Stats: 3,158,395 members, 7,836,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Why There Are So Many Atheists On Nairaland And Beyond. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why There Are So Many Atheists On Nairaland And Beyond. (2776 Views)

Why So Many Atheists On Nairaland Forum? / Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? / The Problem With Many Atheists And Christians (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why There Are So Many Atheists On Nairaland And Beyond. by Jeromejnr(m): 3:19pm On Aug 15, 2015
It's because the devil is the god of this world system that's why.

Re: Why There Are So Many Atheists On Nairaland And Beyond. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 15, 2015
Tjayjosh:

If our traditional deities were true, they would have by all means prevented the christian missionaries from succeeding.
and if ur christian god is true, it could have also prevented atheiss from doubts and morealso prevented the christians from terrorist attacks and beyond

Re: Why There Are So Many Atheists On Nairaland And Beyond. by Tjayjosh(m): 5:14pm On Aug 15, 2015
krattoss:
and if ur christian god is true, it could have also prevented atheiss from doubts and morealso prevented the christians from terrorist attacks and beyond
When God made man, he gave him freewill, including a choice to believe or not to believe in him. Would God go against man's freedom of choice? No way. People become atheist because they chose to be. Terrorist attacks and every other thing that has plagued man since the beginning of time is as a result of sin. Sin separates us from God (Genesis 3:cool sin brought suffering into the world. When satan deceived man, he took control of the world and everything in it. Satan is the invisible ruler of this world (John 14:30). He is behind all the suffering you see, Sickness, poverty, disease, disaster, terrorism etc.
Re: Why There Are So Many Atheists On Nairaland And Beyond. by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 15, 2015
Tjayjosh:

When God made man, he gave him freewill, including a choice to believe or not to believe in him. Would God go against man's freedom of choice? No way. People become atheist because they chose to be. Terrorist attacks and every other thing that has plagued man since the beginning of time is as a result of sin. Sin separates us from God (Genesis 3:cool sin brought suffering into the world. When satan deceived man, he took control of the world and everything in it. Satan is the invisible ruler of this world (John 14:30). He is behind all the suffering you see, Sickness, poverty, disease, disaster, terrorism etc.
if satan is responsible for the bad things, then does it mean ur god cant protect the people he created anymore?

Then when good happens to us, should we thank the satan for turning his back on us or should we thank ur god for being their with us...?

U re as much as confused as ur punny god.

Re: Why There Are So Many Atheists On Nairaland And Beyond. by Weah96: 6:16pm On Aug 15, 2015
Tjayjosh:

Does your God have a blind spot like a truck driver? Is there some parts of spacetime that he cannot see?

How far in advance does the God see?
Re: Why There Are So Many Atheists On Nairaland And Beyond. by Tjayjosh(m): 6:31pm On Aug 15, 2015
krattoss:
if satan is responsible for the bad things, then does it mean ur god cant protect the people he created anymore?

Then when good happens to us, should we thank the satan for turning his back on us or should we thank ur god for being their with us...?

U re as much as confused as ur punny god.
Some people do not get God's protection because they fail to seek and to depend on him. The true essence of God’s
protection is the eternal
indwelling of the Holy Spirit
( Ephesians 2:21-22). The believer
is sealed for the day of final
glorification ( Ephesians 1:13-14).
We are protected in all things. We
have the ability, though, by
allowing our sin nature to rule
us, to depart from the will of God.
A shield can only protect if it is
picked up and used. We cannot
sit back and say, “God will
protect me!” if we have not done
the things we ought to be doing.
It is only through prayer and the
study of God’s Word that we are
assured of God’s protection in
our lives. To call God punny shows how far you've gone in your rebellion. May God have mercy on you.
Re: Why There Are So Many Atheists On Nairaland And Beyond. by Tjayjosh(m): 7:03pm On Aug 15, 2015
Weah96:

Does your God have a blind spot like a truck driver? Is there some parts of spacetime that he cannot see?

How far in advance does the God see?
Simply put; God does not have a blind spot. He does not have any limitation. He is omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent.
Re: Why There Are So Many Atheists On Nairaland And Beyond. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 15, 2015
Tjayjosh:

Some people do not get God's protection because they fail to seek and to depend on him. The true essence of God’s
protection is the eternal
indwelling of the Holy Spirit
( Ephesians 2:21-22). The believer
is sealed for the day of final
glorification ( Ephesians 1:13-14).
We are protected in all things. We
have the ability, though, by
allowing our sin nature to rule
us, to depart from the will of God.
A shield can only protect if it is
picked up and used. We cannot
sit back and say, “God will
protect me!” if we have not done
the things we ought to be doing.
It is only through prayer and the
study of God’s Word that we are
assured of God’s protection in
our lives. To call God punny shows how far you've gone in your rebellion. May God have mercy on you.
so if ur son doent bow down to u and beg for ur protection and support, u will overlook him,?just tell me that.

If u warn ur child not to go out, eventually if he//she goes out and injures, just tell me u will leave him/her to his fate?

U see why religion has succeded in making us daft?

That an omniscient god who knws everything before they happen can just allow satan to rule over us while he foreknew and still send those who goes astray to hell while he also foreknew that they will go astray? Why create them in the first place? Why giving us freewill when he knew we will gonna misuse it...

U knw what? Its just looks like am fighting with ur imaginary god but let me tell u loud and clear........ UR GOD IS MAN MADE AND ILLUSIONS, AND ONLY EXISTS IN UR MIND AND FANTASIES.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why There Are So Many Atheists On Nairaland And Beyond. by Weah96: 9:15pm On Aug 15, 2015
Tjayjosh:

Simply put; God does not have a blind spot. He does not have any limitation. He is omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent.

So explain what you mean by freewill? How is my will free if prior to my creation, he already knew that I would end up insulting him?

Does your iPhone do anything that it wasn't programmed to do by the manufacturers? Does the phone have freewill?

Re: Why There Are So Many Atheists On Nairaland And Beyond. by johnydon22(m): 9:54pm On Aug 15, 2015
Tjayjosh:

When God made man, he gave him freewill, including a choice to believe or not to believe in him. Would God go against man's freedom of choice? No way. People become atheist because they chose to be.
[b]Malvisguy i don't really know why you need a new moniker, your hypocrisy speaks tons of the kind of person you are..

First you accused the African God's concept of not being able to protect themselves from the encroachment of Christianity

And when the Intelligent young man Krattoss clearly showed you how your own God concept can't protect itself from People deconverting, and you shamelessly pulled out the "Freewill brouhaha?"

Can someone be any more hypocritic than this?

It didn't occur to you that the African God concepts too can still be explained by saying they allowed man freewill..

In short according to African mythology "The African God concept created man and also gave man free will"

But you were quick to pull out the "freewill" defence for your own God but it didn't occur to you that same can be used to defend the African God...

I think you my friend is an embodiment of chronic hypocrisy and religious bigotry at it's peak...
[/b]

Re: Why There Are So Many Atheists On Nairaland And Beyond. by TheDauraMallam: 10:17pm On Aug 15, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]Malvisguy i don't really know why you need a new moniker, your hypocrisy speaks tons of the kind of person you are..

First you accused the African God's concept of not being able to protect themselves from the encroachment of Christianity

And when the Intelligent young man Krattoss clearly showed you how your own God concept can't protect itself from People deconverting, and you shamelessly pulled out the "Freewill brouhaha?"

Can someone be any more hypocritic than this?

It didn't occur to you that the African God concepts too can still be explained by saying they allowed man freewill..

In short according to African mythology "The African God concept created man and also gave man free will"

But you were quick to pull out the "freewill" defence for your own God but it didn't occur to you that same can be used to defend the African God...

I think you my friend is an embodiment of chronic hypocrisy and religious bigotry at it's peak...
[/b]

Epic gullibility.
Re: Why There Are So Many Atheists On Nairaland And Beyond. by winner01(m): 12:20am On Aug 16, 2015
TheDauraMallam:

Epic gullibility.
Very epic bro, the guy go just write some long unintelligent nonsense. What baffles me is the few people that likes his comment. How someone could boast of gross unintelligence still beats me.

Re: Why There Are So Many Atheists On Nairaland And Beyond. by Tjayjosh(m): 10:31am On Aug 16, 2015
Weah96:

So explain what you mean by freewill? How is my will free if prior to my creation, he already knew that I would end up insulting him?

Does your iPhone do anything that it wasn't programmed to do by the manufacturers? Does the phone have freewill?
To have "free will" simly means that God gives humans the opportunity to make choices that genuinely affect their destiny. Yes God knew that man would sin, He knew that a day like this would come, and you'll insult Him. He knows everything.
He created us anyway, in His own image, to bring glory to Himself. If we were created as robots, it would not bring glory to Him. We were given
freedom to make choices. Even
though we chose to disobey, our choice became the means
by which God’s ultimate will was
carried out and by which His full glory will be seen. Note this: Man's chief end is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever.
Re: Why There Are So Many Atheists On Nairaland And Beyond. by Tjayjosh(m): 11:57am On Aug 16, 2015
krattoss:
so if ur son doent bow down to u and beg for ur protection and support, u will overlook him,?just tell me that.

If u warn ur child not to go out, eventually if he//she goes out and injures, just tell me u will leave him/her to his fate?

U see why religion has succeded in making us daft?

That an omniscient god who knws everything before they happen can just allow satan to rule over us while he foreknew and still send those who goes astray to hell while he also foreknew that they will go astray? Why create them in the first place? Why giving us freewill when he knew we will gonna misuse it...

U knw what? Its just looks like am fighting with ur imaginary god but let me tell u loud and clear........ UR GOD IS MAN MADE AND ILLUSIONS, AND ONLY EXISTS IN UR MIND AND FANTASIES.
From your post i can clearly see that you are lost in sin and self-delusion. "There was a man who had two sons. The younger one said to his father, father give me my share of the the estate. So he divided his property between them. Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living. After he had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and he began to be in need. So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that country, who sent him to his fields to feed pigs. He longed to fill his stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating, but no one gave him anything. When he came to his senses, he said, How many of my father's hired men have food to spare, and here i am starving to death! I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: father, i have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired men. So he got up and went to his father.
But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him. The son said to him, father, i have sinned against heaven and against you. I'm no longer worthy to be called your son. But the father said to his servants, quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let's have a feast and celebrate. For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found. So they began to celebrate. Meanwhile, the older son was in the field. When he came near the house, he heard music and dancing. So he called one of the servants and asked him what was going on. Your brother has come, he replied, and you father has killed the fattened calf because he has him back safe and sound. The older brother became angry and refused to go in. So his father went out and pleaded with him. But he answered his father, look! All these years i've been slaving for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a young goat so i could celebrate with my friends. But when this son of yours who has squandered your property with prostitutes come home, you kill the fattened calf for him! My son, the father said, you are always with me, and everything i have is yours. But we had to celebrate and be glad because this brother of yours was dead and is alive; he was lost and is found."
In this story, you are the younger son, i am the older son, and God is our Father.
Re: Why There Are So Many Atheists On Nairaland And Beyond. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 16, 2015
Tjayjosh:

From your post i can clearly see that you are lost in sin and self-delusion. "There was a man who had two sons. The younger one said to his father, father give me my share of the the estate. So he divided his property between them. Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living. After he had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and he began to be in need. So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that country, who sent him to his fields to feed pigs. He longed to fill his stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating, but no one gave him anything. When he came to his senses, he said, How many of my father's hired men have food to spare, and here i am starving to death! I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: father, i have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired men. So he got up and went to his father.
But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him. The son said to him, father, i have sinned against heaven and against you. I'm no longer worthy to be called your son. But the father said to his servants, quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let's have a feast and celebrate. For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found. So they began to celebrate. Meanwhile, the older son was in the field. When he came near the house, he heard music and dancing. So he called one of the servants and asked him what was going on. Your brother has come, he replied, and you father has killed the fattened calf because he has him back safe and sound. The older brother became angry and refused to go in. So his father went out and pleaded with him. But he answered his father, look! All these years i've been slaving for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a young goat so i could celebrate with my friends. But when this son of yours who has squandered your property with prostitutes come home, you kill the fattened calf for him! My son, the father said, you are always with me, and everything i have is yours. But we had to celebrate and be glad because this brother of yours was dead and is alive; he was lost and is found."
In this story, you are the younger son, i am the older son, and God is our Father.
then why hell fire?

So ur god cant forgive after death,?

Then why call him all loving?

Re: Why There Are So Many Atheists On Nairaland And Beyond. by Humblebloke(m): 1:01pm On Aug 16, 2015
Tjayjosh:

Chai!!...... Did you just say someone was lost in self delusionundecided

Your stupidity is legendary......

Re: Why There Are So Many Atheists On Nairaland And Beyond. by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 16, 2015
winner01:
Very epic bro, the guy go just write some long unintelligent nonsense. What baffles me is the few people that likes his comment. How someone could boast of gross unintelligence still beats me.
his comments are liked cos of his higher reasoning ablities and comprehension..

But ask urself why ur comments arent been liked..

Simple.. Cos ur comments are display of highest level of ignorance and enslavement by religion dogma.

Re: Why There Are So Many Atheists On Nairaland And Beyond. by winner01(m): 1:15pm On Aug 16, 2015
krattoss:
his comments are liked cos of his higher reasoning ablities and comprehension..

But ask urself why ur comments arent been liked..

Simple.. Cos ur comments are display of highest level of ignorance and enslavement by religion dogma.
Unlike you, nairaland aint my life.....Likes from few like-minded wannabe atheists dont mean sh*t......
Real atheists arnt here, they aint concerned about God or the religion section...
Unfortunately for you, the Kingdom of God is raking in converts in hundreds daily. You on the other hand will cry, wail, spew trash from here till your death. It should interest you that some worse people have come before you and many will come after your death...
Have a sad lifegrin, Jesus is hapiness though if you accept Him again.

Re: Why There Are So Many Atheists On Nairaland And Beyond. by Tjayjosh(m): 2:27pm On Aug 16, 2015
krattoss:
then why hell fire?
So ur god cant forgive after death,?
Then why call him all loving?
Hell was not created for humanity. Read (matthew 25:41) Those who spend eternity in hell, do so because they rejected God's love and his provision for salvation. Nobody is destined to go to hell, the bible says: God is not slack concerning his promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance (2 peter 3:9).
Re: Why There Are So Many Atheists On Nairaland And Beyond. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 16, 2015
Tjayjosh:

Hell was not created for humanity. Read
(matthew 25:41) Those who
spend eternity in hell, do so
because they rejected God's love
and his provision for salvation.
Nobody is destined to go to hell,
the bible says: God is not slack
concerning his promise, as some
count slackness, but is
longsuffering toward us, not
willing that any should perish but
that all should come to
repentance (2 peter 3:9).
hell was not created for humanity,then who created humanity?

Those that go to hell,who created them?

Re: Why There Are So Many Atheists On Nairaland And Beyond. by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 16, 2015
winner01:
Unlike you, nairaland aint my life.....Likes from few like-minded wannabe atheists dont mean sh*t......
Real atheists arnt here, they aint concerned about God or the religion section...
Unfortunately for you, the Kingdom of God is raking in converts in hundreds daily. You on the other hand will cry, wail, spew trash from here till your death. It should interest you that some worse people have come before you and many will come after your death...
Have a sad lifegrin, Jesus is hapiness though if you accept Him again.
who is nairaland its life?

We just spend some of our recreational time here.

Lol, who told u i aint happy? Am the happiest person in the world thus freethinker. Its just u who is a slave to certain jewish mythology concept...

Happy swimming in ur illusional fantasies.

The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. / Our Righteousness Is Not Filthy Rags, God Wants Our Righteousness / Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85