Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,908 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Extension Of Visitors Visa In Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Extension Of Visitors Visa In Canada (2987 Views)

How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / Visa Info: How To Apply For Dubai Visa In Nigeria / Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Extension Of Visitors Visa In Canada by chuksogb(m): 5:44pm On Aug 08, 2015
i was given a 6 months visitors visa to canada,pls wat is d first tin i need to do upon my arrival as i dont plan to comw back in the next 2 to 3 yrs.thanks.

1 Like

Re: Extension Of Visitors Visa In Canada by alex406(m): 11:32pm On Aug 08, 2015
If you dont want to return to nigeria, make sure you go with your school credentials and when you get there,locate a good school that accepts whatever your qualification is and enrol for student visa there. Or if you can find company that can arrange papers for you while you work for them.

1 Like

Re: Extension Of Visitors Visa In Canada by Atigba: 2:47pm On Aug 09, 2015
chuksogb:
i was given a 6 months visitors visa to canada,pls wat is d first tin i need to do upon my arrival as i dont plan to comw back in the next 2 to 3 yrs.thanks.
Bro how u take package d visiting visa
Re: Extension Of Visitors Visa In Canada by ttmacoy: 5:30pm On Aug 09, 2015
I don't think you can change a visitor visa to students visa without leaving the country. Same would most likely apply for a work permit and it would be really really hard to get professional job with an employer willing to sponsor you just like that.

alex406:
If you dont want to return to nigeria, make sure you go with your school credentials and when you get there,locate a good school that accepts whatever your qualification is and enrol for student visa there. Or if you can find company that can arrange papers for you while you work for them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Extension Of Visitors Visa In Canada by chuksogb(m): 7:43pm On Aug 09, 2015
@alex, what about asylum.i also hav plans to marry a canadian woman.whats your say on that.thanks.
Re: Extension Of Visitors Visa In Canada by cozybunch: 7:48pm On Aug 09, 2015
@alex406, please do not advise some one to go to a new terrian and carry his academic credentials. If he should go through Secoundary inspection as most country do he will have a lot of questions and answers to give which could tan his chance of legal entry.

Now going back to your question, most western countries have stoped extensions of visas. Normally
In the pass u.s and canada use to do it, but they have stoped it. You can study some diploma programs in canada without study permit but within your visa duration.

If you want to study, u must go back to your country of origin or country you have citizenship from or residence stay to apply. There is no adjustment of status to student visa with a visitor's visa while in canada so also in u.s.

U need to be advised that any documentation or c.v for job search you carry can incriminate you if you are by chance go through Secoundary inspection because they will search your suitcases both checked in and carry on suitcases. Some times they don't but will go through your carry on baggage.

You don't want to misrepresent your self because not only you wouldn't be allowed entrance, you will also be banned for some years, in this case 1-3 years as the case may be.

I have been to Canada two times, my secound I went through Secoundary inspection, my brother it is not something you will want to go through because it is psychologically tormenting. Even though I was allowed entry, I still could not believe what I went through. You will be asked questions you do not even expect, so my advise is do your vacation and while doing that you can look around for possible schools for admission. Them you go back and apply for your student visa.

Canada is one of the friendly countries that accommodate visitors and international students. Schools there are quite cheaper and cost of leaving is also cheap to compare to united states.

Good luck.

5 Likes

Re: Extension Of Visitors Visa In Canada by chuksogb(m): 8:14pm On Aug 09, 2015
cozybunch:
@alex406, please do not advise some one to go to a new terrian and carry his academic credentials. If he should go through Secoundary inspection as most country do he will have a lot of questions and answers to give which could tan his chance of legal entry.

Now going back to your question, most western countries have stoped extensions of visas. Normally
In the pass u.s and canada use to do it, but they have stoped it. You can study some diploma programs in canada without study permit but within your visa duration.

If you want to study, u must go back to your country of origin or country you have citizenship from or residence stay to apply. There is no adjustment of status to student visa with a visitor's visa while in canada so also in u.s.

U need to be advised that any documentation or c.v for job search you carry can incriminate you if you are by chance go through Secoundary inspection because they will search your suitcases both checked in and carry on suitcases. Some times they don't but will go through your carry on baggage.

You don't want to misrepresent your self because not only you wouldn't be allowed entrance, you will also be banned for some years, in this case 1-3 years as the case may be.

I have been to Canada two times, my secound I went through Secoundary inspection, my brother it is not something you will want to go through because it is psychologically tormenting. Even though I was allowed entry, I still could not believe what I went through. You will be asked questions you do not even expect, so my advise is do your vacation and while doing that you can look around for possible schools for admission. Them you go back and apply for your student visa.

Canada is one of the friendly countries that accommodate visitors and international students. Schools there are quite cheaper and cost of leaving is also cheap to compare to united states.

Good luck.
thanks
Re: Extension Of Visitors Visa In Canada by chuksogb(m): 8:21pm On Aug 09, 2015
cozybunch:

Good luck.
@ cosy.All i need is a permanent resident status.
Re: Extension Of Visitors Visa In Canada by cozybunch: 9:33pm On Aug 09, 2015
There are options for residence in canada. Skill program, they have even a new program just like the visa lottery in u.s going on now. My younger brother and family went through skill workers program, which gives you striaght stay and they have providential nominee even though that works more with people leaving their already in that province.

Now I will not advise you although wise because any other way is risky and not advisable. If you do asylum, on what bases will be your claim, u also stand the risk of getting finger printed. Canada immigration process is easier going the right way such as student visa or those other options I mentioned.

Now 2009 fcc countries where formed (u.k, u.s, canada, Australia, new zealand). The new rule is check asylum seekers out if any menber state has ran into such individual. Your record will be ran in canada and they will check your credibility.

You don't want to have a record and be banned or bar from coming to canada. Enjoy your visa and research on what I advise you.

Am tell you this because I have gained experience, and I will not advise what will get you into troble in future, not to scare you. You can end up do what ever you want, you are an adult, I can only advise. If I where you, I will focus on doing the right thing.

Good luck.
Re: Extension Of Visitors Visa In Canada by chuksogb(m): 6:39am On Aug 10, 2015
cozybunch:
There are options for residence in canada. Skill program, they have even a new program just like the visa lottery in u.s going on now. My younger brother and family went through skill workers program, which gives you striaght stay and they have providential nominee even though that works more with people leaving their already in that province.

Now I will not advise you although wise because any other way is risky and not advisable. If you do asylum, on what bases will be your claim, u also stand the risk of getting finger printed. Canada immigration process is easier going the right way such as student visa or those other options I mentioned.

Now 2009 fcc countries where formed (u.k, u.s, canada, Australia, new zealand). The new rule is check asylum seekers out if any menber state has ran into such individual. Your record will be ran in canada and they will check your credibility.

You don't want to have a record and be banned or bar from coming to canada. Enjoy your visa and research on what I advise you.

Am tell you this because I have gained experience, and I will not advise what will get you into troble in future, not to scare you. You can end up do what ever you want, you are an adult, I can only advise. If I where you, I will focus on doing the right thing.

Good luck.
What about marriage?
Re: Extension Of Visitors Visa In Canada by cozybunch: 6:48am On Aug 10, 2015
It is not a ganrantee for permanent residence. I know of friends right now that have problems with such.

If you fail in love with a girl and marry her, there is no problem with that. You still have to prove is a genuine marriage. If your sole aim is to go and marry for papers them is a problem because it is considered as sham marriage. If you are caught, you will be deported and the lady in question can be prosecuted for

1. Lieing to the federal agency
2. Arrangeing a fraudulent marriage certificate because the marriage is not real in the first place.

Like I said I can only advise you. Hope you listen

Good luck
Re: Extension Of Visitors Visa In Canada by chuksogb(m): 3:33pm On Aug 10, 2015
cozybunch:
It is not a ganrantee for permanent residence. I know of friends right now that have problems with such.

If you fail in love with a girl and marry her, there is no problem with that. You still have to prove is a genuine marriage. If your sole aim is to go and marry for papers them is a problem because it is considered as sham marriage. If you are caught, you will be deported and the lady in question can be prosecuted for

1. Lieing to the federal agency
2. Arrangeing a fraudulent marriage certificate because the marriage is not real in the first place.

Like I said I can only advise you. Hope you listen

Good luck
Thanks alot for your advice. Its gonna be a real marriage not a fake one. in that instance is it guaranteed?
Re: Extension Of Visitors Visa In Canada by cozybunch: 6:05pm On Aug 10, 2015
If you fall in love with a girl and marry her, there is no problem with that. You still have to prove is a genuine marriage.

I stated the above paragraph in my reply to u.

Good luck
Re: Extension Of Visitors Visa In Canada by ttmacoy: 8:08pm On Aug 10, 2015
how can it be a real marriage when you haven't even met the person you plan to marry.

Given you plan to go to Canada on a visit visa and try to get married to get residency papers then it's hard to see it as a real marriage and would officially be classified as a sham marriage by the authorities if they had all this information.

To prove you are in a real relationship you need to show you and your partner know each other and are in a real relationship before marriage.

On a visit visa it will be hard to get prove you came too Canada and within a few months before your visa expired you found a Canadian woman, fell in love and got married. If it was real you would be expected to return to Nigeria, carry on the relationship long distance and either or both of you visit each other a couple of times before applying.

chuksogb:
Thanks alot for your advice. Its gonna be a real marriage not a fake one. in that instance is it guaranteed?
Re: Extension Of Visitors Visa In Canada by chuksogb(m): 10:32am On Aug 11, 2015
ttmacoy:
how can it be a real marriage when you haven't even met the person you plan to marry.

Given you plan to go to Canada on a visit visa and try to get married to get residency papers then it's hard to see it as a real marriage and would officially be classified as a sham marriage by the authorities if they had all this information.

To prove you are in a real relationship you need to show you and your partner know each other and are in a real relationship before marriage.

On a visit visa it will be hard to get prove you came too Canada and within a few months before your visa expired you found a Canadian woman, fell in love and got married. If it was real you would be expected to return to Nigeria, carry on the relationship long distance and either or both of you visit each other a couple of times before applying.

u v got a point @ttmacoy.but what is the alternative

(1) (Reply)

My Chat This Morning With A Nigerian Who Lives In Turkey / Oprah Open School In South Africa! / Holiday In Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.