Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State (73051 Views)

Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA / Photos Of A Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today / Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State by maxism2: 6:04pm On Aug 08, 2015
This thread https://www.nairaland.com/2506687/photos-mighty-hippopotamus-caught-gombe made home page the other day, but much details were not given about how the hippopotamus was killed. Here is everything you need to know about it...

A hippopotamus that has terrorized residents around Dadin-Kowa dam and environs in Yamaltu-Deba local government of Gombe state for the past two years has been killed by men of the 301 Artillery Regiment, Gombe.

Head of Forestry Yamaltu/Deba Local Government Council, Malam Ismail Umar who confirmed the killing of the animal added that the wild beast had constituted a major threat to the lives of fishermen and farmers as well as destroying their equipments and farm lands for the past two and the half years.

“We discovered it since the last two and half years, but unfortunately it has become very notorious and hazardous to people, farmers and fishermen.

“The people wrote to the local government council authorities complaining about the damages it was causing them, and we forwarded to the ministry, seeking the approval of the Governor.

“We received the approval last week, and we decided to go hunting for it, which we took over a week before we finally got it Wednesday night.
“We were lucky to trap it outside; we used military men to shoot it with the help of the local hunters.

“We shot it yesterday night around 10:30 pm when it came out to eat grasses, and today we butchered it in to pieces.

He said there were about 100 of them in the water, “but the one that was killed decided to cross to the lower side of the dam”.

Mr Adamu Pukuma, Permanent Secretary Ministry of Environment and Forest Resources acknowledged that Hippopotamus is one among the animal that were going instinct and therefore under protection, but that the particular one that was killed had become notorious.

“It killed people around the area as well as destroyed people’s farms and fishing equipment.

“There were complaints and huge outcry from the people of the area that was why we sought for the Governor’s approval and killed it” he said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/soldiers-kill-hippopotamus-in-gombe/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State by RepentantTr0ll(m): 6:05pm On Aug 08, 2015
Theres a state in Nigeria called Gombe

We are all Animals at the end of the day. Boko haram Slaughtering Animals. Animal killing Animal.

#CYCLE OF LIFE cool

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State by bigiyaro(m): 6:31pm On Aug 08, 2015
how una take know say na dat particular hippo dey cos trouble? Hungry men.

175 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State by butanepro(m): 6:49pm On Aug 08, 2015
Well, shebi Chelsea go lose today......

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State by toxiflam: 6:50pm On Aug 08, 2015
hmmm, picture of the notorious badge on the hippopotamus or it is another bullet accidental discharge.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State by abumeinben(m): 6:50pm On Aug 08, 2015
angry

So what's the truth untold before

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State by ymdo(m): 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
adeblow:
still doesn't justify its killing anyway, could have been tranquilized and relocated to a game reserve or zoo. anyway Nigerians sha
This is Nigeria. We kill anything killlable grin

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State by crowbar(m): 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
when an animal becomes a nuisance, the best option is to take it down before it causes high human casualty.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
Hippopotamus
Re: Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State by mrlaw93(m): 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
The animal is one of those that will extinct, yet u killed it. I don't tink u guyz will mk heaven oo

21 Likes

Re: Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State by skyface00(m): 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
Pepe soup, fat go plenty for dis head

16 Likes

Re: Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State by lacasera14(m): 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
Okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State by slimbless(f): 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
Okay o, we don hear
Re: Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State by Ayomi088(m): 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
See meat shocked

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State by shaboti: 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
No be dis same hippo wey bite someone leg comot sef

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State by ellahzy(f): 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
hey Nairalanders, Today is my bday ..

please wish me a happy birthday with ur likes.

God bless You

MODIFIED
Tanx yall

190 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State by lamtinky(m): 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
DAT head alone fit feed 10 people lipsrsealed

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
crowbar:
grin there is GOD oooooooo grin
Re: Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State by canalily(m): 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
Wetin concern me with hippopotamusundecided i wil check that later

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State by adeblow(m): 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
still doesn't justify its killing anyway, could have been tranquilized and relocated to a game reserve or zoo. anyway Nigerians sha

9 Likes

Re: Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State by Aitee1: 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
Chaiii...see meat embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State by NaLaugh: 6:52pm On Aug 08, 2015
Too bad for Moto Moto.

He was running things in Madagascar, until he got to Gombe.

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State by seunwen2(m): 6:52pm On Aug 08, 2015
Re: Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State by Estimable(m): 6:52pm On Aug 08, 2015
butanepro:
Well, shebi Chelsea go lose today......
all these anti chelsea fans sef

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 08, 2015
Re: Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State by Ijaya123: 6:52pm On Aug 08, 2015
Cruelty against animal. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State by oluwafemi113(m): 6:52pm On Aug 08, 2015
See food

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State by eltrophy: 6:53pm On Aug 08, 2015
issoritte
Re: Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State by MrCounselor: 6:53pm On Aug 08, 2015
Am all ears.
Re: Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State by seunwen2(m): 6:53pm On Aug 08, 2015
[size=20pt]I'M Oloye[/size]

Buhari forever remain my mentor

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State by IbokUtoroh(m): 6:54pm On Aug 08, 2015
chai na dis kind meat i for like chop today wey be my birthday.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State by missKiffy(f): 6:54pm On Aug 08, 2015
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) / Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 / Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.