Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Ugly / Nasty - Magazine Publishes Jade Goody Tribute Issue Before Her Death - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ugly / Nasty - Magazine Publishes Jade Goody Tribute Issue Before Her Death (2164 Views)

Popular Actress Dies In A Fatal Car Crash After Writing About Her Death[PHOTOS] / Tyson Beckford Sends D9gerianking, Nigerian Aspiring Model Nasty Comments / Last Photo Of Bisi Komolafe In Hospital Before Her Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ugly / Nasty - Magazine Publishes Jade Goody Tribute Issue Before Her Death by JJYOU: 8:02pm On Mar 21, 2009
OK! magazine publishes Jade Goody tribute issue before her death
OK Magazine's Jade Goody tribute issue

(Leon Neal/AFP/Getty)
Patrick Foster, Media Correspondent

For fans of Jade Goody, OK! Magazine has been an indispensible source of information about the reality television star’s battle with terminal cancer.

But today the celebrity magazine was accused of making a huge misjudgement after publishing a “tribute” edition that was billed as containing the “final words” of the 27-year-old former Big Brother contestant, before she has died.

Goody, who was diagnosed with cervical cancer that has since spread to her liver, groin and bowel, is spending her final days in bed at her Essex home, where she is heavily sedated.

A close friend of the reality television star told The Times that the magazine had “got it totally wrong” in rushing out the “official tribute issue”, which was printed with a black border around the front page and contains a sub-headline “in loving memory 1981 - 2009”.
Related Links

* Tweed called to Goody's side after panic attacks

* Jade Goody confronted by woman with hammer

* Our fascination with Jade's grim reality

“All that was agreed was a tribute,” the friend said. “This is clearly an obituary. They got it totally wrong. It’s totally insensitive, it’s bloody disgusting.”

OK! was granted access to Goody as part of a raft of deals, including two television programmes with the Living channel, to raise money for Goody’s two children, Bobby, five and Freddie, four.

The 666th edition of the magazine, which is published by Richard Desmond’s Northern and Shell company, contains 28 pages of Goody coverage.

The first page tells of how Goody faced “a long battle” against cancer. It continues: “But after putting up a fight it’s time for Jade to say her last peaceful goodbye.

“As friends and family, including her husband, Jack Tweed, gathered around her bedside, it was also time for newly christened Jade to receive the last rites from her priest.”

OK! is locked in a battle to stem huge losses in readership. The magazine posted a 25 per cent drop in year-on-year circulation for the last six months of 2008, in ABC figures released in February.

It’s average circulation is just above 500,000, but a recent exclusive deal with Goody that saw the magazine print pictures from her wedding is thought to have sold an extra 1.3 million copies.

The Press Complaints Commission has received complaints about the latest edition of OK!, and is making an initial assessment of whether an investigation is necessary.

OK! issued a statement this afternoon. The magazine said: “OK!'s tribute issue is a celebration of Jade's amazing life. Jade's family have spoken to OK! today to reiterate that they understand the tribute issue and view it as being very kind to Jade.

“They would like to also state that they are extremely grateful for the support that OK! has provided during this distressing period.”

these are tributes for a person still alive

May God bless you and keep you free from pain.My heart goes out to your two small boys and your husband and family.We are all very quick to judge. for a young woman you have risen above all the hateful things that have been written/said about you.Be proud of all you have achieved for your sons

Liz, Swindon.Wilts, UK

im just so devistated how such a succsessful and beautiful mother of two and loving wife could die at this younge age. she was my idol after katie price. i love her and think of her all the time. r.i.p never be forgotton jade xxxxxxxx

Megan Phillips, barry, wales

Jade you really have been an absolute insperation to me, i'm a single mum of 2 an have watched you from day dot. You swept the nation with your love of life an how you are dealing with troubles now is an absolute gob smacker!! Your what we all wish we could be, so very strong. you've changed me x x

Kate Wilson, bristol, england

Thank you for being a wonderful star to the world! You have shown yourself to be a wonderful mother and wife.

You will be missed by many.

Look down on us sweet princess of the stars.

Emma, Oldham, England

they should be ashamed of themselves. this is appalling and the editor sacked. just read page 66 and they have actually printed that she is already dead plus all the celebrities talk of jade in past tense. this is just so terrible. my thoughts and love is with jade at this sad time. Bleep

elaine colliar, Perth, scotland

i wish u all the best jade! and you are one hero, you will be truely missed for your entertainment which you hae provided!

Ninz, kent,

i am heart broken for all concerned so i sincerly send you all my love and prayers i cannot change anything for any of you but i think jade is truly worth the mother of the year award my heart is with you all Bleep

leianne kerr, cumlin, south wales

Jade I am so sorry you are losing the battle. you will be missed greatly but will always be remembered, you have shown such strength and courage. my thoughts are with you and your family.
Jade you trully are an amazing lady and achieved so much and it proves this can be a cruel world. We love youx

Jacqueline , Oxford,

Did OK not even think that having it as edition 666 was distasteful?

Val, Walsall,

Jade is still here. What was printed in the magazine could have been printed after the inevitable and her sons would have still benefited from the proceeds. Pleas lets give Jade a little bit of dignity in her time left with the most important people in her life.

PJ, Cardiff, Wales

Perhaps if those who "write" are unlucky enough to be in the position Jade finds herself in now they will reflect on their gross behaviour and hang their heads in shame. Yes she sold her story to provide for her sons, but can't they show her respect and wait for her to die before the "tribute"?

R Prior, swansea,

jade is a very brave woman, i don`t even know her and i think shes made the best of what shes got ,for her lovely children. God bless you jade and your children and of course jack. Wish something wonderfull could happen that could keep you with us , i will. keep praying for you . peace be with you.

ginny, staines, middlesex

I too am disgusted that OK published this issue. Jade is still battling her cancer and to publish it this way is giving up on her hope. I realise it is terminal, but I am hoping she has a lot more time with her gorgeous boys, don't give up yet and keep fighting. xx

Donna Lisa Wilson, Brussels,

Jade, your stronger than most, and you need to keep that in mind.Jade remember that your the soul inside a shell,are you ready to die?Your shell is damaged but your still alive,it's your life, don't let anybody put a bad word on that! Your not loosing this battle, you have a strong army behind you x

charlotte , london, england

Jade we all love you, and will miss you so much, you were a light to me and i will sadly miss that.
My thoughts are with you every minute of everyday.
God bless you Jade
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

emma, Harlow, Essex

its such a shame jade has now lost her battle.
she was a fighter and an amazing mother to her boys,
it will be hard for them growing up without her.
god bless you jade.
i'll miss you Jade
Bleep

Kayleigh, Falkirk, Scotland

ur such an insperation and so strong ur boys will b so proud of their mom as u are a true women with 2 beautiful boys just like their mom god bless u and ur boys u truelly are an amazing strong women.

kelly davies, swansea, west glam

Goody is a brave lady as she fought against the cancer. She managed her terminal days in a quite wonderful manner and brought herself in a different row. I think death is the thing that breaks the spritual stamina of most of the people except few people. Jade is one of them. May God bless her sons.

kaushalendra, Varanasi, India

Am a 32 year old mother of two little boys from Kenya. Jade's story has totally changed the way i look at life. May God give her family strength to deal with these painfull period. i pray for you jade. God bless you dear, you are an amazing mother.

Isabella Irungu, Nairobi, Kenya

genuine heart felt sympathy to jade and her family, i lost my dear sister in law in july 08 to cancer & it left my 8yr old niece without her mother, it must be hardest thing for jade to know she's leaving her beautiful boys, my thoughts & prayers are with you jade your going to be a permanent star.

suzanne, ballymena, county antrim

i myself have lost two famliy members to cancer my heart goes out to jade and her family i think she is very brave and her sons will grow up to be very proud of there mother ive always liked jade and her happy go lucky dont mess wih me additude she is an angel r i p jade Bleep

clairewilson, manchester, england

May the wings of angels enfold you and keep you safe jade you are a wonderful mum and your sons will be so proud to have you ,godbless. the spiritworld is a beautiful place and yes youll be more than a star in the sky godbless you ,in love and light

fiona, louth, Ireland

I check jades progress each day and genunley care however i have lost someone in my family to cancer ( i understand how diferent people cope AND deal with cancer in different ways) however i cannot help but feel this is turning into a publicity stunt and messing with peolples emotions!Leave her now!

Susie, Ipswich,

Only God can say when Jade will leave this world for His! In the meantime let's pray peace upon her and those who carry and feel the greatest pain. Of course there could always be a miracle! Now that I'd like to see in print!

angie, kingston Upon Hull, UK

To Jade Your time on mortal earth has come to an end but sleep now angel be at peace has your time to join the heavenly father is here, bless you rest well. To the boys and jack take this into your hearts she only sleeps in mortal eyes she will always love and cherish you be strong god bless.

Tony Fuller, Birmingham, West Midlands

Jade, your one in a million sweeheart and are doing everything in your power for your boys future, your an inspiration, i along with millions of others have upmost respect for you, your a wonderful lady Jade and as your boys grow into men, they will be so proud to be Jade Goodys boys x

Abigail, Crawley, England

Jade has been an inspiration to all young women and mums - a mum always thinks of her kids before herself! As a mum to 2 small children I salute Jade and my thoughts are with her and her family. Respect is all she deserves.

Kathrine, Cleveland, Co.Durham

carnt believe this is happening to such a nice young mum life is so wrong sometimes,god only knows whet you are going through god love you and bless you.xxxx

wendy scott , doncaster, england

she had a bad upbringing so good luck to all the money she earns. the last fw wks for her boys.let her rest in peace
god bless you l
jade and look down on your sons
your a very brave woman
kisses and hugs from

sylvie, anerley, london

Irrespective of Jade's condition, it is important that those people around her and clearly in a better position to make judgements show her respect and protect her dignity at the very least and show some respect. A bit of humanity please.

Paul, Sevenoaks, England

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article5934047.ece

Re: Ugly / Nasty - Magazine Publishes Jade Goody Tribute Issue Before Her Death by spikedcylinder: 9:18pm On Mar 21, 2009
I feel so sorry for her. sad
Re: Ugly / Nasty - Magazine Publishes Jade Goody Tribute Issue Before Her Death by mohawkchic(f): 10:25pm On Mar 21, 2009
~Am sure she was aware of it before it was published so if she didnt approve of it coming out now,it could have been held off . . By all indications,the end is almost near for her! cry

~I Just hope more women are aware about Cervical Cancer & are up to date on their Smear Tests . . Too bad she has to go like this & leave her Sons at that tender age every child needs a mother the most!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/womens_health/issues_smeartest.shtml

http://www.medinfo.co.uk/tests/smear.html
Re: Ugly / Nasty - Magazine Publishes Jade Goody Tribute Issue Before Her Death by kadman(m): 10:49pm On Mar 21, 2009
I can't bring myself to feel sorry for her,sorry for saying so,but what's up with selling her death ? She was hawking her life for money and publicity,now she's selling her death. ( She gave OK rights for Burial,last moments e.t.c ). She says the money is for sons,but what if she wasn't a celeb ? And what happened to all the money she's made before. I even think her story has been exaggerated as a cheap ploy to sell papers - She's turned this into what she does best - A reality show.
Re: Ugly / Nasty - Magazine Publishes Jade Goody Tribute Issue Before Her Death by MrCrackles(m): 10:56pm On Mar 21, 2009
Topic
Rest in Peace JADE GOODY whenever you die!

OK magazine was right out of order but i am sure she was aware of it!
Re: Ugly / Nasty - Magazine Publishes Jade Goody Tribute Issue Before Her Death by spikedcylinder: 11:03pm On Mar 21, 2009
mohawkchic:

~Am sure she was aware of it before it was published so if she didnt approve of it coming out now,it could have been held off . . By all indications,the end is almost near for her! cry

~I Just hope more women are aware about Cervical Cancer & are up to date on their Smear Tests . . Too bad she has to go like this & leave her Sons at that tender age every child needs a mother the most!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/womens_health/issues_smeartest.shtml

http://www.medinfo.co.uk/tests/smear.html

Two weeks ago, my gyno mentioned something about a GSK vaccine against cervical cancer. Heard about it? What are the risk rates?
Re: Ugly / Nasty - Magazine Publishes Jade Goody Tribute Issue Before Her Death by JJYOU: 12:34am On Mar 22, 2009
is the money worth it.
Re: Ugly / Nasty - Magazine Publishes Jade Goody Tribute Issue Before Her Death by MrCrackles(m): 9:24am On Mar 22, 2009
She has now died!

Died overnight!!! sad

RIP Jade Goody!
Re: Ugly / Nasty - Magazine Publishes Jade Goody Tribute Issue Before Her Death by larayat(f): 9:32am On Mar 22, 2009
rip jade.u'll be missed so much.
Re: Ugly / Nasty - Magazine Publishes Jade Goody Tribute Issue Before Her Death by mohawkchic(f): 2:29am On Mar 24, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Two weeks ago, my gyno mentioned something about a GSK vaccine against cervical cancer. Heard about it? What are the risk rates?

~Yeah i first heard about it when my M8 mentioned her daughter came home w/ a letter that required her consent for her daughter to be given the GSK vaccine in school . . .

~The Plan is for Girls 12-13 yr olds to be vaccinated in schools around the UK . . .it is hoped this will prevent the risk of them having the virus before they reach the legal age it is required to have the Smear test screening in the UK:
Most would prolly be sexually active then . . an added risk in getting the virus!

You prolly know most of this but it wudnt hurt if someone's reading that isnt aware wink

~By all indications of what i have read /researched i am not aware of any risks . . undecided i didnt get any hits on Google either on risks about having the GSK vaccine !

Cervical Cancer -Glaxosmithkline Vaccine

http://www.gsk.com/infocus/cervical-cancer.htm

http://www.gsk.com/media/pressreleases/2008/2008_pressrelease_10071.htm
Re: Ugly / Nasty - Magazine Publishes Jade Goody Tribute Issue Before Her Death by spikedcylinder: 9:43am On Mar 24, 2009
Yea, the ideal age to get the vaccine is 12yrs old but I hear after you get your smear and its safe to get vaccinated, you can do so to lower the risks (significantly!) of getting cervical cancer.
Re: Ugly / Nasty - Magazine Publishes Jade Goody Tribute Issue Before Her Death by sexyLeamon(f): 9:45am On Mar 24, 2009
this is so sad even though she was a bully
Re: Ugly / Nasty - Magazine Publishes Jade Goody Tribute Issue Before Her Death by wunmilyn(f): 1:07pm On Mar 24, 2009
o mase oooooo
may her soul rest in peace
Re: Ugly / Nasty - Magazine Publishes Jade Goody Tribute Issue Before Her Death by SeanT21(f): 5:19am On Mar 25, 2009
RIP.

Her sons are so cute!!

(1) (Reply)

Wow! Meryl Streep & Sandra Bullock Shared An Award (and A Kiss) At Last Night’s / Nollywood Actresses The Beauty, The Swag / Hot Or Not: Charlie Boy’s Newphoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.