Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

My Review Of Mission Impossible Rogue Nation (released Yesterday) With Spoilers - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / My Review Of Mission Impossible Rogue Nation (released Yesterday) With Spoilers (1264 Views)

Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) / My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie / Swing And A Miss: Rogue Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Review Of Mission Impossible Rogue Nation (released Yesterday) With Spoilers by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:37am On Aug 08, 2015
So, the latest installment of the Mission Impossible film franchise was released yesterday in Nigeria after it has been wowing audiences in the USA for a week. Mission Impossible; Rogue Nation (MIRN) had already grossed $79 million in the US even before its release in Nigerian cinemas, showing that it is an interesting movie.

In MIRN, Tom Cruise reprises his role as Ethan Hunt, an agent for the IMF, who is now on a mission to stop a terrorist group called the Syndicate. Just like the basic formula for the other movies in the Mission Impossible franchise, the plot is supported by captivating action scenes and impossible odds for the protagonists to overcome.

The Good

As previously mentioned, the movie contains a significant amount of well-packaged action scenes. For instance, there is the high-speed car chase scene where Tom Cruise goes from chasing Ilsa Faust (played by Rebecca Ferguson) with a BMW to chasing her with a motorbike. The underwater heist scene too is quite captivating. The action is also international- it has scenes from Austria to Morroco to the UK.

Also, there is a great comic relief brought in by Simon Pegg’s character, Benji Dunn. Benji takes the part of the funny guy among the agents as he is always humorously complaining about something in the mission or the agency. Another funny part of the movie is the bickering between CIA director Alan Hunley (Alec Baldwin) and IMF agent William Brandt (Jeremy Renner) during the senate hearing.

Another thing that made the movie great is the strength of Ilsa as the lone female protagonist in the movie. She gives the bad guys a lot of beatings with her Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighting style.

The bad

The most noticeable annoying issue about the movie is how unremarkable the main villain (Solomon Lane, played by Sean Harris) of the movie is. There was nothing particularly evil about him- he was just someone who killed when it was necessary to achieve his goal.

As good as the action is, there is still some generic action/spy movie feel to it. It also has a similar basic formula to its predecessors in the franchise- 1) betrayal 2) an impossible heist 3) superb action scenes 4) the foiling of a terror plot or global domination conspiracy.

There is also the overt product placement of BMW cars. It could have been done less obviously.

Verdict

Overall, I feel that the movie is great one to watch for either action movie fans or fans of the Mission Impossible franchise. Tom Cruise’s performance is nothing less than world-class and the supporting actors pull their weight as well. The movie gives what is expected of it and it is not as pretentious as its often compared counterpart- the James Bond franchise.

This movie gets a 4 out of 5 stars rating.

Source;
http://allnaijablog.com/nigerian-review-mission-impossible-rogue-nation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Review Of Mission Impossible Rogue Nation (released Yesterday) With Spoilers by INTROVERT(f): 8:38am On Aug 08, 2015
cinema by noon. must watch it today

2 Likes

Re: My Review Of Mission Impossible Rogue Nation (released Yesterday) With Spoilers by joseph1832(m): 9:08am On Aug 08, 2015
Hmm. I'll won't be in a hurry to watch it, I can't even remember the last time I watched a movie, its been animes and series.

1 Like

Re: My Review Of Mission Impossible Rogue Nation (released Yesterday) With Spoilers by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 9:40am On Aug 08, 2015
INTROVERT:
cinema by noon. must watch it today

You will enjoy it. Especially if you like Tom Cruise or Mission Impossible series
Re: My Review Of Mission Impossible Rogue Nation (released Yesterday) With Spoilers by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 9:40am On Aug 08, 2015
joseph1832:
Hmm. I'll won't be in a hurry to watch it, I can't even remember the last time I watched a movie, its been animes and series.

Not even with your babe? Cinema date?
Re: My Review Of Mission Impossible Rogue Nation (released Yesterday) With Spoilers by Raalsalghul: 10:31am On Aug 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
So, the latest installment of the Mission Impossible film franchise was released yesterday in Nigeria after it has been wowing audiences in the USA for a week. Mission Impossible; Rogue Nation (MIRN) had already grossed $79 million in the US even before its release in Nigerian cinemas, showing that it is an interesting movie.

In MIRN, Tom Cruise reprises his role as Ethan Hunt, an agent for the IMF, who is now on a mission to stop a terrorist group called the Syndicate. Just like the basic formula for the other movies in the Mission Impossible franchise, the plot is supported by captivating action scenes and impossible odds for the protagonists to overcome.

The Good

As previously mentioned, the movie contains a significant amount of well-packaged action scenes. For instance, there is the high-speed car chase scene where Tom Cruise goes from chasing Ilsa Faust (played by Rebecca Ferguson) with a BMW to chasing her with a motorbike. The underwater heist scene too is quite captivating. The action is also international- it has scenes from Austria to Morroco to the UK.

Also, there is a great comic relief brought in by Simon Pegg’s character, Benji Dunn. Benji takes the part of the funny guy among the agents as he is always humorously complaining about something in the mission or the agency. Another funny part of the movie is the bickering between CIA director Alan Hunley (Alec Baldwin) and IMF agent William Brandt (Jeremy Renner) during the senate hearing.

Another thing that made the movie great is the strength of Ilsa as the lone female protagonist in the movie. She gives the bad guys a lot of beatings with her Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighting style.

The bad

The most noticeable annoying issue about the movie is how unremarkable the main villain (Solomon Lane, played by Sean Harris) of the movie is. There was nothing particularly evil about him- he was just someone who killed when it was necessary to achieve his goal.

As good as the action is, there is still some generic action/spy movie feel to it. It also has a similar basic formula to its predecessors in the franchise- 1) betrayal 2) an impossible heist 3) superb action scenes 4) the foiling of a terror plot or global domination conspiracy.

There is also the overt product placement of BMW cars. It could have been done less obviously.

Verdict

Overall, I feel that the movie is great one to watch for either action movie fans or fans of the Mission Impossible franchise. Tom Cruise’s performance is nothing less than world-class and the supporting actors pull their weight as well. The movie gives what is expected of it and it is not as pretentious as its often compared counterpart- the James Bond franchise.

This movie gets a 4 out of 5 stars rating.

Source;
http://allnaijablog.com/nigerian-review-mission-impossible-rogue-nation
Wow! Didn't know there are other Nigerian film critics out there. I am pleased to read your review, though you should concentrate more on the character, delve deeper into the movie and focus a little on general issues. I am not the best critic out there, but you can check out my work on this facebook group. Furthermore, the films that you review, do you see them at the cinemas or privately. I will like to review some 2015 movies on my facebook group, so I don't mind meeting you anywhere in Lagos to collect them.
Re: My Review Of Mission Impossible Rogue Nation (released Yesterday) With Spoilers by joseph1832(m): 10:36am On Aug 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Not even with your babe? Cinema date?
We can have the date in my apartment of even hers, where we can do whatever we like to ourselves. Besides, I like watching movies alone. So I can fast forward/rewind/pause a scene(s). Now you can't do that in a cinema can you? grin
Re: My Review Of Mission Impossible Rogue Nation (released Yesterday) With Spoilers by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:38am On Aug 08, 2015
Raalsalghul:
Wow! Didn't know there are other Nigerian film critics out there. I am pleased to read your review, though you should concentrate more on the character, delve deeper into the movie and focus a little on general issues. I am not the best critic out there, but you can check out my work on this facebook group “Film News and Reviews by Mcdon Joel”. Furthermore, the films that you review, do you see them at the cinemas or privately. I will like to review some 2015 movies on my facebook group, so I don't mind meeting you anywhere in Lagos to collect them.

I totally agree. I just wanted to make the review short. Nairalanders no like essay grin grin grin

I watch the movies in the cinema. I like to review the latest movies
Re: My Review Of Mission Impossible Rogue Nation (released Yesterday) With Spoilers by Raalsalghul: 10:42am On Aug 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

I totally agree. I just wanted to make the review short. Nairalanders no like essay grin grin grin

I watch the movies in the cinema. I like to review the latest movies
Apart from the ones you see in the cinemas, do you have anyone on your pc that I can collect and besides which cinemas do you see this movies?
Re: My Review Of Mission Impossible Rogue Nation (released Yesterday) With Spoilers by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:45am On Aug 08, 2015
Raalsalghul:
Apart from the ones you see in the cinemas, do you have anyone on your pc that I can collect and besides which cinemas do you see this movies?

grin grin grin
Re: My Review Of Mission Impossible Rogue Nation (released Yesterday) With Spoilers by kazzonline: 11:59am On Aug 09, 2015
I hav watched this movie,but to my surprise i didnt see the airplane scene that wss used in the trailer to advertise the movie,(which is the main reason i wanted to watch the movie)did i miss the scene or i watched the fake version,quick response pls before i go download another one
Re: My Review Of Mission Impossible Rogue Nation (released Yesterday) With Spoilers by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 12:22pm On Aug 09, 2015
kazzonline:
I hav watched this movie,but to my surprise i didnt see the airplane scene that wss used in the trailer to advertise the movie,(which is the main reason i wanted to watch the movie)did i miss the scene or i watched the fake version,quick response pls before i go download another one

Hello, the airplane scene is the first scene in the movie. It is literally the opening scene
Re: My Review Of Mission Impossible Rogue Nation (released Yesterday) With Spoilers by kazzonline: 12:33pm On Aug 09, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Hello, the airplane scene is the first scene in the movie. It is literally the opening scene

Thanks lemme get a new version,na dat part i wan watch abeg and the crazy version i had played for 2 hrs wf dat scene ommitted!
Re: My Review Of Mission Impossible Rogue Nation (released Yesterday) With Spoilers by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 12:37pm On Aug 09, 2015
kazzonline:

Thanks lemme get a new version,na dat part i wan watch abeg and the crazy version i had played for 2 hrs wf dat scene ommitted!

lol

(1) (Reply)

Watch Trailer: The Angry Birds Movie (teaser) / Deadpool Review Is Out! / Roles Of Nollywood Actors/actresses In Pictures(funny)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.