story are that it could speak and presumably didn't yet crawl (it was made to crawl on its belly only after being cursed by God).
You're confused hence the reason, without taking into account the ''pre-'' and ''post-'' of the event, you posted a thread with a misleading title
I said the title was misleading and needed changing,
I dont know how you pulled ''confusing'' out of the hat

Serpent talked in the ''pre-''
Snake never at any time talked, as it came about in the ''post-'' (i.e. snake didnt exist or never existed in the the ''pre-'')
Snake is an aftermath of a serpent ''makeover''
Capisce?

menesheh:
Existence of YHMH = Fact
how do you it is a fact rather than fiction?
Why would anyone try and prove that a building had a builder?
Or does it mean that if a blind can't see the sun, then the sun does not exist?
You get the parallelism with YHMH?
Tuck yourself in and pull up the cover tight menesheh, I've had just about enough dosage of your scoffing.
Sayonara.
Re: Question: Talking Snake by menesheh(m): 12:41am On Aug 09, 2015
MuttleyLaff:

You're confused hence the reason, without taking into account the ''pre-'' and ''post-'' of the event, you posted a thread with a misleading title
I said the title was misleading and needed changing,
I dont know how you pulled ''confusing'' out of the hat

Serpent talked in the ''pre-''
Snake never at any time talked, as it came about in the ''post-'' (i.e. snake didnt exist or never existed in the the ''pre-'')
Snake is an aftermath of a serpent ''makeover''
Capisce?

The post- is the reason why i referred to it as snake.

Why would anyone try and prove that a building had a builder?
Or does it mean that if a blind can't see the sun, then the sun does not exist?
You get the parallelism with YHMH?
Tuck yourself in and pull up the cover tight menesheh, I've had just about enough dosage of your scoffing.
Sayonara.

We identify painting by contrasting it with other painting painted by human, we've never seen painting occurring naturally.
You are asserting that santa clause is fictional why yahweh is not, you ve never giving evidence and proof that yahweh story is a fact. Both of them bears the same imagery supernatural stories, then you choose to pick one as fact and the other as fiction without presenting evidence and proofs that will differentiate both. Telling me about painting and the painter is argument from ignorance. You witnessed a phenomenon that seems designed, then decided to posit a designer to cover up the gap will deter you from seeking for other plausible explanation.

If you see sand dune, it looks design but we know that it occurs natural by wind actions.

Still waiting for your evidence why yahweh story is a fact while santa is fictional.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Unless One Is Born Of Water And Spirit, He CANNOT Enter The Kingdom Of God " / Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast / The Power Of OBEYING LAW By Dr Myles Munroe (law Vs Grace) Animated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.