Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,820 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

How Your Current Mood Can Can Influence Your Song - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How Your Current Mood Can Can Influence Your Song (377 Views)

Nairalanders, What Is Your Current Ringtone? / Lets Have Fun Peeps!. Whats Your Current Phone Ringtone? / What Is Your Current Music Obsession? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Your Current Mood Can Can Influence Your Song by fnep2smooth(m): 8:41am On Aug 08, 2015
According to Wikipedia a “mood” is an emotional state. Moods differ from emotions, feelings or affects in that they are less specific, less intense, and less likely to be triggered by a particular stimulus or event. Research also shows that a person’s mood can influence how they process advertising. Mood has been found to interact with gender to affect consumer processing of information.

So do you now know that your mood can influence the kind of song you write at that particular moment? Many upcoming artist never consider being in a better mood to write down a song. but always believe that the lyrics they write magically flow through their head without their mood impacting negative or positive in it.

This is why it is ideal to write your song according to the mood you find yourself at that particular point in time. When writing a sad song or heart break kind of song, your sad or boring mood helps in knowing the perfect word to write. This helps you to create a good and well played picture of any message your song is trying to share among your listener. When you feel happy or in love, using such mood to express your feelings in writing down your song will make you write a good lyrics and a wonderful song.

Do you know “this love” by maroon 5 was triggered by his break-up with one of his ex? This really show how powerful “mood” can influence your song you are writing. Jay-z wrote a full album in his hotel when he went on a vacation, Kendrick Lamar ” To love-vendor a butterfly” was rumored that it was written when he visited Africa. So keeping your mood straight helps you on the direction to take, what to talk about, how you are feeling or what you want.

Most time many upcoming artist tries to “fake” their mood. They thought faking a mood well give them the opportunity to write about a “fantasy story”. But fails to realise that such situation also need a mood in order to know what you are writing about, and also put your mood according to the story line.

We all are “unique” in our own different ways, considering the fact that we need to work according to our mood which will help us in achieving our goals, the kind of song we want to write, the kind of picture we want to paint and the kind of people we want to reach out to . When you are in the mood to party or feel like to talk about you past experience, focus on the current mood and write about it. When you are missing your partner, love ones, friends or something and you feel like to write a song about it. Just focus on your mood and believe me that at the end, you will be surprise on the kind of song you write.

Fnep Shevoo©

Source :
http://www.wavetop10.com/how-your-current-mood-can-can-influence-your-song/

1 Like

Re: How Your Current Mood Can Can Influence Your Song by tspun(m): 4:27pm On Aug 08, 2015
yeah thanks for sharing that, that also goes to the listeners, any mood i find myself determines the kind of song i listen to. this is one of the reasons i barely listen to naija jam because it only puts you in the mond to shake your body.

1 Like

Re: How Your Current Mood Can Can Influence Your Song by fnep2smooth(m): 7:44pm On Aug 08, 2015
tspun:
yeah thanks for sharing that, that also goes to the listeners, any mood i find myself determines the kind of song i listen to. this is one of the reasons i barely listen to naija jam because it only puts you in the mond to shake your body.
True bro....

(1) (Reply)

On My Kneels / A Nairalander Latest Music / All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.