Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,535 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Why Do We Always Blame Her When Daughters Go Wrong - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do We Always Blame Her When Daughters Go Wrong (888 Views)

Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) / The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / Who Is To Blame? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Always Blame Her When Daughters Go Wrong by ofala(m): 3:31pm On Mar 21, 2009
I really wonder but it happen in some cases,whenever a duaghter does something wrong,the man in the house will be lookat the wife.A kind of aint-you-seeing-your -daughter?This is not acceptable at all.I have seen cases where Dad is daughter's best friend.Believe me,if she ijs your friend as such,there is every possibility that whatever advice you give her will be kept as a rule because,you may not know but she cheerish that closeness she has with you more than that of her mom and will not want her misbehavior to distance you too.Try it today,be her friend,help your family grow,its not just for the women,men have more work whem it comes to bringing up our little girls

To your family happiness, Cheers,
Re: Why Do We Always Blame Her When Daughters Go Wrong by MaiSuya(m): 5:25pm On Mar 21, 2009
I agree with you. Personally, I think the father has a greater role to play in his daughter's life, particularly in her adolescent years. I remember a certain preacher who, while encouraging fathers to learn to spend quality time with their daughters had opined that most of the ladies having problems with self confidence, relationships with men, etc, most likely had poor relationships with their fathers as well - an opinion with which I agree.

A girl who grows up having a blissful relationship with dad, holding him in very high esteem (not the type of dad that is always punching her mum, esp in her presence!), with him (dad) always encouraging her, giving her advice about men, telling her what a wonderful lady she is, etc; those words, I believe, will have a greater impact on her than if they were coming from mum, and they will seal her for life. Such a lady will have better impression of herself, and if fro instance, she encounters young men making inappropriate sexual overtures towrds her as a condition for proving her worth, she will be in better position to turn them down. why? simple - HER DAD had told her she is the best, she KNOWS her worth, and doesn't need reassurance from any yeye man out there.

if for any reson the lady 'go wrong'  - in the words of OP -  then the daddy most certainly must take the lion share of the blame.

I have decided to spend a lot of quality time with my daughter -  when she eventually arrives! cheesy
Re: Why Do We Always Blame Her When Daughters Go Wrong by ofala(m): 6:46pm On Mar 21, 2009
You are very right my brother but unfortunately many does not see it that way
Re: Why Do We Always Blame Her When Daughters Go Wrong by Sissy3(f): 2:47am On Mar 22, 2009
they blame the mothers because society as a whole has defined the role of mother/women as caring, mothers are the one who teach their children the cultures, morals and everything in between, so when things go wrong especially with the behaviors of children the mothers generally are the first ones to be called upon because it is their duty as mothers to teach their kids how to act and behave. and some men usually tend to take this as their excuse expressway forgotten that it takes a village to raise a child and mothers cant do it alone.
Re: Why Do We Always Blame Her When Daughters Go Wrong by benedictac(f): 1:08pm On Mar 23, 2009
it is blamed on women b/coz it is the role of the woman to build her home. The bible even narrowed the bad child to the mother i.e

Pr 10:1 ¶ The proverbs of Solomon. A wise son maketh a glad father: but a foolish son is the heaviness of his mother.

Pr 29:15 ¶ The rod and sharp words give wisdom: but a child who is not guided is a cause of shame to his mother.
Re: Why Do We Always Blame Her When Daughters Go Wrong by SweetT1: 1:17pm On Mar 23, 2009
Because she got it from her mama. grin
Re: Why Do We Always Blame Her When Daughters Go Wrong by benedictac(f): 1:38pm On Mar 23, 2009
Sweet T:

Because she got it from her mama. grin

I cant agree with you here. Some are trained but refused to be trained. So in a thing like this would you still say they got it from their mum? havent you seen situation were mother is responsible and the daughter is not? So how do you marry that together?
Re: Why Do We Always Blame Her When Daughters Go Wrong by ofala(m): 1:44pm On Mar 23, 2009
There is no way the woman can be blame at all times because her daughter's misbehaviors.Sodoes it mean then that the men will be blamed when the boys go wrong?
Re: Why Do We Always Blame Her When Daughters Go Wrong by tpia: 7:27pm On Mar 23, 2009

(1) (Reply)

Do We Have Ibos Married To Edos? Pls share / What Is The Average Of Nigeria Workers Salary / How Does It Feel To Be An Only Son?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.